Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jankulovski
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mpok
will he be a starter for us this season?
misha
QUOTE (mpok @ Sep 10 2006, 09:21 PM)

I hope so. He did a good job as a LB with his national team. But the problem is that Ancelotti don't trust him.

BTW: Welcome to the forum
mpok
Thank you.

He is quality player and i was personally much exited when we got him from Udinese. After recovering from his injuries he had a great end to the last season. I have him on my UEFA CL Fantasy team and contemplating if i should trade him before it starts.

Also why Ancelotti don't trust him? I was not aware of this.
GULLIVER
I think he'll have more playing time this season, cause Serginio is old, and will get tired in the mid season.
misha
QUOTE (mpok @ Sep 10 2006, 09:39 PM)
Also why Ancelotti don't trust him? I was not aware of this.

Last year he used him as Seedorf sub and didn't gave him enough opportunities overall.
Portman
QUOTE (mpok @ Sep 10 2006, 06:21 PM)

I really hope so. rolleyes.gif
mpok
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 10 2006, 03:14 PM)
Last year he used him as Seedorf sub and didn't gave him enough opportunities overall.

i thought he was injured majority of the last season and just got back to being100% last month or so. but i guess the fact he wasn't playing today makes your point stronger or maybe Ancelotti is saying him for CL game. i just we have to wait and see.
Fillipo Simone
I fear that Carlo will use Janku as a Seedorf sub, and not for Seginho. For the LB he will bring Kaladze or Guiseppe "the joke" Favalli... rolleyes.gif
dst
No way!!!! mad.gif Serginho is Silvio's girlfriend or something!!!!! realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif

Oh and ... welcome mpok!!!! smile.gif
arivanjj
Jankulovksi Wants To End Career At Milan

The wing-back promised he will never leave the Rossoneri after recently signing a new deal with the club which will tie him down till 2011.

Marek Jankulovksi is convinced that there will not be any other team except Milan for him, from now till the end of his career.

The Czech player just recently extended his contract with the Rossoneri which will now expire in June of 2011, thus tying him to the club till he's in his mid-30s.

"At the end of my new contract I will have 34 years of age, an age in which I don't think I will want to move anywhere else.

"I'm not a star of the team, like Kaka or Ronaldo are, but I enjoy being part of this group."

Jankulovksi joined Milan last season from Udinese, but his first year was marred by injuries which did not allow him to express all of his potential. This season he has fared much better and is part of Carlo Ancelotti's starting eleven.

goal.com
arivanjj
king.gif king.gif smile.gif
Tennie
cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

(from acmilan.com)A.C. MILAN OFFICIAL NOTE
10/22/2007
MILAN - The footballer Marek Jankulovski, who was injured during the Milan-Empoli match, was subjected to a magnetic resonance test that evidenced an injury to the external meniscus of his right knee. In the next few days the player will be subjected to more tests.
Zed.D
^^

Damn! it looks serious. so... we're fvcked up cause he's likely to miss CWC.
Rossoneri7
Enter Il Concord cool.gif
Bluesummers
nooo janku!!!!!!!! We need you. I love him, he's my fav LB in the world.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Oct 22 2007, 03:49 PM)
nooo janku!!!!!!!! We need you.  I love him, he's my fav LB in the world.

Same!! He is the best. I already miss him.
Tennie
I hesitate to suggest this, because it makes me sound like a cheerleader (and as a geek I hated cheerleaders in high school).

But...maybe we should send a group 'get well card' to Janku. I like him too!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 22 2007, 05:56 PM)
I hesitate to suggest this, because it makes me sound like a cheerleader (and as a geek I hated cheerleaders in high school).

But...maybe we should send a group 'get well card' to Janku. I like him too!

Great idea. I support we doing this. Everyone we'll sign it, we'll print it off and either mail it to him, or email it by attaching it to an ecard.
KillerMax
Sure, why not. He is one of the players who is always trying hard. He deserves the support.
Zed.D
That's... well, if doable, a great move.
Zed.D
Marek's undergone a right knee meniscus surgery this morning.

That is a BLOW for us.
Sorry guys...
dst
Oh! So that means he'll be out for... how long? sad.gif
Darunia
My guess is 6-8 weeks at least... but maybe 2-3 months I don't know.
Jack Sparrow
Ooh yeah...grimi's coming back...cool.gif

I told em...I told em all...but noooo...they have to get the buck toothed Brazillian.

realmad.gif
misha
So it's gonna be Favalli or Kaladze for now sad.gif Maybe Serginho can come back to his good fort but I'm not expecting much.
dst
We should play Kaladze at LB. He's actually worth a little something there! When Paolo doesn't play, Kala should move to the center with Favalli/Serginho taking his place.
Darunia
40 days according to Channel 4. My guess is a bit longer, plus he has to regain match fitness.
fresh_prince7
Wow, that is a massive loss.

Oddo and janku are so vital to our setup.
Zed.D
Just 40 days? that's a joke! I think he'll be out until the new year.
Rossoneri7
^^^
So where did u get ur doctor's license from tongue.gif
Bluesummers
ohmy.gif unsure.gif I hope we use kala in LB and Bonera in the middle. Sigh, seedorf has to step it up or we won't be having a left side attack.
Jack Sparrow
I hope we use kala in LB and Bonera in the middle. Sigh, seedorf has to step it up or we won't be having a left side attack.

Seedorf has this habit of stepping it up, when we need it, and/or when we think he won't!

The Bayern match last season away. I was convinced we were goners.
Rossoneri7
Its seems as though Janku will be out for sometime now sad.gif

Reports are stating that he suffering from (i dont know what it is, something in his foot) and it has been this way for the past two months !

I hope he gets back in time. We need him
Tennie
It's his meniscus - connective tissue in the knee - that was operated on. Hopefully he hasn't reinjured it. sad.gif
Darunia
Anyone know when Janku will be back? They shouldn't rush him like last time..
Tennie
Dare we hope for more good news?

From a press conference today (link)

[FINALLY I AM WELL......Personally I hope to be at the coach's disposition Sunday against Siena, but it depends on how the training goes.]

Finalmente sto bene [snip] Personalmente spero di essere già a disposizione del mister domenica contro il Siena, ma bisogna comunque vedere come andranno gli allenamenti.

Long interview with Janku in Italian, highlight above.

It seems he's over the injury. He admits he rushed the return to be back for the CWC and paid the price. Says he's now ready to play. Also says he'd be thrilled if Zambrotta came to the club and that if necessary he wouldn't mind playing in midfield - he's been fielded there before for his NT and when he was at Udinese.
Tennie
BUON COMPLEANNO MAREK!
09/05/2008
MILANO - Compleanno in casa Milan: tantissimi affettuosi auguri a Marek Jankulovski che, nato il 9 maggio 1977, spegne oggi 31 candeline. Da tutti i rossoneri, buon compleanno Marek!

Happy Birthday, Marek! 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif
arivanjj
Happy Birthday!!! hope to see a better year from you next season smile.gif
Zed.D
Happy birthday, Marek. devil.gif

I really like him smile.gif hope he can stay away from injuries next season.
dst
He's been unlucky since he joined us... in his first season he did not even feature once and this season he barely played. But he was there last season, he helped us lift the trophy! smile.gif

Still, he has scored the best goal of our season. Here!

Happy Birthday Janku!!! smile.gif
Ry4n
Happy Birthday Marek !!!!!
acid911
Bundle of wishes for you Jank! sleepysmiley03.gif
dst
OBJECTIVE: NO MISTAKES!
5/9/2008 6:10:00 PM

On the day of his 31st birthday, Marek Jankulovski gave a press conference at the Milanello sporting center two days before the match at the San Paolo stadium. - THE DECLARATIONS -

MILANELLO - Here are the declarations made by Milan defender Marek Jankulovski, who gave a press conference at Milanello today:

Sunday you have the match against Napoli at San Siro...
"Certainly Sunday's game against Napoli will not be an easy game because Napoli already showed their strength at home and for them it will be their last home game of the season. We should have the only objective to get the three points."

Marek, how's your knee?
"I feel good now, the knee isn't bothering me anymore, and I hope it won't give me any problems in the future. I had already come back for the Club World Cup in Japan, but then I had to stop again each time."

How do you see the team during training?
"I think we're in good form, we've waited a long time to reach the fourth place and now we're there we know it only depends on us to keep it. We have more motivation now, again it only depends on Milan."

The balance of your season?
"It's not been a lost year for me, but it's been difficult. I still scored a goal in the European Supercup and participated to the Club World Cup in Japan, I'm only disappointed not to have given a bigger contribution to Milan so from that point of view it wasn't a good year for me, but I hope to be in better shape next year."

What should change to do better next season in the league?
"Next year we should be more careful, like we were in the derby even though we played very well. We know we are far from Inter and next season we will have to start strongly in the league. We lacked a bit of consistency. This season we did less than we could in certain matches that were easy on paper, now we have two left in which we cannot afford any missteps."

After eight years you will return in Naples on Sunday. What has changed for you in these years?
“After all this time I have improved from the technical-tactical level. When I played at Napoli I was at the start of my Italian experience and I believe that in these years I have grown under all point of views.”

How do you see Gilardino in this period?
“I think that Alberto will not be very happy like any player who finds less space than others, but I’m convinced that he will return at his best like he was in his first year here."

Would you play in midfielder as an alternative?
“When I played at Udinese under Spalletti I was played on the right hand side, but lately as a left back I find myself quite well even with the national team.”

You’re Nedved’s friend, what do you think he will decide for his future?
“I know Nedved well, both as a friend as well as a national team-mate and I hope that he continues to play for Juventus and maybe even for the European Championships in June. I hope that he thinks about it and he comes to help us out because I just found out that Rosicky will not take part to the European Championships and Nedved could help us a lot, but this will only and exclusively depend from his decision."

What do you think of a possible arrival of Zambrotta or other champions
like Amauri or Ronaldinho at Milan?
“I consider Zambrotta to be a very strong player who could help us out both on the right hand side as well as the left hand side, because he can cover many roles. If great champions arrive, they are welcome because we need reinforcements for the team. Even Amauri is another strong player, but for him, for Ronaldinho and for all the purchases, it must be the club and coach who decide.”
KillerMax
Janku! devil.gif Happy birthday!

biggrin.gif
morgoth
Il difensore del Milan Jankulovski e' stato scelto quale miglior giocatore ceco del 2007. Lo ha eletto una giuria di giocatori e allenatori. Jankulovski ha superato Petr Cech (393) ed il centrocampista dell'Arsenal Tomas Rosicky (361).

Janku has been elected the best Czech player of 2007 cool.gif
vnata001
A few minutes ago Janku scored a fantastic free kick against England in their friendly.
gal_kenny
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Aug 20 2008, 09:07 PM) *
A few minutes ago Janku scored a fantastic free kick against England in their friendly.

Jankulovski has been scoring goals of late...He could help us in defense too..And i told myself today that Marek Jankulovski would score a goal today against England and it has happened..
acid911
He's having a fun period. tongue.gif If he continues like this, I'd say our LB position is set in stone for the season.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Aug 20 2008, 08:10 PM) *
Jankulovski has been scoring goals of late...He could help us in defense too..And i told myself today that Marek Jankulovski would score a goal today against England and it has happened..

Janku has always been one of my favorite players. I remember that one goal he did against Sevilla.

Either way, he's an impressive player who makes great runs. I hope he stays in great form.
acid911
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Aug 21 2008, 01:10 AM) *
And i told myself today that Marek Jankulovski would score a goal today against England and it has happened..

If I were you, I'd have told that acid911 would win $256 million via a lottery ticket today. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.