Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Media Stunned As Eto'o Blasts Ronaldinho, Rijkaard
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
han2503
Media Stunned As Eto'o Blasts Ronaldinho, Rijkaard

In a rather surprising - yet not completely unexpected - turn of events, Barcelona forward Samuel Eto'o has hit out against Frank Rijkaard for telling the press that he did not want to play, and also at teammater Ronaldinho for suggesting he should think more about the team.

It was a monologue of sorts in front of a tongue-tied - but hastily scribbling - media, as the Cameroon international went about speaking of the substitution that never happened on Sunday.

While a response had been expected, the sheer ferocity of the attack has caught people by surprise.

"It was a bad thing to come out and say in a press conference that I did not want to play," said Eto'o, starting with Rijkaard.

"It is those who said I did not want to play that must answer you," continued the belligerent forward. "Those who spoke should be worried."

He then went on to train his guns on Ronaldinho: "If a teammate tells me that I should think about the team, then he must first. Everything I do is while thinking about the team. That is why it has upset me so much.

"If they can, they should say it to my face."

He then suggested that there might still be groupism at Barcelona, and that as a result, certain people [Ronaldinho?] could be unhappy with his return.

"At Barcelona, there are two groups, one of the president, and another of someone else [Rossel? Rijkaard?] and they are the ones uphappy now that I have returned.

"I have no problems at all. This is not my war. It is between two other people but I am being used.

"I have listened to everything, and all I will say is that I will return to score goals."

Samuel Eto'o is known to be a player signed more at the behest of club president Joan Laporta. It is widely known that both Sandro Rossell and Rijkaard had other preferences despite themselves differing on a lot, and the Cameroon international has suggested that it might still be playing a role at the Camp Nou. Ronaldinho's relationship with Rossel has also been tossed back onto the debating table in one stinging attack.
han2503
So both R10 and Eto'o seem to be unhappy at Barca.

Who do you think Milan should swoop for?

Imo we need Eto'o more, despite what Porto thinks of him he is probably the best forward in the world.

Porto actually wants Zlatan and he is probably just as bad as Eto'o but he doesn't match him when it comes to actually playing football.

R10 is Silvio's dream, but we have Kaka, I think Eto' would be the best option for Milan
Jack Sparrow
I'm not sure. Considering we were looking for a playmaking forward, I think R10 would make more sense.R10 can play in that second punta role, making it that much more harder with Kaka wreaking havoc just behind him.With Pirlo in form,and Rino foaming at the mouth, can you even imagine what we're gonna do to the Merda next season. Also, R10 is better for Milanbiz.com and doesn't have bs spouting out of his mouth all the time. A bit of a party animal, true, but I think it will be alright.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 13 2007, 08:09 PM)
I'm not sure. Considering we were looking for a playmaking forward, I think R10 would make more sense.R10 can play in that second punta role, making it that much more harder with Kaka wreaking havoc just behind him.With Pirlo in form,and Rino foaming at the mouth, can you even imagine what we're gonna do to the Merda next season. Also, R10 is better for Milanbiz.com and doesn't have bs spouting out of his mouth all the time. A bit of a party animal, true, but I think it will be alright.

I still think Eto'o is more the type of player we need. Assuming R9 fits in EXTREMELY well and regains his full fitness then R10 would make more sense.

But I think playing Eto'o next to Gila/Oli/R9 with Kaka behind them would be pretty great also.

Oh what the hell! We should buy both of them tongue.gif
X-Offender
I'd go for R10.
Warchant
i'd say R10 just by shear talent and the outcome that would come from it

but etoo is a great striker, one that we desperately need
bigmacmtl
i dont really care who we get in the end, but i think i'd rather eto'o because his price tag wont be as high as ronnie's
misha
I agree with han. We should definitely try to sign Eto'o
milanistar
Get Eto'o he'll fit better in Milan, plus he's younger, cheaper and plays for the team tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
Do I really need to voice my opinion ?! rolleyes.gif

R10 ALL THE WAY devil.gif devil.gif

Portman
Eto'o @ Milan? Berlusconi will never spend a big sum on a kid (he doesn't know what he says) like this one. laugh.gif

Ronaldinho? cool.gif
agenth
if we get ronaldinho it's possible that Kaka will leave....
X-Offender
QUOTE (mchanna @ Feb 14 2007, 12:03 AM)
if we get ronaldinho it's possible that Kaka will leave....

Not in a million years. Remember, the dream is the trio Kakà-R9-R10. cool.gif
agenth
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 14 2007, 01:22 AM)
Not in a million years. Remember, the dream is the trio Kakà-R9-R10. cool.gif

I'm not sure about that.... some dreams are not meant to be realized.

madridistas think if we get r10 they actually have a real chance to get kaka...
X-Offender
QUOTE (mchanna @ Feb 14 2007, 01:24 AM)

Then those spainards can keep R10 cause I'm not changing my Ricky with no one in the world.
dst
We shouldn't get him for the same reason I didn't want us to get Ibra..

R10!?? Hell I'd love to see him in Milan but not for 100m, he's not worth it and he's not (entirely) what we lack... unless we have become so much like Madrid and all we want is to top Revenue lists.
han2503
QUOTE (mchanna @ Feb 14 2007, 12:24 AM)

Please the Madridista's can say what they want. They are still foming at the mouth because Kaka doesn't want to go to the circus rolleyes.gif

Kaka and R10 playing together is SILVIO'S dream. And Silvio WILL make that dream happen cool.gif
Locke Lamora
The last I heard was that he was considering to go to Arsenal.
But that was from the same paper who said Buffon and Cristiano Ronaldo would change team, so its not THAT likely.
GULLIVER
everybody talks what Silvio wants :mad: , why don't you say WHAT MILAN NEEDs.

Milan doesn't need a playmaker, it needs a forward.
X-Offender
QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Feb 15 2007, 08:50 PM)
everybody talks what Silvio wants :mad: , why don't you say WHAT MILAN NEEDs.

Didn't we just get Ronaldo for that? rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Feb 15 2007, 06:16 PM)
The last I heard was that he was considering to go to Arsenal.

Eto'o, R20 or Kaka!?? I guess you mean Eto'o... yeah I heard that too, he also said some good stuff about Wenger so who knows??

QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Feb 15 2007, 09:50 PM)

Ronaldinho will play as the second forward...
GULLIVER
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 16 2007, 12:43 AM)
Eto'o, R20 or Kaka!?? I guess you mean Eto'o... yeah I heard that too, he also said some good stuff about Wenger so who knows??
Ronaldinho will play as the second forward...

second forward, how many forwards should play, can you tell, me?

Or Milan is becoming a braziilian club - mad.gif
GULLIVER
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 16 2007, 12:27 AM)
Didn't we just get Ronaldo for that? rolleyes.gif

Ronaldo?? he'll play couple of good games just like Inzaghi and Raul did after come back, and then he'll disappear.
dst
QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Feb 15 2007, 11:44 PM)
second forward, how many forwards should play, can you tell, me?

X-Offender
QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Feb 15 2007, 10:45 PM)
Ronaldo?? he'll play couple of good games just like Inzaghi and Raul did after come back, and then he'll disappear.

We have 4 super-class forwards, we don't need more, not for next season at least. What we really need to work for is defense and midfield a bit.
dst
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 16 2007, 12:46 AM)
We have 4 super-class forwards, we don't need more, not for next season at least. What we really need to work for is defense and midfield a bit.

4??

OK now I may not like Inzaghi but I guess I'm not the only one who thinks he's not super class (at least not now). Gilardino and Oliveira are good but if you call that supper-class then what was Sheva!??

Ronaldo only can be called a "supper-class" forward and but he's had his best days a long time ago.

Maybe if we work on the defence and midfield our forwards will be enough of an attacking force (I don't believe that's the case myself...) but in any case they are not supper-class, not all of them for sure!!
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 16 2007, 12:35 AM)
4??

OK now I may not like Inzaghi but I guess I'm not the only one who thinks he's not super class (at least not now). Gilardino and Oliveira are good but if you call that supper-class then what was Sheva!??

Ronaldo only can be called a "supper-class" forward and but he's had his best days a long time ago.

Maybe if we work on the defence and midfield our forwards will be enough of an attacking force (I don't believe that's the case myself...) but in any case they are not supper-class, not all of them for sure!!

Pippo still can be a supercalss forward! Remember his appearances in the Cl last season? Now, if he'll be only close to these every defender will fear him again!
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 16 2007, 12:35 AM)
4??

You can think whatever you like, for me they're four amazing strikers and we don't need any addition in attack like we need in the other sections of the field.
LaPalma
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 16 2007, 01:05 AM)
You can think whatever you like, for me they're four amazing strikers and we don't need any addition in attack like we need in the other sections of the field.

Well Gila, Pippo and the fat one are definetely amazing strikers...but not Oli....he's just an expensive mediocre player...
X-Offender
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Feb 16 2007, 01:17 AM)
Well Gila, Pippo and the fat one are definetely amazing strikers...but not Oli....he's just an expensive mediocre player...

What? Have you seen his last matches? Oli is far from mediocre. I'm sure a lot of people here would disagree with you.
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 16 2007, 01:35 AM)
4??

I agree with that. The problems of our striker are:
Gila - He is in and out of form all the time. Unpredictable and need to prove himself in important games (like CL).
Oli - Has a mental problem following his sister situation. I believe if the problem will be solved he can play much better next year.
Pippo - He is past his prime , but can still sometime give good games. If he decides to stay most probably will be a bench player.
R9 - If he will be in shape and injury free (to much injury prone) can give 2-3 good years.

I would try to bring a top-class striker for next year (Eto'o, Torres ...) instead of Pippo but maybe it's just me.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (mishale @ Feb 15 2007, 07:40 PM)
I agree with that. The problems of our striker are:
Gila - He is in and out of form all the time. Unpredictable and need to prove himself in important games (like CL).
Oli - Has a mental problem following his sister situation. I believe if the problem will be solved he can play much better next year.
Pippo - He is past his prime , but can still sometime give good games. If he decides to stay most probably will be a bench player.
R9 - If he will be in shape and injury free (to much injury prone) can give 2-3 good years.

I would try to bring a top-class striker for next year instead of Pippo but maybe it's just me.

we need a world class striker. we've seen all the problems that we got with the current strike force and i dont wanna hear excuses. ronaldo will help but we cant have him as plan A and not have a backup. it's not like we're getting ride of gila or oli. we must bring in support striker because we still dont have a legit one even tho we've tried oli in that role.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 15 2007, 06:24 PM)
What? Have you seen his last matches? Oli is far from mediocre. I'm sure a lot of people here would disagree with you.

Like me.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Berlusconi and Carletto want to get rid of Oliveira and bring in someone else. Maybe They will do a swap, plus a lot of cash with Barca for R10.
GULLIVER
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 16 2007, 01:56 AM)

2? then i guess we are going to send Gila to another club, or else to rest a little bit in miami? Bench isn't a good place for him.

that makes milan whole brazilian team, that doesn't make sense to me.
GULLIVER
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 16 2007, 02:46 AM)

who is super class from there? Inzaghi? laugh.gif or Oliveira?? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Gila, still didn't prove nothing, R9 has a lot to prove yet. One of them just doesn't like to score another is just too FAT to score.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 15 2007, 11:35 PM)
4??

Maybe they are not super world class but they are class.

Gila and Oli are definately class, maybe Gila has been running hot and cold this year but on his day he's a class player, same for Oli he is class but has 'issues' so to speak.

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Feb 16 2007, 12:17 AM)

Oli has just provided us with glimpses of what he can do this season, he is definately no mediocre player.

Imo Pippo is a mediocre player that just has an eye for goal and the nack for being in the right place at the right time.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 16 2007, 12:24 AM)

Exactly!!!

QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Feb 16 2007, 07:49 AM)
who is super class from there? Inzaghi?  laugh.gif or Oliveira?? laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Gila, still didn't prove nothing, R9 has a lot to prove yet. One of them just doesn't like to score another is just too FAT to score.

First of all Ronaldo is not fat. I've seen him in training and he definately isn't fat, he seems to have put on a lot of muscle that's why he looks bulkier.

Gila and Oli might not be super class as in Sheva, Weah and Van Basten but they are class.

Unfortuanetly we haven't seen what Gila can do at his best in the Milan shirt and Oli needs to overcome his personal problems because it's clear at times that his mind is on something else
dst
QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Feb 16 2007, 09:47 AM)
that makes milan whole brazilian team, that doesn't make sense to me.

Well it's not a matter of sense, it's a matter of likeness... In any case, if Ronaldinho actually came there is room for him to play. I would rather go for 3 great players with that cash instead but don't try to find problems where there are not... R20 would have a place!

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 16 2007, 03:14 PM)
Unfortuanetly we haven't seen what Gila can do at his best in the Milan shirt and Oli needs to overcome his personal problems because it's clear at times that his mind is on something else

Milan can't wait for both Gila and Oli to prove their worth...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.