Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gattuso
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
agenth
why isn't there any gattuso thread mad.gif huh.gif

(this is the only pic I quickly found on my PC O.o LOL)

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Happy Birthday Rino</span>
kaka_sheva
I was just baout to come and make a thread for him, cuz of his birthday, but u got here first! lol

o_O woah, thanks for the pic laugh.gif

Happy Birthday!!!
misha
Gattuso dreams of Premiership

Italy's World Cup winning midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has told eurosport.com that he has "always dreamed" of playing in the Premiership.

The combative midfielder has long been linked with a potential move to England, with Manchester United most often cited as his potential destination.

However, despite his ambitions, Gattuso is contracted to Milan until 2011, which means that a move to England is still unlikely.

"I've never brought myself to change anything, even if I have always dreamed about playing in the Premier League," he said.

"I used to think, that I would never play at one club for more than three years. But here at Milan, anytime I have had these things in mind, I felt like I didn't want to change something.

"I've experienced beautiful moments, as well as some sad and difficult ones, but I have always met people who made me feel important. I became the person I am mostly because of the Milan-Family"

Instead, Gattuso will turn his attentions to trying to win the Champions League with the Rossoneri although he admits that they face a major test again Bayern Munich in them quarter-finals.

"Bayern have a lot of great players, they are one of the strongest teams in Europe," he admitted.

"I think, the team as a group is very dangerous. I also think that the change of the coach, with Hitzfeld's experience, could cause some problem for us."

Gattuso also offered words of sympathy for Oliver Kahn who is banned for the first-leg after misbehaving during a drugs test.

"It's maybe unjust, because he didn't make a mistake on the pitch or break the rules of the game," the former Rangers man said.

"Kahn is a very charismatic personality. He always wants to win, I like that. I somehow understand Kahn and what has happened to him, because I had a similar experience in Italy."

eurosport
Bluesummers
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 2 2007, 04:07 PM)
Gattuso dreams of Premiership

Italy's World Cup winning midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has told eurosport.com that he has "always dreamed" of playing in the Premiership.

The combative midfielder has long been linked with a potential move to England, with Manchester United most often cited as his potential destination.

However, despite his ambitions, Gattuso is contracted to Milan until 2011, which means that a move to England is still unlikely.

"I've never brought myself to change anything, even if I have always dreamed about playing in the Premier League," he said.

"I used to think, that I would never play at one club for more than three years. But here at Milan, anytime I have had these things in mind, I felt like I didn't want to change something.

"I've experienced beautiful moments, as well as some sad and difficult ones, but I have always met people who made me feel important. I became the person I am mostly because of the Milan-Family"

Instead, Gattuso will turn his attentions to trying to win the Champions League with the Rossoneri although he admits that they face a major test again Bayern Munich in them quarter-finals.

"Bayern have a lot of great players, they are one of the strongest teams in Europe," he admitted.

"I think, the team as a group is very dangerous. I also think that the change of the coach, with Hitzfeld's experience, could cause some problem for us."

Gattuso also offered words of sympathy for Oliver Kahn who is banned for the first-leg after misbehaving during a drugs test.

"It's maybe unjust, because he didn't make a mistake on the pitch or break the rules of the game," the former Rangers man said.

"Kahn is a very charismatic personality. He always wants to win, I like that. I somehow understand Kahn and what has happened to him, because I had a similar experience in Italy."

eurosport

I think he'd have a fun time in epl. Especially because he can be as rough as he wants and get away with it too devilsmiley.gif
agenth
noooooooooo! i dont want ringhio gone *cries*

I want him to be the next captain!
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 3 2007, 01:20 AM)
I think he'd have a fun time in epl.  Especially because he can be as rough as he wants and get away with it too  devilsmiley.gif

biggrin.gif

I don't think he'll go though... his current contract is going to be his last one! devil.gif
han2503
QUOTE (mchanna @ Apr 2 2007, 11:43 PM)
noooooooooo! i dont want ringhio gone *cries*

I want him to be the next captain!

The title of the article is just misleading.

All he says is that he always had a dream of playing in the EpL, but even though he has that dream he doesn't want to change anything that he has right now.

It's safe to say that Rino will end his carreer here as Milan captain
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 3 2007, 07:20 AM)
The title of the article is just misleading.

All he says is that he always had a dream of playing in the EpL, but even though he has that dream he doesn't want to change anything that he has right now.

It's safe to say that Rino will end his carreer here as Milan captain

I second that
misha
Gattuso wants Scottish finale

Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso is keen to end his football days in Scotland, according to his agent Andrea D’Amico. The Azzurri hardman, who played for Glasgow Rangers during the 1997-98 season, has never hidden his admiration for Scottish football. “Rino has said he wants to close his career in Scotland, that’s true, but the end of his playing days is still a long way away,” said D’Amico. The World Champion has also been linked with a move to Manchester United and will face the Red Devils in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final at Old Trafford next week.
dst
It's his choice. In three years' time he will be much less efficient anyway...
han2503
In 5 years' time his contract will end and he could either retire or go out and play 1 or 2(max) more years in Scotland.

It's his choice anyway. He's got a Scottish wife so it's understandable that he would go and live there at some point.
anano1214
New pics smile.gif))

rino and De Rosi

anano1214

Tennie
Very nice article about our Rino in the Financial Times:

The peasant who revolted in underpants
By Simon Kuper

Published: April 20 2007 20:10 | Last updated: April 20 2007 20:10

It was one of the images of last year’s World Cup, though few people saw it – the bearded Italian midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, cavorting around Berlin’s Olympic Stadium in skimpy white underpants. Italy had won the final and Gattuso was celebrating. Horrified Fifa officials soon stopped him.

Underpants are seldom just underpants, and Gattuso’s symbolised his transformation from peasant to king. For years, his role in football teams was as servant to the stars. On Tuesday, when Milan visit Manchester United for the Champions League semi-final, he will be the team’s spiritual leader.

But more than that, the square-shaped Gattuso has become revered as an “anti-superstar”: the antidote to everything glossy in modern football.

Central to the Gattuso myth are his simple origins. He comes from a small town in Calabria, in Italy’s poor south, where he grew up playing football on the beach. Many of his relatives, like so many Calabrians, sought better lives abroad.

At 19, Gattuso did too. He joined Rangers in Glasgow, and fitted right in. British players, he says, “tackle like men. In Italy, if you tackle a player they moan to the referee”.

Gattuso likes burying someone and then shaking his hand – though a Gattuso handshake can be scary too.

While other Italian players in Glasgow went about in beautiful suits, he hung around in tracksuits with Scottish players, notes Gabriele Marcotti, co-author of The Italian Job.

Gattuso left Scotland after only a year, but with a souvenir: his future wife Monica, whose father owned his favourite Glaswegian pizzeria.

Gattuso has promised to rejoin Rangers while still in his prime, but then he has also said he will never leave Milan, and has flirted with Manchester United, so it’s hard to know his future intentions for certain.

At 21 he joined Milan. It seemed an odd match. If Milanese men are the best-dressed men in the world, and Milan’s players are the best-dressed men in Milan, then what was Gattuso doing there?

At 1.77m and 77kg he is an unusually heavy footballer, who calls himself “as ugly as debts”. As the Italian saying goes, “Man descends from Gattuso.” Furthermore, in a club famed for its passing, he received ironic applause at training whenever he completed a pass over five metres.

But he knew his place. “I’m just a stealer of balls,” he says. Italians call his type a mediano, the guy who procures the ball for someone else who can play – in Milan’s case, the great Kaka.

Gattuso reveres Kaka: “He is so perfect that sometimes I have to touch him to make sure he really exists.” Indeed, Gattuso’s most famous spat, the frantic bouncing up and down and shrieking at Christian Poulsen of Schalke, was prompted by Poulsen taunting Kaka.

“He behaved like a child,” said Poulsen afterwards. In fact Gattuso had behaved like Rumpelstiltskin, the evil bearded dwarf in the fairy tale.

Nonetheless, says Marcotti, Gattuso improves Milan’s brand. A peasant among dandies, he helps the club appear rooted.

At last summer’s World Cup he went from being an Italian to a global brand. This was thanks only partly to his appearance with several teammates in an underwear advertisement. Gattuso helped marshal perhaps the best defence ever assembled.

In the final, when Fabio Grosso cut out a French attack at the expense of a corner, something that would have won him applause in any other side, Gattuso beetled across to scold him: Italy didn’t concede corners.

During the tournament Gattuso burnished his peasant’s image. He called Italy’s triumph “the victory of a workers’ team. We have shown we have balls as big as houses” (just in case anyone had missed the underwear ads).

Gattuso became lionised as an “anti-galactico”. Even his beard seemed a throwback to an age when footballers were ordinary blokes. In fact, Gattuso is far more glamorous than he admits. This Calabrian migrant is a globalised multimillionaire who recently adorned the cover of the Italian Vanity Fair. Many women adore him. Yes, he is a mediano, but in recent years mediani have staged a sort of peasants’ revolt, upstaging the Kakas to become football’s main men. Gattuso’s rustic image, though it fits his personality, is also a carefully managed brand. A gifted speaker, he is his own best brand manager.

Still, he deserves the acclaim. The season after winning the world cup is the hardest (we’ve all been there), and here is Gattuso, a step away from his third Champions League final in five seasons.

Officials planning for next month’s match in Athens had better pack some spare shorts.

Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2007

link
misha
in a club famed for its passing, he received ironic applause at training whenever he completed a pass over five metres.

biggrin.gif

Good article. Forza Rino!!
han2503
Wish he had been able to play the entire match yesterday, the outcome could have been MUCH more different
Rossoneri7
Great read Tennie ... king.gif
misha
AC Milan's Gattuso was ready to attack Man Utd fan
tribalfooball.com

AC Milan midfielder Rino Gattuso has revealed he was ready to jump into the Old Trafford crowd last week to confront an abusive fan.
Now he would love nothing better than to knock Manchester United out of the Champions League this week to gain his revenge.

"While I was the leaving the field a fan tried to thrust his hands in my face," said the midfielder. "I was all ready to climb over and get him, but fortunately I was stopped."

Team-mate Cafu and backroom staff prevented the fiery Italian from handing out instant justice to his tormentor.

A Milan spokesman said: "Gattuso was taking insults but luckily Cafu was right next to him and it didn't go any further. We didn't make any official complaint."
Rossoneri7
mad.gif

Milan don't cry foul .. huh.gif
han2503
You better get em on Wednesday Rino!!!!! mad.gif mad.gif
KillerMax
I don't trust Tribal one bit. Give me a reliable link.
arivanjj
why do you guys even bother posting tribal news on here?
jefri91
Actually this really happened. Didnt you see the Man U fan who gave Gattuso the finger while he was walking up the stairs?? I facking hate those wankers. They boo Gattuso even when he's laying on the ground and booing the whole team. For being such an @sshole club... Milan will **** you
arivanjj
yeah it might have been true but half of the bull they put up is made up or they add more bull to it like they've done there.
Tennie
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 30 2007, 09:02 AM)
For being such an @sshole club... Milan will **** you

I hate to be a whiny girl, but could we please stop with the **** comments?

Thanks.
bigmacmtl
"Another Rossoneri hero, Gennaro Gattuso, is putting the Azzurri first. He pledged to dye his hair blonde if Milan won the Champions League, but pointed out he will only do so after the Euro 2008 qualifiers against Lithuania and the Faroe Islands."

laugh.gif i cant wait!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ May 25 2007, 06:16 PM)
"Another Rossoneri hero, Gennaro Gattuso, is putting the Azzurri first. He pledged to dye his hair blonde if Milan won the Champions League, but pointed out he will only do so after the Euro 2008 qualifiers against Lithuania and the Faroe Islands."

laugh.gif i cant wait!

I hope he doesnt!

Does anybody remember when they whol Romania squad did it at World Cup 98 (I think it was then?) They looked ridiculous!
KillerMax
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK0FgPttjuw

devilsmiley.gif
kurtsimonw
Great video, shame about the pansy music.

There's only 1 thing I dislike about Rino.. The fact he hates Poulsen more than anything. Why can't they just get along. sad.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2007, 08:33 PM)

There's only 1 thing I dislike about Rino.. The fact he hates Poulsen more than anything. Why can't they just get along.  sad.gif

What do you like about Poulsen? unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 2 2007, 02:46 AM)
What do you like about Poulsen? unsure.gif

I also support Sevilla. wink.gif

Plus I just like him anyways, even after the Schalke incident the other year. rolleyes.gif

The Euro Super Cup is going to be a great watch. Poulsen - Gattuso.. The rematch. tongue.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2007, 09:33 PM)

There's only 1 thing I dislike about Rino.. The fact he hates Poulsen more than anything. Why can't they just get along.  sad.gif

euro 04 he he stomps on totti, and duuring the shalke matches he was taking out kakas legs everytime he had the chance.
dst
Kurt... really WHAT THE F@CK IS YOUR PROBLEM!??!??

I mean... you like Materazzi... OK, me too I believe he's more bumbling and utterly stupid than dirty...

But Poulsen!!!?? POULSEN!!!!!!!!!!! CHRISTIAN POULSEN!??

Come on... that guy's middle name is Bager... BUGGER!!! Obviously, his parents hate him!! But you...

You sure there's not any problem with the water in Birmingham!??
kurtsimonw
I've liked Matrix since his Everton days, he was as funny as unique there as he is now. The only thing wrong with him is the colour shirt he wears.

Everyone takes sides with those incidents. No, I didn't like it that Poulsen stamped on Totti, but I didn't care when Ball stamped on Cristiano.

If Rino was to do something to Poulsen I bet you wouldn't care? It all depends who's side you're on. For me, Rino was the first to p!ss me off, only players with metal issues go and play for a classless team like Rangers. But I grew to love him when he joined Milan. Same goes for Poulsen, I didn't like what he did throughout the Schalke game.. But when he joined Sevilla I started to like him.

It's hard to dislike your teams important players, and they both important for my teams, so I like them both. tongue.gif

You sure there's not any problem with the water in Birmingham!??

I live on the good side of Birmingham, not the crappy blue side. cool.gif
dst
Well... fair enough... I'm still not convinced about the water issue though. biggrin.gif
anano1214
anano1214
misha
Gattuso Day declared in Canada! cool.gif

Gennaro Gattuso’s visit to Oshawa saw over 2,500 fans come to greet him and June 25 declared Gattuso Day.

The large Calabrian community in the area invited the Milan and Italy star to the city near Toronto and Mayor John Gray gave him honorary citizenship.

June 25, 2007 was proclaimed ‘Gennaro Ivan Rino Gattuso Day’ and locals crowded into the Acura 2000 venue to salute the World Cup winner.

“I didn’t expect this. I am truly honoured,” said the midfielder and native Calabrian before he was whisked to the Le Parc centre for a charity gala.

Gattuso’s tour of North America is not over yet, as he will also visit the Milan Club in Brampton and fly to New York for a fundraiser of the Italian Children Foundation on Wednesday.
dst
LOL!! biggrin.gif

Well done Gatto!! devil.gif
Tennie
And he has an official fan club too! It's run by a couple of his childhood friends in Calabria.

Gattuso Fan Club Homepage
bigmacmtl
Gennaro Gattuso’s visit to Oshawa saw over 2,500 fans come to greet him and June 25 declared Gattuso Day.

The large Calabrian community in the area invited the Milan and Italy star to the city near Toronto and Mayor John Gray gave him honorary citizenship.

June 25, 2007 was proclaimed ‘Gennaro Ivan Rino Gattuso Day’ and locals crowded into the Acura 2000 venue to salute the World Cup winner.

“I didn’t expect this. I am truly honoured,” said the midfielder and native Calabrian before he was whisked to the Le Parc centre for a charity gala.

Gattuso’s tour of North America is not over yet, as he will also visit the Milan Club in Brampton and fly to New York for a fundraiser of the Italian Children Foundation on Wednesday.
Fillipo Simone
Gattuso Wants Captain's Armband

The Milan midfielder wants to be the new Rossoneri's captain once Paolo Maldini decides to retire from the club.

Gennaro Gattuso has sent his candidature to be the new Milan captain, as the Italian international midfielder declared that he is ready to take the responsibilities to help lead the Rossoneri.

"If they had to ask me, I would take the responsibility to be the captain of Milan," confirmed Gattuso who will be starting his ninth season for the Rossoneri following his experiences with Perugia, Glasgow Rangers and Salernitana.

His main 'competitor' for this role is Massimo Ambrosini, who last season wore the captain's armband when Paolo Maldini was not available, but in the past, President Silvio Berlusconi had already stated his desire to see 'Ringhio' captain Milan to more success.

With the Rossoneri, Gattuso won everything there was to win, including three Champions League trophies and one Serie A title.[/B]
Rossoneri7
Gattuso deserves it. Though he is a tempermental player, he has (shockingly), maybe just 2 yellow cards huh.gif in the CL last season .. So that shows you maturity biggrin.gif

Forza Gattuso devil.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 9 2007, 01:11 PM)
Gattuso deserves it. Though he is a tempermental player, he has (shockingly), maybe just 2 yellow cards huh.gif in the CL last season .. So that shows you maturity biggrin.gif

Forza Gattuso devil.gif

Thus there were situations in which he was on the verge of being excluded.

This would be unfair to Ambrosini. If Massimo gets a place in the starting 11, he should be without any question captain. If not, well, I would nominee Nesta or Pirlo,..(it would be really weird seeing Pippo with the armband, wouldn`t it be? tongue.gif ). I think Gattuso is a soldier, he is a fighter more than a commander. Everything the armband gives in the motivational segment Gattuso allready posseses. But the captain has to be rational, he has to bee first in order to stop a fight or put his authority infront of the ref or opposite player, rather then be the first who starts the fight. Thats the reason why I don`t want him as captain.

And yes, he is learning, but still, when it comes to the captains amrband, I really wanna be 100% sure that I can count on his responsible reaction. And that with Rino,..you never know,.. rolleyes.gif
arivanjj
ok let's not talk about captain's armband yet. i'm still hoping for Paolo to change his mind and play for another three years! biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jul 9 2007, 05:23 PM)
ok let's not talk about captain's armband yet. i'm still hoping for Paolo to change his mind and play for another three years! biggrin.gif

Paolo Maldini is the Captain !

Just as Baresi was the Captain !

No one can take that away from them. Not Kaka and not Gattuso, that is all I know king.gif

But the arm band ... Hehe I think of it like a slut, nowadays tongue.gif Ambro no Gattuso no Maldini nop Shevchen.. NO !! Maldini no Kaka no Nesta hehe cool.gif
dst
Try to focus on the upcoming season Gennaro and then try shhh!! God is your captain!! sleep.gif
misha
Ambro is second in line (and rightfully so).
misha
Gattuso Wants Revenge Over Boca Juniors

Milan symbol Rino Gattuso declared that his first objective for the new season is to avenge the 2003 defeat against Boca Juniors in the Intercontinental Cup final.

Speaking to "Radio Deejay" microphones, Milan's midfield battler Gennaro "Rino" Gattuso is ready to begin a challenging new season in the league as well as in the cup competitions:

"I can't wait for the 23rd of July so I can begin training again with my team mates, this summer we rested well and for a long time so there are no alibis. All I ask for the new season is health, the rest of it will be down to our strength.

"Objectives? I still haven't digested the loss against Boca Juniors in the Intercontinental Cup final", he revealed.

Today it's the first anniversary of Italy's World Cup triumph in Germany, which Gattuso reminisced about as follows: "Never as then did I fight against time, I remember the hours prior to the game, I thought about what could happen if we took the lead or viceversa and I felt a pain in my stomach that I had never felt before."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.