Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neville hits out at agents
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
dst

Manchester United captain Gary Neville has called for agents to be removed from the game.

The England international full-back feels money is being taken away from the game and has called on players to become more responsible for their own actions.

Neville feels The Professional Footballers' Association is a strong enough body to represent the players and wants them to initiate a change in thinking.

"The PFA need to continue to do a lot of the good work they are doing," Neville told Sky Sports News.

"There are a number of things I personally would like to see. I would like to see the removal of agents in the game.

"When we have a union as strong as we have, I think the union could help with the correct education of players and make those young players not so reliant on other people who are going to take money off them.

"The PFA does not want to take money, it wants to give and that would be one of the positives along with all the other good work they do."

Asked if he felt there were any good agents in the game, Neville added: "I don't know many.

"There is a concern for me and there always has been. How a guy can go in and ask for your wage and expect to be given hundreds of thousands of pounds and sometimes millions in this day and age, I can't see it.

"That money is going out of the game. The clubs should keep that money. The players if they are due it should keep it and certainly not agents.

"It won't change until the players become more responsible for their own actions. The problem is that a lot of players believe they need them and it is not the case.

"You need good accountants and good advice, but you don't need to be paying hundreds of thousands of pounds."

skysports.com

I don't think it's a big matter... we should worry about stupid Platini not agents. That Blatter puppy is going to screw it. sad.gif
KillerMax
Everybody must make money. Not everyone wants to bother with all the legal crap and the paperwork. Oh and... Neville is a Tool with a capital T.
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 16 2007, 04:11 AM)
Oh and... Neville is a Tool with a capital T.

Definately!
Milan Are Brilliant
Gary Neville has never moved though...! Not sure how much experience he has in this part of football.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.