Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers 2019

X-Offender
post May 4 2021, 10:06 PM
Post #991

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Gone are the days when CL was a deal breaker. Nowadays, if you present to someone an interesting project and a rich contract they'll sign immediately. Mourinho will earn 7M per season, and management must have promised him a decent enough signing campaign.

In other news, I keep reading a lot about Rodrigo De Paul. We're offering Hauge + money to Udinese. Makes me wonder what is the point, considering the wings are a more pressing matter. Unless we've targeted him as Hakan's replacement...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 4 2021, 10:20 PM
Post #992

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Or it's just a strategy to lower Hakan's demands. Either way, I'm completely unimpressed with De Paul and also baffled about the way we treat Hauge. Sure, he didn't turn out (yet) as a big signing. But he's in principle everything we ought to be: cheap signing, no big contract, young and talented. Scored against Samp, Napoli, made more then a couple of decent games yet still gets less and less time compared to Krunić or the completely ineffective Samu.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 4 2021, 11:34 PM
Post #993

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 4 2021, 10:20 PM) *
Or it's just a strategy to lower Hakan's demands. Either way, I'm completely unimpressed with De Paul and also baffled about the way we treat Hauge. Sure, he didn't turn out (yet) as a big signing. But he's in principle everything we ought to be: cheap signing, no big contract, young and talented. Scored against Samp, Napoli, made more then a couple of decent games yet still gets less and less time compared to Krunić or the completely ineffective Samu.

Or even the inexplicable Leao for that matter. I guess Pioli just doesn't like Hauge.

Either way, assuming Hakan will stay, we need to sign three good forwards this summer: two wingers and one striker.

As much as I like Rebic, he's been completely underwhelming this season. And Saele can't be more than a decent backup.

Oh, and also ship out Leao to wherever.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 5 2021, 12:14 AM
Post #994

Primavera
Group Icon

Rebić is a curious player. But I think what's vital for him to play well is having a stable and consistent central striker. Also, Hernandez playing badly and Milan missing a dynamic/proper leftback option makes Rebić even less effective. Croatia had both in Strinić and Mandzukić and he usually delivered.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 5 2021, 12:32 AM
Post #995

Yeah, but besides not being involved you could also see him being pretty poor in his dribbling and touching of the ball. Many mistakes in passing or decision making. Maybe he just needs to play regularly to gain momentum and confidence, and obviously this season he's been in and out all the time.

Nevertheless, if we make CL next season we need two great wingers who can bring us that hoop in quality.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 5 2021, 11:20 AM
Post #996

Primavera
Group Icon

Of course.

+Quote Post

67 Pages V  « < 65 66 67
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2021 - 06:27 PM