Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 3 - Milan - Udinese
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2016, 06:41 PM) *
With 4-4-2 last season we played our best football in years. We were comfortably 6th and in the Copa final. Then Miha got unjustly sacked and Brocchi changed formation to please Silvio's irrational demands.

4-4-2 is a surefire formation, because it's very basic in concept and any team play with it. It just requires effort and teamwork. Playing 3-5-2 would be a huge experiment that could go very badly for us.

Don't think Bacca and Lapadula are ideal strike partners, too similar, both poachers who rely on service.

Also not sure about such a soft centre in that midfield, would prefer to drop Monto and play Kucka instead
d'Arc.LP
Probable Xl vs. Udinese (4-4-2):
Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Suso, Sosa, Montolivo, Bonaventura; Bacca, Lapadula.
#GdS
han2503
Poli has recovered for this... Not that it makes much of a difference.
d'Arc.LP
Milan are unbeaten in their last nine meetings against Udinese at the San Siro (W6 D3). #FourFourTwo

The Rossoneri have found the net in each of their last 18 home games against the Friulani in Serie A (an average of 2.8 per game). #FourFourTwo

Milan have conceded six goals after two matchdays, equalling their worst tally in Serie A (like in 1946/47 and 1983/84). All of these six goals have been from inside the penalty box. #FourFourTwo

Milan and Udinese are the two teams with the fewest ball recoveries so far in this Serie A campaign (both have 92). However, Giacomo Bonaventura is the player with the most recoveries this season (21). #FourFourTwo

Montolivo has played 20 times against Udinese, more than against any other Serie A opponent (W10 D2 L8). #FourFourTwo

Udinese have failed to win their last 11 away matches (Serie A). #WhoScored
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 8 2016, 07:58 PM) *
Don't think Bacca and Lapadula are ideal strike partners, too similar, both poachers who rely on service.

Also not sure about such a soft centre in that midfield, would prefer to drop Monto and play Kucka instead

Not exactly. Lapadula runs channels like a mad man and has a great work rate. I think he'd work out well for Bacca if their roles are clearly defined. I'm guessing it is a 4-4-2 when defending and a 4-2-4 when attacking.
X-Offender
Looks like we might stick to 4-3-3:

Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Sosa, Montolivo, Poli; Suso, Bacca, Bonaventura.

/Mediaset

I'd rather make it a 4-2-3-1:

Donnarumma
Abate - Paletta - Romagnoli - MDS
Poli - Monto
Suso - Sosa - Bona
Bacca
maldini03
Glad to see that Montella is looking to pick MDS consistently, but I really can't stand Poli as a starter. I appreciate the guys effort, he is always working off the ball, but he usually has nothing to show for it. He doesn't win the ball back with any consistency, he is a below average passer and dribbler and has really no sense for goal. I doubt this midfield will work, but I'd assume that Bona will be up and down the sidelines all day, he will have to drop in to that midfield so we can crowd the center of the field.

I hope we get a win here, every game is vital at this point, and 3 points here will give this team short on quality some confidence to build off of.
han2503
I agree about Poli. I'd rather see Kucka start who might not be all that good either but at least he gets involved, Poli just runs around aimlessly until he completely loses steam. He simply adds nothing to the team and it usually feels like we're playing with a man less when he's on the pitch
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2016, 07:46 AM) *
I agree about Poli. I'd rather see Kucka start who might not be all that good either but at least he gets involved, Poli just runs around aimlessly until he completely loses steam. He simply adds nothing to the team and it usually feels like we're playing with a man less when he's on the pitch

Kucka is banned for two weeks. Poli is the only DM available right now.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 10 2016, 10:49 AM) *
Kucka is banned for two weeks. Poli is the only DM available right now.

Ah, you're right, totally forgot about his idiocy against Napoli...

So we're considering Poli a DM now?
Nova
http://milanfan.better-than.tv:8001/1:0:19...3:EB0000:0:0:0:

can someone test this stream in vlc please ?
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Sep 10 2016, 02:08 PM) *
http://milanfan.better-than.tv:8001/1:0:19...3:EB0000:0:0:0:

can someone test this stream in vlc please ?

Works perfectly well for me Nova
X-Offender
Do you plan to stream games again? smile.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2016, 11:47 AM) *
Ah, you're right, totally forgot about his idiocy against Napoli...

So we're considering Poli a DM now?

What else is he?
Nova
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 10 2016, 04:41 PM) *
Do you plan to stream games again? smile.gif

If I have the time , yes laugh.gif
maldini03
I think of Poli as strictly a cm, guy has no defensive ability thus he can't be a dm.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 10 2016, 02:42 PM) *
What else is he?

A ghost?

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Sep 10 2016, 04:46 PM) *
I think of Poli as strictly a cm, guy has no defensive ability thus he can't be a dm.

Agreed. I think of him as a midfielder but honestly, he has no single quality which jumps at you when you think of him, certainly not defensive abilities
d'Arc.LP
Official line-up:
(4-3-3): Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Poli, Montolivo, Sosa; Suso, Bacca, Bonaventura.

Bench:
Luiz Adriano, De Sciglio, Lapadula, Gomez, Calabria, Pasalic, Locatelli, Vangioni, Honda, Gabriel, Plizarri
han2503
Hoping for a better showing in defence than we've seen so far. We can't keep conceding goals at the rate we've been so far
William405
Will be interested to see what Sosa offers.
d'Arc.LP
Good ball by Suso for Bacca there. He was very slow.
X-Offender
Poli and Sosa doing a good job thus far.
han2503
Sosa doing very well so far, adds another dimension to our midfield, definitely better than Bona in that position
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 11 2016, 04:21 PM) *
Poli and Sosa doing a good job thus far.

I second that.
d'Arc.LP
I think we should have played with 4-4-2 here. Bonaventura doesnt look convincing where he is playing. And I would like to see Lapadula play.
d'Arc.LP
What a shot by Sosa.
Jack Sparrow
We just seem to lack that killer ball in the final third. Everything else we seem to be doing okay.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 11 2016, 04:41 PM) *
We just seem to lack that killer ball in the final third. Everything else we seem to be doing okay.

They players also look quite tired. Especially Bacca.
X-Offender
Suso being selfish there.
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 11 2016, 02:28 PM) *
I think we should have played with 4-4-2 here. Bonaventura doesnt look convincing where he is playing. And I would like to see Lapadula play.

I quite agree. Remove Montolivo's corpse and play Lapadula.
han2503
Bacca seems to have lost that little change of pace he had
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 11 2016, 04:46 PM) *
Suso being selfish there.

And that's his main problem. He's not showing the intelligence and versatility one would expect him to have. All he does is mostly shoot.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 11 2016, 04:51 PM) *
Bacca seems to have lost that little change of pace he had

Agreed. Hopefully it's one off game.
Jack Sparrow
Abate is also looking very out of form. He's not giving Suso the kind of offensive support you'd expect. Plus he seems to be caught out of position a lot and is scrambling back.
d'Arc.LP
Paletta playing quite good today.
han2503
I don't understand why they put the ball out when someone is fake rolling around on the floor. Just ridiculous
X-Offender
We're playing like crap.
Jack Sparrow
Well..not doing anything offensively. And they've packed up deep, like 6 people in the box to combat two forwards
William405
The commentator called Montolivo..Montoliva..righfully so..
Jack Sparrow
We need subs...and fresh legs. Pasalic and Lapadula? Or Adriano?
X-Offender
WTF is Montella doing?? Make some changes FFS!
X-Offender
Honda for Sosa.

han2503
Losing points here, to one of the worst teams in league...
Jack Sparrow
Look..they've set out to earn a point and that's what they're doing. Our lack of quality is showing up for sure.
han2503
We're just so static. No movement at all so it's obvious that we can't find a way to get through their defensive lines.

Suso and Bona are just one trick ponies, who continually try the same thing over and over again.

Bacca is invisible, this is what I meant about him being a 1 dimensional striker, he offers nothing else to the team aside from scoring the obvious chance goals

Montolivo seems to continually move in slow motion, just so slow and lethargic.

Sosa imo was one of our few good players and he's been taken off. Poli as well has been doing well and he's also been taken off... I think Montella feels obligated to leave Monto in there because he's captain most of the time
han2503
Lol, and we lose rolleyes.gif
d'Arc.LP
I knew it.
Jack Sparrow
Not our bloody day is it? Stroke of luck for Udinese. The cross bar and the lucky deflection for the goal.
X-Offender
Totally deserved. Go home you bunch of losers.
han2503
Pathetic, Abate has been awful so far in every game this season. I think it's time to give Calabria a proper chance
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.