Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ambrosini
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
kurtsimonw
I can't believe I couldn't find a thread for him.
This guy works his @ss off for us and play and important part in every game he plays.

I thought he was superb against Bayern today, I'd give him MotM, work hard, won plenty of challenges and didn't make a mistake, top job.
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2007, 05:45 AM)
I thought he was superb against Bayern today, I'd give him MotM, work hard, won plenty of challenges and didn't make a mistake, top job.

He played good, but he could have clear the ball just before Van Buyten scored the second goal
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 4 2007, 03:02 AM)
He played good, but he could have clear the ball just before Van Buyten scored the second goal

Mishale's going to make me cry. sad.gif
dst
He's a good player. The "blond angel" biggrin.gif king.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2007, 01:58 PM)
He's a good player. The "blond angel"  biggrin.gif  king.gif

He was sh1t yesterday. 2nd goal was his mistake - what a fckin' poor defending on the play.
Of course little Kaladze was on the play too.

Sell them and buy real men.
Warchant
QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 4 2007, 08:39 AM)
He was sh1t yesterday. 2nd goal was his mistake - what a fckin' poor defending on the play.

couldn't have said it better
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 4 2007, 03:39 PM)

IMO he's a very good sub!
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2007, 07:37 PM)
IMO he's a very good sub!

I agree. A very good sub for a team like Siena. rolleyes.gif
misha
He isn't that bad.

He was very unlucky with all the injuries he had through his career but it's good to have him as a cover
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 5 2007, 12:15 AM)
He isn't that bad.

He was very unlucky with all the injuries he had through his career but it's good to have him as a cover

True .. And had he scored last night, I'm sure no one would have even attempted to condemn or deem him unworthy. He has given a lot to Milan and he deserves his place in this team.

He is a real tifosi and plays with heart for the team. Maybe he isn't at full fitness, maybe it was Carlo's tactics .. He did his job and one mistake shouldn't overshadow his whole career or even a match !
kurtsimonw
Ambro scores some valuable goals. We wouldn't have made the CL final the other year if it wasn't for him. Or get into the CL for next year - CRUCIAL goal vs Atalanta.

P.S. Nesta was marking Van Buyten for set-plays. So it was Nesta's poor marking. wink.gif
Captain Ambro
QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 4 2007, 02:39 PM)

Real men? That's just cold blooded ignorance!

He was probably the best player on the pitch, and it was definitely not his fault that Bayern scored their last goal.
And if you want to call Ambro a bad player, even if that in its sense is terribly wrong, that's fine with me. But no one works like him for the team and no one has ever showed so much love to his club like Ambro. If anything, he's a real man. Perhaps you should take a look at yourself in the mirror...
nuh
QUOTE (Captain Ambro @ Apr 8 2007, 02:53 PM)
Real men? That's just cold blooded ignorance!

He was probably the best player on the pitch, and it was definitely not his fault that Bayern scored their last goal.
And if you want to call Ambro a bad player, even if that in its sense is terribly wrong, that's fine with me. But no one works like him for the team and no one has ever showed so much love to his club like Ambro. If anything, he's a real man. Perhaps you should take a look at yourself in the mirror...

yup ur totaly right i have hade it with people saying ambro is a bad player him and kala but come on they are gr8 okay some times they mightnot have good games but they both try fight sweat and tear for this team i know i would never want them to leave king.gif
dst
QUOTE (nuh @ Apr 8 2007, 06:53 PM)
yup ur totaly right i have hade it with people saying ambro is a bad player him and kala but come on they are gr8 okay some times they mightnot have good games but they both try fight sweat and tear for this team i know i would never want them to leave  king.gif

Ambro is a great player to come off the bench for Milan.

Kaladze would make a great punching bag!
Jack Sparrow
Milan is one of the few teams Max would have to sit on the bench for. I know for a fact that Arsenal would be much better off having Max on their line-up playing alongside Cesc. Arsenal definitely need a few Italians with balls in their squad.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 8 2007, 07:38 PM)
Milan is one of the few teams Max would have to sit on the bench for. I know for a fact that Arsenal would be much better off having Max on their line-up playing alongside Cesc. Arsenal definitely need a few Italians with balls in their squad.

Portugal thinks Ambrosini is not good enough for Milan but at the same time he wants R20 to join us so that Massimo can't stay forever! biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
Hmmpf....and who'd he recommend we bring in besides? Flamini?..no I guess knowing him it would be Petit. And he'd tell us how Petit owned the great Zidane in the WC.
Tennie
AMBROSINI: COMUNICATO A.C.MILAN
11/05/2007
MILANO - Il Milan comunica di aver prolungato il contratto che lega il calciatore Massimo Ambrosini alla società rossonera, fino al 30 giugno 2010.

[Milan announces that it has renewed Massimo Ambrosini's contract to June 30, 2010.]
misha
Ambrosini ready for action

Milan midfielder Massimo Ambrosini is looking forward to the Champions League Final with Liverpool after missing out in 2005.

The Rossoneri will face the Reds in Athens on May 23 in a repeat of the incredible match two year’s ago, when the Premiership side overturned a 3-0 half-time deficit to win on penalties.

Ambrosini was ruled out of that tie after he picked up a thigh injury in a Serie A match and can’t wait to grab his second chance with both hands.

“Life is strange because it doesn’t always give you a second opportunity,” the Rossonero told uefa.com.

“I am delighted about this and we must all be ready to face Liverpool, who took the Cup away from us two years ago,”
added the 29-year-old, who recently extended his deal with the San Siro outfit until 2010.

“Football is incredible sometimes and it showed just how true that is in that match.

“Even if we had had 10 defenders on the pitch during those 10 minutes of madness it wouldn't have made any difference.”

Ambrosini believes Liverpool are even stronger than the last time they met and mainly fears Steven Gerrard, although he looks forward to his duel with the English international.

“In my opinion he is unquestionably the best right now,” explained the midfielder, who has seemed rejuvenated for Milan this season.

“It is great for me to be able to play against him and to do so in the Final of a Champions League makes it even more exciting,” concluded the Rossonero.

Milan, who have been crowned European champions on six occasions, won their last Champions League Final in 2003, when they defeated Juventus 3-2 on penalties at Old Trafford.
Tennie
Happy birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBRO!
5/29/2007
MILAN – Happy Birthday Massimo Ambrosini! Today marks the Rossoneri champion’s 30th birthday. After the injuries of recent years, he has thrown himself right back into the mix to prove once again that he is as good as they come. Today, Massimo can be quite happy as he celebrates his birthday with Milan from the Azzurri Italian national side. Best wishes to Ambrosini on this special day from the entire Rossoneri family!
amancik
My goodness, Happy Birthday Ambrosini!
Forza Champion!
KillerMax
wub.gif

Happy Birthday Massimo!
misha
Happy Birthday Ambro!!! king.gif

Hope never to see you injured again.
kurtsimonw
Happy birthday Ambro!
whoarethepatriots
This thread gets no love
Happy Ambro demands focus

Milan are finally in the box seat for Champions League qualification, but Massimo Ambrosini is forbidding premature celebrations.

A Rossoneri side captained by Ambrosini triumphed in last weekend’s Milan derby and their jubilation was intensified by the news that Fiorentina have slipped up against Cagliari, leaving Milan one point ahead of the Viola in fourth.

However, failure to win at Napoli’s Stadio San Paolo could send the Diavolo back to square one and Ambrosini isn’t willing to take that risk.

“The spirit at Milanello has changed compared to last week,” he revealed.

“We are finally masters of our own destiny again, but we can’t let that distract us.

“The difficult thing now is to make sure that we don’t feel to satisfied and that we keep our concentration up.

“This Sunday’s game against Napoli is crucial for us. In Naples there will be a cauldron-like atmosphere because it is their last home game.”

Although he is keen to look to the future, Ambrosini can’t entirely archive his delight at beating the Nerazzurri.

“There is still a great feeling of joy,” he beamed. “It was so important not to lose the derby for a whole list of reasons.

“We managed to do even more win deservedly. The nervous ending was better because it made us appreciate the result even more.

“Now we need to ensure that the derby is a point of departure, rather than arrival.

However, there are still question marks over Milan and they continue to struggle to keep their intensity for a full 90 minutes.

“We have to learn how to react to this problem late in the game,” Ambro insisted.

“It’s not a physical issue. I think that it is exclusively a mental thing that makes us ease off a bit late in the game, especially when we are ahead.”

On another note i am happy that he hasnt had any serious injuries this season smile.gif
Tennie
I'd have to look for an accompanying picture (which I can do when I get home), but Max has a new girlfriend. smile.gif I believe she's a university student.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 6 2008, 11:19 AM)
I'd have to look for an accompanying picture (which I can do when I get home), but Max has a new girlfriend. smile.gif I believe she's a university student.

i hope she isn't 18.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 8 2007, 06:51 PM)
Hmmpf....and who'd he recommend we bring in besides? Flamini

Yes tongue.gif
Tennie

Here's Ambro with his girlfriend, who is a university student in Milan.
Jack Sparrow
ohmy.gif
I'm definitely going to do my post grad in Milan.

F2ck you Harvard, Wharton, MIT, INSEAD, IMD. Hallloooo Milan!!
morgoth
I wonder what was Ambro doing around the university instead of working on his tackles? dry.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
morgoth
Anche nel ritiro della Nazionale che si sta preparando agli Europei tiene banco il caso Mancini e Massimo Ambrosini, rossonero doc da ormai dodici stagioni esprime il suo parere sottolineando che in una società come il Milan difficilmente sarebbe capitato di mandare via un allenatore dopo che ha vinto lo scudetto: " Trovo strana ed anche abbastanza sorprendente la decisione dell'Inter di mandare via Mancini, un allenatore che ha vinto molto bene gli ultimi due scudetti. Ma il calcio è particolare ed è fatto di stranezze, al Milan però vengono fatte scelte diverse".

Proprio per questo Massimo è favorevole all' idea di avere confermato Carlo Ancelotti sulla panchina milanista: " Mi pare che la decisione del mio club sia la più giusta, d'altra parte è difficile pensare ad un Milan senza Ancelotti, da noi c'è un clima particolare"

Forza Ambro cool.gif king.gif
Tennie
BUON COMPLEANNO MASSIMO!
29/05/2008
MILANO - Compleanno in casa rossonera: tantissimi affettuosi auguri al centrocampista del Milan e della nazionale azzurra Massimo Ambrosini che, nato il 29 maggio 1977, spegne oggi 31 candeline. Da tutti i cuori rossoneri, buon compleanno Massimo!

Happy Birthday, Massimo! 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif
whoarethepatriots
Happy Birthday Captain Ambro

king.gif
Ry4n
Happy Birthday Massimo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zed.D
"Galliani: in my opinion Ambrosini could be a great central defender..."

nuh
i think he would make a gd central defender
acid911
QUOTE (nuh @ Aug 2 2008, 10:13 PM) *
i think he would make a gd central defender

Me thinks too. wink.gif Anything to make him useful, as Porty would say.
Jack Sparrow
He'd require a lot of work to be a good CB. It's possible, just not reliable.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 4 2008, 10:43 AM) *
He'd require a lot of work to be a good CB. It's possible, just not reliable.

Yeah, I think we can use him in this new role, only if time is not precious for us.
Jack Sparrow
I'd take Ambro as CB, only if we were spending to buy a new goal poacher. Paloschi looks like his beginner's luck has run out.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 4 2008, 11:04 AM) *
I'd take Ambro as CB, only if we were spending to buy a new goal poacher. Paloschi looks like his beginner's luck has run out.

Maybe the boy can't handle the pressure of being a regular starter?... that's exactly what he's become these days, even if these are only friendlies...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 4 2008, 10:34 AM) *

Ambro as a CB ? hmm now that would be interesting .. I mean he is tall and strong, plus he is very brave in that u see him lunging into challenges; I would love to see him get a chance. Who knows, he might be good at it.

And Paloschi ... I don't think he is gonna create fireworks. He should just take his time and work hard .. By the time the season starts, Carlo will have something worked out for the minor problems upfront.
Jako19
I can see Ambro as a CB. Galliani said were done in the transfer market, so might as well give him a try in preseason. Hes ballzy strong, and good in the air, he could be unreliable tho
GrinReaper
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 4 2008, 08:09 PM) *
Ambro as a CB ? hmm now that would be interesting .. I mean he is tall and strong, plus he is very brave in that u see him lunging into challenges; I would love to see him get a chance. Who knows, he might be good at it.

A much better option than making him play as a striker dry.gif

And that way all the available defensive mids we have with the exception of Brocchi and Emerson can get a place in the starting line-up. So we won't have to bench one of Gattuso or Flamini or Ambrosini. cool.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (GrinReaper @ Aug 4 2008, 07:00 PM) *
A much better option than making him play as a striker dry.gif

biggrin.gif Couldn't agree more. I'd rather he plays in defense than in attack. he can't be worse than Kaladze, can he?

And that way all the available defensive mids we have with the exception of Brocchi and Emerson can get a place in the starting line-up. So we won't have to bench one of Gattuso or Flamini or Ambrosini. cool.gif

Interesting point.
Tennie

So, Ambro has been busy. 96.gif

Mediaset reports that he and his girlfriend Paola (who is a university student in Milan) are expecting a child in June. babysmiley1f.gif babysmiley1f.gif babysmiley1f.gif
Zed.D
Ooh la la!

She looks beautiful!
Tennie
The gossip papers don't quite know what to think of this, from what I can gather. Ambro had had a long-term relationship with a previous girlfriend (lasting 5-6 years). They broke up and then six months later, he started going out with this university student. Footballers don't normally date university students in Milan, where there are lots and lots of models.

I hope the two are happy and that the baby is also happy and healthy.
Darunia
Hah Ambro is wearing a UNC sweatshirt. She's cute btw tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.