Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It has begun...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
Warchant

i don't care what the rest of the world thinks...beckham is huge for US Soccer. He packed the stadium and brought out the hollywood celebs. He even managed to take away from the fact that freakin chelsea was playing in the US. Some of the greatest names is soccer were on that field, but all the attention was on beckham in the united states.

can't wait to see what happens during the rest of the season
Portman
From now on... the team I support in USA:

biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
Well, he is a great add to the MLS, plus I hope this does bring awarness in the states about this beautiful sport ..

But I doubt Beckham's spot light will last long .. Cuz the way things are going, it's like a fad, and once the US has had enough of all the Beckham hype, I'm afraid they'll turn a cold shoulder on him ..
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 23 2007, 03:43 PM)
Well, he is a great add to the MLS, plus I hope this does bring awarness in the states about this beautiful sport ..

Completely agreed. I'm certain Bekcham will make it bigger in the states, if only for a few years. Who knows, more big names may follow?
Rossoneri7
More names will follow ? Yes, I think that is how things will be. The problem with the MLS is marketing. Like in Italy you have Kaka, Zlatan, Adriano, Del Peiro, Totti, etc etc ad in England etc etc .. The marketing is the key ..Especially now that the US has done well in several editions of the WC and with a Brand (i.e. Beckham ..) ... Yeah, I'm sure more will follow, many whom like to count the $$$ wink.gif

When I lived over there, football was a girls sport biggrin.gif You had me on a football field being tackled by a girl .. What followed is non of ur business tongue.gif tongue.gif Don't know if it still is tongue.gif Might be the problem right there, that its a girls sport tongue.gif

Seriously though Beckham is a proven marketing tool .. The sport will expand much more effectively. And if that is the case, then I believe other teams in the MLS will do a Galaxy on teams like Madrid or *gulp* Milan ... Depends on how BIG the MLS can be
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 24 2007, 01:09 AM)
Seriously though Beckham is a proven marketing tool .. The sport will expand much more effectively.

As much as it will help it, more people will begin to hate it.

I watch alot of US Sports shows and the majority of the guys on there don't like him at all, I really don't think they like it that the guy in the sporting spot-light right now in the US is neither American nor from one of their sports.

It'll be a 'love it or hate it' scenario, let's just hope more of 'em love it. biggrin.gif
Warchant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 24 2007, 08:29 PM)
As much as it will help it, more people will begin to hate it.

I watch alot of US Sports shows and the majority of the guys on there don't like him at all, I really don't think they like it that the guy in the sporting spot-light right now in the US is neither American nor from one of their sports.

It'll be a 'love it or hate it' scenario, let's just hope more of 'em love it.  biggrin.gif

apparently i've missed these sports shows

i think the majority of people like him
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jul 26 2007, 02:43 PM)
apparently i've missed these sports shows

i think the majority of people like him

Around The Horn
Pardon The Interuption
Even guests of the Tim McCarver show
I'm not sure who commentates of the Chicago Cubs games, but both of their commentators are sick of 'Seeing his face everywhere and soccer in general'

Those are a few of the top of my head, plenty more MLB commentators, it does seem to be the baseball folk not taking to it.
Warchant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 26 2007, 04:04 PM)
Around The Horn
Pardon The Interuption

these 2 shows bash everything...regardless of how good it may be

as long as it doesn't fit into their world is must be retarted.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jul 26 2007, 09:47 PM)

They're brilliant though. biggrin.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jul 26 2007, 03:47 PM)

Spot on. It's kind of like watching FOX NEWS... rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.