Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EL - Play Offs 1st Leg - Milan - Shkëndija
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3
han2503
Will be very interesting to see what line-up Montella picks and even if it's shown as a 4-3-3 I'm 95% confident the shape on the pitch will not be that

Biglia and Romagnoli are the ones still out injured, what I hope to see

Conti--Musacchio--Bonucci--Rodriguez
Kessie--Locatelli
Hakan
Suso--Silva--Bona

A play on a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1
han2503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zSyA6lYpUo

A little funny fact vid on our opponents
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 15 2017, 02:24 PM) *
Will be very interesting to see what line-up Montella picks and even if it's shown as a 4-3-3 I'm 95% confident the shape on the pitch will not be that

Biglia and Romagnoli are the ones still out injured, what I hope to see

Conti--Musacchio--Bonucci--Rodriguez
Kessie--Locatelli
Hakan
Suso--Silva--Bona

A play on a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1

Have we ditched Cutrone already?
Ry4n
another season in the Europa league ffs.
Danny
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Aug 15 2017, 10:23 PM) *
another season in the Europa league ffs.

Another? We've not been here for over a decade I seem to recall.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 15 2017, 11:20 PM) *
Have we ditched Cutrone already?

I really think it's time to get a better and more accurate assessment on Silva.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 16 2017, 08:51 AM) *
I really think it's time to get a better and more accurate assessment on Silva.

Maybe against Crotone. Not in a UEL qualifier. Cutrone has impressed. He's scored. He's earned the place. If Borini can get all these starts, Paddy can.
han2503
Cutrone will most likely be sent on loan
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 16 2017, 01:34 PM) *
Cutrone will most likely be sent on loan

More or less the same age as Silva yet you dismiss one and give the other a chance?
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 16 2017, 02:39 PM) *
More or less the same age as Silva yet you dismiss one and give the other a chance?

Not exactly, and who said I was dismissing him? I just said that he'll most likely be loaned because that's what's being reported.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 16 2017, 06:02 AM) *
Another? We've not been here for over a decade I seem to recall.

**** man you had to hit me in the balls so early in the day......wait its 6pm
Ry4n
3-0 First leg then 1-1 away.
Fishdoll
Here are the call ups:

PORTIERI: A. Donnarumma, G. Donnarumma, Storari
DIFENSORI: Abate, Antonelli, Bonucci, Conti, Gabbia, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Zapata
CENTROCAMPISTI: Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessié, Locatelli, Montolivo
ATTACCANTI: Borini, Cutrone, Silva,

No Calabria, Gomez, Paletta, Romagnoli, Sosa or Niang.

han2503
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 16 2017, 06:39 PM) *
Here are the call ups:

PORTIERI: A. Donnarumma, G. Donnarumma, Storari
DIFENSORI: Abate, Antonelli, Bonucci, Conti, Gabbia, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Zapata
CENTROCAMPISTI: Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessié, Locatelli, Montolivo
ATTACCANTI: Borini, Cutrone, Silva,

No Calabria, Gomez, Paletta, Romagnoli, Sosa or Niang.

Was just about to say...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that all of Niang, Paletta, Sosa and Gomez are market related

Niang and Paletta the most likely to go next imo.

Selling Gomez though is a bad move this late in the mercato. Selling him while keeping Zapata makes even less sense. He's got potential imo and selling him will turn out to be a mistake in the long run.

If we sell him we need to have a move lined up ASAP, we only have 4 CBs now and if Montella is going to switch to 3 at the back (as he hinted in his press conference today) we'll need one more

That attack is also seriously lacking even if you add Kalinic, we need one more forward for sure and another midfielder
CrazyMilanFan
Suso?
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 16 2017, 02:56 PM) *
Not exactly, and who said I was dismissing him? I just said that he'll most likely be loaned because that's what's being reported.

You did. 'What I hope to see'. No Cutrone.
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 16 2017, 07:52 PM) *
Suso?

He must be missing from that list.

Here's another one

Milan squad for Shkendija A Donnarumma, G Donnarumma, Storari; Abate, Antonelli, Bonucci, Conti, Gabbia, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Zapata; Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessié, Locatelli, Montolivo; Borini, Cutrone, Andre Silva, Suso
han2503
The predicted line up from sky is kinda worrying I have to say, either Montella is also thinking about the fact that we're playing 4 games in something like 10 days so he's rotating a bit or he's sipping the koolAid

G. Donnarumma; Conti, Bonucci, Zapata, Antonelli; Kessie, Montolivo, Calhanoglu; Suso, Silva, Borini [Sky]

Those 3 make zero sense considering who would sit on the bench instead of them.

The Borini inclusion is the most worrying. Danny it's your fault if Montella develops some sort of fixation with him tongue.gif
X-Offender
Montella should stop it with this Borini nonsense. One of the poorest players in the pre-season, yet he keeps starting games. Moreover, drop that 4-3-3 that's clearly not suited to the players we have, and either switch to a 3-man defense already or play the most logical 4-2-3-1.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 16 2017, 08:47 PM) *
The predicted line up from sky is kinda worrying I have to say, either Montella is also thinking about the fact that we're playing 4 games in something like 10 days so he's rotating a bit or he's sipping the koolAid

G. Donnarumma; Conti, Bonucci, Zapata, Antonelli; Kessie, Montolivo, Calhanoglu; Suso, Silva, Borini [Sky]

Those 3 make zero sense considering who would sit on the bench instead of them.

The Borini inclusion is the most worrying. Danny it's your fault if Montella develops some sort of fixation with him tongue.gif

Told you sad.gif
han2503
Well, considering who he's dropping, I think he's looking at the league game on Sunday and then the 2nd leg on Thursday.

Hopefully he'll get some better rotation players/starters by the end of this month so Borini would become an emergency player only
Fillipo Simone
I'm not worried about the player selection at all. Like you said, 4 matches in 10 days is a tough schedule and that kind of rotation is necessary. Especially with the flanks, were we have 1 normal player in Suso and some halflings.

What worries me is the constant tactical inflexibility and the 4-3-3 system. Makes me wonder if Montella plans to stick with it, which would be very bad I guess.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 17 2017, 10:20 AM) *
I'm not worried about the player selection at all. Like you said, 4 matches in 10 days is a tough schedule and that kind of rotation is necessary. Especially with the flanks, were we have 1 normal player in Suso and some halflings.

What worries me is the constant tactical inflexibility and the 4-3-3 system. Makes me wonder if Montella plans to stick with it, which would be very bad I guess.

In his defence it never is 4-3-3. It's always 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1.
Fishdoll
Starting XI: G.Donnarumma; Conti, Bonucci, Zapata, Antonelli; Kessié, Montolivo, Calhanoglu; Borini, André Silva, Suso

God help us, Montoleader is starting. I'll get the grappa out early...
d'Arc.LP
7th minute and Kessie already showing his worth. I really like this guy.
d'Arc.LP
SILVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!
CrazyMilanFan
Good finish
CrazyMilanFan
3-0
d'Arc.LP
Monto then Silva again. We are not looking bad at all now.
han2503
Hakan and Silva very impressive today. Kessie has always been good, so that goes without saying
Ry4n
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Aug 16 2017, 10:20 PM) *
3-0 First leg then 1-1 away.

called it !!

Bon has impressed , i wonder how Monti feels though i mean inside he must be dissapointed not being primo captain anymore but fack i hated him being captain such a paper plane.
d'Arc.LP
So, as Han said, Kessie and Silva quite good today. Hakan good but not as good as I want him to be. Conti looks very tired, it's his 3rd game in a row that he looks like this. Antonelli is obviously a disaster. I am convinced that I could play better than him. Montolivo and Borini trying, not doing bad - considering they are our back ups.
Danny
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Aug 17 2017, 08:32 PM) *
called it !!

This won't be the final score smile.gif
Fishdoll
Well, that was fun. The defense looks a bit creaky still - not sure if it's conditioning or that they haven't really played together.

Montoleader surprised me in a good way.

Silva...damn. That second goal was very impressive. More please.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 18 2017, 12:34 AM) *
This won't be the final score smile.gif

im turning it off at 3-0 lol it is for me ! biggrin.gif halas we won! next leg please.
Danny
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 17 2017, 08:33 PM) *
So, as Han said, Kessie and Silva quite good today. Hakan good but not as good as I want him to be. Conti looks very tired, it's his 3rd game in a row that he looks like this. Antonelli is obviously a disaster. I am convinced that I could play better than him. Montolivo and Borini trying, not doing bad - considering they are our back ups.

Agree on all this bar Borini - he's a joke.

Conti's had no impact - barely noticed him.

Kessie's QUITE good? He's been the best player on the pitch by a mile! Absolute monster - hasn't put a foot wrong. Could become Serie A's best midfielder the way he's been going for us.

Silva absolutely delighting me - took both goals superbly - keep this up and I'll be delighted to have been wrong about him. Sure it's only some diddie side fro Macedonia but you can only beat the teams you face and while his off ball work hasn't been perfect, he's had two valid shots as a Milan player and both of them have been great goals.

It's definitely a 4-3-3 and that's why Cal hasn't been perfect - he doesn't suit sitting so deep. Monto has been good - make no bones about it, he's played well and his goal was good too.

Suso a bit meh - still taking too much of the ball for himself and trying too much. It's as if it was his ego last season and now it's him trying to impress with all the competition. Some of it is good, some isn't.

Defence barely tested but been good apart from two mild attacks - Zapata off the pace.

And now I see how good Rodriguez is - what an upgrade at LB he's been. Antonelli acceptable as squad but not a starter. I used to rate him very highly - but he's been really bad tonight.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2017, 08:39 PM) *
Conti's had no impact - barely noticed him.

I feel like Montella has shackled him a bit from his all out attacking style, which is understandable as he tends to push up a lot which could lead to trouble with a 4 at the back

But Conti's best attribute is his attacking play, he really should have at least a bit of freedom to attack as he can be very lethal
d'Arc.LP
That ball from Kessie for Borini, pure CLASS !
han2503
Kessie...

He's fulfilling my dream of having a great 2-way mid at Milan. Finally!!
han2503
Hakan off Bona on

Great game from Hakan, looking forward to see him when he gets his sharpness back to a 100%
han2503
Lol, Borini scores!
milanbuf88
Even Borini gets in on the action!!
milanbuf88
Antonelli!!
han2503
Antonelli too now
milanbuf88
It's nice to finally dominate teams the way we should!
han2503
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

What a hat trick that would have been for Silva!!
Forza Milan!
At work, but following the game as best I can. Good to be back as a real team !!!
milanbuf88
Another for Monto!!
han2503
Monto just found his niche

6-0
Forza Milan!
Good for him !!! What role is he playing and how well is he doing?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.