Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Abramovich eyes Mancini
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Warchant
Roman Abramovich reportedly wants Roberto Mancini to be the next Chelsea manager if Jose Mourinho quits the Blues this summer.

The former Sampdoria and Lazio star, who once enjoyed a spell as a player in the Premiership with Leicester City, is currently flavour of the month in Series A.

He bossed Inter to their first Scudetto since 1989 last season, even if it did only come by default after Juventus had their title stripped.

But Inter are top of the table on merit this season, having won 13 consecutive games.

And now, with Mourinho's future still the subject of much speculation, the Blues are already thinking ahead.

Abramovich reportedly does not want to be left high and dry if Mourinho leaves in the summer, and would be prepared to pay Mancini £6million a year to quit the Nerazzurri.

A source said: "Abramovich has made up his mind that he wants Mancini. Chelsea know that he is now in demand."

look...i know some people hate him, i for one think that Mourinho is a genious. if he wants to leave, we need to go after him. he is, by far, the best coach out there right now and he has done more than necessary to prove it.

yes, he has a different attitude than milan is use to, but if you look at our history of coaches, changes in attitude and coaching styles have usually ended up in success for us.
Portman
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jan 26 2007, 12:23 AM)
look...i know some people hate him, i for one think that Mourinho is a genious. if he wants to leave, we need to go after him. he is, by far, the best coach out there right now and he has done more than necessary to prove it.

Mancini to Chelsea | Mourinho to Inter

I can see it.
If confirmed, I can see Milan end trophyless season after season for the next 5 years. rolleyes.gif
milanistar
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 26 2007, 01:10 AM)

I can see it.
If confirmed, I can see Milan end trophyless season after season for the next 5 yearsrolleyes.gif

Forget it wink.gif
Warchant
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 25 2007, 08:10 PM)

I can see it.
If confirmed, I can see Milan end trophyless season after season for the next 5 years.  rolleyes.gif

if that happened, then i would definately agree
KillerMax
I disagree... Murinho is a hot headed coah and Inter is full of hot headed players... If Murinho thinks Adriano is fat and should sit on the bench or if he gets in a fight with the crazy one(Zlatan), then Inter are f@cked. Mancini is a nice-guy type of coach and knows how to deal with his players (that has to be one of his rare qualities..) but Murinho is waaaay arrogant and most Inter players are worst... I can see them fail miserably as I'm typing this...
misha
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jan 26 2007, 02:23 AM)

yes, he has a different attitude than milan is use to, but if you look at our history of coaches, changes in attitude and coaching styles have usually ended up in success for us.

Completely agree. It will be great to have him as a coach and I'm sure he would pick us over Inter if we pay him enough $$$
Portman
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 26 2007, 06:31 AM)
I disagree... Murinho is a hot headed coah and Inter is full of hot headed players... If Murinho thinks Adriano is fat and should sit on the bench or if he gets in a fight with the crazy one(Zlatan), then Inter are f@cked. Mancini is a nice-guy type of coach and knows how to deal with his players (that has to be one of his rare qualities..) but Murinho is waaaay arrogant and most Inter players are worst... I can see them fail miserably as I'm typing this...

You think Mourinho would allow that? Porto had Maniche, Derlei and some other hot headed players who were European Champions with him.

Mourinho is arrogant but his players love him as their coach.

The only team I can see fail miserably is Chelsea after he leaves. rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 26 2007, 03:10 AM)
If confirmed, I can see Milan end trophyless season after season for the next 5 years.  rolleyes.gif

Actually in the third season... Roma United will win it, and Inter will still fail to win the Champions League!! rolleyes.gif

I really admire Mourinho as a coach but I've said again and again why I don't like him as a man and wouldn't want him as Milan's coach: After all these months, he'd still be prancing about Camp Nou yelling over Sheva's disallowed goal...

Everyone here likes him as a coach... it's just that some do not appreciate the man Mourinho and that is a reason enough to keep him away!
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jan 26 2007, 12:23 AM)

100% Agree cool.gif
milanistar
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 26 2007, 06:31 AM)

You forgot Cassano laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 26 2007, 04:10 AM)

I can see it.

How is that ?!

Mourinho has a magic wond stuck up his @ss ? Maybe huh.gif

I doubt he will make an impact .. Cuz Italian football is the most difficult of all.

Personally, though Mourinho has showed on all levels that he is one of the best, I doubt he will be able to make the impact that u expect
han2503
Manicini at Chelsea will be funny laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 26 2007, 07:48 PM)
Manicini at Chelsea will be funny  laugh.gif

Yeah but Mancini at Inter is the funnies sh1t around... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.