Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 03/10/07 - UCL - Celtic vs. AC Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Fillipo Simone
After all the Serie A troubles, a Champions League match is what we need,... devil.gif
arivanjj
yes but it's still gonna be a tough away match and these first 3 games are crucial for max points!
Tennie
Celtic hasn't had a spectacular start to their season, though.

Their defense has been...suspect. Boruc - who's normally a very good keeper - had two bad howlers that conceded goalsin the game vs. Hibs and Nakamura is an injury doubt.

So even though Parkhead is a very hard place for away teams to win, I don't think it'll be quite as bad as last year.
Rossoneri7
Worst case scenario we draw at Scotland rolleyes.gif

My prediction is a win
kurtsimonw
0-0.
mishie
1-2 as said Tennie Celtic are not in good form and despite the Parkhead crowd i think we'll win
forza Milan!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2007, 10:45 PM)
0-0.

This is a CL game Kurt, not Serie A tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 27 2007, 07:57 PM)
This is a CL game Kurt, not Serie A tongue.gif

Celtic are very good at home, Juve, United and many others have fallen there. I don't think we'll lose, but I'm not sure we'll win either. But we'll kill them at home. tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
29/09/2007 13:19

Injured Dida To Miss Celtic Clash

Nelson Dida is almost certainly out of Milan’s Champions League match with Celtic and will be replaced in goal by Zeljko Kalac.

The Brazilian shot-stopper missed Wednesday’s 2-1 defeat to Palermo after picking up an injury to his left shoulder. The 33-year-old has undergone a series of medical tests, which have revealed some inflammation that will require 10 days of rest. 

Milan travel to Glasgow to face Scottish champions Celtic next Wednesday and Australian keeper Zeljko Kalac will once again fill in for Dida. 

The ex-Leicester City flop is not the most inspiring of choices for the Rossoneri and looked suspect during the midweek defeat in Sicily. Kalac allowed Fabrizio Miccoli’s last minute free-kick to go through his hands and appeared nervous all game. 

However the 34-year-old did play against Celtic in the Champions League last year and managed to keep a clean sheet during the 0-0 draw in the first leg of the first knockout round. 

Milan went on to beat the Hoops 1-0 in the return leg at San Siro, with Kaka scoring a magnificent solo goal in extra time.

Great,...
I really would like to see Fiori in action. That would be his 3rd appearance for us, am I right?
arivanjj
not gonna see Fiori.. as long as Kalac is healthy he'll start as Dida's sub
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 29 2007, 03:50 PM)
I really would like to see Fiori in action. That would be his 3rd appearance for us, am I right?

Fiori is one of the biggest jokes in the history of football... a great talent but... he's too scared to play football in a real match!
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 29 2007, 07:45 AM)
Fiori is one of the biggest jokes in the history of football... a great talent but... he's too scared to play football in a real match!

What?
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 29 2007, 04:49 PM)
What?

Since his debut with Lazio... he was destined to become huge... but he was too weak!
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 29 2007, 08:16 AM)

Since his debut with Lazio... he was destined to become huge... but he was too weak!

Are you talking about Oliveira? huh.gif
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 29 2007, 05:21 PM)
Are you talking about Oliveira? huh.gif

No, Fiori! mad.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 29 2007, 06:12 PM)
No, Fiori! mad.gif

What about Fiori ?
Bluesummers
0-0 away
Zed.D
0-0 or worse...
weeeow
Another Gila dive will happen.

Will be a draw. Unfortunately sad.gif

Anywho

F@CKING FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE!!!!!!!!
Tennie
Oh dear.

Marcus Merk will be refereing the game.
Jack Sparrow
I'd like to see this one...I really would...Marcus Merk in Glasgow....
redbabies
CL Matchday 2: The Italian Challenge:

AC MILAN

Milan's problems are going from bad to worse. Many of the newspapers around the Italian peninsula have officially described the Rossoneri as in 'crisis'. The team have gone five league games without a win and on Sunday they put in a hugely disappointing display during the 1-1 draw with Catania. This result leaves Milan seven points behind rivals and league-leaders Inter and their hopes of winning the Scudetto seem all but over already.

Everyone seems to have an explanation for Milan's poor league form. Some say the squad is too old, others argue that Milan simply do not care about winning the Scudetto and are just interested in trying to retain their Champions League.

The problem to me seems simple. Yes the team is ageing slightly but Milan are really only one or two strikers away from having an awesome team. The Rossoneri are struggling badly for goals with only five in their last five league games, two of these being penalties. Pippo Inzaghi is still good, but he is 34 now and can't play every week.

Alberto Gilardino is simply not good enough, while Ronaldo is constantly injured. The Milan hierarchy made a big mistake in not purchasing a top-class, proven striker in the summer. Milan have the best midfield in Europe, the best player in the world in Kaka but they have no one up front.

In Europe things are always different. Everyone remembers how much Milan struggled last season in Serie A but that team went on to record magnificent victories against the likes of Bayern Munich and Man Utd on the way to winning the Champions League.

Another team Milan faced last campaign on route to Athens was tomorrow's opponents Celtic. The Rossoneri drew 0-0 at Celtic Park in the first round knockout stage before edging out the Hoops 1-0 in the second leg at San Siro, courtesy of a sublime solo goal by Kaka.

Milan face a difficult task if they are to win in Scotland. Celtic have a simply awesome home record in Europe and the Bhoys fans are among the best in the world and really get behind their team. Nevertheless if there is any team to do it, it is Milan. The Rossoneri seem to forget their domestic troubles when in Europe but my gut instinct is that this will end in a draw.

-----------
goal.com
-----------

Lets repeat that sentence again:

"The problem to me seems simple. Yes the team is ageing slightly but Milan are really only one or two strikers away from having an awesome team" devil.gif devil.gif
Zed.D

"the team is ageing slightly but Milan are really only one or two strikers away from having an awesome team"

Could agree with this part more. in fact Milan is only a Ronaldo away from being perfect! even if we have Kaladze and Kalac at back!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 1 2007, 12:25 PM)

"the team is ageing slightly but Milan are really only one or two strikers away from having an awesome team"

Could agree with this part more. in fact Milan is only a Ronaldo away from being perfect! even if we have Kaladze and Kalac at back!!

Are you two guys serious?

Maybe Milan is only a Ronaldo away from being perfect, but Ronaldo is only a million miles away from being perfect. We need a real striker solution, not the injury prone Ronnie, not the old Pippo nor the teenage duck.

But sometimes, this present squad can do perfect things,..
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 1 2007, 03:40 PM)
Are you two guys serious?

Maybe Milan is only a Ronaldo away from being perfect, but Ronaldo is only a million miles away from being perfect. We need a real striker solution, not the injury prone Ronnie, not the old Pippo nor the teenage duck.

But sometimes, this present squad can do perfect things,..

Right now, an on-form Ronaldo can solve many of our problems. no doubt about that. I have no idea when he's gonna get injured again but I have few doubts that our goal scoring problems will be gone once he gets ready, at least for a while, until he gets injured again.

We all know Milan desperately need another striker, but we're in October! how the hell are we gonna get one now?! rolleyes.gif the best short term solution to this striker problem is having a 100% ready Ronaldo back as soon as possible. you don't think so?!

And don't call my Pato a teenage Duck again tongue.gif don't underestimate him. he's gonna send that £18m Gilardino to the stands once he's eligible to play, I'd bet on it!
Tennie
Call ups, from acmilan.com (italian version):

CELTIC-MILAN: I CONVOCATI
01/10/2007
MILANELLO - Al termine dell'allenamento mattutino è stata diramata la lista dei convocati per Glasgow:
PORTIERI: Dida, Kalac, Fiori, Offredi (n°30)
DIFENSORI: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Jankulovski, Nesta, Oddo, Simic
CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Emerson, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf
ATTACCANTI: Gilardino, Inzaghi

It's nice that Offredi gets to go to Glasgow but why are we taking four keepers? And is Dida healthy or not?

And...No Kaladze (sorry, dst, no striptease for you this game!).
misha
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 1 2007, 03:57 PM)
It's nice that Offredi gets to go to Glasgow but why are we taking four keepers? And is Dida healthy or not?

Just a back up. Dida is probably not ready yet, last time Fiori played it was B.C., and Kalac is Kalac smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 1 2007, 03:05 PM)
Just a back up. Dida is probably not ready yet, last time Fiori played it was B.C., and Kalac is Kalac smile.gif

Man I would like to see what happened if Kalac got injuried,..
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 1 2007, 04:57 PM)
(sorry, dst, no striptease for you this game!).

You should be sorry indeed! cool.gif

But no Kaladze... what a relief! Young and inexperienced Darmian is better than him!

And where has Willy been, I though he was... "the thing" Mr Galliani! rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 1 2007, 05:22 PM)
Man I would like to see what happened if Kalac got injuried,..

Gameover rolleyes.gif
weeeow
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 1 2007, 10:58 AM)
Oh dear.

Marcus Merk will be refereing the game.

I swear after that draw in barcelona a couple of years back with a Sheva header disallowed the f@cking prick could not referee us again mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

all cos of Merk we did not play arsenal in paris and win mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
Rossoneri7
Marcus Merk mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I can't believe this !!! Out of all the refs out there, we get this prick !
dst
UEFA said back then that he wouldn't be assigned to referee any game involving Italian teams again... he allegedly hates them all, most of all Milan! He has already canceled out two perfect goal for us... they say bad things come in threes...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 2 2007, 02:36 AM)
UEFA said back then that he wouldn't be assigned to referee any game involving Italian teams again... he allegedly hates them all, most of all Milan! He has already canceled out two perfect goal for us... they say bad things come in threes...

f2ck that !!! This is totally ridiculous !! It is like they want us knocked out !!! I smell that scumbag moratti !!! mad.gif mad.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 2 2007, 12:43 AM)
f2ck that !!! This is totally ridiculous !! It is like they want us knocked out !!! I smell that scumbag moratti !!! mad.gif  mad.gif

laugh.gif ..stay calm. We're gonna win with or without Merk..
Tennie
I just went to lurk on one of the Celtic boards (they're a very friendly lot, by the way, and they do a LOT of work in the way of banners and fundraising and stuff. I've even contributed to one of their banners. The Curva could learn from these guys).

Opinion there seems a little divided on whether they think they can win the game. The majority do think they'll win, citing home pitch advantage and Milan's current form. Some think Milan will win.

The one poster I like best (known as Badgeman because of his gameday outfit) just wants 3 points from the game.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 2 2007, 03:06 AM)

Two perfect goals?! I just remember Sheva's. which was the other one?...

Anyway, I'm worried about Kalac and Simic/Bonera a lot more than having Merk as the referee...
dst
CARLO ANCELOTTI ON DIDA AND THE STRIKERS
10/2/2007
MILAN - At the airport, before the departure towards Glasgow, Carlo Ancelotti gave some indications on the formation ahead of Celtic-Milan, on the goalkeeper and the attack: "Dida worked well yesterday and will try against tonight at the stadium. If he will be in condition, he will play. With regards to the attack, right now 51% of probability Inzaghi and 49% for Gilardino."

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 2 2007, 01:33 PM)
Two perfect goals?! I just remember Sheva's. which was the other one?...

Shevchenko's goal in the '03 CL Final against Juventus!
Tennie
Hrm. Maybe a good news thing for us. Celtic striker Vennegoor of Hesselink is definitely out of the game with a hamstring injury. (this from lurking on the Celtic boards).
fresh_prince7
Great stealth to get inside information Tennie.
Tennie
It's not so much stealth stuff, really. I actually do like Celtic. smile.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 2 2007, 02:31 PM)
Shevchenko's goal in the '03 CL Final against Juventus!

Ah... you're right. I don't exactly remember that goal. I thought it was offside...

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 2 2007, 04:34 PM)
Hrm. Maybe a good news thing for us. Celtic striker Vennegoor of Hesselink is definitely out of the game with a hamstring injury. (this from lurking on the Celtic boards).

Er.. and the good news for us is the possibility of Dida making it for tomorrow's game. Carlo said he was alright in yesterday's training. he may be a last minute change to our lineup.
misha
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 2 2007, 03:36 PM)
Ah... you're right. I don't exactly remember that goal. I thought it was offside...

It wasn't.
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 2 2007, 07:14 PM)
It wasn't.

Pippo was... but it should have counted!

Strachan pinpoints Kaka

Celtic boss believes Brazilian ace is the key

Celtic boss Gordon Strachan has pinpointed Kaka as Milan's danger man ahead of Wednesday's UEFA Champions League clash.

The Brazilian playmaker settled the contest the last time the sides met earlier this year and Strachan is fully aware of his talents.

Strachan acknowledges Milan have a star-studded squad, but thinks Kaka is the cream of the crop.

"They have good players all over the place but Kaka is probably one of the most exciting," explained Strachan.

"If you are looking for excitement then he has got that, you saw that with the goal he got against us last season.

"When everything seemed fine and we were attacking, suddenly they break away, the ball comes off big Evander Sno and he has the ability to go past another couple of people and score.

"That's just genius and sometimes you have just got to hold your hands up to genius."

Donati on a mission

Meanwhile, ex-Milan midfielder Massimo Donati is hoping to show his former club that they were wrong to sell him.

Donati spent six seasons with Milan, but never cemented a first-team spot and had loan spells at Parma, Torino and Atalanta.

"I hope to show them that they made a mistake selling me but I don't look back," he said.

"The past is in the past. I want to play well but I'm not out for revenge or anything like that.

"It is very important for me that we win but it is more important that the team wins. I always put the team first."

::skysports::

I like this Strachan guy... he's smart! rolleyes.gif

Donati has no place in Milan right now (well not this Milan, he's not worse than Brocchi obviously - who is - but an ideal Milan... the one we all hope to see again in a couple of years). Maybe if gets to taste some Scottish roundhouse kicks and brutal tackles, he will come back tougher like Gattuso... as a sub!
han2503
That Strachan must have a doctorate lying around somewhere wink.gif

But imo Kaka won't be the one to watch, if Celtic let Pirlo have his space and they only focus on Kaka like Benfica did then we will stroll the game.

Kaka might be spectacular but Pirlo is our brain we don't function without him.

QUOTE (dst)

Wasn't it Rui Costa who was "supposedly" ( rolleyes.gif ) obscuring Buffon's view when Sheva scored? At least that's the excuse I remeber for that goal being disallowed
Tennie
cry.gif cry.gif Uhoh.

Nesta didn't take part in today's training at Parkhead. He stayed at the hotel as a precaution with a stomach ailment.

link
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 2 2007, 12:08 PM)
That Strachan must have a doctorate lying around somewhere  wink.gif

But imo Kaka won't be the one to watch, if Celtic let Pirlo have his space and they only focus on Kaka like Benfica did then we will stroll the game.

Kaka might be spectacular but Pirlo is our brain we don't function without him.

QUOTE (dst)

Wasn't it Rui Costa who was "supposedly" ( rolleyes.gif ) obscuring Buffon's view when Sheva scored? At least that's the excuse I remeber for that goal being disallowed

what a dirty german *insert porty's favorite word here*
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 2 2007, 11:56 PM)
cry.gif  cry.gif  Uhoh.

Nesta didn't take part in today's training at Parkhead. He stayed at the hotel as a precaution with a stomach ailment.

He will play, don't worry! smile.gif
MizNelson
Don't forget, Merk also screwed Inter during the Euroderby back in '05. He doesn't have it in only for us.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Oct 3 2007, 09:26 AM)
Don't forget, Merk also screwed Inter during the Euroderby back in '05. He doesn't have it in only for us.

He is just a bad referee. That's all. We gonna win anyway,...
Celtic-Milan 0:1; somewere in the 60th, 70th minute, someone who usually does not score,.. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.