Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EL - Play Offs 2nd Leg - Shkëndija - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2
Jack Sparrow
One of those really rare situations, when we have a 6-0 aggregate score to bank on before a game. Gives the team flexibility to try out some new tactics.
Montella's words before the game

Following the arrival in Macedonia, Vincenzo Montella and Marco Storari addressed the media at the press conference held on the eve of the Europa League meeting, for the second leg of the playoffs. The Rossoneri coach and the goalkeeper discussed different topics with the local media and the Italian journalists: the match against Shkendija, Serie A and also the tragedy occurred in Ischia. These were their words:

ISCHIA
“My thoughts are with the people in Ischia. They have always shown a great sense of hospitality to me and to everyone I know. I have so many friends there. It’s a special place to me.

THE MATCH
“I will make some changes in the line-up. We have a deep squad. After the match against Cagliari many will travel to play with their national teams and until December we will be playing every three days. Squad rotation seems normal to me. Tomorrow will be a different match compared to the one played at San Siro. We had lots of enthusiasm, but this time it will be harder. We must play to win, we cannot slow down. It’s an opportunity to show our improvement. We are playing in the Europa League and we must not underestimate any team.

SQUAD ROTATION
“Since we have many matches to come, I would like to give a chance to the ones that haven’t played that much. I may try a new system of play regardless of those I have available.

THE TEAM
“I am proud of the team’s positive attitude because regardless of last match’s result many players have shown me they want to play this game. How far can we go? We aim high, we are focused on becoming a solid team and we are not setting any boundaries.

EUROPA LEAGUE VS SERIE A
“We put all our energy in every match. For us, there is no difference. Serie A is very tough. A few teams are above us, but we are confident and we know we can fight to finish up there, in the league. Regarding Juventus we don't think about them, we are focused only on ourselves. Only time can tell what we can achieve and what we are capable of. We are still under construction.

THE STRIKER
"We don't have that many options up front, despite having signed Kalinić. André Silva or Cutrone? After the internationals break, where both should be called up with their national teams, we have a tough month ahead of us and we'll need everyone. They will both get the chance to play, together or not".

ROMAGNOLI AND NIANG
"Romagnoli has always been considered not for sale. He's a very important player for us who can play both in a 3-man and 4-man defence but still has a lot of room for improvement. Niang? I feel for him because I have a great relationship with the kid. I wish him to get well soon from this form of stress".

THE YOUNGSTERS
"Zanellato is a quality player and he might have a chance to play, but so are the other youngsters I have called up. Many players of our Primavera come with us in the senior team so that they can gain experience and this can help them improve".

Marco Storari as well addressed the media at the press conference on the eve of the clash against Shkendija: "I want to thank the boss for giving me the opportunity to play tomorrow. Here everyone wants to do well, we have many new players, young. The club has done well in this transfer market window". Among these, is Bonucci: "I was surprised with his arrival. I am really happy because he's a friend and a great player that can add quality to this team". On the team's mentality: "There's the desire to do well, but you don't build a winning mentality overnight". Finally, on his role as motivator in the dressing room: "Motivator? There's no need. Everybody is showing the desire to do well and a great spirit".
Danny
You're just not as good as Han, Jack.
Fishdoll
I'll be curious to see how the kids do in this one. Hoping to find a stream.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2017, 06:28 PM) *
You're just not as good as Han, Jack.

Yeah. Fine. han can do it from now on. I'm done with my good deed for the decade. You ungrateful so-and-so. dry.gif

Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 24 2017, 06:32 PM) *
I'll be curious to see how the kids do in this one. Hoping to find a stream.

Head to a pub and watch it like civilized fan folk. Ugh. Streams.
X-Offender
Where do you guys usually watch Milan games? I've been using streams for years, due to being abroad for a few years and Milan sucking at the same time. But this year I made the paid subscription so I'll be watching the games on TV. At last.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 24 2017, 07:28 PM) *
Where do you guys usually watch Milan games? I've been using streams for years, due to being abroad for a few years and Milan sucking at the same time. But this year I made the paid subscription so I'll be watching the games on TV. At last.

I recently signed up to bet365. The bootleg streams are now impossible to operate if you have any malware or ad blocks installed. When they do telecast on TV, I watch it on TV. Here in the UK BT Sport shows a few.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 24 2017, 01:05 PM) *
I recently signed up to bet365. The bootleg streams are now impossible to operate if you have any malware or ad blocks installed. When they do telecast on TV, I watch it on TV. Here in the UK BT Sport shows a few.

Can't full screen bet365 can you? It's always a small box.

As for BT, they don't have the rights to UEL qualifiers. But assuming we get through, yeah, they will have all the group matches - definitely on the red button and some nights on the main presentation meaning HD.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 24 2017, 12:57 PM) *
Head to a pub and watch it like civilized fan folk. Ugh. Streams.

Yeah the old stalwarts Cricfree and VIP have died this season. I tried to get Kodi working but frankly couldn't make head or tail of it.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 24 2017, 12:58 PM) *

I'm guessing this paid sub doesn't apply to UK?
Ry4n
Milan Club London init bruv.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Aug 24 2017, 08:25 PM) *
Milan Club London init bruv.

Who's in the UK now? Me, Danny, kurt, dst, Milan_Is_Brilliant and who else?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2017, 01:52 PM) *
I'm guessing this paid sub doesn't apply to UK?

No, it's an Albanian service.
Fishdoll
All the league games and EL games from group stage on will be televised here in the US (RAI or BeIn Sports for Serie A and ESPN for EL). I have only had to resort to bad streams for the EL qualifiers, which have not been televised.

BeIn is pretty awful in the US - it's more like the Barca/Madrid channel, with occasional crumbs elsewhere. I tend to watch the games on RAI if I have an option. Much better commentary.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 24 2017, 06:04 PM) *
Who's in the UK now? Me, Danny, kurt, dst, Milan_Is_Brilliant and who else?

Not sure mate a few though.

The pub is a good place with plenty of rage laugh.gif well over the years it has been....
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 24 2017, 02:13 PM) *
No, it's an Albanian service.

Poo. Cheers.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 24 2017, 12:58 PM) *

I bought an IPTV subscription, €€100 for the entire year and it works like a charm

Have my pick of UK/Italian/German/other countries channels so I'm never left stranded

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2017, 01:52 PM) *
Yeah the old stalwarts Cricfree and VIP have died this season. I tried to get Kodi working but frankly couldn't make head or tail of it.

Kodi isn't that reliable with live streams and with all the best addons not being maintained anymore it's not that great nowadays. Just started using the Convenant and Genesis reborn addons for TV series and movies and so far they're working ok
d'Arc.LP
Nice play by Locatelli and Cutrone there.
han2503
Here pls
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 25 2017, 12:22 AM) *
Here pls

Yes sir.

I bet on everything nothing is holy. laugh.gif
milanbuf88
Mauri is pretty awful
amancik
There's a clear gulf in class between our new transfers and our old players. Zapata, Mauri, Antonelli are nothing compared to Musacchio, Kessie/Biglia and Rodriguez.

After seeing the first-half, I'll take Rafinha at this point. Mauri is not good enough even as a back up.
Danny
A number of observations:

I noticed Bonucci playing a damn sight better tonight, then it clicked that he clearly feels happier in a 3 at the back.

Which takes me to my second observation:

3-5-2 could be the best formation for this squad. Not all our best players can play but it might just be the best blend:

----------------Donna

----Musacchio, Romagnoli, Bonucci

Conti Kessie Biglia Jack Rodriguez

--------------Kalinic/Silva
--------------------Cutrone

I just can't fit everyone in. Can't find a place for Suso in particular.

PS I don't know if you guys noticed but Cutrone is the absolute real deal.

PPS I'm torn on Silva. I am appreciating his work off the ball and his skill. He's quite a classy player. But he has a real lack of cutting edge and composure for the final act/shot and it's becoming clear why he's not a big scorer.
Danny
QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 24 2017, 08:31 PM) *
There's a clear gulf in class between our new transfers and our old players. Zapata, Mauri, Antonelli are nothing compared to Musacchio, Kessie/Biglia and Rodriguez.

After seeing the first-half, I'll take Rafinha at this point. Mauri is not good enough even as a back up.

Mauri is one of these 'gets better the more he doesn't play'.

He is utter shite.
Fishdoll
Well, Locatelli and Cutrone have clearly played together before. Good work on that goal.

Zanellato seemed to have a good half. I was less impressed by Mauri and Calabria.

milanbuf88
QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 24 2017, 04:31 PM) *

Agreed. God help us if we ever have to start all of them on a consistent basis. I liked what I saw from Locatelli, Cutrone, and Zanellato. Zanellato plays a lot of very simple balls but he's pretty tidy.
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2017, 10:35 PM) *

I noticed Bonucci playing a damn sight better tonight, then it clicked that he clearly feels happier in a 3 at the back.

3-5-2 could be the best formation for this squad. Not all our best players can play but it might just be the best blend:

----------------Donna

PPS I'm torn on Silva. I am appreciating his work off the ball and his skill. He's quite a classy player. But he has a real lack of cutting edge and composure for the final act/shot and it's becoming clear why he's not a big scorer.

Not so sure about the formation yet!

Totally agreed about Cutrone! He's such a beast. I'm so impressed.

I also feel the same about Silva. He scares me in Serie A because he seems somewhat lightweight. He has a lot of skill that's for sure. I do believe though he has a long way to go, and I think he won't be an absolute starter in every game...at least for this season.

X-Offender
Abate for Romagnoli.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 24 2017, 08:30 PM) *
Mauri is pretty awful

Agreed, him and Antonelli have been really bad, especially considering who we were playing against.

QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 24 2017, 08:31 PM) *

Agreed. That's why I've been saying we're missing another CM and a winger before we can say the squad is complete

Today Fassone actually let slip that we'll sign someone if a player leaves. So let's hope Sosa and Niang finally f off

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2017, 08:35 PM) *

----------------Donna

Hmm, Don't you think that Suso would be the better pick to play behind the main striker?

Also, I like Cutrone, but there's no way he's going to be leading the line once we face the better teams. He definitely looks like the real deal, ice cold in fron of goal, but he's not yet reached a level where he can be the starter imo.

Also, regarding the formation, I've been advocating a 3 at the back for a while now, but Bonucci looks like the only one who's really enjoying it the other's look confused imo

As for Silva, agreed that he's a classy skilful player, and still lacking that bit of end product, he's still 21, plenty of room to improve on that but so far I'm impressed with him, same goes for Cutrone. They offer such versatility together imo

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 24 2017, 08:39 PM) *
Agreed. God help us if we ever have to start all of them on a consistent basis. I liked what I saw from Locatelli, Cutrone, and Zanellato. Zanellato plays a lot of very simple balls but he's pretty tidy.

Haven't been all that impressed with Zanaletto so far tbh
William405
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 24 2017, 10:39 PM) *

Yeah, agreed there. Zanellato doesn't impress me a lot, but he doesn't seem too bad.

Though, Antonelli and Mauri have been really bad. It's good..shows who's not good enough to be here.
han2503
Montella giving Antonelli the hook, Abate on
han2503
Players look like they've had enough and want to go in at this point. Can't blame them, it has to be hard playing 7-0 up
han2503
Hmm, I was wrong

Who came off? Romagnoli?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2017, 08:55 PM) *
Hmm, I was wrong

Who came off? Romagnoli?

Yes.
amancik
I knew there's something different about Cutrone as compared to our previous "promising" youth players. It's still early to tell how influential he will be to our season but he does look like the real deal.

As with Silva, clearly he has the skills to succeed. But he's not ready to lead the line this season, maybe next season. Now, Kalinic's signing makes even more sense.
milanbuf88
Suso on for Cutrone
d'Arc.LP
Suso is so good man.
milanbuf88
Suso making an impact immediately. I wonder if Fassone can manage to sell Mauri somewhere before other directors have a chance to watch this tape? Clearly the worst midfielder on the roster.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 24 2017, 11:04 PM) *
Suso making an impact immediately. I wonder if Fassone can manage to sell Mauri somewhere before other directors have a chance to watch this tape? Clearly the worst midfielder on the roster.

If someone we can include the offer 3 (Mauri and Antonelli) in 1 that would be awesome. Pay for 1, recieve 2.
han2503
Why is Calabria occupying the the left side of the back 3 while Antonelli (who can barely run btw) is playing the wing back role. Makes no sense
amancik
I think we need sub Mauri now if we want to keep a clean sheet.
milanbuf88
Gabbia on for Locatelli
milanbuf88
Gabbia having #46 and Zanellato having #45 is slightly confusing
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 24 2017, 09:16 PM) *
Gabbia having #46 and Zanellato having #45 is slightly confusing

Him, Locatelli and Zanaletto have very similar builds so I'm confusing them at times.

Gabbia has had some nice touches since coming on.
han2503
The broadcast for this is really annoying, they keep panning to the fans even while the game is going on at times
milanbuf88
What happened to Antonelli? I don't remember him being this awful last year.
han2503
Who's the worst player on the pitch? Antonelli or Mauri? Difficult one to call but probably Antonelli wins by a smidge
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Aug 24 2017, 09:28 PM) *
What happened to Antonelli? I don't remember him being this awful last year.

He barely played last year. He was decent the year before that, now he just looks slow and completely out of touch. Can't even bring simple balls down
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2017, 09:34 PM) *
He barely played last year. He was decent the year before that, now he just looks slow and completely out of touch. Can't even bring simple balls down

Nah, he's always been this bad.
han2503
Andre Silva must want to kill himself today, countless great runs and not once was he put through.

Anyway FT, really bad game imo, but sort of expected with that kind of lead

The management really need to evaluate some players who are on this team and atm aren't being linked to anyone (Antonelli, Mauri)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.