Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SP] La Liga 07/08
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Portman
All the Spanish La Liga 2007/08 talk here!
dst
Real make Tevez contact

Real Madrid have been in contact about West Ham United striker Carlos Tevez, according to the Argentine's agent.

Tevez's future at Upton Park remains unclear following the row which landed The Hammers with a £5.5million fine and saw Sheffield United contest the punishment.

During the closing weeks of the season, Tevez was instrumental in keeping West Ham in the Premier League, but has yet to commit his future to the club.

He recently admitted it was 'time to join a big club', with Serie A champions Internazionale declaring an interest.

Newly-crowned Spanish champions Real have also been strongly linked with a £30million bid for the former Corinthians star.

Tevez's agent Adrian Ruocco has confirmed the interest from Real, but is refusing to rule out the possibility of the fans' hero staying at Upton Park.

"There's been contact with Real Madrid," Ruocco told the Sun.

"We've been patient, but if Real don't make a concrete offer then Carlos has a lot of options.

"He has offers from Europe's biggest clubs.

"But there's no need to rule out anything, including staying at West Ham where he is settled and wanted."

skysports

I wish them total failure!! smile.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 18 2007, 06:57 PM)
I wish them total failure!! smile.gif

I think he'll go to Inter or stay in England.

Although a Nistelrooy-Tévez would be nice to see. But Madrid, more than fowards... they need wingers.
dst
Madrid need a respectable president and board in general! wink.gif
misha
Hope Athletico Madrid can finally do something good like at least qualify for the CL.
Portman

The big questions of this Summer @ La Liga:

-Who will Madrid buy with their 100M to spend? A big name coming up?
-Barcelona need changes. They'll be active in this market.
-Valencia... selling one of their stars after this year's failure? David Villa, Joaquin, Vicente, Miguel, D.Silva?
-Sevilla... can they keep Daniel Alves?
-Atletico ... Fernando Torres's future after another season without Europe?
dst
Was Valencia's season really a failure? unsure.gif I don't think so...

Anyway, I think the La Liga is going to be the most interesting league market-wise this summer.
Tennie
Quick question: Didn't Atletico make the final UEFA Cup spot this year? If so, isn't Torres more likely to stay?
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 18 2007, 07:25 PM)
Was Valencia's season really a failure? unsure.gif I don't think so...

With a better team (overall) than Sevilla finish 4th... they should be fighting for the title with Madrid and Catalonia. Too many injuries too during the season.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 18 2007, 07:28 PM)
Quick question: Didn't Atletico make the final UEFA Cup spot this year? If so, isn't Torres more likely to stay?

No. They finished 7th. Villarreal and Zaragoza in UEFA Cup.
misha
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 18 2007, 09:28 PM)

Intertoto
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 18 2007, 09:30 PM)
With a better team (overall) than Sevilla finish 4th... they should be fighting for the title with Madrid and Catalonia. Too many injuries too during the season.

I meant that, considering their bad luck, it wasn't such a bad season... and 3rd place wouldn't have made much of a difference.
Tennie
This one's a bit surprising.

[Despite his hero status from last night's game against Majorca, Jose Antonio Reyes is ready to transfer to Atletico Madrid. According to 'Radio Marca' Reyes has no intention of returning to England, Madrid don't want to sign him permanently, and he's inclined to accept a move to Atletico in order to remain in Spain.]

link

Atletico Madrid In arrivo Reyes

19:42 del 18 giugno

Nonostante sia stato il protagonista della rimonta sul Maiorca, che ha permesso al Real Madrid di vincere il titolo, Josè Antonio Reyes è pronto a passare all'Atletico Madrid. Secondo 'Radio Marca' Reyes, non ha intenzione di tornare in Inghilterra, il Real Madrid non sembra volerlo riscattare e, lui pur di restare in Spagna, è disposto ad andare con i colchoneros.
Jack Sparrow
Hmmm Aguero, Torres and Reyes???

Unless Torres is being unloaded. Atletico still needs mid-fielders and defenders though.
Portman
Well... Reyes solved some Madrid problems. But I think he's no started for them. They need some class in the wings like Robben or Joaquin. Players that can make really the difference. Reyes is quality but just another squad player for them.

PS: Atletico have Petrov for the LW... can't understand this one. rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
Reyes also plays as striker Portyboy....which could mean a move on the cards for Torres.
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 18 2007, 09:49 PM)
PS: Atletico have Petrov for the LW... can't understand this one.  rolleyes.gif

They want to make him suffer for handing Real the title!
Portman
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 18 2007, 07:50 PM)
Reyes also plays as striker Portyboy....which could mean a move on the cards for Torres.

Striker? You mean... SS (a foward, not the pure striker). But he's not as good as he is as LW. He's good on the wings. Quick and with tecnique.

Torres out for Reyes? It's a possibility...
Jack Sparrow
Ok..yeah not exactly ur upfront targetman is Reyes. I don't particularly think too highly of him in the wings. His crossing is a little suspect.

But if Torres moves, I suppose Liverpool is the only option.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 18 2007, 07:48 PM)
Hmmm Aguero, Torres and Reyes???

Unless Torres is being unloaded. Atletico still needs mid-fielders and defenders though.

Didn't they already sign Raul Garcia of Osasuna? Really like that guy. He's the playmaker they need desperately.
Barcelona need a ball winning midfielder. They have a lot of creative players, but they lack someone like Rhino who can't play football ball has balls.
Real....well they're going to spend big. That's certain.Maybe they'll renew their interrest in Cristiano R., Fabregas....some young star.
I don't think Valencia will let any stars go, especially Villa.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jun 18 2007, 07:03 PM)
I don't think Valencia will let any stars go, especially Villa.

Agreed. They've had quite a disappointing season, they were always that little bit of the pace of the top 3. But I think alot of their players would rather stay where they are, with a chance of winning the league next season.

About Athletico. The three UEFA Cup spots go to 5th, 6th and Copa Del Rey winner.
5th and 6th have been decided, let's just say Sevilla beat Getafe. Is it the same as FA Cup where the runner up gets the spot if the winner is in Europe. Or like the Carling Cup where if the winner is already in Europe it goes to 7th in the league?
LaPalma
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2007, 09:45 PM)
Agreed. They've had quite a disappointing season, they were always that little bit of the pace of the top 3. But I think alot of their players would rather stay where they are, with a chance of winning the league next season.

About Athletico. The three UEFA Cup spots go to 5th, 6th and Copa Del Rey winner.
5th and 6th have been decided, let's just say Sevilla beat Getafe. Is it the same as FA Cup where the runner up gets the spot if the winner is in Europe. Or like the Carling Cup where if the winner is already in Europe it goes to 7th in the league?

The spot will go to Getafe. It doesn't matter if they win it or loose it. If Sevilla wins, they'll take the spot, as you said, because Sevilla already qualified for the CL....and if Getafe wins...well they're of course in the UEFA Cup.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jun 18 2007, 09:07 PM)
The spot will go to Getafe. It doesn't matter if they win it or loose it. If Sevilla wins, they'll take the spot, as you said, because Sevilla already qualified for the CL....and if Getafe wins...well they're of course in the UEFA Cup.

And I thought having Millwall in the UEFA Cup was funny. But Getafe? laugh.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 18 2007, 10:11 PM)
And I thought having Millwall in the UEFA Cup was funny. But Getafe?  laugh.gif

Thanks to Don Schuster who humiliated Barcelona.
Anyway, reports are suggesting Calderon will fire Capello and make Schuster reals new coach. IMO a bad decision. Firing the guy that led them to their first title in years...phhhh. Schuster is good but he has to build up the squad again. That can't be good for their success IMO.
kurtsimonw
Schuster is better than good. But you don't fire guys that win you titles. I'd prefer to see Capello resign than be fired. I'm not the biggest fan of Madrid, I only like them winning things because it means Barca obviously haven't, but they're pretty classless. Capello deserves much better.
Portman
Madrid needs a ofensive coach. With likes of Robinho, Nistelrooy, Higuaín, Raúl, Guti, Reyes, possibly more ofensive players, they shouldn't play so defensively like Capello like.

I know Capello is strict and it's important for them but again... they need a ofensive coach.

I think Schuster-thing is more than a done deal.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 19 2007, 02:24 PM)
Madrid needs a ofensive coach. With likes of Robinho, Nistelrooy, Higuaín, Raúl, Guti, Reyes, possibly more ofensive players, they shouldn't play so defensively like Capello like.

I know Capello is strict and it's important for them but again... they need a ofensive coach.

I think Schuster-thing is more than a done deal.

Yeah .. Sadly though Don Fabio wont stay on, cuz Calderon is a stupid m2ther f0cker !!!

I mean, Capello is one of (if not..) the best coaches that have ever commanded a team. His triumph (post Saachi) with Milan, was one of the best moments in Milan's history. Everywhere he went, he brought success. Roma too king.gif

Schuster (If I am to take LaPalma's idea..) will need to build a team, unlike Don Fabio, he will need at least 2 years till Madrid see another title. Cuz buying players isn't everything, the Galacticos era proved that wink.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 19 2007, 02:05 PM)
Yeah .. Sadly though Don Fabio wont stay on, cuz Calderon is a stupid m2ther f0cker !!!

I mean, Capello is one of (if not..) the best coaches that have ever commanded a team. His triumph (post Saachi) with Milan, was one of the best moments in Milan's history. Everywhere he went, he brought success. Roma too king.gif

Schuster (If I am to take LaPalma's idea..) will need to build a team, unlike Don Fabio, he will need at least 2 years till Madrid see another title. Cuz buying players isn't everything, the Galacticos era proved that wink.gif

Should Fabio Capello leave the newly crowned La Liga champions - as is expected now - and Schuster take over, then it is clear the new boss will look to bring in some of his own players in order to prepare for their title defence next season.

One name being mentioned is that of 33 year old Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Bernd Schneider. The Bayer captain had a good World Cup with Germany, and has just had another fantastic season in the Bundesliga.

According to Bayer Leverkusen Sports director Rudi Völler: “Schneider had a great second half to the season. For me he was the Player of the Year.”

He is a hard working right sided, who can provide a steady supply of quality crosses with both feet, and also double up as a full back if need be, and representative of the philosophy Schuster would want to impose on the club.

He lined up against Real Madrid in the 2002 Champions League final - won by that magical Zidane goal - and had admitted he will listen to an offer from Los Merengues.

“I have heard of Madrid’s interest and if they want me then I would have to listen,” he is quoted as saying in ‘Express'.

Bernd Schuster himself is on record as saying “Real Madrid are missing a player like him at the moment.”

If Schneider does indeed make the move to the Bernabeu, he would follow compatriot Christoph Metzelder, and also follow in the footsteps of greats such as Günther Netzer, Paul Breitner, Bernd Schuster, and Bodo Illgner.

Well...it seems that they're already working on their new team. Schneider IMO one of the most underestimated players on earth. Although he's 33 that guy is a freakin genius and my favourite german football player. It would be hard to see Schnixx leaving the Bundesliga.
LaPalma
Sorry...double post cause of sever problems...
Portman

HENRY SIGNED FOR BARCELONA - 24 MILLION EUROS.

It's everywhere.
www.marca.com ; www.as.com ; www.sport.es ; www.elmundodeportivo.es

It's done. cool.gif
Tennie
Wow.

Okay, so right now Barca have WAY too many world-class strikers to keep happy. Who're they getting rid of?
kurtsimonw
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Arsenal are seriously fvcked for next season! biggrin.gif
misha
It's not a high price for him.

If they'll keep the big 3 like Laporta announced a few days ago and reinforce the defence (Chivu is close) and midfield they will have a very good team.
kurtsimonw
I'm very disappointed.

"Who're Milan going to get, R10? Eto'o? Henry?"

None, Barca get them all and we get Suazo. rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 22 2007, 07:12 PM)
I'm very disappointed.

"Who're Milan going to get, R10? Eto'o? Henry?"

None, Barca get them all and we get Suazo.  rolleyes.gif

Still... 70 days to close the market. rolleyes.gif Just relax.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 22 2007, 06:17 PM)
Still... 70 days to close the market.  rolleyes.gif Just relax.

There are very few top class forwards now available. Unless one of R10 and Eto'o does actually leave. But I think they'll ship out Godjohnsson and Saviola instead.
Portman
Where's Locke_Lamora? wink.gif
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 22 2007, 09:50 PM)
Where's Locke_Lamora?  wink.gif

He needs time to digest it smile.gif
Tennie
I don't think all the big names will stay. Not even Rijkaard is fool enough to consider starting them all and I can't see any of 'em being happy with being benched.
agenth
I see Gudjohnsen definitely leaving.

WHY DIDNT ANYFUCKINGBODY TELL ME mad.gif
Locke Lamora
Don't kick a man who's already down...
But, I have to say it. Thank you for 220+ goals, Thierry, thank you for 2 championships, three FA-cups and our first CL-final. Thank you.
I wish you luck at Barcelona, and I hope youl'l finally win the CL there.

Thank you.
arivanjj
surely R10 or Eto' must leave... it just doesn't work!
KillerMax
Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Messi will all be playing for Barca next season. Even if Henry deal goes through.
Portman
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 23 2007, 08:36 AM)
Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Messi will all be playing for Barca next season. Even if Henry deal goes through.

I thought Henry was coming to Milan. wink.gif

Anyway...

Reports in Spain says Liverpool will probably sign Torres next week for 36M/euros or less but with a player (Garcia or Cisse) in the deal.
misha
Henry: Why I Left Arsenal For Barcelona

Thierry Henry has revealed that he quit Arsenal to join Barcelona because he could not face life at the Emirates Stadium without David Dein and Arsene Wenger.

Former vice-chairman Dein has already left the club and Wenger has yet to start negotiations over extending his contract which expires next summer.

A £16 million fee for Henry has been agreed with Barcelona, and the Frenchman will have a medical with the club on Monday.

In an open letter to fans published in The Sun, he said: "Arsene has been part of my life for as long as I can remember.

"Unfortunately and understandably he has said that at this moment he will not commit to the club past the expiration of his current deal which finishes at the end of the coming season.

"I respect his decision and his honesty but I will be 31 at the end of next season and I cannot take the chance to be there without Arsene Wenger and David Dein.

"This is solely my decision, no-one has forced me to do anything and I will represent myself in this transaction. I feel it is something I just had to do."

Henry, who has agreed a four-year deal, added: "Barcelona are a wonderful club steeped in tradition and play beautiful football. I'm sure I will be very happy there.

"But I will miss the Arsenal fans dearly, they have supported me through thick and thin.

"They will always be in my heart, as will all the fans who make the game here so special. I will always have a special bond with Arsenal Football Club.
whoarethepatriots
I get the feeling this isnt the only player the catalans are gonna sign
Portman
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jun 23 2007, 02:57 PM)
I get the feeling this isnt the only player the catalans are gonna sign

Yaya Toure and Chivu are almost done deals for them.
Tennie
Oh, almost certainly not. Barca management types were in Rome yesterday meeting with the Sensi family to discuss Chivu's transfer. Especially with the injury to Puyol, they REALLY need defenders. They're apparently offering rather a lot for Chivu too. (12 m euros + a player)
whoarethepatriots
Barca will have quite a lethal attacking force consisting of Messi, Henry and Eto'o, but if Berlusconi has anything to say, so do we, or more we will do
kurtsimonw
I know it's more of an 06/07 thing but..

Sevilla beat Getafe earlier today 1-0 in the Copa Del Rey.

Kanoute scored the only goal of the game after 11 minutes, getting sent off for retaliating to a foul in the dying minutes.

European Super Cup
UEFA Cup
Copa Del Rey

Quite a year for my Sevilla. cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 24 2007, 03:40 AM)
Quite a year for my Sevilla.  cool.gif

Milan will give them a beating in the Super cup devilsmiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.