Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you support the decision to suspend italian football
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
whoarethepatriots
I agree with the decision and i feel its about time those violent, racist warmongering ultras are eradicated from the game
Portman
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Feb 3 2007, 03:24 PM)
I agree with the decision and i feel its about time those violent, racist warmongering ultras are eradicated from the game

Those ultras (it doesn't matter if it's left or right-wing) exist in every single Serie A team. Milan, Inter, Palermo, Catania, Roma, Lazio, Livorno, etc.

In Italy, football has a very strong link with the politics. And you can't stop that. It's something that is really deep.

So, what's the plan? I honestly, don't know. rolleyes.gif
m1ke
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 3 2007, 03:44 PM)
It's something that is really deep.

Exactly. It's rooted deep into their culture. I support the decision to suspend this weekends games, and hope that new measures are introduced to stop this kind of thing happening again.

I do not, however, support the ban on football for a whole year. The effects that would have on the Italian football would be catastrophic, and I see no real benefit in doing it.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 3 2007, 04:44 PM)
Those ultras (it doesn't matter if it's left or right-wing) exist in every single Serie A team. Milan, Inter, Palermo, Catania, Roma, Lazio, Livorno, etc.

Except for Chievo. And suprisingly almost every italian likes them. So I think this link between politics and football between politics and football is not wanted by many fans in Italy. I'm sure most of the italian football fans just want to watch football and have a good time, but there a few that want to use football for their own aims...
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 3 2007, 05:44 PM)
So, what's the plan? I honestly, don't know.  rolleyes.gif

Well some measures like named tickets (there are but not used as should) and CCTV would help!! rolleyes.gif

Oh and... whoarethepatriots, define 'Yes, Fully'.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 3 2007, 03:44 PM)

In Italy, football has a very strong link with the politics. And you can't stop that. It's something that is really deep.

So, what's the plan? I honestly, don't know.  rolleyes.gif

Yeah thats what i meant, not just the catania and palermo ones but all of them

Football is not worth someones life
whoarethepatriots
Yes fully means the indefinate suspension of Calcio
dst
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Feb 3 2007, 08:17 PM)
Yes fully means the indefinate suspension of Calcio

I still don't get the difference between 'Yes, Fully' and 'Yes, Until this is sorted out'... blush.gif

I mean... I fully support the suspension but there won't be a calcio resume until it''s sorted out anyway! unsure.gif blink.gif

I don't know if this makes sense... Just to be clear, I support the temporary suspension and not the year-long one the Players' Association suggested cause I just don't find it wise... although Moratti's face if this was to be the decision would be priceless!

So I guess... I'm on 'Yes, Until this is sorted out'!???
han2503
I don't agree with it.

Postponing games for a week to show respect to the man that died and his family is ok.

But suspending football for a longer time won't change anything.

The guys that started the riots don't care about the football, they were only there to ambush the Police and the Palermo fans.

This is not something about football it's deeper then that and imo this should be given to the Italian government to deal with.

And imo this is all their fault for always closing their eyes to these things and not doing anything about it. A man's life had to be lost for them to finally take action, and most probably things will go back to the way they where in a matter of months
GULLIVER
a week is fine, but football is also a business and can't be stoped to run for a long period.

There have to be some changes, and I think such kind of things happen not only in Italian football, so measures have to be taken.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 3 2007, 10:36 PM)
... and most probably things will go back to the way they where in a matter of months

that's the saddest part of it all... and probably true!
whoarethepatriots
I was a bit unclear in how i worded this but this is what i meant

Yes, fully - suspension of a year perhaps more
Yes, till its sorted - suspension of a week
arivanjj
well i take my vote back cause a year suspension will just kill football in italia plus it'll hurt the country itself real bad..
may83
QUOTE (m1ke @ Feb 3 2007, 05:54 PM)
I do not, however, support the ban on football for a whole year. The effects that would have on the Italian football would be catastrophic, and I see no real benefit in doing it.

I agree, it is a difficult decision to make as they obviously want to show that they are not taking the events lightly but it would surely wipe out Italian Football. ohmy.gif
dst
... then not fully!
milanista1899
"No some other action could have been taken" I'm not sure what, but it's harsh on the fans and I'm sure Sig. Raciti wouldn't have wanted this upheaval for them. He was a man who risked and paid with his life doing his job (he didn't shy away when the going got tough, he carried on!) and to whom I think there should be some kind of bravery award attributed to?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.