Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 30 - Milan - Lazio
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2
han2503
Let's see if we continue this downward trend that we've started this month...
Fillipo Simone
Who knows at this point. What's the lineup?
kurtsimonw
Surely can't lose, Lazio have been terrible.
Nova
Present cool.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 20 2016, 05:10 PM) *
Surely can't lose, Lazio have been terrible.

Surely you haven't been watching Milan much this season tongue.gif

Anything is possible atm with the level of inconsistency we've shown this season
han2503

0-1
han2503
Terrible defending! Who was supposed to be covering Parolo?
han2503
BACCCAAA

Great work from Adriano there
han2503
Adriano's hold up play is really impressive
Nova
Lazio haven't won in like 26years at San Siro ...
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 20 2016, 09:05 PM) *

The way we started the game it looked like that was about to change rolleyes.gif

We've grown into it though, doing much better after the goal now
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 20 2016, 11:14 PM) *
The way we started the game it looked like that was about to change rolleyes.gif

We've grown into it though, doing much better after the goal now

This game has a draw written all over it...

Lazio ain't playing badly either .
Nova
Free kick for Milan on a good position
han2503
Off the bar!!

Great attempt by Bona
Nova
Hit the bar !!
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 20 2016, 09:19 PM) *
This game has a draw written all over it...

Lazio ain't playing badly either .

Have a feeling we can pull this out of the bag tbh
Nova
God , I miss the days with Kaka , Maldini , Sheva , ...
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 20 2016, 09:28 PM) *
God , I miss the days with Kaka , Maldini , Sheva , ...

Don't we all?

Don't get me wrong I think we have a couple of good eggs on this team, but sadly that's hugely outweighed by the bad ones
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 20 2016, 11:05 PM) *

More like 40 years. Back in the 70's.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 20 2016, 11:34 PM) *
Don't we all?

Don't get me wrong I think we have a couple of good eggs on this team, but sadly that's hugely outweighed by the bad ones

Let's name them, shall we? Bad ones - ? Good ones - ?
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 20 2016, 05:46 PM) *

Good: Bonaventura, Bacca, Abate, Alex
Young with potential: Donnaruma, Romagnoli
Bad: everyone else
Nova
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 20 2016, 11:46 PM) *

Zapata , bad egg
Nova
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 20 2016, 11:46 PM) *
More like 40 years. Back in the 70's.

The reporter said 26 , but he is Dutch , they dont give a shite about Italian Football. Only tiki-taka cr@p
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 20 2016, 09:46 PM) *

I can easily name the few good ones.

Abate, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Bacca.

I'm not meaning good vs bad as in character of the individuals, just that they're simply not players that should be playing at Milan

The 4 mentioned above I think are the ones who have really shown up for us this season imo and have been great examples for the rest
milanbuf88
So close Bona!
milanbuf88
So close Bona!
milanbuf88
Balo on for Adriano. Adriano has been pretty invisible for most of the game since his assist.
Nova
Not a draw please ...
milanbuf88
Second yellow for Lulic! We have 8 minutes with a man advantage to get the win.
han2503
What a waste...
milanbuf88
1-1. Another lost opportunity. We couldn't get one clear chance with 8 minutes up a man. Pathetic.
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 20 2016, 10:25 PM) *
Not a draw please ...

Seems to be the trend for us atm

At this rate, if we keep drawing we won't even be able to get6th place
Nova
And we drew ... It's hopeless
Nova
The only good thing tonight was the pizza pepperoni I ate watching the game
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2016, 12:40 AM) *
Seems to be the trend for us atm

At this rate, if we keep drawing we won't even be able to get6th place

Get? We are 6th. And it's ours to lose.

You speak of a waste, but the way I see it, Milan cemented their place to 6th. Maybe we can get 5th or fall down to 7th, but...
kurtsimonw
Yeah, we play 4 of the same teams that Sassuolo too in our remaining 8 too - all bottom clubs. Main difference is they have Fiorentina/Inter and we have Juve/Roma. I'd be surprised if we don't get 6th now.
Jack Sparrow
I think 6th is a very fair position. It's all we deserve. We haven't been bad enough to not get Europe but not so great as to finish just below the top 3 either. We're leagues away from the fluency of Fiorentina and Napoli or even Roma.

I was thinking about our 'collapse' in recent years and the biggest thing I felt I overlooked other than all the lack of money is that we haven't really replaced Braida and Leonardo after they left. Instead in some weird way, it has been Galliani doing that bit as well.

For next season, or maybe even towards the end of this season, I'd like us to hire a proper Director of Football/Sporting Director. We hear rumours of Lippi and more recently Sabatini and this is where we need to be careful and make our moves.

What's everyone's opinion on Mihajlovic though? Do you want him to see out the contract or is it out with him?

I do think he has a tendency to plateau but I guess, but I'm completely undecided on whether I want him to stay one more season or not.
X-Offender
I agree, Jack. 6th place is all we deserve. 4th or 5th would be an overachievement. Heck, even the Coppa final is a overachievement, and we only got there because we got Carpi and Alessandria in the final rounds.

As for Miha, I personally don't mind him. He's definitely an upgrade over Inzaghi, but at the same time he's not the proper tactician we need to get us through the mediocrity we've hit. Granted, the coach is only part of the puzzle, but I'd like to have somebody else instead.

Why haven't we ever considered Donadoni? He took Parma to great heights before their bankruptcy, and look at Bologna now. They were bottom of the table before he took over. Not to mention he's an old Milanista.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 20 2016, 10:42 PM) *
Get? We are 6th. And it's ours to lose.

You speak of a waste, but the way I see it, Milan cemented their place to 6th. Maybe we can get 5th or fall down to 7th, but...

Yeah, we are 6th but we seem to have hit a wall atm, and as kurt pointed out, Sassuolo have an easy run in as well.

Maybe I was a bit too pessimistic having posted that right after the game, a game we should have won imo. But I just feel like we've lost that bit of edge that had been carrying us through in the previous 3 to 4 months or so.

We'll see, this international break has definitely come about at a good point for us. Just when Inter were starting to rebuild their momentum and we were losing our. It will probably serve as not only a good break for the players physically but also mentally

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 22 2016, 01:56 PM) *
I think 6th is a very fair position. It's all we deserve. We haven't been bad enough to not get Europe but not so great as to finish just below the top 3 either. We're leagues away from the fluency of Fiorentina and Napoli or even Roma.

I was thinking about our 'collapse' in recent years and the biggest thing I felt I overlooked other than all the lack of money is that we haven't really replaced Braida and Leonardo after they left. Instead in some weird way, it has been Galliani doing that bit as well.

For next season, or maybe even towards the end of this season, I'd like us to hire a proper Director of Football/Sporting Director. We hear rumours of Lippi and more recently Sabatini and this is where we need to be careful and make our moves.

What's everyone's opinion on Mihajlovic though? Do you want him to see out the contract or is it out with him?

I do think he has a tendency to plateau but I guess, but I'm completely undecided on whether I want him to stay one more season or not.

My stance on Miha is that I'd keep him if the replacement is going to be another run of the mill mid-table level coach.

Sure we're being linked to Di Francesco who I think has done some really great things at Sassuolo, but I'm sceptical if that is going to translate as well at Milan.

Plus I think that it's important to get some continuity going, and the players seem to really have gotten behind Miha.

I think we've done as well as we could with the squad we have imo.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 22 2016, 02:11 PM) *
I agree, Jack. 6th place is all we deserve. 4th or 5th would be an overachievement. Heck, even the Coppa final is a overachievement, and we only got there because we got Carpi and Alessandria in the final rounds.

As for Miha, I personally don't mind him. He's definitely an upgrade over Inzaghi, but at the same time he's not the proper tactician we need to get us through the mediocrity we've hit. Granted, the coach is only part of the puzzle, but I'd like to have somebody else instead.

Why haven't we ever considered Donadoni? He took Parma to great heights before their bankruptcy, and look at Bologna now. They were bottom of the table before he took over. Not to mention he's an old Milanista.

Hmm, I like Donadoni. I just don't think it's fair to sack Miha atm as he's done all that he could with what he has.

Plus he's given us a possibility at silverware this season and gotten us to a final that we haven't been able to get to in well over a decade now. Sure the road has been relatively easy, but having said that, we've ruined easy chances in the Coppa for years now, so he must have done something right to get us there
Jack Sparrow
A problem with Donadoni or any other being touted is that they don't really have the leadership charisma to drag a team upwards. So, a coach like Simeone or Mourinho for example. Our problem seems to mental in terms of having that edge to finish games.

Our leaders aren't truly winning ones, so maybe they can't hold the attention of the group. Why should a Menez or a Balotelli truly respect Montolivo or Abate other than some seniority rule in a club for which they feel very little anyway?

Now the rumours are we are going to bring back Zlatan to bring in that leadership and extra quality into the dressing room.

Better late than never I guess. I always maintain the biggest reason for our downfall was to sell BOTH Silva and Zlatan in one window. PSG built on that, while we fell more and more into an abyss.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 23 2016, 12:58 PM) *
I always maintain the biggest reason for our downfall was to sell BOTH Silva and Zlatan in one window. PSG built on that, while we fell more and more into an abyss.

But of course. That summer, along with the goodbyes of the various Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Van Bommel, Inzaghi etc. marked the start of our inevitable downfall.
Jack Sparrow
Now rumours that we might sell Donnarumma and Bacca to balance the books. And instead keep Balotelli. laugh.gif

The dumb rumours aside, how much is the outlay this season going to affect us financially? I think we might be forced to go deep into Europa League next season.

But if I take a step back and look at our transfers, except for Bertolacci, we haven't really had any major flop transfers. Romagnoli has been good, Kucka has been good, Bacca as well. Only Balotelli (who's hardly played and hasn't cost us much beyond wages) and Bertolacci have been flops.

I hope Bertolacci will pick up next season. And not turn into another Aquilani.
Fillipo Simone
Sadly, I don't think he's cut out for us at all. A second season won't, IMO, change anything.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 29 2016, 06:45 PM) *
Sadly, I don't think he's cut out for us at all. A second season won't, IMO, change anything.

+1
Jack Sparrow
That's the thing that confuses me. On paper we easily have the personnel to play a 4-3-3/ 4-3-1-2 in attack and a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 when defending.

Abate--Romagnoli---Alex---Antonelli
---Kucka---Montolivio---Bertolacci----
--Honda-----Bacca/Adriano----Bonaventura

I see a distinct problem in transition but that's exactly what Bertolacci was supposed to solve. A dribbler who can pass.
kurtsimonw
It still makes me sad to see Honda in the team
Fillipo Simone
Half of the team makes me sad.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 30 2016, 07:25 AM) *
That's the thing that confuses me. On paper we easily have the personnel to play a 4-3-3/ 4-3-1-2 in attack and a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 when defending.

Abate--Romagnoli---Alex---Antonelli
---Kucka---Montolivio---Bertolacci----
--Honda-----Bacca/Adriano----Bonaventura

I see a distinct problem in transition but that's exactly what Bertolacci was supposed to solve. A dribbler who can pass.

Bertolacci has the same problems that Honda does. Both are incredibly weak and get knocked off the ball too easily. Also neither has the speed to blow past defenders. Neither are awful players and they both can place a pass when given space/time but they crumble when under defensive pressure. Simply put they aren't good enough. Bertolacci might improve with some time in the gym working on his strength but it won't happen over night.
Fillipo Simone
At least Honda has a solid shot and can manage a precise pass from time to time. Berto is just unreliable.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 31 2016, 12:02 PM) *
At least Honda has a solid shot and can manage a precise pass from time to time. Berto is just unreliable.

Honda is just as unreliable in my opinion. I think the only reason he looks slightly better is that there is less consistent defensive pressure out wide.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.