Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Fillipo Simone
All January transfer talk here smile.gif
X-Offender
Can we buy a whole new team?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 25 2018, 09:22 PM) *
Can we buy a whole new team?

I'd settle for a whole new midfield. Our attackers and defenders are good. Especially one Caldara and Romagnoli start playing regularly next to each other.

But that midfield has always been our kryptonite. It's the most importabt area on the pitch and we've continually left it to crumble year after year

Maybe leo can dip into the January window to bring in a proper creative player but I'm not holding my breath
X-Offender
If only we could have signed Rabiot. It would have been a massive step forward.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 26 2018, 07:07 PM) *
If only we could have signed Rabiot. It would have been a massive step forward.

We'll see what happens. A lot of sources saying Leo is trying to convince him for next summer, which would be huge for us as h'd come in for free.

Not going to be easy as Juve and Barca also want him
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 26 2018, 08:30 PM) *
We'll see what happens. A lot of sources saying Leo is trying to convince him for next summer, which would be huge for us as h'd come in for free.

Not going to be easy as Juve and Barca also want him

We needed solutions now, not next summer.
X-Offender
What happened to Fabregas? For a short term solution he'd have been great. He keeps warming the bench at Chelsea, especially now that they got Kovacic, too.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 26 2018, 10:24 PM) *
What happened to Fabregas? For a short term solution he'd have been great. He keeps warming the bench at Chelsea, especially now that they got Kovacic, too.

We think bayako is more creative and was needed from Chelsea
Fillipo Simone
I really think Bakayoko was a colossal miscalculation.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 26 2018, 11:01 PM) *
I really think Bakayoko was a colossal miscalculation.

He was signed as a sub for Kessie, but given how badly he performed against Napoli, I'd rather play Bertolacci instead.

Also, Rodriguez and his agent met with Leonardo and Maldini today, meeting that lasted two hours. There are rumors about a PSG offer of 30M.

Link

That would be a blessing. 30M for this dud? Yes please!
Fillipo Simone
But in a situation when we lack creative options wasn't it better we targeted more offensive or creative players rather then backup players? Anyway, I still think that Gattuso plans on using them both; I believe he has something like the old Ambro-Rino partnership in mid, Rino being Bakayoko and Ambro being Kessie. Not that any of them resemble but well...

I'd be all in for shipping off Rodriguez. For that kind of money we could buy a midfielder and a backup fullback. Or try and use both Calabria and Conti.
X-Offender
Looks like Rodriguez has declined PSG and Bayern offers and will stay with us. dry.gif
Fillipo Simone
Sadly.
X-Offender
Martial being mentioned on the various outlets. We tried to sign him in January, but ManU asked 40M, we offered 23M. We'll try in January as his contract ends in 2019 and he doesn't seem to be interested in renewing.

He would be a dream signing.

Fillipo Simone
Again, not what we need. But he could be a nice addition.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 29 2018, 08:21 AM) *

Picky, aren't you? He's a world class talent.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 28 2018, 06:11 PM) *
Martial being mentioned on the various outlets. We tried to sign him in January, but ManU asked 40M, we offered 23M. We'll try in January as his contract ends in 2019 and he doesn't seem to be interested in renewing.

He would be a dream signing.

He'd be great.

But I think if Mourinho were to get sacked he;d want to stay there. So I wouldn't hold me breath

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 29 2018, 08:21 AM) *

Well, he can either player as a striker or on that LW. He'd be a great pick up if we can get him on the cheap, but it's a long shot
Fillipo Simone
He’s just a very expansive potential who had so far one good season. I don’t get why everyone is so worked up about him. What did Martial achieve so far?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 29 2018, 10:47 PM) *
He’s just a very expansive potential who had so far one good season. I don’t get why everyone is so worked up about him. What did Martial achieve so far?

He’s too young to have achieved anything yet. His selling point is his talent. Have you ever seen him play? The kid is great.
CrazyMilanFan
new rumours suggest that he will be singing extension with Man U
X-Offender
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 30 2018, 05:07 AM) *
new rumours suggest that he will be singing extension with Man U

Depends if Mourinho stays or not.
han2503
Looking likely that Mourinho will barely last the season at this point, so Martial will probably stay
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2018, 03:23 AM) *
He’s too young to have achieved anything yet. His selling point is his talent. Have you ever seen him play? The kid is great.

He has 22 years and is a potential. He has a miserable scoring record in ManUtd and is nowadays barely used despite the hefty price paid for him. He has speed and technique but lacks precision and intelligence. I think he's mostly overrated. Don't get me wrong, he'd still be a good option and an upgrade, but I think he's not what we need.

And yes, I've seen him play. Many times.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 30 2018, 08:48 PM) *
He has 22 years and is a potential. He has a miserable scoring record in ManUtd and is nowadays barely used despite the hefty price paid for him. He has speed and technique but lacks precision and intelligence. I think he's mostly overrated. Don't get me wrong, he'd still be a good option and an upgrade, but I think he's not what we need.

And yes, I've seen him play. Many times.

So, if Leonardo gave you the possibility, who would you buy as LFW for us?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2018, 09:31 PM) *
So, if Leonardo gave you the possibility, who would you buy as LFW for us?

I think that depends a lot on whether we will be sticking with the 4-3-3 for the foreseeable future.

And honestly, I don't think we have much room to be picky here

Martial would be huge, but I'd have been more than happy with someone like Depay for example

But again, I'd concentrate on bringing in an LCM before a LW, especially if 4-3-3 is going to be our go to formation
Forza Milan!
Looks like B&G are in negotiations to buy S.S. Monza (that is, the other team from Milano). Maybe we can sell them Monto and a couple of others ...
Fillipo Simone
If this happens really I can see some old players and legends returning to B&G, from player roles to managerial posts. Could be interesting to watch.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 5 2018, 06:14 PM) *
If this happens really I can see some old players and legends returning to B&G, from player roles to managerial posts. Could be interesting to watch.

Agreed. Though I do not believe we are at risk for either Leo or Malidini. Or, for that matter, Gattuso (as long as he remains our coach).
Fillipo Simone
Agreed.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Sep 5 2018, 06:07 PM) *
Agreed. Though I do not believe we are at risk for either Leo or Malidini. Or, for that matter, Gattuso (as long as he remains our coach).

Who would want to join Monza over Milan?
Fillipo Simone
Well...
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2018, 11:06 PM) *
Who would want to join Monza over Milan?

One can only hope ... Monto, Abate, ...

(BTW, looks like the deal may close by the end of the month, with the ambition of bringing the club to Serie A)
X-Offender
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Sep 6 2018, 11:39 AM) *
One can only hope ... Monto, Abate, ...

In other words, Milan rejects.
Fillipo Simone
Milan rejects and old faces. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pato (if there is nor grudge with Berlusca), Robinho and a few others taking some roles. It would really be fun IMO.
X-Offender
Continuous rumors about an interest in Fabregas for January. The player's contract expires in 2019.

Would be a great addition, the kind of midfielder we've been missing.

Another player whose contract expires in 2019 is Rabbiot.
Fillipo Simone
That's Rabiot. And yes, we've been linked with him as well. Hopefully Leo can help in this case.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 8 2018, 12:07 PM) *
Continuous rumors about an interest in Fabregas for January. The player's contract expires in 2019.

Would be a great addition, the kind of midfielder we've been missing.

Another player whose contract expires in 2019 is Rabbiot.

What's happening with Cesc these days anyway?

He rarely ever plays at Chelsea, has been left out of the Spanish team for a while now as well. If we do go for him, we need to be cautious about what we offer him

We can't have a situation where he's earning huge wages and on a long contract if he's not able to contribute due to decline

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 8 2018, 12:47 PM) *
That's Rabiot. And yes, we've been linked with him as well. Hopefully Leo can help in this case.

Rabiot will be very difficult. Juve and Barca want him so we would need to off him something really great to get ahead of those clubs
Fillipo Simone
Seems like Gazidis to Milan is a done deal
CrazyMilanFan
Hard to say what impact this would have. Certainly the role of leo and maldini will get limited amd our current ceo/president was not very actively involved in day to day management
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 20 2018, 04:06 PM) *
Seems like Gazidis to Milan is a done deal

Yep, confirmed by Arsenal

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 20 2018, 05:53 PM) *
Hard to say what impact this would have. Certainly the role of leo and maldini will get limited amd our current ceo/president was not very actively involved in day to day management

Well that's because Galliani monopolised all 3 roles and meshed them up so he could control everything. Which is why things got so badly mismanaged

The CEO's role has nothing to do with the transfer market in terms or player selection. That's why we have a Sporting Director now. Galliani used to carry out both roles in the past.

Gazidis will still have input in terms of how the budget is spent and how much that will be but he won't run the transfer market as that is not part of the CEO's job description
han2503
Lot's of talk about Zlatan coming on loan in January in a deal similar t what we did with Beckham back in the day. What do you think?

I personally think it would be a genius move, and hopefully pushes Rino away from the 4-3-3

Some talk about Fabregas and Lucas Paqueta as well.

The general consensus from the media is that we'll sign 3 players in the winter.
X-Offender
I think the priority should be Barella. This kid will become great, we can't let the possibility slip our hands.

Fabregas would be great, obviously, and hell yeah, I'd accept Ibra with arms wide open.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 6 2018, 05:21 PM) *
I think the priority should be Barella. This kid will become great, we can't let the possibility slip our hands.

Fabregas would be great, obviously, and hell yeah, I'd accept Ibra with arms wide open.

Saw him mentioned. But I can't see us signing him in January. I agree that he'd be a massive get and one we shouldn't let slip by. He reminds me so much of Verratti in his style. I really hope Leo goes for him

Cesc and Ibra would add much needed experience and creativity into this team. We'd make a step up in quality with just those 2

Also, what's your opinion on Ramsey? He's being mentioned as a possible free signing next summer, especially with the Gazidis link now. The problem is that he'll want massive wages not to mention big agent fees.

But he'd be a tremendous signings. He'd be the perfect fit instead of Bonaventura in our midfield imo
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 7 2018, 01:36 PM) *
Saw him mentioned. But I can't see us signing him in January. I agree that he'd be a massive get and one we shouldn't let slip by. He reminds me so much of Verratti in his style. I really hope Leo goes for him

Cesc and Ibra would add much needed experience and creativity into this team. We'd make a step up in quality with just those 2

Also, what's your opinion on Ramsey? He's being mentioned as a possible free signing next summer, especially with the Gazidis link now. The problem is that he'll want massive wages not to mention big agent fees.

But he'd be a tremendous signings. He'd be the perfect fit instead of Bonaventura in our midfield imo

Ramsey would be a good addition, no doubt. But I would also look for a LFW.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 7 2018, 04:02 PM) *
Ramsey would be a good addition, no doubt. But I would also look for a LFW.

But if we get Ibra, do you think that would be necessary?

It think if we go that way, Rino could explore different options to the 4-3-3
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 7 2018, 05:04 PM) *
But if we get Ibra, do you think that would be necessary?

It think if we go that way, Rino could explore different options to the 4-3-3

If we get Ibra then it definitely will be 4-2-4 with him and Higuain up front.

But if we don't, then I think a wide left forward is necessary. I just think Hakan is being wasted so wide.
X-Offender
Looks like a done deal for Paquetà in January. 35M + bonuses.

Is this guy any good? Cos for that money we could have signed Barella. Also, he’s a trequartsita, and we already have Hakan.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 10 2018, 11:17 AM) *
Looks like a done deal for Paquetà in January. 35M + bonuses.

Is this guy any good? Cos for that money we could have signed Barella. Also, he’s a trequartsita, and we already have Hakan.

I read he mainly plays as a side midfielder and he's one of the highest rated players in the Brazilian league atm

We'll see. PSG and Barca were also following him closely as well apparently
han2503
Now @DiMarzio confirms Lucas Paqueta to Milan is a done deal for around €35m + bonuses.

Paqueta had a €50M release clause in his contract but Leonardo exploited the excellent relationship with Flamengo and the player's agent to negotiate the price down. PSG was very far in the negotiations for the player but were beaten by Milan in the end. [@DiMarzio]

It's basically confirmed

And I think the idea for him is to take Bona's place in the near future
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 10 2018, 03:16 PM) *
And I think the idea for him is to take Bona's place in the near future

Good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.