Serie A 2007/08 - Week 6

Milan vs. Catania

Sunday, September 30, 2007

14:00 (UK); 15:00 (IT)

This one should be taken serious,.. rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
What ?! huh.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 23 2007, 11:31 PM)
What ?! huh.gif

Well, after the two draws agaainst minor teams we should take the Catania match serious,..
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 24 2007, 01:37 PM)
Well, after the two draws agaainst minor teams we should take the Catania match serious,..

I'd even call it a must win, if we keep drawing to teams like this, I'd rather not watch what Inter and Juve do to us this season.

My prediction: Milan 2-0 Catania: Gila and Janku with the goals. wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 27 2007, 06:44 PM)
I'd even call it a must win, if we keep drawing to teams like this, I'd rather not watch what Inter and Juve do to us this season.

My prediction: Milan 2-0 Catania: Gila and Janku with the goals.  wink.gif

I'd be bold and stupid and say - Milan-Catania 4:0
misha
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 27 2007, 08:09 PM)
I'd be bold and stupid and say - Milan-Catania 4:0

It's not that stupid. Now, if you say that Gila would score more than once... wink.gif
mishie
i think 3-0 and a upturn in fortunes! biggrin.gif
no excuses a win and a performance are needed!!
foza milan per sempre!
Fillipo Simone
I hope we'll use Catania's net to loose our frustration,.. cool.gif
Ry4n
im going to see this match so i hope we do win not draw
Rossoneri7
We're gonna break Catania, if the team play as well as they did at Barbera, we will win comfortably .. Anytime now rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
Ok..since ur asking for it...

Are you crazy?? Us win....if we can't beat bottom place teams like Empoli etc. we don't stand a chance. We've already lost games against a middling team...our team is totally weak. Fire Carlo...fire the management...fire...blah blah...ad infinitum....ad nauseum....

Ok so now that's outta the way....any updates on players? Injuries etc.?
Rossoneri7
Why didn't Dida play against Palermo ? Is Kalac still gonna be in goal at the San Siro ?
Jack Sparrow
It's those goddamn shoulders of his....any updates on that....too early I guess...
MizNelson
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 27 2007, 09:04 PM)
It's those goddamn shoulders of his....any updates on that....too early I guess...

It wasn't even mentioned on acmilan.com prior to the Palermo match, and the papers' only description of which shoulder was hurt was the one that wasn't operated on (huh?). He took part in regular training the next day with the other goalies, so I'm hoping it was an aberration. Who knows, maybe he's been playing in pain since the start of the Serie A season.

Still, don't be surprised if he sits out Sunday in order to be rested for the CL match v. Celtic next week. And, just my luck, FSC will be airing the match as well.
Rossoneri7
Confirmed Dida wont play ... Ronaldo is closer to full fitness.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 27 2007, 10:43 PM)

Source?
arivanjj
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 28 2007, 03:43 PM)

cry.gif
Zed.D
Though Ronaldo won't play in Catania match, I'm sure we will get three points this time (or we'd better look for another coach if Carlo failed to win us this game).
Zed.D

Tennie
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Sep 28 2007, 03:56 AM)
Source?

acmilan.com (italian version) is saying that Dida didn't train today. From that one would assume he's not going to play.

Kalac e Fiori hanno lavorato a parte con il preparatore Villiam Vecchi. Assente Dida

link
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 28 2007, 01:55 AM)
We're gonna break Catania, if the team play as well as they did at Barbera, we will win comfortably .. Anytime now rolleyes.gif

Seriously!! Don't know how you could be so confident. We can't score atm, and if we do we are always managing to conceede rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 28 2007, 06:17 PM)
Seriously!! Don't know how you could be so confident. We can't score atm, and if we do we are always managing to conceede  rolleyes.gif

Our attack has not been so bad (compared to last season's)! We've scored in every game so far... remember how many 0-0 draws we had last season? It's our defensive mechanism that's not working!
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 28 2007, 09:24 AM)
Our attack has not been so bad (compared to last season's)! We've scored in every game so far... remember how many 0-0 draws we had last season? It's our defensive mechanism that's not working!

It's all because of Maldini's absence I tell you. I mean,

Odd Nesta [blank] Jankulovski

Kaladze has been very poor so far. At least one huge mistake in every game.

Bonera only played one game. His partnership with Nesta wasn't so hot last season.

I think we are lacking our leader in the heart of defense. And you were right dst, we are gonna need a big-name-leader-type replacement for him at the end of season. Or someone like Alex or Stam. Otherwise, I'm afraid Kaladze and Bonera can't cut it for us. We play with 2 complete defensive midfielders and a playmaker who plays deep. We have a strong back line in oddo, Nesta and Janku. We are just missing a certain someone. I think it's wrong of Ancelotti to want from the players to keep the ball at ALL TIMES and NEVER lose concentration. That's not realistic. Teams will attack you and you will need to cope with the pressure when they do. But these days, every team has learned that if they put pressure on us for a little while, they will get rewarded. And every team has done just that successfully so far after the Genoa game.
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 28 2007, 06:58 PM)
And every team has done just that successfully so far after the Genoa game.

It was bad our Serie A campaign began at Genoa! Their 3-4-3 allowed us to roam freely and created false impressions!
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 28 2007, 07:55 AM)
acmilan.com (italian version) is saying that Dida didn't train today. From that one would assume he's not going to play.
link

S***.

No problem, it's just because he first mentioned it yesterday and I didn't see it on the Italian version of acmilan.com at the time.
Jack Sparrow
Paolo's training jersey looks awesome...
jefri91
Just to be safe.... Milan 0 - 1 Catania
Tennie
I just relooked at the 'today's training' article on acmilan.com's Italian page (link a couple of posts above). One thing stood out (aside from the lovely photo of Il Capitano in action): the team worked on scoring from crosses. Oddo and Pirlo provided the crosses. Hopefully the practice will pay off.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 28 2007, 07:50 PM)
I just relooked at the 'today's training' article on acmilan.com's Italian page (link a couple of posts above). One thing stood out (aside from the lovely photo of Il Capitano in action): the team worked on scoring from crosses. Oddo and Pirlo provided the crosses. Hopefully the practice will pay off.

it better mad.gif And i hope we dont have gilardino starting cause i cannot stand playing with a man down. My prediction 2-1 in favor of milan.
Zed.D
Be optimistic! Milan 0 - 1 Catania!?!! no way in hell!

I say Milan 3 - 1 Catania.
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 29 2007, 08:53 AM)
Be optimistic! Milan 0 - 1 Catania!?!! no way in hell!

I say Milan 3 - 1 Catania.

^^^

That's a reverse jinx tactic biggrin.gif

It worked amazingly well last season in the CL, so I'm going to go for a 0-2 to Catania for this one wink.gif devil.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 29 2007, 03:39 AM)
^^^

That's a reverse jinx tactic  biggrin.gif

It worked amazingly well last season in the CL, so I'm going to go for a 0-2 to Catania for this one  wink.gif  devil.gif

It works best when you actually believe it. Try it. tongue.gif
misha
Ancelotti wants it all

Carlo Ancelotti demands entertaining football and victories from now on as Milan take on Catania and Celtic.

The Coach is putting the Palermo upset behind him after that shock 2-1 defeat midweek.

“We have to look forward to tomorrow’s game with Catania. We must take the good elements from the Palermo match, as we played well and have to focus on that, as it is through quality football you get results.”

Wednesday’s 2-1 defeat in Sicily saw Clarence Seedorf give them the lead and several chances wasted before Palermo overturned the result in stoppages.

The Rossoneri have picked up just three points from their last four Serie A games and must beat Catania to avoid dropping out of the Scudetto race.

“At the time I felt anger, but now the importance of the result and our desire to get back up the table are starting to weigh on us. This team is in good shape and we await the results that prove that.

“Admittedly, I thought we would have a few more points under our belts by now, especially as we played inconsistently, but never badly.”

Nelson Dida and Ronaldo are sidelined for this tie along with long-term absentee Paolo Maldini.

“Dida’s shoulder problem can be resolved in about a week and Zeljko Kalac has always done well, even in the Champions League,” continued Ancelotti.

“Against Catania we have to play well and win – I believe the two go together. Milan have certain characteristics tied to the quality of their players. We do not know how to muscle our way to victory and a result must only be attained via good football. In the long run playing well does pay off and we must continue along that path.”

In the last pre-Champions League Serie A match, the Coach rested Kaka, Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso – will he be doing the same ahead of Wednesday’s trip to Glasgow?

“Pirlo is not going to be rested. I won’t rotate the squad, although there are a few players who have not fully recovered yet, but we are focusing only on Catania.”

Milan squad: Kalac, Fiori, Offredi; Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Oddo, Nesta; Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf; Gilardino, Inzaghi
milanista88
still just calling up Gilardino and Inzaghi... what in the world did Willy do wrong to not get called up!!! would be 10x more usefull than calling up Offerdi, this is retarded.
Tennie
Not directly related to the game, but today's 'team training' article on acmilan.com's Italian page did reveal a couple of things.

1. The team worked on rapidity exercises.
2. Il Capitano participated in the full practice with the rest of the team! I think this is the first time he's done so since last season.
KillerMax
Here is what I'd go for:

---------------Fiori--------------------------
--Oddo---Nesta--Bonera---Jankulovski--
---------------Pirlo--------------------------
------Gattuso------Gourcuff----------------
--------------Seedorf-----------------------
---------Kaka--------------------------------
----------------Gilardino---------------------

Ancelotti though, will opt for the usual suspects.

But if these run of bad form keeps on continuing, here is another option:

----Bonera--Nesta--Kaladze----
-----------------------------------
Oddo---------Pirlo--------Janku-
------Gattuso---------------------
---------------------Seedorf------
--------Kaka----------------------
---------------Gila-----------------
MizNelson
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 29 2007, 02:13 PM)
----Bonera--Nesta--Kaladze----
-----------------------------------
Oddo---------Pirlo--------Janku-
------Gattuso---------------------
---------------------Seedorf------
--------Kaka----------------------
---------------Gila-----------------

Heh, Gila in goal?
Rossoneri7
More like ..

--------Kalac

Cafu--Nesta--Kakha--Janku

Ringo--Pirlo--Emerson

---Kaka'---Seedorf

------Gila

Not much change except for Dida's injury ... Oddo might be rested for Celtic (might) ... And I do hope Gila starts scoring, although it's for a lost cause that I feel this way rolleyes.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 29 2007, 03:22 PM)
Oddo might be rested for Celtic (might)

He'd better be; according to many, he looked like he was going to keel over from exhaustion v. Palermo on Wednesday.
arivanjj
Oddo and Pirlo need to be rested. Gourcuff needs to START! mad.gif
jefri91
play gourcuff u dumb b!tch
jefri91
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 29 2007, 09:39 AM)
^^^

That's a reverse jinx tactic  biggrin.gif

It worked amazingly well last season in the CL, so I'm going to go for a 0-2 to Catania for this one  wink.gif  devil.gif

FORZA CATANIA !!! king.gif
han2503
I personally would go for something like this

Favalli--Nesta--Bonera--Cafu
----Puma---Pirlo---Yoann----
--------Kaka--Seedorf--------
------------Gila----------------

Our full backs need to get some rest. Yoann should DEFINATELY start, no need for 2 defensive mids against Catania. I think Emerson will be enough, give Rino some rest to get fired up for the match against Celtic

Gila should be a definate, Pippo is a 100% starter against Celtic and wouldn't want to risk him
mkenya
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 30 2007, 08:07 AM)
Our full backs need to get some rest. Yoann should DEFINATELY start, no need for 2 defensive mids against Catania. I think Emerson will be enough, give Rino some rest to get fired up for the match against Celtic

Gila should be a definate, Pippo is a 100% starter against Celtic and wouldn't want to risk him

Han you de man! quite sensible!
arivanjj
official line-up:
MILAN: Kalac; Cafu, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Inzaghi.

CATANIA: Polito; Sardo, Stovini, Terlizzi, Vargas; Izco, Edusei, Biagianti; Martinez, Mascara; Spinesi.
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Sep 30 2007, 12:17 PM)
official line-up:
MILAN: Kalac; Cafu, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Seedorf; Inzaghi.

CATANIA: Polito; Sardo, Stovini, Terlizzi, Vargas; Izco, Edusei, Biagianti; Martinez, Mascara; Spinesi.

And ONCE again No Yoann!!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

And risking Pippo before Celtic is not such a good idea
arivanjj
match will also be shown on www.bet365.com

you need to be registered!
misha
Emerson in the stands
Tennie
The Curva seem to be in good voice. They have a 'happy birthday' banner for Berlusconi

And Don Silvio is there to see it too.
misha
I only just noticed that Nesta isn't playing. Will be interesting to see Kala and Bonera together
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.