Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Europa League 18/19: Milan matches
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Fillipo Simone
All Milan Europa League matches talk here. Starting with today's game against Dudelange.
CrazyMilanFan
Milan: Reina; Abate, Caldara, Romagnoli, Laxalt; Bertolacci, Mauri, Bakayoko; Borini, Higuain, Castillejo

Milan bench: G Donnarumma, Calabria, Calhanoglu, Zapata, Biglia, Halilovic, Kessie

Fillipo Simone
I'll be rooting for Reina and Caldara. Hopefully both can bench their woeful counterparts.
William405
Well, the team is just too different to expect something.
William405
Disjointed performance.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 20 2018, 06:47 PM) *
I'll be rooting for Reina and Caldara. Hopefully both can bench their woeful counterparts.

To be honest, Musacchio has been anything but woeful so far.
William405
Well, quite a mediocre performance. But, it was quite expected given the lineup that Gattuso fielded. Even if we were playing against a much weaker side, team chemistry is quite important.

I think I learned one or two things though in this match on some players:

Abate: The boy is done. He was really good at one point of his career. But, his days are over, I'm afraid.

Laxalt: The kid is good. But, I don't know where he can play. I'm pretty damn sure he won't be good enough as full back. Defensively speaking that is.

Bakayoko: Well, the guy seems okay. But...hmm I really don't see him adding anything. He can be a vice-Kessie maybe. But, not more. His football IQ is not so good imo. That is me being nice.

Castillejo: Very nice dribbling blabla. But, he doesn't have any end product. An okay player to have on the bench, but nothing more.

William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 20 2018, 11:53 PM) *

Yes, I agree.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 20 2018, 09:58 PM) *
Well, quite a mediocre performance. But, it was quite expected given the lineup that Gattuso fielded. Even if we were playing against a much weaker side, team chemistry is quite important.

Abate: The boy is done. He was really good at one point of his career. But, his days are over, I'm afraid.

Laxalt: The kid is good. But, I don't know where he can play. I'm pretty damn sure he won't be good enough as full back. Defensively speaking that is.

Bakayoko: Well, the guy seems okay. But...hmm I really don't see him adding anything. He can be a vice-Kessie maybe. But, not more. His football IQ is not so good imo. That is me being nice.

Castillejo: Very nice dribbling blabla. But, he doesn't have any end product. An okay player to have on the bench, but nothing more.

Honestly, I think we should have scored 2-3 more given the many chances we had. It was an average performance but certainly not a bad one. I liked that even in the 90th minute the players were running and pressing.

As for your player remarks, I agree about Abate and Bakayoko. Sure as hell we're never going to opt the purchase clause of 40M for this guy.

I think Laxalt can comfortably play in defense. He did so for Uruguay in the WC, and in those few showings for us he's demonstrated maturity and confidence.

Castillejo, to be honest, I liked. He's got skill, even though he lacks some end product as you said. Nevertheless, I need to see more of him, and he needs to be given more time.
han2503
Thanks for opening the thread Fillipo, I totally forgot to do it before hand and then I had to go out

I only caught glimpses of the game as I was out at a dinner gathering thing so I can't really comment, but barely scraping a 1-0 win against a team of part-timers does not look good

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 20 2018, 06:47 PM) *

Donna will never be benched. We're paying him 12m gross per year. Reina imo is better right now, especially with his feet but that's the way things are. Rino won't bench Donna

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 20 2018, 09:53 PM) *

Meh, I don't thin him and Romagnoli mesh well together. Our defensive play has been atrocious. Even against Roma, which was our best showing by far this season, we looked shaky at the back. We need to start playing Caldara there so him and Romagnoli can start to form an understanding with each other.

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 20 2018, 09:58 PM) *

Laxalt I'd personally start over Rodriguez any day of the week. Rodriguez is so slow, lethargic and predicatable that he's basically useless for us as an attacking outlet. And it's not like he's Maldini in the defensive phase either, so i'd rather Laxalt be the starter there

As for Castillejo, he's still young and new to the team. I see him the same way Suso was when he first came here. He'll develop his end product and cut out some of the play acting and needless flamboyance from his game as he'll quickly learn that Italy is no Spain
William405
Milan Atalanta kicking off soon!!
William405
Milan: G Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu

Atalanta: Gollini; Toloi, Palomino, Masiello; Castagne, De Roon, Freuler, Gosens; Pasalic; Gomez, Barrow
han2503
Sorry, no thread

Let's just talk here

GOALLL. HIGUAIN!!
han2503
biggrin.gif
William405
yewsssss! smile.gif
X-Offender
Our midfield is so frustrating. We might have passed the ball to Donnarumma about 10 times till now.
William405
We're playing like a team..so happy!
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2018, 07:17 PM) *
Our midfield is so frustrating. We might have passed the ball to Donnarumma about 10 times till now.

And donna isn't so good with his feet imo..
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 23 2018, 05:19 PM) *
We're playing like a team..so happy!

Are we? I don't see it. Our link-up play is non existent.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2018, 07:27 PM) *
Are we? I don't see it. Our link-up play is non existent.

On the attack, yes in my opinion.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 23 2018, 05:31 PM) *
On the attack, yes in my opinion.

Yes, but you can't be playing as a team when only defense and attack are working.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2018, 07:34 PM) *
Yes, but you can't be playing as a team when only defense and attack are working.

True. With that point I agree. Biglia and Kessie, very dissapointing..what can I say
han2503
I think we've been good so far. Especially considering what a bogey team Atalanta are for us
William405
Kessie is playing like 10 percent output...he needs to wake up..so frustrating to see someone not giving his best.
han2503
Our players should write a handbook on how to p!ss away counterattacks
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 23 2018, 05:46 PM) *
Kessie is playing like 10 percent output...he needs to wake up..so frustrating to see someone not giving his best.

I think we expect too much from Kessie. He's a physical player with a decent touch, but he's no Luka Modric. We push him too high up, and he doesn't always give his best. He needs to be sit in front of the defense, preferably with a partner at his side.

But it's not Kessie that's the problem here, it's mainly guys like Biglia, Bonaventura, Rodriguez and even Calabria, who can be absolutely useless when push comes to shove. They offer absolutely nothing, not only because they lack the skill, but because they lack the intelligence as well. Bona tries from time to time, but let's be honest, he's just not good enough.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2018, 07:55 PM) *
I think we expect too much from Kessie. He's a physical player with a decent touch, but he's no Luka Modric. We push him too high up, and he doesn't always give his best. He needs to be sit in front of the defense, preferably with a partner at his side.

But it's not Kessie that's the problem here, it's mainly guys like Biglia, Bonaventura, Rodriguez and even Calabria, who can be absolutely useless when push comes to shove. They offer absolutely nothing, not only because they lack the skill, but because they lack the intelligence as well. Bona tries from time to time, but let's be honest, he's just not good enough.

I can't disagree more. Specially on the players. Rodriguez and Calabria imo are having a good game. I know they're players who no one over thinks there good, but I have no problem with their output. Biglia should be more commanding when on the ball, but it just doesn't feel like he will be that player for us.

I don't expect a lot from Kessie lol. But, you can't deny that he can push on more. I'm not expecting world class passing, just the minimum.

han2503
We look edgy this half

We need to lock this down and not let them keep putting pressure on us
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2018, 05:55 PM) *

Can't agree about Kessie. He's a box-to-box guy, he needs to do both. His problem is mainly concentration

But I agree that we use him incorrectly.

And we concede rolleyes.gif Saw that one coming...
X-Offender
1-1

Expected.
William405
****!
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 23 2018, 06:08 PM) *
I can't disagree more. Specially on the players. Rodriguez and Calabria imo are having a good game. I know they're players who no one over thinks there good, but I have no problem with their output. Biglia should be more commanding when on the ball, but it just doesn't feel like he will be that player for us.

I don't expect a lot from Kessie lol. But, you can't deny that he can push on more. I'm not expecting world class passing, just the minimum.

Calabria and Rodriguez are absolutely rubbish, how can you say they're having a good one???
han2503
BONAAAAAAAAAAA
han2503
Also, STOP f@cking around with the ball at the back FFS!!! Donna has a mistake in him each game while Musacchio and Romagnoli don't inspire much confidence either

X-Offender
Thank god for Suso.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2018, 06:17 PM) *
Calabria and Rodriguez are absolutely rubbish, how can you say they're having a good one???

Agree about Rodrigues. Calabria is a Jekyll and Hyde player

He can be so good, but also can stink up the place. Today we've seen both sides imo
William405
Won't enter the Rodrigurez debate anymore lol. No matter what he does, he is rubbish in your eyes.
han2503
Lol, yellow for Higuain!

Why? It was a 50/50 collision. He had every right to go for the ball
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 23 2018, 06:25 PM) *
Won't enter the Rodrigurez debate anymore lol. No matter what he does, he is rubbish in your eyes.

What he does is usually bad things, that's why.
William405
Man, Suso's crosses are top notch! biggrin.gif
X-Offender
What is wrong with Hakan? It's the second match in a row that he is sucking.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 23 2018, 06:32 PM) *
What is wrong with Hakan? It's the second match in a row that he is sucking.

I know he broke a finger against Cagliari, so that robably aided in that one. It could still be a factor as he'll be hesitant in situations to avoid falling on that hand
han2503
Donnarumma...
han2503
That contract we gave him...

He shouldn't be playing at this point. His "catching" and punching has been all over the place. While his shot stopping has been mediocre at best for over a year now
William405
Donnarumma..
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 23 2018, 08:52 PM) *
That contract we gave him...

He shouldn't be playing at this point. His "catching" and punching has been all over the place. While his shot stopping has been mediocre at best for over a year now

Agreed.
han2503
Oh FFS!
han2503
2-2

Another 2 points lost
X-Offender
Deserved.

This team is a mess.
William405
Man sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.