Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 34 - Crotone - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2
han2503
Well, we were able to escape without a scratch vs Empoli, thanks to our direct rivals all messing up. This week we'll have another golden opportunity, Crotone are fighting tooth and nail to stay in Serie A, so I don't expect a walk over, but we should still be able to get the 3 points here.

That said, Romagnoli is still out injured (so expect another horror show from the dynamic duo of Zapata and Paletta), DS is suspended, and Antonelli is once again injured (has he managed to stay injury free for more than a month this season?), so most likely Vangioni and Calabria will start in the FB positions

Sosa is also suspended so Loca will start in the centre, I honeslty don't know why Montella considers Loca and Sosa as an either/or scenario, I think they'd work well next to each other, and anyway, Loca is no regista, he's a box-to-box mid, so he'd be perfect on the side of someone like Sosa

Lapa could also be given the go ahead over Bacca once again from what I'm reading
d'Arc.LP
Atalanta currently playing Juventus, Lazio plays Roma and Inter plays Napoli. If we don't win this game we will clearly show that we (the company) are not interested in Europa League.
han2503
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Apr 28 2017, 09:18 PM) *
Atalanta currently playing Juventus, Lazio plays Roma and Inter plays Napoli. If we don't win this game we will clearly show that we (the company) are not interested in Europa League.

Yep, Atalanta drew against Juve

They're looking really good atm, too bad they're fighting so hard for Europe and will sell half their team this summer. This always happens when mid-table clubs make it into Europe
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 29 2017, 01:02 AM) *
Yep, Atalanta drew against Juve

They're looking really good atm, too bad they're fighting so hard for Europe and will sell half their team this summer. This always happens when mid-table clubs make it into Europe

Yep, happened with Fiorentina, Sassuolo, and pretty much every mid-table team which makes it into Europe.
Danny
I've had an epic fail weekend. Last weekend all three of my teams lost.

This weekend two of them have already had their arses handed to them. I now expect Milan to complete the set.
d'Arc.LP
Empoli's coach, Martusciello: "The match with Sassuolo? They are stronger than Milan and Fiorentina."
Ry4n
Must win !
han2503
Ridiculously easy for them

It looks like they're barely trying. Zapata and Paletta both reaching new levels of low the way they're getting turned around
Nova
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Apr 30 2017, 02:41 PM) *
Must win !

Not according Zapata . 1-0...
han2503
I haven't seen us this bad at the back in quite a while, but it's sort of to be expected considering the personnel back there

Still, the lack of effort on display atm is horrifying
Nova
I really cant see us winning today. 20 min and not even a chance for us ...
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Apr 30 2017, 02:22 PM) *
I really cant see us winning today. 20 min and not even a chance for us ...

Is it me, or does it feel like they're not even trying to win?
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2017, 04:25 PM) *
Is it me, or does it feel like they're not even trying to win?

I dont even think they can do better. Unless our opponents allow it , but this is just horrible to watch.
This Milan is just not Milan anymore. As a supporter I keep watching but this is NOT Milan worthy.
Nova
And let's not forget , we're playing against Crotone ...
han2503
Deulo needs to stop diving and start playing FFS!
han2503
Disgraceful stuff

Nova, I personally think they can do MUCH better than what they're showing today. But it's another listless performance today.
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2017, 04:48 PM) *
Disgraceful stuff

Nova, I personally think they can do MUCH better than what they're showing today. But it's another listless performance today.

They can do better if the other team allows it or just sucks. This Crotone is not letting Milan have it and Milan cannot do anything about it. Consider any other mid table team , they can win against the leader and lose against the last.

I believe Milan does not have the quality that can have the outcome of the match in their own hands.

Personally , this is the worst Milan squad I have EVER seen. And I've seen a lot ...
han2503
1-1

Paletta I think
han2503
They need to wake up and get these 3 points locked, and not fall back to sleep which is what I'm sort of expecting
han2503
SO CLOSE!
Nova
Damn , I missed the goal ...
han2503
Montella needs to bring on Bacca and take off Kucka, he's useless anyway
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2017, 02:44 PM) *
Deulo needs to stop diving and start playing FFS!

One of the reasons I went off him a few weeks ago. He's turned into a moaning little cheating sh*te who dives in the box quicker than you can say Neymar.

I watched a bit of the first half out the corner of my eye - we looked dreadful. I have switched off. I've had 5 losses of 5 the past two weekends, I can't be bothered with it any more.
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Apr 30 2017, 03:09 PM) *
Damn , I missed the goal ...

Should be 2-1 with the chance Lapa had just after, just cleared off the line though
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2017, 03:11 PM) *
Montella needs to bring on Bacca and take off Kucka, he's useless anyway

Beginning to doubt Montella a bit now as well. Making more errors than good calls and the system which served us so well last year is a faded memory.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2017, 03:11 PM) *
Should be 2-1 with the chance Lapa had just after, just cleared off the line though

Should be 10-0. It's Crotone eff eff ess. We're Milan.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 30 2017, 03:12 PM) *
Beginning to doubt Montella a bit now as well. Making more errors than good calls and the system which served us so well last year is a faded memory.

It's not about doubting Montella though. Our squad is threadbare atm, he doesn't hame many options, not to mention we've lost 2 of our best players to injury (Bona, Roma)

His subs have always been a bit slow though, that's something he definitely has to work on

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 30 2017, 03:12 PM) *
Should be 10-0. It's Crotone eff eff ess. We're Milan.

Well they're fighting to stay in Serie A. They were never going to let us walk all over them. Not to mention we haven't been in the best form as of late
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2017, 03:21 PM) *
It's not about doubting Montella though. Our squad is threadbare atm, he doesn't hame many options, not to mention we've lost 2 of our best players to injury (Bona, Roma)

His subs have always been a bit slow though, that's something he definitely has to work on

I feel like he's running out of steam. That said our squad is disgusting. Even with Jack and Roma available it's honking.

Well they're fighting to stay in Serie A. They were never going to let us walk all over them. Not to mention we haven't been in the best form as of late

The day we justify the third bottom side being better than us is the day we're not Milan.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 30 2017, 03:25 PM) *
I feel like he's running out of steam. That said our squad is disgusting. Even with Jack and Roma available it's honking.

The day we justify the third bottom side being better than us is the day we're not Milan.

Well, even the best coach out there would run out of steam trying to get the best he can out of this bunch for an entire season. At some point you'll hit a wall, and I feel like we hit that in February and haven't been able to drag ourselves back up since
han2503
Lapa has worked his @ss off today
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2017, 03:28 PM) *
Well, even the best coach out there would run out of steam trying to get the best he can out of this bunch for an entire season. At some point you'll hit a wall, and I feel like we hit that in February and haven't been able to drag ourselves back up since

It was November last year for me. The reverse of this very fixture, post-Juve win. We celebrated beating them (Crotone, not Juve) like we'd won the UCL. Thereafter we've been at best patchy and at worst diabolical.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2017, 03:30 PM) *
Lapa has worked his @ss off today

He's a decent worker, but he's a Serie B player. That's all he is. He's not even good enough to be a squad player for us. Well...given the level we're at these days, maybe he is!
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 30 2017, 03:35 PM) *
He's a decent worker, but he's a Serie B player. That's all he is. He's not even good enough to be a squad player for us. Well...given the level we're at these days, maybe he is!

I disagree, I think he's a decent footballer, and not just a simple poacher either. I personally prefer him to Bacca who's one of our highest earners btw
han2503
Kucka has probably got to have the lowest IQ possible. How stupid can you get?
han2503
Another 2 lost points against a relegation side...
X-Offender
Draw against Pescara, loss against Empoli, draw against Crotone. The players clearly don't care anymore. For them the season is already over.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 30 2017, 04:27 PM) *
Draw against Pescara, loss against Empoli, draw against Crotone. The players clearly don't care anymore. For them the season is already over.

You'd think that with the axe hanging over their heads come summer they'd try to do better to avoid having it drop over them, but it's obvious that they've already checked out

I really can't wait to see the back of the likes of Kucka, Zapata, Paletta, Vangioni, Ocampos, and more at the end of this season. Their place is clearly not at Milan, they certainly don't deserve to wear the shirts on their backs

maldini03
I'm not too hung up on this one or the last one, to be honest. At this point in the season, we are fighting for Europa League which is a meh competition. I say pack it in, give the young guys a run-out and try and put up a fight with the bigger teams.
- The way I see it they will be clearing out the debris at the end of the season so what are we really getting worked up over. If it is true that there will be more money coming from a Summer tour in China then I say what's the big deal with dropping points.
Montella should definitely keep his job though this squad is threadbare. We have zero creativity on the bench and guys like Deu and Suso know it. Personally, I would rather different wingers but if they stick around we at least need some competition to light the fire under them.
Ry4n
these players don't give a ****
Rossoneri7
I always consider these opponents more difficult than Juve or Roma. As they play the fixture against Milan as if it was a cup final and their players give 150% to prove to the audience or scouts present they are worthy of transfers to bigger clubs.

As for our struggle to secure Europe. We have a thin squad, low on quality and the injury list to key players took a toll on the team. Montella can only do so much.

Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2017, 04:39 PM) *
You'd think that with the axe hanging over their heads come summer they'd try to do better to avoid having it drop over them, but it's obvious that they've already checked out

I really can't wait to see the back of the likes of Kucka, Zapata, Paletta, Vangioni, Ocampos, and more at the end of this season. Their place is clearly not at Milan, they certainly don't deserve to wear the shirts on their backs

The only players we have worthy of the shirt, of varying levels of quality as Milan have been throughout the years are:

Gigio, Roma, Abate, Jack.

The rest are simply not good enough, or don't fit in. Our squad is really as poor as this. So it's not the ones we want rid of who matter, it's the ones we deem good enough. And that's on one hand.
d'Arc.LP
Still don't believe me that the club is not interested in Europa League qualifiers more than in Asia summer tournament?
Danny
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Apr 30 2017, 10:00 PM) *
Still don't believe me that the club is not interested in Europa League qualifiers more than in Asia summer tournament?

Soon as I heard this theory, if you were the one who said it, I was willing to buy it. It's plausible. Asia is more lucrative than UEL. It probably competes with UCL now.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Danny @ May 1 2017, 12:04 AM) *
Soon as I heard this theory, if you were the one who said it, I was willing to buy it. It's plausible. Asia is more lucrative than UEL. It probably competes with UCL now.

No I wasn't the first one to say it, but I read it and I believe it and I shared it her but X-Off didn't believe smile.gif
X-Offender
I don't.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2017, 10:49 AM) *
I don't.

Asian owners...most lucrative market around now...it doesn't seem totally impossible.

Maybe not under previous ownership, but possibly now.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 30 2017, 09:15 PM) *
The only players we have worthy of the shirt, of varying levels of quality as Milan have been throughout the years are:

Gigio, Roma, Abate, Jack.

The rest are simply not good enough, or don't fit in. Our squad is really as poor as this. So it's not the ones we want rid of who matter, it's the ones we deem good enough. And that's on one hand.

Hmm, I think Suso, Deulo, Locatelli, DS, Calabria and Lapa are also all worthy imo

Do I think they all should be starters? Obviously not, but the guys you mentioned and mine should be the ones we keep (Deulo being the exception as Barca want him back). That list is a good base of players, some will be good coming off the bench which others we can build the team around.
Danny
Our standards have sunk if Lapa is even in the squad *sad face*
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 1 2017, 02:20 PM) *
Our standards have sunk if Lapa is even in the squad *sad face*

I think you and Fillipo give Lapa too much of a hard time when I think he's been good for us this season

And I'm not talking about him being a starter, but he's good for the bench. He's not a complainer, he works his @ss off and he clearly values the opportunity he has been given to play at Milan, which is more than what can be said for most of our players.
Danny
He's not good for the bench. Not if you want a Milan we can recognise. And he could bring peace to the middle east for all the difference his attitude makes, he isn't good enough, period!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.