Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ANOTHER MEDAL
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
arivanjj
London monthly World Soccer published one of those "all time" lists that make the fans swoon. The Milan team coached by Arrigo Sacchi is judged as the best club side of all time

MILAN - A great satisfaction for the Rossoneri history. "World Soccer" magazine published the all time list of the best football teams on basis of a survey made among football experts from around the world.

Here is the classification: click here

For the Rossoneri side coached by Arrigo Sacchi there is the great satisfaction of being named the first club team in the standings after Pelé's Brazil side of 1970, Puskas' Hungary of 1953-54, and the Holland starring Cruyff of 1974. Not just that: Sacchi's Milan, who are fondly remembered even today by president Berlusconi and all the Milan fans, is the only Italian club side cited on the list, composed of 20 teams.

Let's recall all the trophies won by the Milan side coached by Arrigo Sacchi:

1987-88: Scudetto

1988-89: European Champions Cup, Italian Supercup

1989-90: Intercontinental Cup, European Supercup, and European Champions Cup

1990-91: Intercontinental Cup, European Supercup
arivanjj
king.gif king.gif king.gif

greatest club team ever. wow!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jul 11 2007, 01:31 AM)
king.gif  king.gif  king.gif 

greatest club team ever. wow!

cool.gif

And where are Real, 6th. They may as well not be on there if they're going to be that low. tongue.gif

There are some team clubs/teams on that list, but I don't understand why Spurs '61 are in the company of such a great Milan side. mad.gif
misha
Rightfully so king.gif king.gif king.gif

BTW in the 'matches' category Milan - Liverpool game is second after Germany - Italy WC 1970 semi final game.
dst
Ha ha!! biggrin.gif Above Porty's team!!!! king.gif
dst
SACCHI AND "THAT" MILAN TEAM

7/11/2007 8:12:00 PM

The national and international press has been writing a lot about the World Soccer classification which crowned Arrigo Sacchi's Milan as the best club side of all time

MILAN - After "World Soccer" magazine published the results of the best teams of all time poll, in which the Milan side coached by Arrigo Sacchi is listed as the best club side of all time, following the 1970 Brazilian national team starring Pelé, the 1954 Hungarian side featuring Puskas, and the 1974 Dutch team led by Cruyff, Sacchi spoke to Milan Channel about the pride he feels, particularly for the fact that his team, one still held dear by president Berlusconi and all the Milan fans, are the only Italian club side in the list.

"It's a recognition which fills with pride, which deeply honors the club, the players, and also a bit myself. It's a huge recognition, also because it comes from a nation that does not always have the highest opinions about us, and the magazine is of the highest quality. We are very proud, this is a great pleasure. I am surprised because even though I knew we were good but to see us up there, named as the best club side of all time is an honor that leaves me speechless.

"I believe that in football it's important to combine two things: winning and convincing. And try to be active protagonists, never passive, to have control over the pitch, the play, and the initiative. We may not have succeeded always but we always tried. It was also important to have a club structure that was patient, competent, which did not put pressure on people and allowed them space. And finding players who were highly motivated, very professional, and of great character. I think this was the real secret: to work with people of this caliber, in such a positive atmosphere, with an enthusiasm that kept on growing, and also the type of football that we played increased the euphoria. We have always tried to go everywhere in the world to impose our style of football, always.

I simply love him!! cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.