Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vieri quits Sampdoria after only a month
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
4827saviola611
ROME, Aug 10 (Reuters) - Italian striker Christian Vieri has quit Sampdoria just one month after signing for the Serie A club, the team said on Thursday.

The 33-year-old former Italian international transferred to Sampdoria in July from French league side Monaco, where he played just seven times before injury ended his hopes of playing for Italy at the 2006 World Cup.

The Genoa club said in a statement on its website the decision to part ways with Vieri came after a "serene" meeting between the player and Sampdoria's Chief Executive Giuseppe Marotta who agreed "the conditions no longer existed" to continue their relationship.

Vieri started his career with Prato in Italy's third division in 1989 and made his Serie A debut with Torino in 1991.

He had short stints with Atalanta and Juventus before joining Spanish side Atletico Madrid.

He returned to Italy at the start of the 1998-99 season to play for Lazio and a year later moved to Inter Milan for a then world-record $49 million.

Vieri spent six seasons at Inter, scoring 102 goals in 143 appearances, finishing leading scorer in Serie A in 2003 with 24 goals and establishing himself as Italy's best centre forward.

Sign him MILAN
KillerMax
QUOTE (4827saviola611 @ Aug 10 2006, 11:26 AM)
Sign him MILAN

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
I will seriously reconsider somethings if that happened...
YoungGun
However, he's better than Boriello.
KillerMax
QUOTE (YoungGun @ Aug 11 2006, 01:36 AM)

Not now... He used to be one of the best strikers in the world... But now, I would take Boriello over him anyday!
X-Offender
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 11 2006, 08:48 AM)
Not now... He used to be one of the best strikers in the world... But now, I would take Boriello over him anyday!

Agreed.
han2503
Yet another Inter casualty
rjpado
seems like he's not good enough for sampdoria.
sampdoria < milan.
if he's not good enough in sampdoria, he's not good enough for milan!
does make sense to me that he comes back to milan.
amancik
Ardemagni over Vieri!
dudernahata
we tried this already, didnt work
sansiro1708
VIERI!!! :devilsmiley: is the greatest i just think that milan should sell amoroso and put bobo like 4th striker he just needs time and im also worried that time is pasing by and no new striker... :unsure:

FORZA MILAN
FORZ A BOBO
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
jbryant1
This guys got some major issues doesn't he.

Drops out of Italy and they win the World Cup...

Wins the golden flop award and quits Milan.
KillerMax
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Aug 17 2006, 04:16 PM)
This guys got some major issues doesn't he.

Drops out of Italy and they win the World Cup...

Wins the golden flop award and quits Milan.

You can't forget his Inter days though... He was unstoppable! He reminds me of Mike Tyson. All that made him great was his crazyness. When he lost that, he lost his game too.
jbryant1
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 17 2006, 02:48 PM)
You can't forget his Inter days though... He was unstoppable! He reminds me of Mike Tyson. All that made him great was his crazyness. When he lost that, he lost his game too.

No doubt Vieri had one season where he was one of the best strikers in the world and has been strong in through his career.

Recently he's went AWOL.
KillerMax
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Aug 18 2006, 12:33 AM)
No doubt Vieri had one season where he was one of the best strikers in the world and has been strong in through his career.

Recently he's went AWOL.

It wasn't only one season. Only his last season with Inter he was a bit out of form. And after that he went straight downhill! He was great from 99-03.
sansiro1708
i still think he will be a great 3rd or 4th striker
misha
QUOTE (sansiro1708 @ Aug 18 2006, 09:05 AM)
i still think he will be a great 3rd or 4th striker

I think he will be great in bringing towels to the players smile.gif
Rossoneri7
Shows how much of a profesional person he is .. to leave Samp in just 1 month ..

But I bet you that he bagged $$$ in Monaco seeing as it is a tax-free state
Costacurta
I think its clear Vieri's career is over. He could have had a nice sing off season with Sampdoria, and we'd have had fond memories of what was a great striker in his day. Frankly, he just seems like a fool now. Not needed anywhere near Milan (only at Inter)
arivanjj
QUOTE (Costacurta @ Aug 19 2006, 01:08 AM)
and we'd have had fond memories of what was a great striker in his day.

he just got rejected by juve, and yeah its a great shame to see a striker with his past to get deperate like this.
dst
QUOTE (YoungGun @ Aug 11 2006, 10:36 AM)

What the f@ck is so wrong with Boriello??? he's always joked around while he's a decent
24 year old striker that never got a chance mad.gif

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Aug 22 2006, 01:15 PM)
he just got rejected by juve, and yeah its a great shame to see a striker with his past to get deperate like this.

since we missed out on Sobis ... I guess we should sign him??? I'm desperate sad.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 22 2006, 08:35 PM)
I guess we should sign him??? I'm desperate  sad.gif

haha, very funny.
dst
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Aug 22 2006, 01:42 PM)
haha, very funny.

I'm not making fun of you. You want Ronaldo, I utterly disagree with you but I respect your opinion. Respect me too when I say I don't want him!!!!
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 22 2006, 08:44 PM)
I'm not making fun of you. You want Ronaldo, I utterly disagree with you but I respect your opinion. Respect me too when I say I don't want him!!!!

don't get the wrong idea, im not trying to disrespect your opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.