Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ALL Champions League Talk In Here
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
Portman
All Champions League here!
Portman
CL 3rd Qualifier

Dinamo Zagreb - Arsenal
Austria - Benfica
Hamburg - Osasuna
Milan - Crvena Zvezda
Salzburg - Valencia
Lille - Rabotnicki
København - Ajax
CSKA Moskva - Ružomberok
Shakhtar - Legia
Liverpool - M. Haifa
Dynamo Kyiv - Fenerbahçe
Galatasaray - Mladá Boleslav
Levski - Chievo
Standard - Steaua
Liberec - Spartak Moskva
Hearts - AEK

Here's the matches. Now, it starts today with Arsenal and Benfica matches.

I hope the portuguese club pass to the group stage. Would make history - 3 portuguese clubs on CL.
misha
I hope Liverpool will crash though it's unlikely.
Dynamo Kyiv should past they are in a great shape
My prediction:
Arsenal
Benfica
Hamburg
Milan
Valencia
Lille
Ajax
CSKA Moskva
Shakhtar
M. Haifa
Dynamo Kyiv
Galatasaray
Chievo
Steaua
Liberec
Hearts
LaPalma
QUOTE (mishale @ Aug 8 2006, 07:38 PM)
I hope Liverpool will crash though it's unlikely.
Dynamo Kyiv should past they are in a great shape
My prediction:
Arsenal
Benfica
Hamburg
Milan
Valencia
Lille
Ajax
CSKA Moskva
Shakhtar
M. Haifa
Dynamo Kyiv
Galatasaray
Chievo
Steaua
Liberec
Hearts

I hope Hamburg will do it, they've shown a very good development during the last few years, especially last season. They've got some good young players like van der Vaart, de Jong, Atouba, Boulahrouz, Kompany or Sanogo.
The best thing for me would be if Milan again has a german team in its group, so I can watch our games on TV biggrin.gif
misha
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 8 2006, 09:45 PM)
The best thing for me would be if Milan again has a german team in its group, so I can watch our games on TV biggrin.gif

Or you can go and see it live smile.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (mishale @ Aug 8 2006, 07:50 PM)
Or you can go and see it live  smile.gif

Yap, last year I've tried to get tickets for our games against Schalke 04, but they were all sold out to paying Members of Schalke before I could get a hand on them.
My best chance would be Bremen...please...be in Milans group biggrin.gif
Portman
Benfica draw 1-1 away, and playing like sh!t... rolleyes.gif

Well, 1-1 away is always a good result in CL elimination match.

Arsenal is winning 2-0 away. 2 goals in 2 min... rolleyes.gif
misha
Dynamo Kyiv - Fenerbahçe 3:1 king.gif Good result.
Portman
Liverpool 2-1 Haifa

Salzburg 1-0 Valencia ...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Aug 10 2006, 12:10 AM)
Liverpool 2-1 Haifa

Salzburg 1-0 Valencia ...

Yeah .. I want Liverfool in this yrs CL .. ohh I so wish for them to be in our group devil.gif devil.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 10 2006, 12:20 AM)
Yeah .. I want Liverfool in this yrs CL .. ohh I so wish for them to be in our group  devil.gif  devil.gif

They can't be.

If we and Liverpool pass, both teams will be in pot 1. (check the official UEFA ranking: http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d...trank2007.html)
han2503
As of now (ie. first leg only) this is how things stand

Austria 1-1 Benfica

Dinamo Zagreb 0-3 Arsenal

Hamburg 0-0 Osasuna

Milan 1-0 Crvena Zvezda

Salzburg 1-0 Valencia

Lille 3-0 Rabotnicki

København 1-2 Ajax

CSKA Moskva 3-0 Ružomberok

Shakhtar 1-0 Legia

Liverpool 2-1 M. Haifa

Standard 2-2 Steaua

Liberec 0-0 Spartak Moskva

Hearts 1-2 AEK

Dynamo Kyiv 3-1 Fenerbahçe

Levski 2-0 Chievo

Galatasaray 5-2 Mladá Boleslav
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Aug 10 2006, 03:26 AM)
They can't be.

If we and Liverpool pass, both teams will be in pot 1. (check the official UEFA ranking: http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d...trank2007.html)

The page wont open up .. But anyways I get what u mean ..

If not group then maybe last 16 or something .. Istanbul is still fresh in my memory
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 10 2006, 01:11 AM)
The page wont open up .. But anyways I get what u mean ..

If not group then maybe last 16 or something .. Istanbul is still fresh in my memory

I think it's still fresh in everybodies mind, I still can't even watch highlights from that game.

I also hope that we will meet them again and hopefully we'll trash them arounda bit and then hit them with like 6 goals just to get a bit of revenge.

Although I seriously doubt we'll be ably to meet them they don't look so good right know, I mean they bearely got through today with a last gasp goal.

So let's see what happen's, but I really can't wait till we draw them and we will be able to take revenge, especially for that dive that Gerrard did to get the penalty, I still sometime replay that in my mind, if I see him I seriously would think about strangling him because I still feel that that cup was stolen from us, just like the one that Marseille won against us and then later gor stripped from them
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 10 2006, 04:34 AM)
I also hope that we will meet them again and hopefully we'll trash them arounda bit and then hit them with like 6 goals just to get a bit of revenge.

Although I seriously doubt we'll be ably to meet them they don't look so good right know, I mean they bearely got through today with a last gasp goal.

I was literally rooting for them to pass Haifa .. I wanted them last season and I want them this season too .. And I wont stop till we meet again.. But this time I want a home and away tie, so we can show our fans and their fans that AC Milan deserved that cup fair and square .. We out played them in ever way possible; and that Dudek .. Jumping around like a chimp whos lost his marbles .. that's who I want to strangle .. devil.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 10 2006, 01:11 AM)
The page wont open up ..

Try this: http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d.../trank2007.html
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 10 2006, 01:46 AM)
I was literally rooting for them to pass Haifa .. I wanted them last season and I want them this season too .. And I wont stop till we meet again.. But this time I want a home and away tie, so we can show our fans and their fans that AC Milan deserved that cup fair and square .. We out played them in ever way possible; and that Dudek .. Jumping around like a chimp whos lost his marbles .. that's who I want to strangle ..  devil.gif

LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif You have a point there, I always though that a keeper wasn't supposed to move during a penalty before the bal has been struck, I guess I was wrong.

And you're not alone on the wanting to meet them again part I would love it if that happened so we can smack them around a bit. And you're also right on the outplaying them bit, the numbers of sitters we missed and all the miracle saves the chip monk did would have been funny if it wasn't such a sad thing.

I know a guy that is a big Milan fan that after we lost the game he broke his TV laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 10 2006, 05:01 AM)
LOL  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  You have a point there, I always though that a keeper wasn't supposed to move during a penalty before the bal has been struck, I guess I was wrong.

And you're not alone on the wanting to meet them again part I would love it if that happened so we can smack them around a bit. And you're also right on the outplaying them bit, the numbers of sitters we missed and all the miracle saves the chip monk did would have been funny if it wasn't such a sad thing.

I know a guy that is a big Milan fan that after we lost the game he broke his TV  laugh.gif

laugh.gif No way .. It did seem like a perfect occasion though laugh.gif

Sad, but I think it should be common knowledge that Milan were Champions on that day devil.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 10 2006, 02:06 AM)
laugh.gif No way .. It did seem like a perfect occasion though laugh.gif

Sad, but I think it should be common knowledge that Milan were Champions on that day devil.gif

Yeah when Sheva's penalty was saved he literally grabbed the TV and smashed and on the floor.

And true we should have been Champions that night, but what can you do? sad.gif
RD.X
Are u guys still talking abt. Istanbul??? mad.gif

cry.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (RD.X @ Aug 10 2006, 05:56 PM)
Are u guys still talking abt. Istanbul??? mad.gif
cry.gif

People will talk about Istanbul even in a hundred years... this surely was the worst and most unlucky in Milan history EVER. And it was surely the worst day in my life as a football fan sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 10 2006, 11:55 PM)
People will talk about Istanbul even in a hundred years... this surely was the worst and most unlucky in Milan history EVER. And it was surely the worst day in my life as a football fan sad.gif

Definately sad.gif sad.gif cry.gif cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif
misha
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 11 2006, 01:55 AM)

Yea , by far. I can't see this game , see highlight and I hate when people talk abot this damn game.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 11 2006, 02:55 AM)

So sad .. even if Milan makes up for it by bringing in a dozen CL trophies; its this cup that I want back, cz it was ours for the taking.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 11 2006, 09:08 AM)
So sad .. even if Milan makes up for it by bringing in a dozen CL trophies; its this cup that I want back, cz it was ours for the taking.

It's like you're in my head man. That's exactly the way I feel, even if we win 6 more, this one would be the one that I really want and not the others
X-Offender
Oh come on, I'm sure if we manage to win another Champions League, then nobody is going to talk about Istanbul anymore. I know how we all feel about it, it's like a disease that never leaves, but winning the Champions League, that's the cure.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 11 2006, 02:05 PM)
Oh come on, I'm sure if we manage to win another Champions League, then nobody is going to talk about Istanbul anymore. I know how we all feel about it, it's like a disease that never leaves, but winning the Champions League, that's the cure.

I don't think so, in the back of our minds we will always say, hmm if that one wasn't taken from underneath our noses we would have 8 and not 7, even when we winn another CL
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 11 2006, 03:08 PM)
I don't think so, in the back of our minds we will always say, hmm if that one wasn't taken from underneath our noses we would have 8 and not 7, even when we winn another CL

Yeah, I know what you mean. I still can't believe we lost it that way, it's ridicolous. It's like god was against us that night and wanted us to suffer as much as possible. Not only about the 6-minutes self-destruction, but even for the penalty stopped by Dida and then sent in the net by Alonso. Not to mention Sheva's immense opportunity in the last minutes of the second extra-time. It was written that night we were going to suffer and so it happened.
Portman
I just hope CL 06/07 is not going to be as dirty as the last season.

I mean, trying to give the title to a team... no matter what it takes. rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Aug 11 2006, 02:24 PM)
I just hope CL 06/07 is not going to be as dirty as the last season.

I mean, trying to give the title to a team... no matter what it takes.  rolleyes.gif

Yeah totally right. Maybe someone should go to the UEFA headquarters and see who they already have written as champions for next season
dudernahata
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 11 2006, 02:22 PM)
Yeah totally right. Maybe someone should go to the UEFA headquarters and see who they already have written as champions for next season

real or chelsea. or maybe they got some ideas from the italian calcio federation and will give inter the title
han2503
QUOTE (dudernahata @ Aug 12 2006, 01:32 AM)
real or chelsea. or maybe they got some ideas from the italian calcio federation and will give inter the title

laugh.gif Good one, but UEFA aren't big fans of Italian teams.
X-Offender
Inter wins the Champions League? Gee, I'll have to dream this first laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dudernahata @ Aug 12 2006, 04:32 AM)

laugh.gif Now that is when the sky's gonna rain cats and dogs
Portman
Inter to win the CL? laugh.gif

I'm more confident on any portuguese team than them.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Aug 12 2006, 07:06 PM)
Inter to win the CL?  laugh.gif

I'm more confident on any portuguese team than them.

Porto
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 12 2006, 04:57 PM)
Porto

Nah. Porto fired their coach yesterday, and they've to get a new one. New coach, new tactic, new first 11... probably they'll fail this season. But, they've great players. Missing a good striker, though. You never know.

Benfica, if they keep Simao (it seems Valencia will not give what he wants), + Rui Costa + some adds like Katsouranis will be stronger. Simão, Rui Costa, Nuno Gomes and Miccoli (on load from Juve) in the same ofensive side, would be good do see. Let's see if that happens. I predict a good season for them.

Sporting Lisbon, at the moment are pretty strong. Young team, young coach. Good striker - Liedson (super-diver, but in the end, he's pretty good). I think they'll have a good season too.

The 3, will be on the CL group stage I believe. (Benfica draw 1-1 away with 6 'first team players' injuried and without Simao)
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Aug 12 2006, 09:40 PM)
Nah. Porto fired their coach yesterday, and they've to get a new one. New coach, new tactic, new first 11... probably they'll fail this season. But, they've great players. Missing a good striker, though. You never know.

No I ment that a Portugues team had already lifted the CL 3 yrs ago ..

When have Inter last won it wink.gif cool.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 12 2006, 07:46 PM)
No I ment that a Portugues team had already lifted the CL 3 yrs ago ..

When have Inter last won it  wink.gif  cool.gif

Oh! biggrin.gif

That was not FC Porto. That was Mourinho FC. Do not be confused. cool.gif

Inter? No one cares about them. They'll screw again in the last 16 probably.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Aug 12 2006, 11:03 PM)
Oh!  biggrin.gif

That was not FC Porto. That was Mourinho FC. Do not be confused.  cool.gif

Inter? No one cares about them. They'll screw again in the last 16 probably.

What do you mean .. Porto wasnt all that it was before Mourinho ? It wasn't a club that challenged for major Trophies ?
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 12 2006, 08:22 PM)
What do you mean .. Porto wasnt all that it was before Mourinho ? It wasn't a club that challenged for major Trophies ?

No. All the portuguese teams (big 3) can't say in the beginning of the season "We want the CL"... it's not the reality.

For a portuguese club, like Benfica or Porto, good in Europe = 1/4 finals. To be in the last 8 is really good.

Both clubs, Benfica and Porto have 2 CL trophies... (actually Benfica have 7(!) european finals) but are not "candidates". And they'll never be. No money...

In UEFA Cup, they are. But... $$$ = CL. There's a big difference between UEFA and CL. They prefer to be eliminated on CL group stage, then to get to UEFA semi-final or something.

PS: Mourinho is 'the coach'. It's the only top-class coach that Portugal has at the moment. And that, in a portuguese club, makes the difference.
han2503
As of now these are the clubs that have already qualified and will be in the draw tomorrow

Benfica
Valencia
Milan wub.gif
Liverpool puke.gif
Hamburg
Spartak Moskva
X-Offender
I'm glad Liverpool are in, I'm looking forward for a re-match. devilsmiley.gif
misha
Ajax won't be int CL . They lost 2:0
2 Ukrainian teams made it
GULLIVER
QUOTE (mishale @ Aug 24 2006, 12:34 AM)
Ajax won't be int CL . They lost 2:0
2 Ukrainian teams made it

damn I wanted to see Ajax in CL. mad.gif
What's going on with Arsenal? what did they do in the first match?
misha
QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Aug 23 2006, 10:40 PM)
damn I wanted to see Ajax in CL. mad.gif
What's going on with Arsenal? what did they do in the first match?

They won 3:0 in the first match. Now it's 1:1
misha
aggregate
Austria 1-4 Benfica
Dinamo Zagreb 1-5 Arsenal
Liverpool 3-2 M. Haifa
Salzburg 1-3 Valencia
Milan 3-1 Crvena Zvezda
Hamburg (ag) 1-1 Osasuna
Liberec 1-2 Spartak Moskva
Hearts 1-5 AEK
København 3-2 Ajax
Lille 4-0 Rabotnicki
Levski 4-2 Chievo
Galatasaray 6-3 Mladá Boleslav
Dynamo Kyiv 5-3 Fenerbahçe
Shakhtar 4-2 Legia
CSKA Moskva 5-0 Ružomberok
Standard 3-4 Steaua
han2503
The teams for tomorrow's draw

Benfica
Valencia
Milan
Liverpool
Hamburg
Spartak Moskva
Arsenal
AEK
København
Lille
Levski
Galatasaray
Dynamo Kyiv
Shakhtar
CSKA Moskva
Steaua
han2503
Damn you mishale, you beat me to it wink.gif

I'm glad Liverpool are in, I'm looking forward for a re-match.

Oh I totally forgot about that when I wrote puke.gif next to them, I hope we get them at some stage, payback will be sweet
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 23 2006, 03:28 PM)
The teams for tomorrow's draw

Benfica
Valencia
Milan 
Liverpool
Hamburg
Spartak Moskva
Arsenal
AEK
København
Lille
Levski
Galatasaray 
Dynamo Kyiv 
Shakhtar
CSKA Moskva
Steaua

Ok, hold on, how does it work from here on? I'm a bit confused...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.