Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EL - Matchday 2 - Milan - Rijeka
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Sep 26 2017, 06:27 PM) *
(BAD PENGUINS. Where's the new match thread!?!?!)

So Sky Italia is reporting the rather disturbing news that a number of guys will be rested for the EL game v Rijeka --- Bonucci, Biglia, and Kalinic out. And *GULP* Paletta and Jose Mauri to start.

The assumption is that there will be significant turnover for what's perceived as an easy EL game in light of the not so easy Serie A game this weekend v. Roma.

I am a frightened fish.

Sorry fish, I have been in the process of moving so I haven't had the time

This is going to be a chore to watch that's all I have to say about it.
Fishdoll
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 26 2017, 01:37 PM) *
Sorry fish, I have been in the process of moving so I haven't had the time

This is going to be a chore to watch that's all I have to say about it.

Hopefully the new spot is somewhere with a pool for all you guys to party in! (good luck with moving. moves are awful)

I think I'll break out the grappa for this game. might need it.
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Sep 28 2017, 11:54 AM) *
So, we play in the EL against Rijeka today.

Here's the projected lineup:

Donnarumma; Musacchio, Bonucci, Romagnoli; Abate, Kessie, Locatelli, Calhanoglu, Borini; Cutrone, André Silva

At least he's sticking with what should be our starting defence

P!ssed off about the Kessie pick though. Montella needs to sit him out
Fishdoll
Official lineup as projected.

Hopefully nobody gets broken and it's less of a disaster than Sunday.

(I hope the Little White Dogs aren't hassling you while you're moving, penguins).
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Sep 28 2017, 07:16 PM) *
Official lineup as projected.

Hopefully nobody gets broken and it's less of a disaster than Sunday.

(I hope the Little White Dogs aren't hassling you while you're moving, penguins).

Only a little. I've barely had anytime to do much of anything else tbh. I'm just sitting down now to watch the game and it's 8:30 in the evening
Fishdoll
Ugh. At least we're winning. Nice Silva goal.

No major mistakes so far.

Dida is in the stands.
Fishdoll
Uhoh Hakan down - went back in but Jack is warming up.
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Sep 28 2017, 08:34 PM) *
Ugh. At least we're winning. Nice Silva goal.

No major mistakes so far.

Dida is in the stands.

General play has just been bad...

I think I'll go to sleep at HT. Too tired to continue subjecting myself to this
Fishdoll
they're not creating a lot of chances.

Rijeka is playing a bit rough. kick in the back to Silva and hacking Calhanoglu down.
d'Arc.LP
Am I the only one who is starting to doubt Kessie boy?
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 28 2017, 08:51 PM) *
Am I the only one who is starting to doubt Kessie boy?

Nope.

Montella should have benched him 3 matches ago. He needs a time out

I really want to see a Biglia-Locatelli pivot in the next game
han2503
Anyways, I'm off guys, I'm too tired to stick around for another dreary half. Will check the highlights tomorrow
Fishdoll
You're skipping the wrong half, penguins. Jack on for Calhanoglu at the break and Milan looks ever so much better.

Musacchio goal, too.
Fishdoll
Jose Mauri on for Kessie in the 70th.

Atalanta currently 1-1 away to Lyon.

Edit: ffs, comic defending and Milan concede in the 84th.

edit2: and it goes from bad to worse. Romagnoli concedes a penalty and Rijeka equalize.

Edit 3: Cutrone goal in stoppage time. FT Milan 3-2 Rijeka
d'Arc.LP
Maybe we should try Musacchio - Paletta - Gomez pair in the next games just to be sure.
Danny
Bonucci is becoming a shocking signing.

Cutrone is a hero.

/end
X-Offender
Didn't see the match, but from the highlights Bonucci looked terrible.
han2503
I thought the entire defence had a nightmare, not just Bonucci, everyone simply looks confused out there.

This is just not working and I fail to see how Montella can get a handle on things with the difficult fixtures we have coming up
X-Offender
On paper, you have a bunch of good/very good individuals. There's no discussion there. If the team is underperforming it's down to the coach and no one else.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 30 2017, 04:52 PM) *
On paper, you have a bunch of good/very good individuals. There's no discussion there. If the team is underperforming it's down to the coach and no one else.

Agreed there

I do expect more from individuals like Bonucci. He's supposed to be the one organizing that defence but he's been as culpable as the rest. I get that he's coming out of the Juve bubble where everything ran smoothly though. Montella to me seems like he's lost the team
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 30 2017, 04:52 PM) *

While Bonucci seems to be disproving the 'don't become a bad player overnight' cliche, otherwise I agree. Montella is getting considerably less out his players than the squad is capable of.

He has gone from, last November, the best coach in Serie A (said by almost all of us) to a pile of turd.

He just isn't very good.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 1 2017, 11:32 AM) *
While Bonucci seems to be disproving the 'don't become a bad player overnight' cliche, otherwise I agree. Montella is getting considerably less out his players than the squad is capable of.

He has gone from, last November, the best coach in Serie A (said by almost all of us) to a pile of turd.

He just isn't very good.

I think sometimes players have a hard time clicking in a different environment and that's probably what's going on with Bonucci. He's been in such a bubble at Juve, a very comfortable one, especially since he's never left it's comfort even while with the NT, that now that it's burst, he's finding it difficult to get into the rhythm he had before.

I think the tactics are a mess and everyone seems confused about what they should be doing. a 3-5-2 is not the way to go. If we're using 3 at the back it should be a 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2. 5 across the midfield with the players we have makes absolutely no sense

Either that or we try the 4-2-3-1 as X-off suggested. And play all 3 of Hakan, Bona and Suso in their preferred position
maldini03
You have to also consider the fact that Bonucci has had the luxury of never having to be the out and out leader. He has played with Buffon and Chellini throughout his career. His performances have never been too scrutinized because he came up with players who were much better than him. Here, he is the top dog and the pressure is on to be the leader. It's going to take a little bit of time to adjust.

That being said, I say we give Montella the game against Rome today and the game against Inter. That will say a lot about where this team is headed with him as the coach.
X-Offender
Wrong thread.
han2503
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Oct 1 2017, 03:45 PM) *
You have to also consider the fact that Bonucci has had the luxury of never having to be the out and out leader. He has played with Buffon and Chellini throughout his career. His performances have never been too scrutinized because he came up with players who were much better than him. Here, he is the top dog and the pressure is on to be the leader. It's going to take a little bit of time to adjust.

That being said, I say we give Montella the game against Rome today and the game against Inter. That will say a lot about where this team is headed with him as the coach.

Problem is we already lost against Roma, and we'll most likely lose against Inter too. Those are our 2 biggest competitors for the CL spots and the more this goes on, the more ground we lose on them.

I say we do it now before things spiral anymore

I like Montella, but I just can't see him recovering from this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.