Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are We In Danger Of Becoming Too Brazilian?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
whoarethepatriots
Well what do you guys think.

If we do manage to get the guys that we have been linked with (Most recently Ze Roberto) Do you think that the dressing room could suffer.

Could there be a clear divide between the Brazilians and everyone else, do we want to become an Inter and have only South Americans

I may be blowing things out of proportion, or maybe the best youth really is in South America but we dont want to loose our identity and i think that too many of one thing is never a good idea
Portman
But that's the idea.

Milan = Italians + Brazillians. Galliani and Berlusconi always stated that they want the brazillian harmony in our locker room.
mishie
As any fan of an italian, english,french etc etc club i'm sure they would prefer home players. But as in any other job in this day and age foreigners are part and parcel of work. I would rather see italians in the team but these are top-class players. If they were second rate players i would be concerned but kaka,ronaldo and dino are world-class players and any team would be proud to have them. So as things stand i'm not to concerned and trust Silvio to make the right decisions biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
I can't say it's a good thing if we had loads of Brazilians. Just look at Arsenal last year, they made the CL Final as an English team and had 2 English players in their squad of 18, I think that's gisgraceful.

We should always make sure we have plenty of Italian guys, but I can't say I mind having plenty of players from Brazil. As long as they are good players as mishie said. R9, Kaka', Cafu and even Serginho are all top players. They're all welcome to wear the Red and Black!
misha
Almost every big club has too many foreign players. It's the way football is right now. But we always had a good Italian base.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 25 2007, 07:45 PM)
Almost every big club has too many foreign players.  It's the way football is right now. But we always had a good Italian base.

I understand that but if there is too many of a certain contingent it can divide the dressing room and cause tensions
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 26 2007, 12:12 AM)
I understand that but if there is too many of a certain contingent it can divide the dressing room and cause tensions

That makes sense, but in a weired way, Milan never suffer from a lack of unity in the dressing room. I guess ut has something to do with respect between the Milan hierarchy and the staff and players.
kurtsimonw
It hasn't affected Italian football so much. The WHOLE World Cup winning squad played their trade in Italy, so obviously the best players still play here.
Bluesummers
Defence= italian
Attack= brazilian

I really don't want us to become like inter. i mean having Brazilians is good an all, but i would still like to see Italians being brought up and raised. Brazilians are very good players but a whole squad really defeats the purpose of an "Italian" club.
arivanjj
you can never have too many Brazilians devilsmiley.gif
han2503
Well if things continue the way they are then Milan will have a lot of Brazilians, too many in fact, right now we are hugely linked to 3 Brazilians, Juan, R10, Ze Roberto. But we also must remeber that we will most likely lose 2 of our current ones, with Cafu having already 1 foot out the door and Sergio if not this summer then the next will leave.

I think right now we have a good balance between the Brazilians and Italians but we mustn't over do it too much, we don't want to become like Inter
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 26 2007, 02:37 AM)
Well if things continue the way they are then Milan will have a lot of Brazilians, too many in fact, right now we are hugely linked to 3 Brazilians, Juan, R10, Ze Roberto. But we also must remeber that we will most likely lose 2 of our current ones, with Cafu having already 1 foot out the door and Sergio if not this summer then the next will leave.

I think right now we have a good balance between the Brazilians and Italians but we mustn't over do it too much, we don't want to become like Inter

i agree with ya. I dont see a point to ze roberto here, but juan would be pretty good even though i would prefer italian defence. R10 i'm not gonna comment on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.