Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: will gila become like sheva ??
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
nuh
i say yes because he is doing great and he is trying hard day after day and i think i wont leave like sheva because we still kept him with his drout and we belived in him
dst
in what sense??

As good a footballer as Sheva used to be!?? No way...

Maybe he'll score as much if he stays too long but this is where he he becomes shevish cause I think he will leave sooner or later.
bigmacmtl
like? never, not the same type of players.replace him? only time will tell. will he become as great as sheva? or score as many goals? possibly witht he right amount of support. and consdeirng he has had +20 goal season it is possible for him to many score 100-150 goals in his career for milan. that said maybe we should use him the same way parma used him... as a long striker. it's true we've probably already done that but who knows we can maybe try it some more.
Portman
No way.
milanista1899
Only if he becomes (or stays? unsure.gif ) an important goal scorer for us, as Sheva was.

He'll never be the same kind of player as him.

If he keeps getting the goals season after season unsure.gif I'd want him to stay devil.gif , but that might be tough as I could see Real, Chelsea, Juve etc. going for him. sad.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Feb 8 2007, 06:23 PM)
Only if he becomes (or stays? unsure.gif ) an important goal scorer for us, as Sheva was.

He'll never be the same kind of player as him.

If he keeps getting the goals season after season  unsure.gif I'd want him to stay devil.gif , but that might be tough as I could see Real, Chelsea, Juve etc. going for him.  sad.gif

If Gila leaves us .. It wont be a big problem, at first hand he isn't that important for this current team .. I mean with or without him, we still would be 9th in the league .. Sure he scored 7 goals for us this season, but what is 7 goals ?! If Kaka has 5 .. So I really wouldnt care about Gilardino

-----------------------------------------------

On the subject, no he will never be a plaer like Shevchenko .. Simply because Sheva used to move alot .. he used to alternate (in one game) from one wing to another .. he used to concur all the space that he can and he used to guarentee 20+ goals/ season .. I dont see Gila even doing 1/4 of what Shevchenko used to do ..
Warchant
i voted no because there will never be another sheva in football.

gila will still be great, eventually, but never like sheva
han2503
No, simply because they aren't the same type of player.

But Gila will score us goals and I can defintely see him in Milan for a long time to come
Jack Sparrow
I voted yes, but I presumed the question meant his status in Milan.

As a footballer, not really, Sheva was a textbook targetman striker. Holding the ball, hassling defenders laying off for his strike partner etc.

Gila is a goal poacher. A clinical finisher when on song, but little else when he's off tune.

However I do believe(or wanna believe), 10 years from now, we'd speak of Gila and Sheva in the same breath.
Lemme admit, this guy won me over when he said back in the dark days, that he'd play for Milan if we were relegated to Serie C. This from a 24 year old WC winning kid, who could have the whole of Italy at his feet.Contrast that with Ibrahomobitch!

He's a trier, I could never ever accuse him of giving less than what he's capable of in a game. True he disappears a lot, but he's a freaking finishing striker, throw the plays and our boy will chase them like a demon.

What he lacks in my opinion is experience, maturity(not exactly the same things) and cunning. How when you know you are not in total form and possession of your abilities, or when you know you're up against a tough marker, or a rough defence, to still pose or pretend to pose a threat.

He's got one master to learn from-Pippo. But to be truly great, he'd need to learn a few tricks from Henry's book. Just a few, since you can never learn all. But I have faith. wink.gif

Forza Gila.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 8 2007, 07:56 PM)

As a footballer, not really, Sheva was a textbook targetman striker. Holding the ball, hassling defenders laying off for his strike partner etc.

Gila is a goal poacher. A clinical finisher when on song, but little else when he's off tune.

However I do believe(or wanna believe), 10 years from now, we'd speak of Gila and Sheva in the same breath.
Lemme admit, this guy won me over when he said back in the dark days, that he'd play for Milan if we were relegated to Serie C.  This from a 24 year old WC winning kid, who could have the whole of Italy at his feet.Contrast that with Ibrahomobitch!

He's a trier, I could never ever accuse him of giving less than what he's capable of in a game. True he disappears a lot, but he's a freaking finishing striker, throw the plays and our boy will chase them like a demon.

What he lacks in my opinion is experience, maturity(not exactly the same things) and cunning. How when you know you are not in total form and possession of your abilities, or when you know you're up against a tough marker, or a rough defence, to still pose or pretend to pose a threat.

He's got one master to learn from-Pippo. But to be truly great, he'd need to learn a few tricks from Henry's book. Just a few, since you can never learn all. But I have faith. wink.gif

Forza Gila.

Great post king.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 8 2007, 11:56 AM)

Lemme admit, this guy won me over when he said back in the dark days, that he'd play for Milan if we were relegated to Serie C.  This from a 24 year old WC winning kid, who could have the whole of Italy at his feet.Contrast that with Ibrahomobitch!

Forza Gila.

5 stars king.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 8 2007, 04:56 PM)

Forza Gila.

Great post Jack
milanistar
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 8 2007, 04:56 PM)

Forza Gila.

king.gif

99% with you!
misha
Nope
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Feb 9 2007, 01:00 AM)
Nope

biggrin.gif Was wondering when that was gonna come out tongue.gif
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 9 2007, 12:01 AM)
biggrin.gif Was wondering when that was gonna come out tongue.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
han2503
In the difficult moments over this summer, I said that I would never leave Milan and that’s still as true today as it was then. On Sunday, I hope to score my thirtieth goal in a Milan jersey. We must concentrate on the game, the three points, and of course with the fans at the stadium it would be even better.

Since Jack mentioned this particular thing.

FORZA GILA king.gif king.gif
GULLIVER
Sheva was Sheva since the beggining and Gila was not Sheva and will not be sheva ever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.