Who: A.S. Roma vs. A.C. Milan

Where: Stadio Olimpico Rome

When:
9th January 2015 @ 8:45pm CET

Serie A Form Guide:

Milan: WDDWL
Roma: LDDWD
han2503
Milan: Donnarumma; Abate, Zapata, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Honda, Kucka, Bertolacci, Bonaventura; Luiz Adriano, Bacca
han2503
Back with Zapata... Hasn't Miha learnt his lesson with him?
William405
I don't think it matters honestly. Our CBs are all terrible and prone to big mistakes. Romangoli is the only sure performer.

han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 9 2016, 08:42 PM) *
I don't think it matters honestly. Our CBs are all terrible and prone to big mistakes. Romangoli is the only sure performer.

Alex and Mexes have both been solid when they've played (Alex mostly since Mexes has missed a big chunk of games due to injury). Playing Zapata is not only risking it, but asking for it while bending over
han2503
Going to get absolutely hammered here
milanbuf88
I missed the goal by turning it on late. We've looking pretty bad in all that I've seen. We have plenty of possession but we're so impotent. Nice save by Donna off the corner though. Keeping us in the game.
milanbuf88
Holy crap Kucka only has one mode: kick the **** out of the ball. I swear he skies it every time whether it's a shot or cross.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 9 2016, 09:17 PM) *
Holy crap Kucka only has one mode: kick the **** out of the ball. I swear he skies it every time whether it's a shot or cross.

Don't understand dropping Monto to play him.

Also, it's been frantic so far, Roma are just as tragic as we are at the back, we just don't have the know how to crack them like they do us
han2503
We have no midfield. This 4-2-4 thing is just suicide. absolutely makes no sense, we're absolutely getting run over
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 9 2016, 05:23 PM) *
Don't understand dropping Monto to play him.

Also, it's been frantic so far, Roma are just as tragic as we are at the back, we just don't have the know how to crack them like they do us

Agreed. Kucka is so one dimensional. He's useful as a late game hussle player but he has no business starting.

Unfortunately we have a distinct lack of match winners to capitalize on Roma's weakness.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 9 2016, 05:28 PM) *
We have no midfield. This 4-2-4 thing is just suicide. absolutely makes no sense, we're absolutely getting run over

It could work if it didn't include Honda and Kucka. They are barely better than playing without two men.
maldini03
Zapata at fault for the goal, clearly Miha hasn't learned his lesson. That being said Mexes and Alex were both poor last week, we are in dire straights for a defender. Spot on with that description of Kucka, that being said he is pretty decent when it comes to winning the ball back. Bertolacci is our best midfielder on the season IMO. I don't understand the decision to play Honda instead of Niang, although he is hustling at least. Same can be said for Adriano who does track back.
milanbuf88
Of course now Honda assists Kucka. Serves me right haha
han2503
And he misses a sitter.

Playing so much better now though
han2503
What a missed opportunity that was...
maldini03
Second half was a serious improvement, good start from Boateng, he looked hungry. A point from Rome away is more than I expected
han2503
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 9 2016, 10:44 PM) *
Second half was a serious improvement, good start from Boateng, he looked hungry. A point from Rome away is more than I expected

Still, looking at how the game unfolded, we should have won that

Once again, some seriously terrible finishing cost us, just like it did against Bologna.

It would have been easier to score that chance than to lump it over like Kucka did
maldini03
I completely agree han, we had a few chances to score, and its the same problem we had against Bologna. To me Bacca has lacked the edge he did earlier in the season. Some of the chances he has had in the past two games he would have buried earlier in the season.

Our inability to finish chances can't come down on the coach though. If we had been more clinical in the past two games we would have taken six points instead of one. Miha did well today he brought the guys in at half and said something because they came out in the second half looking for blood.

Overall, this team needs confidence. For this I think the answer is in the team, Boateng, Balotelli, and Menez all absorb a lot of criticism and they are extremely confident players. It seems that if we can't find a goal in the first half everyone's heads drop, but that changed today. We need leaders but in the absence of leaders we need guys who soak up a lot of pressure from fans, and from opposing players. These three players are heavily scrutinized which takes pressure off of guys not used to shouldering it, Bona, Berto, Niang. This of course isn't the Milan way but this season we must make the EL it's the best way to rebuild without a huge cash infusion.
X-Offender
Haven't seen the last three game as pledged, but I saw the highlights against Bologna and we had a ton of chances to score. Now I hear that we missed some good chances tonight as well, Bacca hitting the bar being one of them. If we had capitalized, we might stand in a different position. So, on top of being crap, our players have a crap aim as well. How brilliant...
Nova
As I said before , Milan doesnt win games , the opponent loses. We lost at home to Bologna ffs, I don't care how many chances we
had, we lost. Yes, we could have won yesterday but in the end we didn't. It's always the same story, I'm so tired of it. And we wonder
where the problem is, it's everywhere. The whole club is infested with mediocrity, from top to bottom. Boateng ??? Really ?? That's our salvation?
Buying has been players ala kaka & sheva hoping they will become great again ? What a shameful way to do business...
Really I'm hurt seeing those players wearing the Milan shirt. So frustrated!!
han2503
Well it's obvious that the problems run deep and it's pointless to point the finger at just one area, because all of them are problematic, starting with Galliani and Silvio

And even though Silvio has stuck with Galliani for all these years, I can't help but notice the seemingly childish competition they both have with each other in trying to find the next Sacchi/Cappello/Carlo. Galliani picks and back Allegri, Silvio does everything he can to undermine and Allegri in the media. Silvio picks Seedorf, Galliani doesn't stop until he's out of the picture. Galliani pick Pippo and Miha, Silvio continually drags them publicly and criticises them heavily through the media.

These two old fools have basically turned everything at Milan into a joke.

Add the fact that we haven't had a really good coach since Carlo, and the fact that our players are far from what we were once used to having and you see this mess we're in now.

I still watch because it's basically force of habit now, but I just don't feel any enthusiasm towards watching this team, where in the past I used to get jittery before each game

Anyway, Coppa game tonight, we should just discuss here, no point in opening another thread
han2503
Are Mexes and Alex both injured?
Fillipo Simone
You watching the Coppa game?
X-Offender
Han is a masochist. tongue.gif
CrazyMilanFan
2-1 for the coppa game
Fillipo Simone
And for the semi we have a Serie B team, right?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 13 2016, 11:46 PM) *
And for the semi we have a Serie B team, right?

Yes. Either Spezia or Alessandria. We basically have the road to the final paved in gold. And winning the Copa means not only winning a goddamn trophy, but also a EL spot. It's the maximum we can achieve right now, and we should go for it.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 13 2016, 07:50 PM) *
Yes. Either Spezia or Alessandria. We basically have the road to the final paved in gold. And winning the Copa means not only winning a goddamn trophy, but also a EL spot. It's the maximum we can achieve right now, and we should go for it.

Apparently the Copa no longer offers a EL spot.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 14 2016, 12:47 PM) *
Apparently the Copa no longer offers a EL spot.

unsure.gif
Fillipo Simone
What?
X-Offender
Yes, what? blink.gif
han2503
Where did you get that info from?

Pretty sure the domestic cup winner from each league gets a EL spot the following season

Also, was pretty happy with the overall performance, it was clear that they were going for it all out, should have won by more, Bacca should have killed the game in the second half when he went clean through but decided to play for a penalty.

Typical lapse in concentration resulted in us conceding. It really p!sses me off to no end to see us turn a situation which is in our favour (a corner) into a deadly counter attacking move for the opposition, and this isn't the first time that we have conceded in this manner either this season
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.