Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Champions League Draw
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2
weeeow
AC Milan v Bayern Munich
PSV Eindhoven v Liverpool
Roma v Manchester United
Chelsea v Valencia

FORZA KAKA!!!! devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
FORZA PIPPO!!!!!! devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
FORZA MILAN!!!! devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif
m1ke
That'll do! Shame we play the first leg at home though unsure.gif At least we're at home for the 2nd leg if we make it to the semi's!

Milan - Chelsea final? devil.gif
nnloso
QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 9 2007, 07:28 PM)
That'll do! Shame we play the first leg at home though unsure.gif At least we're at home for the 2nd leg if we make it to the semi's!

That would be nice. biggrin.gif
agenth
NOOOOO And if we win against Bayern, it's either ManUnited or Roma *hides*
*cries*
nnloso
QUOTE (mchanna @ Mar 9 2007, 07:33 PM)
NOOOOO And if we win against Bayern, it's either ManUnited or Roma *hides*
*cries*

Why are you crying ? huh.gif
arivanjj
two years in a row... looks like Bayren are making new enemies in Europe rolleyes.gif king.gif

Milan vs. Manchester happy.gif
nnloso
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 9 2007, 07:43 PM)
two years in a row... looks like Bayren are making new enemies in Europe rolleyes.gif king.gif

Milan vs Roma wink.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 9 2007, 10:28 PM)

i think if we go through we'll still play first leg at home!

how about Milan vs. Liverpool? devilsmiley.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 9 2007, 12:43 PM)

Finally after one year a Milan match on german TV... devil.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (nnloso @ Mar 9 2007, 10:44 PM)
Milan vs Roma  wink.gif

it'll be too painful!
nnloso
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 9 2007, 07:46 PM)
it'll be too painful!

Why ? Roma won us in the league. I like them to go as far as the semis, then we kick them out! devilsmiley.gif
Tennie
I like the idea of a possible Milan-Liverpool final. Payback for Istanbul. devilsmiley.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 9 2007, 10:50 PM)
I like the idea of a possible Milan-Liverpool final. Payback for Istanbul.  devilsmiley.gif

smile.gif

here's the Final's ball
nnloso
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 9 2007, 07:50 PM)
I like the idea of a possible Milan-Liverpool final. Payback for Istanbul.  devilsmiley.gif

PSV is a good team. It will not be an easy match for Liverpool. Don't be surprised if you see PSV in the semi wink.gif
Tennie
QUOTE (nnloso @ Mar 9 2007, 07:53 AM)
PSV is a good team. It will not be an easy match for Liverpool. Don't be surprised if you see PSV in the semi wink.gif

That they are. They're very dangeorus. Honestly - and with no offense to the English members of the board - I wouldn't mind too terribly much seeing all three of the English teams go out. I think I'm just overconditioned to the 'Barclay's Premiere League, the best league on earth' commercials on the Fox Soccer Channel.

Even so....the draw really is wide open. Any one of the eight teams could win it.
Locke Lamora
I hope Maldini will keep an eye on Makaay...
My further predictions:

Milan-Bayern---------Milan
Man U-Roma---------Man U
Chelsea-Valencia----Chelsea
Liverpool-PSV--------Liverpool.

Milan-Man U----------Man U
Chelsea-Liverpool---Chelsea

Final
Chelsea-Man U------Chelsea.
han2503
I had a feeling it would be Bayern

Just like the last round I think we got the easier out of the the other teams. BUT I'm more worried about ourselves and the fact that we can't score. It depends on ourselves and how hard we make it on us. We've proved how to beat Bayern time and time again I just hope that last season's drubbing was going too far.

We'll see, I hope Pippo has it in him for one last hurra against Bayern devil.gif

I think that if we do make this hurdle and PSV manage to knock out Liverpool I think the door will be wide open for us.
han2503
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 9 2007, 12:05 PM)
Milan-Man U----------Man U
Chelsea-Liverpool---Chelsea

We've proved that we can beat them over 2 legs, and if we do make it past Bayern I wouldn't put it past us to KO them.

But Man U are cr@p in the CL, I think Roma will knock them out

btw the Semi final draws look eerily familiar (04/05)
nnloso
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 9 2007, 08:01 PM)
That they are. They're very dangeorus. Honestly - and with no offense to the English members of the board - I wouldn't mind too terribly much seeing all three of the English teams go out. I think I'm just overconditioned to the 'Barclay's Premiere League, the best league on earth' commercials on the Fox Soccer Channel.

Even so....the draw really is wide open. Any one of the eight teams could win it.

Yes they are. Because PSV is not the hot favorites to win the CL, it can be very dangerous. Teams will under estimate them and that's when PSV will win. PSV gave us trouble when we played them. If I'm a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't be happy about this draw.
Milan Are Brilliant
Like the draw, think we will be fairly comfortable going pass Bayern...
han2503
Important thing is to keep a clean sheet at home. Very annoying that we have the first leg in the San Siro mad.gif

If we win by 1 or 2 goals and keep a clean sheet then we will make it unless a Depor or a PSV 'incident' happens rolleyes.gif

btw, IF we go through do we play the first leg of the semi home or away?
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 9 2007, 02:31 PM)
btw, IF we go through do we play the first leg of the semi home or away?

away
Rossoneri7
Bring on Bayern devil.gif devil.gif

So if we meet Liverfool it will be a final again devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
nnloso
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 10 2007, 12:46 AM)
Bring on Bayern  devil.gif  devil.gif

So if we meet Liverfool it will be a final again devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif

Maybe Milan - Valencia final devil.gif
Jack Sparrow
I would love a Milan-Valencia final. Valencia has been my fav team in Spain after Sevilla. They're probably the two teams who I think deserve to be in the final. Remember both of us had similar problems in the beginning of the season.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 9 2007, 12:11 PM)
We've proved that we can beat them over 2 legs, and if we do make it past Bayern I wouldn't put it past us to KO them.

But Man U are cr@p in the CL, I think Roma will knock them out

Well Man U got 12 points in the table, Milan got 10, I wouldn't call them crap!
arivanjj
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Mar 10 2007, 08:10 AM)

if we make it to the Semi's... it'll mostly be about mind games and who can keep it together.

btw Van Bommel is set to miss the first leg
Portman
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 9 2007, 09:24 PM)
btw Van Bommel is set to miss the first leg

THAT PIG. smile.gif

PS: World Cup memories...
han2503
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Mar 9 2007, 09:10 PM)

We never really got out of first gear in our group though. Winning the group with a game in hand says it all.

Man U never convinced in any of their game and I think they had the second easiest group after ours, not to mention that they had to win their last game in order to qualify unlike us who never really took our last game seriously.

They where lucky against Lille a lot of the time and also in many of their group games.

Man U aren't what they are in the EPL in Europe, their 2 best players don't even perform in Europe
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 10 2007, 12:56 AM)
We never really got out of first gear in our group though. Winning the group with a game in hand says it all.

Man U never convinced in any of their game and I think they had the second easiest group after ours, not to mention that they had to win their last game in order to qualify unlike us who never really took our last game seriously.

They where lucky against Lille a lot of the time and also in many of their group games.

Man U aren't what they are in the EPL in Europe, their 2 best players don't even perform in Europe

Totally agree king.gif

p.s. even in the league, they'll lose to Chelsea in the end
arivanjj
is nesta gonna be back for the first leg??
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 10 2007, 12:03 AM)
Totally agree king.gif

p.s. even in the league, they'll lose to Chelsea in the end

Would you stop it with that!!! mad.gif mad.gif

tongue.gif tongue.gif
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 10 2007, 01:23 AM)
is nesta gonna be back for the first leg??

Yep, he said that he would even be ready to play in the derby, but I don't think Carlo would risk him this early. And even Sergio will be back, so hopefully if we keep our fingers crossed these guys will return to 100% by then and we won't lose anyone else
arivanjj
Nesta and Sergio back? Bayern has no chance!
nuh
loool but i think it will be milan vs chelski in the final i hope sheva gets his and regrets leaving us !!!
weeeow
Ministry of Defence!!!! devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
Rossoneri7
Ministry of sound happy.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 9 2007, 09:56 PM)

"We never got out of first gear in our group", surely Man U fans could argue that as well tongue.gif

I'm not saying they have been brilliant, but I do believe you are being terribly naive when you say how badly United have done, when in all honesty we have been just as lucky...
han2503
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Mar 11 2007, 09:10 PM)
"We never got out of first gear in our group", surely Man U fans could argue that as well  tongue.gif

I'm not saying they have been brilliant, but I do believe you are being terribly naive when you say how badly United have done, when in all honesty we have been just as lucky...

Never said that we were brilliant wink.gif

But United's recent record in Europe should speak for itself. They have been awful and got through on luck, and at least we managed to win our easiest games rolleyes.gif

Plus their 2 best performers don't show up when it comes to the CL so I can't see why they will be such a threat. In fact I would put some money on Roma going through.

Domestic form doesn't count for anything when it comes to Europe
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 12 2007, 10:29 PM)
Never said that we were brilliant  wink.gif

I never said you did biggrin.gif

Well, at the moment I'm more bothered about Milan's tie against Bayern, if Roma go through they go through and Man United likewise, if we want to win this competition we have to beat anyone who comes in our way devilsmiley.gif
dst
I think Roma will go through to the next round rather than United. And in fact I hope so cause we never lose an Italian battle in Europe!

But there is Bayern first. I think we can take them. With Nesta our defence is going to be really solid and if Serginho come back we'll have an extra choice for both the LB position and the LMF one. Even then I think both teams will still suffer defensively at that time so it'll be up to who will score more - and this is certainly not favoring us! sad.gif

Anyway, if we reach the final (doubtful), I'll make sure we'll get the Big Ear. I'll scream for Milan so loud that the opponents will have no chance!! devil.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 12 2007, 05:06 PM)
I think Roma will go through to the next round rather than United. And in fact I hope so cause we never lose an Italian battle in Europe!

But there is Bayern first. I think we can take them. With Nesta our defence is going to be really solid and if Serginho come back we'll have an extra choice for both the LB position and the LMF one. Even then I think both teams will still suffer defensively at that time so it'll be up to who will score more - and this is certainly not favoring us!  sad.gif

Anyway, if we reach the final (doubtful), I'll make sure we'll get the Big Ear. I'll scream for Milan so loud that the opponents will have no chance!!  devil.gif

All passengers aboard! This is the reality express, leaving for the 'real world' soon!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 12 2007, 05:06 PM)

But there is Bayern first. I think we can take them. With Nesta our defence is going to be really solid and if Serginho come back we'll have an extra choice for both the LB position and the LMF one. Even then I think both teams will still suffer defensively at that time so it'll be up to who will score more - and this is certainly not favoring us!  sad.gif

Anyway, if we reach the final (doubtful), I'll make sure we'll get the Big Ear. I'll scream for Milan so loud that the opponents will have no chance!!  devil.gif

All passengers aboard! This is the reality express, leaving for the 'real world' soon!
Rossoneri7
With Nesta back; our central defenders will be Nesta and Maldini ..

With Sergio back .. He will add more pace and attacking potential to our game. I would really love to see him paired with Kaka and Pippo.

Our formation for Bayern:

-----------------Dida

Oddo(Bonera)-----Nesta-----Maldini----Kaladze(Janku)

---Gattuso(Cafu)-----Pirlo----Seedorf(Ambro)----Serginho(Janku)

-------------------Kaka

---------------Pippo

This gives us a more solid defence with several options, our Middfield is already very solid; with each game that passes, our midfield is kicking in more and more i.e. Pirlo is starting to bring back some of his WC winning form. And we have no options but Kaka and Inzaghi is attack, and Sergio could bring the game more to life with his direct crosses that Pippo is longing for and a killer counter attack assit wink.gif

The CL is a reality !! We are still favourites for it and with a formation as that is above, Milan have a very good chance at it .. Not forgetting that it isnt as strict as it looks, our CL glory in 2003 came from a very similar formation, ofcourse with Simic as rb rolleyes.gif ...

Man Utd, Roma, and Bayern shouldnt consider Milan in a weak state, as it seems now. And all of Chelsea, Liverpool, Valencia, and PSV should keep in mind that Milan isn't as weak as it seems.

I even shocked myself when I thought of this formation .. It is a very fluid one in terms of the options that all of Serginho, Seedorf, Pirlo, and Janku could provide. Given a solid defence, Milan can conquer this tournament .. Hell even this formation would be devistating, considering who our players are:

-------------------Dida

-----Bonera-----Nesta-----Maldini

--Oddo--------------------------Serginho
---------Gattuso------Pirlo

------Kaka--------------Seedorf
--------------SUPER PIPPO INZAGHI

Now where's all that fuss that u all (me included tongue.gif ) have been talking about us not having a team capable !
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 12 2007, 06:53 PM)
With Nesta back; our central defenders will be Nesta and Maldini ..

With Sergio back .. He will add more pace and attacking potential to our game. I would really love to see him paired with Kaka and Pippo.

Our formation for Bayern:

-----------------Dida

Oddo(Bonera)-----Nesta-----Maldini----Kaladze(Janku)

---Gattuso(Cafu)-----Pirlo----Seedorf(Ambro)----Serginho(Janku)

-------------------Kaka

---------------Pippo

This gives us a more solid defence with several options, our Middfield is already very solid; with each game that passes, our midfield is kicking in more and more i.e. Pirlo is starting to bring back some of his WC winning form. And we have no options but Kaka and Inzaghi is attack, and Sergio could bring the game more to life with his direct crosses that Pippo is longing for and a killer counter attack assit wink.gif

The CL is a reality !! We are still favourites for it and with a formation as that is above, Milan have a very good chance at it .. Not forgetting that it isnt as strict as it looks, our CL glory in 2003 came from a very similar formation, ofcourse with Simic as rb rolleyes.gif ...

Man Utd, Roma, and Bayern shouldnt consider Milan in a weak state, as it seems now. And all of Chelsea, Liverpool, Valencia, and PSV should keep in mind that Milan isn't as weak as it seems.

I even shocked myself when I thought of this formation .. It is a very fluid one in terms of the options that all of Serginho, Seedorf, Pirlo, and Janku could provide. Given a solid defence, Milan can conquer this tournament .. Hell even this formation would be devistating, considering who our players are:

-------------------Dida

-----Bonera-----Nesta-----Maldini

--Oddo--------------------------Serginho
---------Gattuso------Pirlo

------Kaka--------------Seedorf
--------------SUPER PIPPO INZAGHI
Now where's all that fuss that u all (me included tongue.gif ) have been talking about us not having a team capable !

bonera is terrible at RB. i think nesta and bonera should start with paolo as a sub or the other way round. Till nesta is back up tospeed. I think bonera has proved himself worthwhile and he should start in majority of the games. Serginho will add pace which will benefit is us greatly, and super pippo will flop or be amazing it all depends on how he feels. IF the arrow is pointing up and red we have a chance to win, but if its pointing down blue or grey then forget about it tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 13 2007, 03:56 AM)
bonera is terrible at RB.  i think nesta and bonera should start with paolo as a sub or the other way round.  Till nesta is back up tospeed.  I think bonera has proved himself worthwhile and he should start in majority of the games.  Serginho will add pace which will benefit is us greatly, and super pippo will flop or be amazing it all depends on how he feels.  IF the arrow is pointing up and red we have a chance to win, but if its pointing down blue or grey then forget about it tongue.gif

Ahh so u get ur Milan info from PS2 games .. That's good to know biggrin.gif

p.s. Pippo with Sergio have very strong chemistry .. WIth a few games under Sergio's belt .. Pippo will be firing home in no time wink.gif

p.s.s .. Bonera wont be a rb there, he would be a central defender on the right wink.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 12 2007, 07:03 PM)
Ahh so u get ur Milan info from PS2 games .. That's good to know biggrin.gif

p.s. Pippo with Sergio have very strong chemistry .. WIth a few games under Sergio's belt .. Pippo will be firing home in no time wink.gif

p.s.s .. Bonera wont be a rb there, he would be a central defender on the right wink.gif

I was joking, no i get my info from gol tv. PS2 does help though tongue.gif. using 5 defence wouldn't be a bad idea with 2 WB.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 13 2007, 04:09 AM)
I was joking, no i get my info from gol tv.  PS2 does help though tongue.gif.  using 5 defence wouldn't be a bad idea with 2 WB.

U see .. We have more options wink.gif

And as long as Don Carlo is on the bench .. Milan will win !!! I guarentee it unsure.gif ... Not really tongue.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 12 2007, 07:14 PM)
U see .. We have more options wink.gif

And as long as Don Carlo is on the bench .. Milan will win !!! I guarentee it unsure.gif ... Not really tongue.gif

han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 12 2007, 11:06 PM)

Exactly!!!

@R7, I like your formation, I think the 4-4-1-1 doesn't really work because our fullbacks don't push up much and we have no form of wingers on the team, Oddo might whip in a great cross but I think his strength lies more in his defensive game.

Janku doesn't have that much effect in the fullbakc area because he lacks speed.

In my oppinion we should still go for the 4-3-1-2 formation but with a little alterations.

Oddo--Bonera--Nesta--Kaladze (I don't think Maldini will be ready to play)
-----Rino----Pirlo----Sergio-----
------------Seedorf--------------
--------Pippo---Kaka------------

This will be a really solid defence with our fullbacks not having to push up much, especially Kaladze, Sergio will be much more effective in the midfield, providing constant crosses to Pippo.

Seedorf has proved time and time again that he can play in the whole and there is no doubt that he will show up for the big occasion. Kaka will play as the supporting forward.

I think this one will work wonders. Janku despite being great in Serie A is not a defender for this level and should be avoided especially playing at LB
Rossoneri7
@han ... Well yeah, but I dont think the fullback thing is quite solid against Bayern and Man u or Roma ... Having 4 CBs and Sergio and Seedorf to support Kaka and Pippo ... Or 3 CB's with two wing backs ...

But that was just me last night .. I mean, we have yet to see how Carlo will field the team against Bayern. I'm sure he has something in mind, but that also depends on the fitness of the players ...

p.s. Roma is 2 or 3 days b4 the Bayern match sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.