Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 2 - Milan - Cagliari
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3
han2503
Around 35k season tickets have been sold so far. So hopefully we'll have a pretty big crowd for the first home game of the season.

3 points before the international break will be crucial here, especially since the other teams we're up against for 4th all started well
Fishdoll
I'd imagine the lineup will return to something approximating the XI vs. Crotone. Romagnoli is well short of match fitness (understandably).
Jack Sparrow
Milan lose 1-3. Locatelli Red Card. Montolivo own goal hat-trick.
han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 25 2017, 03:44 PM) *
I'd imagine the lineup will return to something approximating the XI vs. Crotone. Romagnoli is well short of match fitness (understandably).

Yep
X-Offender
Mediaset line-up: Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Bonucci, Rodriguez; Kessie, Locatelli, Calhanoglu; Suso, Silva, Borini.
Fillipo Simone
Hmh. Why not Silva and Cutrone and no Borini?
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 26 2017, 09:34 AM) *
Hmh. Why not Silva and Cutrone and no Borini?

Because neither of them play wide/wingers ?
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 26 2017, 09:20 AM) *
Because neither of them play wide/wingers ?

Play with both of them and put Suso behind them

I think Silva can play a bit wider or in a deeper position. This Borini nonsense is getting ridiculous. He's not even a pure winger either. Montella needs to switch formations if we don't bring in a good winger. What's the use of playing 4-3-3 when you have 3 very good strikers just to play Borini on the wing??
Ry4n
interesting line up..
Fishdoll
Biglia and Kalinic included in the call ups for the game.

Portieri: Donnarumma A., Donnarumma G., Storari
Difensori: Abate, Antonelli, Bonucci, Calabria, Conti, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Romagnoli, Zapata
Centrocampisti: Biglia, Calhanoglu, Gabbia, Kessie, Locatelli, Montolivo.
Attaccanti: André Silva, Borini, Cutrone, Kalinic, Suso.
X-Offender
LiveScore.com keep putting Antonion Donnarumma as GK in their Milan line-ups. laugh.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 27 2017, 03:27 PM) *
Biglia and Kalinic included in the call ups for the game.

Portieri: Donnarumma A., Donnarumma G., Storari
Difensori: Abate, Antonelli, Bonucci, Calabria, Conti, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Romagnoli, Zapata
Centrocampisti: Biglia, Calhanoglu, Gabbia, Kessie, Locatelli, Montolivo.
Attaccanti: André Silva, Borini, Cutrone, Kalinic, Suso.

3-0 FT hopefully smile.gif
Ry4n
1 hour 30 mins until kick off.
William405
Milan: G Donnarumma; Conti, Bonucci, Musacchio, R. Rodriguez; Kessié, Montolivo, Calhanoglu; Suso, Cutrone, Borini

Milan bench: A Donnarumma, Storari, Romagnoli, Abate, Zapata, Antonelli, Calabria, Biglia, Locatelli, José Mauri, Zanellato, André Silva, Kalinic

Cagliari: Cragno; Padoin, Andreolli, Pisacane, Capuano; Cigarini, Barella, Ionita; Joao Pedro, Farias; Sau

Cagliari bench: Crosta, Ceppitelli, Miangue, Romagna, Dessena, Cossu, Faragò, Deiola, Giannetti, Cop
Fishdoll
Paolo Maldini is at the game. First time he's been at a game in quite a long while.
han2503
Over 50k spectators are at the San Siro
han2503
CUTRONEEEEE

The kid is magic!!
han2503
What a play by Suso and Conti before that though, our right side is really clicking
Ry4n
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 27 2017, 11:28 PM) *
Paolo Maldini is at the game. First time he's been at a game in quite a long while.

Hope he is talking to the Club about a position....
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 28 2017, 12:00 AM) *
What a play by Suso and Conti before that though, our right side is really clicking

very nice
Ry4n
shiiit so close to 1-1...post saved us wtf guys come on!
X-Offender
I'm sorry to say this but Calhanoglu has been really bad so far. Nonexistent and losing every ball he gets. Couple that with Borini and our left flank is very, very poor.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 27 2017, 08:14 PM) *
I'm sorry to say this but Calhanoglu has been really bad so far. Nonexistent and losing every ball he gets. Couple that with Borini and our left flank is very, very poor.

Agreed about both

Kessie has been very quiet as well imo

Calhanoglu is being wasted there, Montells really needs to shift things around, Borini is a ghost
X-Offender
Yeah, Kessie has been unusually poor so far as well.
han2503
Conti has been so good though

And I really like Rodriguez's work so far as well, he switches the play so beautifully
Ry4n
This could get tricky we need a few goals!
han2503
We really need to get back our grip on this or we'll concede
X-Offender
Bad, bad, bad. We're seeing last season Milan here. Cagliari controlling the game.
han2503
Just don't understand wtf is going on, literally letting Cagliari have complete control. They need to wake the f up
X-Offender
What a 180 degree change. I think we got too much ahead of ourselves dominating against teams like Craiova, Shkendija and a 10-man Cutrone. Really Cagliari are the first true challenge and so far we're butchering it. Lucky to be 1-0 ahead.

Unless Montella shakes the hell out of his players we won't win this.
han2503
Montella needs to do something ASAP, the team needs to regroup and come out much better. Borini and maybe Hakan need to come off a this point, only problem is who can come in for them, our midfield and attacking options are so thin when playing this system it's ridiculous. Especially considering how much we spent this summer
Ry4n
its these games we need to bloody win...and we havent even got the sesason started properly..not to forget we are at home with 50k support... win at all bloody costs.
d'Arc.LP
Hmmm, agreed on Hakans and Kessies assesments. I would add Bonucci to that list too, he has not been that good either. Montolivo is at least running, even though not doing do well either. I like Donna, Conti, Rodriguez, Suso and Cutronte tonight. I hope we see Biglia in and also a 3-5-2.
William405
I thought we started well, but then we lost control over the game.

Honestly, we seem to have lost the midfield battle. So, if I was Montella, I would try to insert Biglia and take out Borini. Then play with a 4-3-2-1 formation with Suso-Hakan behind Cutrone.

Kessie has been unusually poor, and it's a probably a big contributor to the problems we're having. Everytime he's losing the ball, it's leaving us too exposed at the back.

So yeah..in my opinion we should stack that midfield a bit, and ask Conti-Rodriguez to be a bit more conservative as well.
William405
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 27 2017, 10:39 PM) *
Hmmm, agreed on Hakans and Kessies assesments. I would add Bonucci to that list too, he has not been that good either. Montolivo is at least running, even though not doing do well either. I like Donna, Conti, Rodriguez, Suso and Cutronte tonight. I hope we see Biglia in and also a 3-5-2.

Yes, agreed there too. But, I really can't blame players too much on the defensive end if they're being so overexposed. But, yeah it hasn't been Bonucci's best game either.

Donnarumma is just a damn rock. Do you guys remember when he didn't want to re-sign for Milan? And some of you were saying..yeah no problem, we can get a goalkeeper that will be capable to replace him. I really can't see that. This kid is special, in addition his confidence is great too.

Cutrone..I just love this kid, he has an good eye for goal! smile.gif
han2503
On another note, Fiorentina look like they're going into total meltdown mode
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 27 2017, 08:44 PM) *
I thought we started well, but then we lost control over the game.

Honestly, we seem to have lost the midfield battle. So, if I was Montella, I would try to insert Biglia and take out Borini. Then play with a 4-3-2-1 formation with Suso-Hakan behind Cutrone.

Kessie has been unusually poor, and it's a probably a big contributor to the problems we're having. Everytime he's losing the ball, it's leaving us too exposed at the back.

So yeah..in my opinion we should stack that midfield a bit, and ask Conti-Rodriguez to be a bit more conservative as well.

Agreed about the changes
han2503
Romagnoli and Biglia warming up
han2503
Montella better have knocked some sense into them
han2503
Lol, how was that not a foul on Kessie, should have gotten a yellow as well, dangerous tackle
William405
1-1

I blame Montella, he didn't address any problems that we had. Too passive.
han2503
F@CK!!!!

What were they doing there FFS???!
X-Offender
Deserved. We're nowhere on the pitch.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 27 2017, 09:05 PM) *
1-1

I blame Montella, he didn't address any problems that we had. Too passive.

Agreed, but why did donna give the ball to a surrounded Kessie FFS?
han2503
Biglia for Hakan

He better take Borini off as well.
William405
We're doing better now.

That move from Conti was sweet!
han2503
I really do not understand Montella's thinking at times, so we seem to have switched to a 4-2-3-1 with Monto behind the strikers...
William405
SUSOOOOOOOO MAMMA MIAAAA
han2503
SUSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.