Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Football, It's Not-A-Changing!!!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
dst
I like football a lot as it is nowadays.People have always been talking about "how football used to be so great".Nah. I don't agree ... I've seen football matches of other decades and it was slooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww.I didn't like it.

However I think something should be changed.Not anything big, like reduction of the number of players but maybe ... I don't know .. sometimes it looks to me that a point award system could work .

Anyway ... season matches should be fewer, footballers get tired.I know, I know they're payed more than enough but still it's too much!!!

What do YOU think? huh.gif
LaPalma
I think a football player that gets tired because he has to do some sport by beeing on the pitch for 90 minutes twice a weak is not worth his money. I mean honestly, these guys have a pretty good live, they train for 4 hours a day or maybe even less. And they earn wages up to 200.000 € a week. they can do something for that!
I don't think the game football itself has to be changed, it's the best sport in the world and couldn't be improved in any way. I've seen games from other decades too, and I found them pretty amazing. The match between Germany and the Netherlands in the WC 1990 8my first entire live football match biggrin.gif )...WOW such an amazing game!!! Or the extra time in the 1970 semi final Germany vs. Italy.... you just sit there with an open mouth and say "Wow...they played great football at that time!!!"
What should be changed in football is the things around it. It don't like the big business football is nowadays, people don't focus enough on the sport itself. They're just interested in David Beckhams new hair style, the weight of Ronaldo or who Patrick Kluivert smashed up last weekend.
Plus, the Calciopolli verdict has shown that such cheating isn't punished hard enough (good for us). Who will stop cheating and manipulating games after this verdict?
I also don't like the way new clubs emerge after the success of Chelski. Every rich dickhead wants to copy Chelski, such clubs have no heart and no tradition.
This is the things that should be changed, not the game itself.
dst
I agree with what you said excpet the calciopooli verdicts not being sever enough.Man I hate such criticism ... what did you German do with the Robert Hoyzer scandal???Was there any investigation on whether any team had any benefit from his deeds? No you didn't.And neither did we Greeks in a situation alike.Spaniards??They've done nothing at all, no investigation ever and to think that small teams are always complaining about calls that Real and (more rarely) Barca get ...What about the French? yeah they did relegate Marseille but what about Bernard Tapie??He was left unharmed because he was a member of Parliament .... Nah. Bullsh1t!!!!

Italians did more than anyone ... relegating Juventus, striping them of two titles and still giving them a point deduction along with three more teams is big!!!!
Portman
Footballer's wives should strip in halftime.

Then, I would go to Madrid every weekend to see some hotties like the Casillas one: http://megafone.fotopages.com/?entry=821394

Now, serious... no big changes. Maybe kick Markus Merk out of football... rolleyes.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 29 2006, 10:58 PM)
I agree with what you said excpet the calciopooli verdicts not being sever enough.Man I hate such criticism ... what did you German do with the Robert Hoyzer scandal???Was there any investigation on whether any team had any benefit from his deeds? No you didn't.And neither did we Greeks in a situation alike.Spaniards??They've done nothing at all, no investigation ever and to think that small teams are always complaining about calls that Real and (more rarely) Barca get ...What about the French? yeah they did relegate Marseille but what about Bernard Tapie??He was left unharmed because he was a member of Parliament .... Nah. Bullsh1t!!!!

Italians did more than anyone ... relegating Juventus, striping them of two titles and still giving them a point deduction along with three more teams is big!!!!

The only thing I said is: It wasn't enough! The Hoyzer scandal was investigated for many weeks and almost everyone involved was discovered. The Hamburger SV, who was a villain of the were paid of by the DFB (German football association). In addition the Caliciopolli trial had much larger scale than the Hoyzer scandal.
But anyway, even here in Germany the punishment wasn't hard enough, Hoyzer should have been put in prison. Same for the scandals in the other countries. i haven't said they were better handling this kinda problems...
dst
I just felt like rumbling that stuff necause the other day I saw L'equipe reading Verdicts in Italy were a joke or something like that.Shut the fck up, will you???
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 29 2006, 11:11 PM)
Shut the fck up, will you???

Ahem...why should I???
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 30 2006, 02:13 AM)
Ahem...why should I???

That wasn;t meant for you pal!!!!! ohmy.gif
It was for the French ofcourse!!!
LaPalma
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jul 29 2006, 11:04 PM)
Footballer's wives should strip in halftime.

Then, I would go to Madrid every weekend to see some hotties like the Casillas one: http://megafone.fotopages.com/?entry=821394

Now, serious... no big changes. Maybe kick Markus Merk out of football...  rolleyes.gif

Hmm....Madrid seems to be better than I thought it is... biggrin.gif
But you should consider taking a trip to Hamburg... Silvie van der Vaart can take on Casillas girlfriend easily....

Portman
Hamburg... gotta write it somewhere... biggrin.gif
dudernahata
but if u go to madrid u can see victoria beckham smile.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dudernahata @ Jul 30 2006, 07:56 PM)

Ugh...that skinny little stupid ex starlet? No, thanks...
Portman
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 30 2006, 08:15 PM)

I would love to see that if she was 1 metre away from you... (what an orgasm). biggrin.gif
mishie

yes please!! biggrin.gif
LaPalma

Rossoneri7
I think more subs, since tieredness is what most of u claim, having more subs versus lesser games .. Just cant have enough of the game, so no to reduction of # of games tongue.gif
dudernahata
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 30 2006, 01:38 PM)

i suppose u like german girls then wink.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dudernahata @ Jul 30 2006, 09:39 PM)
i suppose u like german girls then wink.gif

I do...

I like other woman too...to be honest I don't care where they're from biggrin.gif
But Victoria Beckham is really not my type, i've always prefered that other Spice girl with the red hair...
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 31 2006, 01:03 PM)
But Victoria Beckham is really not my type, i've always prefered that other Spice girl with the red hair...

yeah I liked her too ... but then she got too skinny too didn't she?And the blonde bimbo was beautiful too ....

I guess Heidi is also "lookable" ... rolleyes.gif

Maybe those girls should strip in halftime???
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 31 2006, 10:09 AM)
yeah I liked her too ... but then she got too skinny too didn't she?And the blonde bimbo was beautiful too ....

I guess Heidi is also "lookable" ...  rolleyes.gif

Maybe those girls should strip in halftime???

Would be a great idea... but noone would leave their seats to get new beer ( or whatever one wants to drink or eat) biggrin.gif
dst
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
03/11/2006 14.23
UEFA Considering Temporary Send-Offs?

The long-term aftermath of the recent Champions League match between Barcelona and Chelsea at Nou Camp could be significant.

UEFA is now considering temporary dismissals, aka sin-bins, for players -- like those in the aforementioned Champions League tie -- who harass the match officials. Goal.com's Pat Walsh explored a related idea back in May in his piece "Walsh: How About Seeing Blue Rather Than Red?"

William Gaillard, UEFA's communications director, suggested the ice hockey-esque and rugby-esque idea of sin-bins this week. "Maybe football could learn something from rugby, where the word of the referee is respected and not contested," he said.

"It's becoming a bad habit; everyone has something to say.

"It's not easy to apply the 10-yard rule to football but there are other ideas which could be brought in to tackle this, maybe temporary sendings-off."

England experimented with the 10-yard rule, whereby referees could move free kicks 10 yards closer to the goal in situations where the players overstepped the boundaries in how they confronted match officials. FIFA decided not to adopt the idea.

goal.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dst
hmm ... not such a bad idea ! unsure.gif

Especially when Chelski play FC Hype !! rolleyes.gif
That first half was shameless. By the way the ref blew it, at least two red cards should have been shown in the first half only !! puke.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 3 2006, 08:01 PM)
hmm ... not such a bad idea !  unsure.gif

Especially when Chelski play FC Hype !! rolleyes.gif
That first half was shameless. By the way the ref blew it, at least two red cards should have been shown in the first half only !! puke.gif

I think he got a bit of spanking after the derby, he didn't seem shy to show them during that match rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.