Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 28 - Sassuolo - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2
han2503
Winning this would not only help us get close the gap to either one of Roma or Fiorentina (or even both), it will help us open an even wider gap between us and Sassuolo so another must win

It's not going to be easy considering our recent record against this team, but we won the reverse fixture when we were playing a lot worse than we are now so I have hope that we can do the job here, if nothing else grind out the win to take all 3 points home

Fiorentina-Roma is currently underway
Nova
And El Sharaawy scores yet again ...
han2503
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 4 2016, 09:14 PM) *
And El Sharaawy scores yet again ...

He's on fire atm

A great assist just now as well.

I actually feel very sad watching him, but then I ask myself, would it have worked for him with us? I just don't know, maybe we should have given him a chance to come back after his failed attempt at Monaco, but that could just have easily ended up with him being injured for months on end again.

At least this way he's really showing what he can do. A perfect fit at Roma and their football style imo.

Also, it grates that we'll be getting a minimal fee because Galliani negotiated an OPTIONAL buy out clause. He should have not included one at all or included one that is steeper than the meagre 15 million or so euros we could potentially get for him
X-Offender
15m is enough for someone like El Shaarway.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 5 2016, 04:52 PM) *
15m is enough for someone like El Shaarway.

If he continues to perform like he is atm, then no, it's not enough. It's us getting ripped off thanks to Galliani
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 5 2016, 10:08 PM) *
If he continues to perform like he is atm, then no, it's not enough. It's us getting ripped off thanks to Galliani

He's performing like a 15m-worth player performs.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 5 2016, 11:37 PM) *
He's performing like a 15m-worth player performs.

Disagree, and if this was anyone else other than El Shaarawy you wouldn't be saying so either
milanbuf88
Starting line up: Donnarumma; De Sciglio, Alex, Zapata, Antonelli; Honda, Kucka, Bertolacci, Bonaventura; Bacca, Balotelli

I hope Zapata continues to play well. I'd prefer Romagnoli in there.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Mar 6 2016, 02:28 PM) *
Starting line up: Donnarumma; De Sciglio, Alex, Zapata, Antonelli; Honda, Kucka, Bertolacci, Bonaventura; Bacca, Balotelli

I hope Zapata continues to play well. I'd prefer Romagnoli in there.

Yep, maybe Romagnoli isn't deemed fit enough to play a full game in the league considering it's not going to be a stroll like Alessandria

Either way, I hope that's the reason for dropping him because losing points at this point because of one of Zapata's uber mistakes when we have Romagnoli on the bench will have to be put on Miha's shoulders and his alone

Also, what's wrong with Monto and Abate?

Wasn't Monto suspended for just last week?
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 6 2016, 10:41 AM) *
Yep, maybe Romagnoli isn't deemed fit enough to play a full game in the league considering it's not going to be a stroll like Alessandria

Either way, I hope that's the reason for dropping him because losing points at this point because of one of Zapata's uber mistakes when we have Romagnoli on the bench will have to be put on Miha's shoulders and his alone

Also, what's wrong with Monto and Abate?

Wasn't Monto suspended for just last week?

I think Abate is suspended. Not sure about Monto.
milanbuf88
Nova, can you stream the match today? If so it would be greatly appreciated.
han2503
Honda should have done better on that rebound!
milanbuf88
Early chance for Honda off a spilled save.
han2503
Another chance for Honda...

Really weak attempts from him, at least we're doing well to get through
milanbuf88
Bacca should have passed to Balo there...
han2503
Should have passed to Mario there Bacca...

Where is everyone btw?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 6 2016, 03:10 PM) *
Should have passed to Mario there Bacca...

Where is everyone btw?

Can't find a stream.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 6 2016, 11:13 AM) *
Can't find a stream.

Not perfect and no announcers but it works: http://www.sports-stream.net/ch3.html
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 6 2016, 03:13 PM) *
Can't find a stream.

http://cricfree.tv/watch/live/sassuolo-vs-...-live-streaming
milanbuf88
****. Goal for Sassuolo off a corner.
han2503
.... 1-0
X-Offender
Thanks.

That was a great goal, though.
Nova
I'm sorry guys , I'm not home today ... Wasn't able to stream it anyway cause NO ONE was showing it !! mad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 6 2016, 03:28 PM) *
Thanks.

That was a great goal, though.

First real shot for them. Shouldn't have let the ball run across like that though
maldini03
It was a nice goal, for me Zapata isn't playing well. He keeps trying to dribble out of the back. We miss Monto, Berto simply doesn't spread the ball the same way.

Neither Balo or Bacca is moving into the hole behind the other, this is why Niang is a better complement to either one.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 6 2016, 11:28 AM) *
I'm sorry guys , I'm not home today ... Wasn't able to stream it anyway cause NO ONE was showing it !! mad.gif

That's annoying. Milan needs to get back to the old winning ways so we're always on tv! These streams also just make me appreciate yours even more haha.
Nova
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Mar 6 2016, 05:40 PM) *
That's annoying. Milan needs to get back to the old winning ways so we're always on tv! These streams also just make me appreciate yours even more haha.

I'm working on something quite great , needs some testing and then we should be able to watch all games. king.gif

Han , check your PM mate
maldini03
We are getting picked apart defensively. Our midfield can't keep the ball and our forwards have been completely ineffective which is heaping the pressure on the back line. Menez needs to be brought on for the second half for either Balo or Bacca, both have been crap.
han2503
Typical from Zapata.

This is why he absolutely should not be trusted, straight at Sansone FFS!!
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 6 2016, 11:43 AM) *
I'm working on something quite great , needs some testing and then we should be able to watch all games. king.gif

Han , check your PM mate

That sounds fantastic!
han2503
We have played absolutely terribly ever since we conceded, we started out well, but it went downhill after the goal.

Why is Monto not playing? Is he on the bench or is he injured? Why is Romagnoli not playing? why risk giving a run to Zapata when we all know he tends to get worse the more you play him as he seems to relax too much and makes idiotic errors.

Losing points now at this moment is going to be a huge blow to our run-in.

Just typical of us really
milanbuf88
Zapata has been terrible. De Sciglio hasn't been very good either. We miss Monto in the middle and Abate's attacking threat down the right.
Fillipo Simone
I don't think Zapata is to be blamed that much. Yes, he made one wrong pass. But other then that it's mostly Alex and his lack of speed compared to the Sassuolo attack that caused problems.

But how we went downhill from Duncans goal onward is what makes me furious.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 6 2016, 03:52 PM) *
I don't think Zapata is to be blamed that much. Yes, he made one wrong pass. But other then that it's mostly Alex and his lack of speed compared to the Sassuolo attack that caused problems.

But how we went downhill from Duncans goal onward is what makes me furious.

Alex is always a risk with his lack of speed but he generally makes up for it with in other ways.

Zapata has lunged in early and didn't get the ball while his opponent ran free while he was on his @ss and that pass just typifies him in a nutshell and it's why he's an absolute liability to have in that defence.

And the goal I don't think can be attributed to any single person. however they did go a bit to sleep while letting it run all the way across our area.

And I agree, the most frustrating thing so far is how they've reacted to conceding. They need to wake up and try everything they can to get all 3 points ASAP or all our CL hope will die today
maldini03
Yeah there is no one to be blamed for that goal, but Zapata has generally not been good. His last few games were an aberration it seems, which is what most of us thought. De Sciglio hasn't been bad for me, they have been attacking down Antonelli's side more, finding the space between him and Bona.

Monto is better in every way compared to Berto, which is a shame really. Balo and Bacca have done nothing to help the team. They are occupying the same space, with neither dropping into the middle to support the other and bring the ball up.
Nova
Han , I sent you another link
milanbuf88
Menez on for Balotelli
maldini03
Menez comes on and the entire attitude of the team changes. This isn't a coincidence, Balotelli brings the whole team. He's lazy and completely unmotivated. You can deal with this when he brings that X-factor and that ability to change the game by himself, but now he can't even do that. Not even worth the 5 million Liverpool would give him away for.
Nova
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Mar 6 2016, 06:18 PM) *
Menez comes on and the entire attitude of the team changes. This isn't a coincidence, Balotelli brings the whole team. He's lazy and completely unmotivated. You can deal with this when he brings that X-factor and that ability to change the game by himself, but now he can't even do that. Not even worth the 5 million Liverpool would give him away for.

And I really believe Balo is totally overrated. Acts like a superstar with nothing to show for
han2503
Kucka has been terrible as well. His idiotic passes and attempts and trying out cool moves has put us under pressure multiple times.

Can't see us scoring a single goal here, let alone 2 to get the 3 points we absolutely need
maldini03
QUOTE (Nova @ Mar 6 2016, 09:23 AM) *
And I really believe Balo is totally overrated. Acts like a superstar with nothing to show for

He used to have that quality, I think of the game where he scored a screamer for us from 35 or so yards, or the Italy game against Germany in the Euro Cup I believe. That ability has completely evaporated.

His attitude isn't even that of a superstar, its's like a petulant child. You don't see Messi doing that and he is the best player in the world.
Nova
Sweet Jesus !!!!!!!!
han2503
2-0

Don't have anything to say after that. Just inexcusable performance today. And that's basically our season right there (we still get EL through the Coppa btw, so we literally have nothing to play for now)
Fillipo Simone
No, I really don't think Balotelli is the problem. The entire mentality change? Urm, I don't think so.

Our midfield, starting with Kucka, is the main culprit here, if there is one. What a typical waste of ours.
han2503
Will be playing against 10 men for about 14 minutes now, let's try to make it count...
Nova
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Mar 6 2016, 06:27 PM) *
He used to have that quality, I think of the game where he scored a screamer for us from 35 or so yards, or the Italy game against Germany in the Euro Cup I believe. That ability has completely evaporated.

His attitude isn't even that of a superstar, its's like a petulant child. You don't see Messi doing that and he is the best player in the world.

Maybe he had that quality, but all the time ? I think he is heavily dependant on his teammates wherever he plays. Waste of talent
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 6 2016, 04:29 PM) *
No, I really don't think Balotelli is the problem. The entire mentality change? Urm, I don't think so.

Our midfield, starting with Kucka, is the main culprit here, if there is one. What a typical waste of ours.

Kucka has been awful I agree there, but I disagree about it being our main issue, Bertolacci hasn't really done anything of note either.

The attack hasn't clicked at all today
maldini03
How can you explain that in recent weeks Kucka has been one of the hardest working players out there. Balotelli is lazy, he doesn't help the team at all. Conversely Niang will drop deep in midfield to get the ball and bring it forward.

I'm not saying that Balotelli is the entire problem, Bertolacci isn't equipped to replace what Monto brings to the team. Zapata playing when you have Romagnoli healthy is ludacris, regardless of how he has played in the past few weeks. De Sciglio isn't half the player Abate is. There are many problems with the team out here today. Not one player has put in a good performance, except maybe Honda and Antonelli. This is what happens when you have to give De Sciglio the armband, there are no leaders out there today.

Say what you will about Monto and Abate, but they are the best leaders we have on this team.
Nova
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 6 2016, 06:33 PM) *
Will be playing against 10 men for about 14 minutes now, let's try to make it count...

Sassuolo show no signs of weakening ...

Sassuolo !!!!! That name , we Milan are losing against Sassu f*cking olo ...
I cannot believe it man
maldini03
They have our number, no way around it. Di Francesco is a good young coach, I wouldn't mind seeing him here one day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.