Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fifa World Player of the Year
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
agenth
Cannavaro Fabio 498
Zidane Zinedine 454
Ronaldinho 380
Henry Thierry 317
Eto'o Samuel 300
Drogba Didier 150
Kaká 139
Buffon Gianluigi 118
Pirlo Andrea 86
Cristiano Ronaldo 69
Ballack Michael 53
Gerrard Steven 48
Klose Miroslav 46
Lampard Frank 31
Deco 25
Figo Luis 20
Riquelme Juan Roman 16
Ribery Franck 16
Rooney Wayne 16
Gattuso Gennaro 15
Shevchenko Andriy 14
Vieira Patrick 13
Essien Michael 13
Cech Petr 11
Nesta Alessandro 9
Thuram Lilian 8
Lehmann Jens 6
Lahm Philipp 3
Adriano 2
LaPalma
Canna did it again....not that he deserve to be the Worlds best player, but I guess if team wins the WC someone of that team just has to be World player of the year....
Anyway, I'd prefer him to Ronaldinho any day.
arivanjj
Congrats to him and i think he he desereved it, Well done Canna. king.gif
Portman
World's best defender deserved it.

Ronaldinho shouldn't even be on the top 3.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 18 2006, 11:40 PM)

Yap. But in this case the name is more important than the performance...
X-Offender
Who the hell voted Adriano? laugh.gif
agenth
http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/awards/gala/0,...rticleid=128156
here you can see who voted for whom.

the captains of SRI LANKA and EQUATORIAL GUINEA each gave a 3rd place vote to Adriano.

I don't know if Canna deserved this huh.gif rolleyes.gif unsure.gif
arivanjj
Haha.. Gattuso came before Shevchenko..
bigmacmtl
na he deserved it. golden ball and world player of the year award this year is prety much based on a players performace in their domestic league,CL and the world cup. we cant forget that juve's domestic success is based on a great defence and cannavaro is the heart of their defence that won them games were juve offered very little, not only that cannavaro scored lots of crucial goals that won them games, he was alright in CL and was the best player at the world cup. CANNAVARO deserved it.
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 18 2006, 05:32 PM)
Canna did it again....not that he deserve to be the Worlds best player, but I guess if team wins the WC someone of that team just has to be World player of the year....
milanistar
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 18 2006, 10:32 PM)

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 18 2006, 10:35 PM)
Congrats to him and i think he he desereved it, Well done Canna. king.gif

QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 18 2006, 10:40 PM)

QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Dec 19 2006, 12:49 AM)
na he deserved it. golden ball and world player of the year award this year is prety much based on a players performace in their domestic league,CL and the world cup. we cant forget that juve's domestic success is based on a great defence and cannavaro is the heart of their defence that won them games were juve offered very little, not only that cannavaro scored lots of crucial goals that won them games, he was alright in CL and was the best player at the world cup. CANNAVARO deserved it.

Funnuy people laugh.gif
By the way, are you people jalous of R10 or what?
I think thins guy is the most talented football player ever after D10G!
Well, actually I'm quite sure of it biggrin.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 19 2006, 01:17 PM)
Funnuy people laugh.gif

cannavaro this year was constantly at top, every game he was a stand-out..

and ronaldinho.. pffff.... yeah u could say he had some high performances but that only happened every once in a while. the other days he was just plain sh1t and not to mention the world cup, he just was not up for this award.. and oh this award is not a life-time award it's only for the year that's been.
milanistar
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 19 2006, 03:09 AM)
cannavaro this year was constantly at top, every game he was a stand-out..

and ronaldinho.. pffff.... yeah u could say he had some high performances but that only happened every once in a while. the other days he was just plain sh1t and not to mention the world cup, he just was not up for this award.. and oh this award is not a life-time award it's only for the year that's been.

Oh yeah, he just won the Liga and CL, and made it to the quarter final of the WC rolleyes.gif He had a great season, his best!

It's a shame, Buffon would be so much better choice!

By the way, I never said R10 should have won it, I was just noticing that some of you seem to have a problem with him!

Anyway this award sucks just as all the individual awards in any collective game!
My thought!
arivanjj
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 19 2006, 02:58 PM)
Oh yeah, he just won the Liga and CL, and made it to the quarter final of the WC rolleyes.gif He had a great season, his best!

By the way, I never said R10 should have won it, I was just noticing that some of you seem to have a problem with him!

Anyway this award sucks just as all the individual awards in any collective game!
My thought!

La liga and CL because?? ooh i tell you wat if it wasn't for Etoo, that team would've really stuggled, well at least he did half of the work.
and please don't mention the world cup cause ronaldinho was one of the worst players of the tournement...
LaPalma
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 19 2006, 04:58 AM)

My thought!

Hmmm, great so he won the CL and La Liga so what and made it to the WC quarterfinals...wow. Deco for example also won the CL, La Liga and even made it to the Seminfinals of the WC, so shouldn't he be nominated as the Worlds best player? I don#t think so.
Ronaldinhos performance in the CL finals was barely poor, he almost wasn't there. Old Larsson had to decide this one. And in the WC....what exactly did he do? Walking over the pitch like a ghost? He did as much for the Quarterfinal as let's say Cicinho, even the fattie Ronaldo was much better than him...
On the other hand I don't deny that he's a very talented player, but I could also score around 10 goals in La Liga if the Ref is giving me a penalty every second game...
But yes, he can also be a very impressive player (but not often enough for me...)
Rossoneri7
ZINADINE ZIDANE !!!!!!!!!!

He came second and he's retiered ... hah !
Portman
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 19 2006, 02:17 AM)
Funnuy people laugh.gif

Ronaldinho at the World Cup was nothing. And that was the most important tournament in football this year. And he "wasn't there".
misha
According to the WC he deserve it. But overall? I'm not so sure
LaPalma
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 19 2006, 02:05 PM)
ZINADINE ZIDANE !!!!!!!!!!
He came second and he's retiered ... hah !

ZZ forever!!!!
milanistar
Ok, R10 was awful in WC, but still I don't think canna deserves it!
We all know that in a WC year the award goes to the WC winner, and when I look to all the Italian players Buffon is my first choice!
By the way, I repeat what I've said before "I never said R10 should have won the trophy!"
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 18 2006, 09:17 PM)
Funnuy people laugh.gif

hahah so since when does talent alone win you a trophy??? I'm sure ronaldinho better is aplayer than cannavaro. but really ronaldinho did nothing at the world cup, in CL he was good but not the reason barca won it. Guys like eto'o,deco and puyol played just as good if not better than ronnie. the only place he was really dominant was in la liga. it's hard to award ronnie again when he's overall performances has dropped since last year.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 19 2006, 10:08 AM)
ZZ forever!!!!

come on, zidane is good but he shouldnt even be in the top 5. Riquelme is better than him. france almost dint advance from the groupe stage where he DID NOTHING, he had his 2 good games vs. spain and brazil. against portugal he dint do much and in the finals we all know what he did. He did barely anything in liga besides he's usual performances and did **** all in CL.
milanistar
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Dec 19 2006, 08:05 PM)
come on, zidane is good but he shouldnt even be in the top 5. Riquelme is better than him. france almost dint advance from the groupe stage where he DID NOTHING, he had his 2 good games vs. spain and brazil. against portugal he dint do much and in the finals we all know what he did. He did barely anything in liga besides he's usual performances and did **** all in CL.

Are you serious about that laugh.gif
misha
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 19 2006, 10:19 PM)
Are you serious about that  laugh.gif

He meant last year
GULLIVER
WC this year was more and more important then each and every domestic league and CL. So Cannavaro deserved it even for WC ONLY
X-Offender
Cannavaro won it just because he was captain of Italy and held the World Cup in first place. I'm still of the idea that if Pirlo or Gattuso would have been captain, they would have been awarded instead of Canna.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.