Head-to-Head Record

Serie A Form Guide:
Milan: LWDDW
Bologna: DLWWL
han2503
So absolutely no one is watching?

Just tuned in myself
X-Offender
Nope, not watching. 77 minutes and still 0-0. What's there to watch?
maldini03
I'm watching, but I kind of wish I wasn't. We have had a stupid number of chances to not have a goal. I doubt we are able to find a goal in this one.

EDIT: As I write this Bologna grabs a goal, Alex and Mexes have been absolutely awful today.
X-Offender
0-1

laugh.gif
maldini03
I can't say I didn't see this coming... is it even worth it to spend money this month?
Fillipo Simone
Maybe they'll sack Miha after this one.
X-Offender
Maybe, but I doubt it'll change much.
Fillipo Simone
It's the only changeable thing right now. And even with all the negatives this season, I'm convinced that a more experienced and seasoned coach would get us somewhere around 4th-6th spot.
maldini03
To me that seems like a waste, I don't see this team achieving much and as much as I'm not a fan of Miha, it's going to start to reflect poorly on us if we keep changing coaches on a whim.

The main problem for me is that Miha is clearly not the guy we want to build around, every couple of games his job is on the line so management doesn't believe in him. At this point the best we can hope for is for this team to achieve a spot in the Europa league and for the next coach who will undoubtedly come at the end of the season is someone management is excited and willing to build around. Give him a few seasons and some money and actually build something.

That being said, losing this game doesn't come down to him. The team he put out there was good in my opinion, and considering we haven't dominated anyone that was never the expectation. We did have a laughable number of chances in front of the keeper. For me, De Sciglio, Abate, Monto, and Berto were the best players out there. Bacca, Niang, and Bona were all extremely wasteful. Honda was a disappearing act, he woke up for the last five minutes of the first half, just about the worst time to wake up. We went into the break and the second half I don't think he touched the ball before he was hooked. Mexes was absolutely terrible today, I was under the impression that he was among our best Central defenders but that was a huge mistake. He almost gifted goals on a few occasions, but it is clearly time for him to go. Alex was a wall at the back for most of the game but his lack of speed and ability to just switch off is really irritating. There have been very few games this year when he has played a full 90 with no lapses in concentration. Its time to find a new partner for Romagnoli.
han2503
Miha was simply a bad decision, just like Pippo and Seedorf were.

You don't sign 2 rookies and a novice to coach a team that's already barely hanging on by a thread after the mess we were in with Allegri.

Had we really been ambitious last summer like Berlu promised we would be, we would have never gone for a coach like Miha, that's one of the most unambitious moves one could have gone for, sure we spent money (very poorly I must say thanks to Galliani) but hiring this particular coach was an even bigger mistake than the way we spent the money. A much better coach would have gone a much longer way than throwing money around for average players
maldini03
I agree that Miha was the wrong choice, it was simply unambitious as you described it, and players who we were looking to buy could see that (re: Kondogbia). But now that it's done, what do we do. Do we fire him now, only to bring in another low quality coach mid season?

I think that he is going to get the season, despite the fact that every other week there are reports that management wants his head. I refuse to believe that every week they give him an ultimatum to win or be fired. They are simply too cheap to have 4 coaches on the books. And, if they know he will be out at the end of the year anyway is it worth it to spend money for Miha to bring in more players that may not fit under the next guy?

Let's fast forward this line of thinking to the end of the year, if Miha makes the Europa League does he still deserve to get fired? It's the results that matter and this team never had a chance to make it to Champions, so Europa League is a decent result, right in line with what can be expected of him, no? And say he does make the EL, do we sacrifice the cohesion of an entire year to bring in yet another new face, especially with no guarantees that the new face will be more qualified or a "better" coach?

I personally don't really like Miha, I don't think he is the type of guy to build a project around and I don't believe that he will be an Elite coach at any point in his career. Yet I don't think he should get the sack if 1. He makes EL 2. There isn't an Elite or Project coach to take his place. We got rid of Seedorf for Inzaghi, which was a step sideways and wasted a year. Then we got rid of Inzaghi for Miha which was another step sideways and wasted another year. It's not worth it to move sideways again, and waste this year. To achieve something you need a coach with backing from the management if we can't find a coach to back then I say we stick with Miha, as infuriating as it is. Maybe given enough time we can over achieve, make CL and begin to rebuild for real.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 6 2016, 10:51 PM) *
I agree that Miha was the wrong choice, it was simply unambitious as you described it, and players who we were looking to buy could see that (re: Kondogbia). But now that it's done, what do we do. Do we fire him now, only to bring in another low quality coach mid season?

I think that he is going to get the season, despite the fact that every other week there are reports that management wants his head. I refuse to believe that every week they give him an ultimatum to win or be fired. They are simply too cheap to have 4 coaches on the books. And, if they know he will be out at the end of the year anyway is it worth it to spend money for Miha to bring in more players that may not fit under the next guy?

Let's fast forward this line of thinking to the end of the year, if Miha makes the Europa League does he still deserve to get fired? It's the results that matter and this team never had a chance to make it to Champions, so Europa League is a decent result, right in line with what can be expected of him, no? And say he does make the EL, do we sacrifice the cohesion of an entire year to bring in yet another new face, especially with no guarantees that the new face will be more qualified or a "better" coach?

I personally don't really like Miha, I don't think he is the type of guy to build a project around and I don't believe that he will be an Elite coach at any point in his career. Yet I don't think he should get the sack if 1. He makes EL 2. There isn't an Elite or Project coach to take his place. We got rid of Seedorf for Inzaghi, which was a step sideways and wasted a year. Then we got rid of Inzaghi for Miha which was another step sideways and wasted another year. It's not worth it to move sideways again, and waste this year. To achieve something you need a coach with backing from the management if we can't find a coach to back then I say we stick with Miha, as infuriating as it is. Maybe given enough time we can over achieve, make CL and begin to rebuild for real.

The problem goes well beyond Miha, but at the same time, Miha *is* part of the problem. We can argue about his abilities (FWIW, I am not a big fan), but it is obvious he does not have Berlu's support, which IMHO puts him in an untenable position. For this reason, it is probably best if he leaves. But who would we replace him with? I agree the options are not that great right now. Also, I have zero trust in Galliani, and in particular he is unlikely to pick anyone who might "challenge" him (which restricts our options even further).

BTW, I do have to wonder what would have happened if we kept Seedorf. I don't agree with Berlu's decision to hire him, but IMHO he was starting to get the team to play decently, and it felt like (if given a chance) he could have done reasonably well (certainly better than Inzaghi). But Galliani felt challenged, so that was the end of that.
Fillipo Simone
Milan-Roma today, no?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 9 2016, 10:30 AM) *
Milan-Roma today, no?

Will check...
han2503
PS I think Miha is a sub-standard coach, tactician and man- manager, there's no reason to fire him now, the season is ruined but I think he'll manage EL.

But Once the season is over his time should be up and we need to look into getting someone who will really make a difference
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 9 2016, 11:21 AM) *
PS I think Miha is a sub-standard coach, tactician and man- manager, there's no reason to fire him now, the season is ruined but I think he'll manage EL.

But Once the season is over his time should be up and we need to look into getting someone who will really make a difference

That's what we keep telling ourselves every season for three years straight now. But will this management ever learn? Not until Galliani leaves.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 9 2016, 07:21 AM) *

Who? Like X said, we have this conversation every year. Who is going to come in and magically turn the ship around? I don't see any such person waiting to swoop in.
X-Offender
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 9 2016, 05:06 PM) *
Who? Like X said, we have this conversation every year. Who is going to come in and magically turn the ship around? I don't see any such person waiting to swoop in.

There have been rumours about Lippi taking over with Brocchi as his assistant if Miha fails against Roma as well. I wouldn't say no to that. Probably not gonna happen, though.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 9 2016, 02:48 PM) *
That's what we keep telling ourselves every season for three years straight now. But will this management ever learn? Not until Galliani leaves.

True, but keeping Miha would be even worse as it's like giving in and accepting this hell hole we're stuck in. At least with change there's always a possibility of maybe things being different

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 9 2016, 05:15 PM) *
There have been rumours about Lippi taking over with Brocchi as his assistant if Miha fails against Roma as well. I wouldn't say no to that. Probably not gonna happen, though.

Cappello as well, and you know when the management resort to bringing in fossils, that they simply have no clue. There are coaches out there who are talented, they don't need to be ex-players, old-timers or ex-coaches. Galliani is so clueless that he doesn't know how to look past those 3 categories
Fillipo Simone
Fossils or not, Capello and Lippi are miles better compared to our previous 5 coaches.
X-Offender
Inter lost again last night, so did Fiorentina. If we had won those two games against Carpi and Verona, and the one against Bologna, which were all doable, we'd be 3rd right now.

It's things like this that are a deal-breaker, in my opinion, and what separates us from the rest. All five teams ahead of us have a shot at the first three places, despite their obvious flaws. We are the only ones who can't seem to make that important step forward to make us contenders as well. We're a second tier team.
Fillipo Simone
Agreed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.