Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 31 - Inter - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2
han2503
Some key facts for this very important game

- This is the first time a Milan derby has ever been played at 12:30
- This could be the first game under the new ownership if everything goes according to schedule (which looks to be the case)

So all in all, it's an exciting time for Milan fans (or at least it should be). The enthusiasm has waned around this sale, considering all the delays and drama, but now that it looks like it's finally happening, I hope that the enthusiasm will come back, especially on this forum since it's dead quiet, even during match days

Winning here would also be huge for us since Atalanta face Roma later in the day
Jack Sparrow
We're screwed really. But oh well. I hope we get a creditable draw.
Danny
Shows how far the Milan clubs have fallen that this gets the graveyard slot.

11:30 here in UK. Astonishing.

@Jack You know they just lost to Crotone while we managed 4-0. Optimism lad! At best, we both suck biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 13 2017, 01:06 AM) *

@Jack You know they just lost to Crotone while we managed 4-0. Optimism lad! At best, we both suck biggrin.gif

Think its more to do with having the game on at 6pm in China (12pm Italy). Guess that is part and parcel with promoting Milan in China. Otherwise there really isnt any serie A fixture this weekend as profilic as this one so... smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
Yep sad.gif
X-Offender
According to Mediaset, the game will have 862 million potential spectators around the globe, 566 million of which from Asia. It would be a record.

Link
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 12 2017, 10:06 PM) *

It's all about marketing Danny. Both Inter and Milan now have interests in the far east, and as X-Off pointed out, this particular derby is anticipated to have the largest Serie A viewership in history, so we're about to be part of record breaking history.

So it's all good biggrin.gif

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 13 2017, 11:20 PM) *
According to Mediaset, the game will have 862 million potential spectators around the globe, 566 million of which from Asia. It would be a record.

Link

Yep.

I think the marketing potential we're about to tap into will be limitless
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 14 2017, 08:53 AM) *
It's all about marketing Danny. Both Inter and Milan now have interests in the far east, and as X-Off pointed out, this particular derby is anticipated to have the largest Serie A viewership in history, so we're about to be part of record breaking history.

So it's all good biggrin.gif

Yeah I forgot completely about the whole Chinese takeover angle tbh for both clubs. Makes total sense now.

And yes, this derby will be easily the biggest viewed ever simply because it's peak viewing for the biggest populated areas on earth.

We're talking an area with roughly 3B people in it.

It taps into a whole new market for Milan and we'll gain millions of new fans through this.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 14 2017, 02:48 PM) *
Yeah I forgot completely about the whole Chinese takeover angle tbh for both clubs. Makes total sense now.

And yes, this derby will be easily the biggest viewed ever simply because it's peak viewing for the biggest populated areas on earth.

We're talking an area with roughly 3B people in it.

It taps into a whole new market for Milan and we'll gain millions of new fans through this.

And to add to this, going by what Fassone was talking about during the press conference, the Asian market is definitely one of the key points for the new business plan. It will be one of our biggest revenue streams along with the CL and a new stadium
Danny
That's why we signed Honda.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 14 2017, 08:33 PM) *
That's why we signed Honda.

One player isn't really going to make that much of an impact, sure he's currently our best shirt seller, but it's still just a dent in the grand scheme of things

I think the approach to getting into the Asian market and really exploiting it will be far more aggressive. Most likely we'll go there each summer in pre-season, I think once the Emerites deal ends a big Chinese company will definitely be our main sponsor, more opportunities for TV rights in the far east (especially if we have a heavy Chinese presence in our sponsorship list)
Danny
Oh I was being a tad cynical - but as I explained in a post to Pippo when we signed Honda, it did open up a market of around 3B with him being one of the biggest sports stars in the Far East.

This is like that but times 100.

Think of all those Honda shirts sold in Japan, Indonesia, India (to an extent) and China and now Milan are one of the most high-profile clubs over there along with Inter and a dozen or so European clubs who tapped into that market a decade ago (Arsenal, Utd, Real, Bayern etc).

And that's BEFORE this takeover. This is like a massive amplifier.

Let's hope the future is as bright as it looks on paper. It would be good to have a Milan to be proud of again.

That said, look at Utd - they're in the same boat as us right now in terms of the table, but they HAVE spent the big money and got the Hollywood manager.

It will take a while and we should NOT expect a title challenge next season even if we suddenly sign the squad this summer to do it.

I know fine well it takes longer. Look at aforementioned Utd, City, Chelsea, PSG, Monaco - big shiny expensive takeovers and they spent BIG but didn't get overnight results. Rangers also signed SPL winning-quality players last summer yet languish a distant third 35 points behind Celtic.

So let us keep our hopes tempered.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 14 2017, 10:42 PM) *
Oh I was being a tad cynical - but as I explained in a post to Pippo when we signed Honda, it did open up a market of around 3B with him being one of the biggest sports stars in the Far East.

This is like that but times 100.

Think of all those Honda shirts sold in Japan, Indonesia, India (to an extent) and China and now Milan are one of the most high-profile clubs over there along with Inter and a dozen or so European clubs who tapped into that market a decade ago (Arsenal, Utd, Real, Bayern etc).

And that's BEFORE this takeover. This is like a massive amplifier.

Let's hope the future is as bright as it looks on paper. It would be good to have a Milan to be proud of again.

That said, look at Utd - they're in the same boat as us right now in terms of the table, but they HAVE spent the big money and got the Hollywood manager.

It will take a while and we should NOT expect a title challenge next season even if we suddenly sign the squad this summer to do it.

I know fine well it takes longer. Look at aforementioned Utd, City, Chelsea, PSG, Monaco - big shiny expensive takeovers and they spent BIG but didn't get overnight results. Rangers also signed SPL winning-quality players last summer yet languish a distant third 35 points behind Celtic.

So let us keep our hopes tempered.

Ah, I thought you were serious because I do think we'll bring in one or two Chinese players for marketing purposes

As for United, I think their problem is mostly in selection, plus they have an awful defence that not even Mourinho can fix. So why they keep signing attackers when their defence is in that state is beyond me. Add to that their midfield beside Pogba is questionable at best, Herrera, Fellaini, sorry but that's not going to cut it, no matter how much you spend in other areas. So I think had they made better and smarter choices in the way they spent their money, they would definitely be competing now

As for City, Chelse, PSG, etc their situation is a bit different because they started from nothing. It wasn't just about the squad with them. PSG signed great players pretty much instantly and won their league within a year or 2. So if you're aggressive and are ready to shell out cold hard cash, the players will come. It's just a matter of making the right choices. For instance I think PSG went about their choices much better than Man City. Leonardo raided Serie A for the best players he could get and it worked out

As for Rangers, I think the fact that you were relegated is a major factor. Juve didn't come up from Serie B and instantly start winning the league either, it was a long process and it took them time, not to mention finding the perfect coach to bring out the best in them
han2503
Btw, for the first time since as long as I can remember, we'll be wearing our white away kits today in the derby

Which I think is a good thing since last time we played them I was about to go cross-eyed due to the overly black styling in both kits
Fillipo Simone
Well. I'd rather the world watch us in our prime kits, but yes - I get your point.

Lineups anyone?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 15 2017, 10:25 AM) *
Well. I'd rather the world watch us in our prime kits, but yes - I get your point.

Lineups anyone?

Calabria--Zapata--Romagnoli--De Sciglio
Kucka--Sosa--Mati
Suso--Bacca-Deulofeu

Would have preferred Lacatelli instead of Mati as he puts in a good defensive shift
Nova
Is the take over now official ?
Nova
What a chance ...
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Apr 15 2017, 11:33 AM) *
Is the take over now official ?

Yes!

And so close!!

Deu took too long there
han2503
Watching this in the morning makes it feel like an oddly tense summer friendly

Just so weird

Icardi close now
Nova
Quite an interesting match actually
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Apr 15 2017, 11:48 AM) *
Quite an interesting match actually

Yep, both sides have a goal in them

Mostly due to them both making mistakes in defence, our passing out of defence has been worrying
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 15 2017, 01:50 PM) *
Yep, both sides have a goal in them

Mostly due to them both making mistakes in defence, our passing out of defence has been worrying

Delo really needs to pass more and quicker. Always goes for the dribble...
han2503
Man Deulofeu! Pass the ball FFS!!!

Literally trying to run it into the net
Forza Milan!
Ouch! We concede.

And how was that a yellow, BTW? He fell on the ball.
han2503
FFS! 1-0

Too easy, DS letting him walk through him
Nova
What a horrible defending ! Pathetic !!
Nova
We easily could have scored at least twice...
Forza Milan!
Almost let another in
Nova
We are really giving it away now with those horrible passes.
Forza Milan!
2-0
Nova
Our defence....
han2503
What a disgusting showing!

Totally listless in defence. DS has been a nightmare today. Does he want to leave this badly?
Forza Milan!
Got up at 3:30 am to watch this, going back to bed ...
han2503
We're going to get absolutely burned on the counter now
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 15 2017, 02:18 PM) *

Totally listless in defence. DS has been a nightmare today. Does he want to leave this badly?

At least now our new owners know they have to invest big
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 15 2017, 02:18 PM) *

Leave where? Cagliari and Crotone should be lining up after this newest performance. You know, Danny is right. The guy hasn't performed good for ages (especially consistently). I've been on his side for most of the years now, but I've had it. He's simply not cut for consistent good defending and adds up to nothing when attacking. Modern football has little use for such players.

Donnarumma with yet another let down game. Don't tell me he couldn't do anything with the conceded goals.

Midfield is terrible as well. Kucka needs to get out, Sosa preferably as well.
Nova
All in all , we cant perform because we don't have the players.

I know I've been saying it for years but it's true. There is nothing on the field worth wearing a Milan shirt.
And to think it's the derby for crying out loud!!
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 15 2017, 12:23 PM) *
Leave where? Cagliari and Crotone should be lining up after this newest performance. You know, Danny is right. The guy hasn't performed good for ages (especially consistently). I've been on his side for most of the years now, but I've had it. He's simply not cut for consistent good defending and adds up to nothing when attacking. Modern football has little use for such players.

Donnarumma with yet another let down game. Don't tell me he couldn't do anything with the conceded goals.

Midfield is terrible as well. Kucka needs to get out, Sosa preferably as well.

You're not allowed to be critical of 'THE BEST GOALKEEPER IN THE WORLD' Pippo, didn't you know (!)

Our defence has been....absolutely horrific. MDS, Romagnoli and Gigi have simply let us down today. When Zapata is the best defender in the team you know you're in trouble.

Hopeless.

And we can't score for toffee either. No composure.
Nova
I sit down for the second half and I see that crappy cross by Zapata ...

han2503
Fassone and co must be scratching their heads atm trying to think of where they're going to start fixing this mess
Fillipo Simone
This could end up ugly.
han2503
Calabria also struggling a lot to contain Perisic
Nova
Inter wants it more and actually can do more.
Almost 3-0 now... Wow
han2503
Finally he takes off Kucka who has been awful
han2503
Honestly sometimes I wonder why Bacca even bothers to come onto the pitch
Nova
What a dive by Delo !!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 15 2017, 02:52 PM) *
Honestly sometimes I wonder why Bacca even bothers to come onto the pitch

Bacca isn't the problem here though.
Nova
My god Bacca...
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 15 2017, 01:10 PM) *
Bacca isn't the problem here though.

He's part of it

He's become so slow, he was never a good dribbler but this is something else, he needs a lot of time to get the ball out from under his feet and it feels like we're a man down when he's playing because he can't even do simple hold-up play
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.