Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carletto eyes Azzurri job
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Rossoneri7
Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has admitted that he dreams of one day sitting on the Azzurri bench.

The Rossonero, who is contracted to the Via Turati club until 2008, endured a difficult start to the season and was paired with an exit in June.

The San Siro outfit has now managed to return to winning ways and are only three points shy of a Champions League spot.

“I hope I can someday Coach the Azzurri, I would enjoy a spell with the Nazionale,” said Ancelotti to Radio Anch'io Sport on Monday.

“I know it might not sound nice, because Roberto Donadoni is a friend of mine, but this is a dream I have,” continued the former midfielder.

“In any case, I hope Donadoni does well in the next European Championship and the 2010 World Cup.”

The tactician then moved on to comment on Ronaldo’s likely arrival, as Adriano Galliani will fly to Madrid on Monday to finalise the details of the Brazilian’s transfer.

“Ronaldo fat? I don’t think so, he is just sturdy and has an imposing figure. He is very motivated and I think he has proved that by choosing to come here even if he might earn less.

“He’s a great striker and is very fast. He hasn’t trained much after being dropped at Real Madrid, but he remains an excellent player, who scored almost 100 goals with the Merengues in five years.”

The Coach is also aware that achieving Champions League qualification is the club’s primary objective, although it will not be an easy target to reach.

“The Champions League has always been important for us and it is even more so this year, also from an economical point of view,” he said.

“We are struggling and are not at our best, due to the summer scanal. We had to change our plans and this has caused many injuries, which did not allow us play the first half of the season as we could have.”

Football Italia
HasanHasanly
Hmm if he becomes the Azzurri coach, i sure hope he doesnt bring Seedorf with him (somehow) tongue.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.