Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter Transfers 2016
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3
han2503
The names we're linked with already sound depressing to say the least. Let's see what happens
Fillipo Simone
Let's. I'm really not in the mood for some preemptive negativeness.
Rossoneri7
It seems like the takeover will not happen. Lower your expectations lads, it isn't the end of the world.
Fillipo Simone
Why? What happened?
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 27 2015, 03:43 PM) *
It seems like the takeover will not happen. Lower your expectations lads, it isn't the end of the world.

huh.gif unsure.gif
William405
I don't think anything is happening at all..that's the main problem. biggrin.gif

Bee keeps postponing, and his backers seem shady at best..so yeah that's it.
han2503
Still I think Silvio must have some guarantees considering he gave Galliani a big budget to spend (waste) this summer.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 28 2015, 11:23 AM) *
Still I think Silvio must have some guarantees considering he gave Galliani a big budget to spend (waste) this summer.

Yeah, true..that's what's mind-boggling about all this.
X-Offender
I read it's going to close by the end of December.
X-Offender
Apparently Boateng has convinced the club to sign him in January.

Source: Gazzetta

Yay. dry.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 11 2015, 01:46 PM) *
Apparently Boateng has convinced the club to sign him in January.

Source: Gazzetta

Yay. dry.gif

Just goes to show how stuck we are. Galliani still being allowed to basically do whatever the f@ck he wants and it's why we'll never see the light at the end of this very dark and long tunnel
X-Offender
And I thought Mihajlovic had a winning mentality. But accepting Kucka and Boateng over Witsel or someone better is pretty pathetic.
William405
Such a confusing move. We clearly have a great attacking potential, and our defence has settled.. I don't understand why not invest to fill the puzzle in midfield.
maldini03
Well if today's game was any indication most of the fans are not happy with the quality of the midfield. At one point, Montolivo played a ball and the entire stadium was whistling.

Realistically, we will have little to no money to spend in January, and Boateng will be played off as a savior. Sad state of affairs really. I don't know who this management intends to bring in but I doubt it'll make big enough waves to really make something of this season.

With the collapse of this deal with Mr. Bee and the ending of the new stadium, where do we lay our hope now?
Fillipo Simone
What do you mean by ending the new stadium? Is the project delayed or?

I'm not sure how much we'll spend. Hell, I'm not sure why we spent that much money last summer in the first place. But yes, we need new midfielders. Our current roster is pathetic.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 14 2015, 12:53 AM) *
What do you mean by ending the new stadium? Is the project delayed or?

I'm not sure how much we'll spend. Hell, I'm not sure why we spent that much money last summer in the first place. But yes, we need new midfielders. Our current roster is pathetic.

The stadium project has been cancelled, at least for the time being. Barbara confirmed it yesterday.

And we did spend a lot this summer, 90 million to be precise. When was the last time we spent that much?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 14 2015, 01:36 AM) *
The stadium project has been cancelled, at least for the time being. Barbara confirmed it yesterday.

And we did spend a lot this summer, 90 million to be precise. When was the last time we spent that much?

90 million on some average guys, one top striker who has no service behind him and a potentially class CB.

All that money and we're still in the same state we were in last season. I don't know if there's still any money left to be spent, but I'm worried watching it go in Galliani's hands to waste once again, just like I was worried before last summer, and I was told that I was being too negative and that Galliani will come through if he has the financial backing.

The man has simply lost it, he's a running joke in the industry these days, he gets played for a fool on a regular basis, has marred the Milan name with a good amount of clubs who don't even take any interest from us in their players seriously, the mess over the Kondogbia and Martinez deals made us look like even bigger fools than we already were. And let's face it, his decision making when it comes to picking players has gone down the crapper
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 17 2015, 06:48 PM) *
[...] just like I was worried before last summer, and I was told that I was being too negative and that Galliani will come through if he has the financial backing.

Do you really have to rub that in? dry.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 17 2015, 09:39 PM) *
Do you really have to rub that in? dry.gif

Well we did throw away 90m this summer, so I feel like it's a justified gloat happy.gif
Forza Milan!
Balotelli dreams of Mourinho at Milan

The title of the article is misleading, and I seriously doubt Mou would ever consider coming to Milan (especially right now). However, how would y'all feel if that was to happen?
han2503
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Dec 18 2015, 08:10 PM) *
Balotelli dreams of Mourinho at Milan

The title of the article is misleading, and I seriously doubt Mou would ever consider coming to Milan (especially right now). However, how would y'all feel if that was to happen?

I'd take him, I'm not a fan of his although I do admire him as a coach, he's exactly the type of character we need in our dressing room not to mention he won't stand for Galliani's antics in the transfer market. He'd want to have a say and he'd want us to heavily invest

That being said, not only would he not want to come, Galliani won't want a strong personality like that to deal with, he always tends to like the ones who bow to his will like Carlo and Allegri used to do. Seedorf, the one who spoke out the most was always seen as a threat by Galliani, he didn't want him from day one and he made sure to see him out as fast as possible
Forza Milan!
Money matters in today's world of sports but this shows how good management matters even more. Sadly, we have neither. It makes the fact that we squandered 90M all that more depressing.
X-Offender
Suso on loan to Genoa for 6 months. Boateng will sign in January.

Galliani: "With Boa, Menez and Balotelli we'll be stronger"

dry.gif
Fillipo Simone
Suso. Yet another failed expectation.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 2 2016, 02:31 PM) *
Suso. Yet another failed expectation.

Who never really got a proper chance to show his worth, though.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 2 2016, 05:29 PM) *
Who never really got a proper chance to show his worth, though.

True, but I don't think he'll make it in Serie A. He's so lightweight. Also very selfish on the ball, which I think is down to having so few chances making him desperate to prove himself. But when he did get the opportunities he could have done better.

So there's nothing going around in terms of transfers?

Also seeing that we might sell Lopez! Which would be stupider than stupid. So we sell a top class keeper because a 16 year old is doing decently??? I'm sorry, but again, I have not been impressed by Donnarumma at all. He's a nightmare with the ball at his feet but still tries to do ridiculous sh!t with it. Overact the easy saves but fails on more difficult ones.

With Abbiati being the only other option, I just don't understand WTF is going on inside Galliani's head and also Miha's for dropping Lopez to play an unsteady kid in that particular position
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 3 2016, 09:49 AM) *
True, but I don't think he'll make it in Serie A. He's so lightweight. Also very selfish on the ball, which I think is down to having so few chances making him desperate to prove himself. But when he did get the opportunities he could have done better.

So there's nothing going around in terms of transfers?

Also seeing that we might sell Lopez! Which would be stupider than stupid. So we sell a top class keeper because a 16 year old is doing decently??? I'm sorry, but again, I have not been impressed by Donnarumma at all. He's a nightmare with the ball at his feet but still tries to do ridiculous sh!t with it. Overact the easy saves but fails on more difficult ones.

With Abbiati being the only other option, I just don't understand WTF is going on inside Galliani's head and also Miha's for dropping Lopez to play an unsteady kid in that particular position

Over-exaggeration. Donnarumma has proved himself to be a very reliable keeper, and he's pretty good with his feet. Awful? What exactly are you on?

I still think Lopez shouldn't have been dropped, but what's done is done, and now Donnarumma will be our #1 GK, which I'm more than fine with. He's the least of our worries. What we should focus on is getting a quality right winger.

Rumors I've read so far:

- Cerci will be sold. Lopez, Zapata and Nocerino might follow as well.
- Boateng has been tried as right winger. rolleyes.gif
- Montolivo might renew.
- Monaco will not keep El Shaarawy, and he will be returned to us, but we will find another solution for him as he's not part of the club's plans.
- Names we've been linked with recently: Lavezzi, Caceres, Ben Arfa, Izzo.
X-Offender
Oh, and the usual Witsel rumor for good measure. rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 3 2016, 07:45 PM) *
Over-exaggeration. Donnarumma has proved himself to be a very reliable keeper, and he's pretty good with his feet. Awful? What exactly are you on?

I still think Lopez shouldn't have been dropped, but what's done is done, and now Donnarumma will be our #1 GK, which I'm more than fine with. He's the least of our worries. What we should focus on is getting a quality right winger.

I disagree, he' hasn't made any match winning saves, sure he hasn't committed huge errors, but there's a couple in him, and he has made a couple which have cost us goals mostly due to his positioning.

His decision making when coming out for the ball is nerve wracking at best and his on the ball monkeying about is worse. There have been situations where he only managed to save himself by a hair, either by trying to dribble the ball or make a pass out to a defender which puts him in trouble.

I'm sorry, but I don't call this reliable, he's just on the brink of making one huge error which will not only cost us but him as well, and I personally do not understand why we should be taking this risk when we have a perfectly fine keeper sitting on the bench who is miles better and has tonnes more experience. We're basically creating a problem for ourselves in a position where we should be the most secure, and in Lopez we had that.
TriniKing_CE
In addition to what X has stated, I've been seeing rumors circulating regarding:
De Jong to Leicester City
Fellaini to Milan
Lavezzi to inter (much more than AC at this time)

nothing else which I can recall at this time.

I'm seeing that Honda didn't get Milan's permission before giving his interview with the Japanese site Kyoto News where he spoke out against the club's management style & transfer strategy basically. He may get himself in some hot water due to it. *shrugs*
TriniKing_CE
Several sources (including ones from Brazil) have reported that Milan are leading the race to sign Atletico Mineiro centre back Jemerson.

I have no idea of him other than from searching the net:

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/130435

http://www.transfermarkt.com/jemerson/profil/spieler/258254

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jemerson
maldini03
I completely disagree han, I think that despite Lopez being a better keeper with the record to back that up, Donnaruma has completely made the position his own. Keepers don't usually show this much poise and promise at this age and I think he is a special talent. Furthermore I like that he is confident with the ball at his feet. I'll give you the point that during the game it gives me a heart attack when he is toying around with the ball, but Lopez is so much the opposite its like night and day. In the beginning of the season he was making me so angry with his inability to play the ball on the ground, combine that with the lack of skill in midfield and we were giving the ball away in our own half every time we passed the ball back, which was a lot. I'm not saying Donna is the reason we have gotten better since the start of the season, but having a keeper with ability on the ball is definitely a boon, as he is always an out for the defenders. He is also quick off of his line and ridiculously tall (6'5" !!!) for a 16 year old.

I don't necessarily agree with all of the hype that he is the next Buffon, mainly due to the fact that I rate Buffon as one of the best ever, but I do believe he has a bright future and playing him hasn't sacrificed our present situation. Goalkeeper is the least of our worries. With that being said, I say let him leave if he wants to, his contract is too big for a sub, and he is too good to be a sub. Last year he was great for us but I have the feeling he is perennially angry with our lack of success, especially coming from Real Madrid.

The names we are being linked with are hardly anything to get excited over, Felliani could be a decent player in Italy but not for anywhere near the amount of money that United wants for him. They simply bought him for way more than he is worth, a common problem in England, and now they refuse to get rid of him without recouping some of the losses. Would much rather spend the same kind of money on Witsel.

De Jong hasn't played and as much as I like him as a player and a strong leader, he doesn't fit into this team. We can simply not afford to play a midfielder with no skill going forward. I like the guy and I think in the right situation he is a good player, but not unless he is playing next to a few midfielders with creative/attacking skill, ala Gattuso under Ancelotti. Leicester is a good spot for him, I hope they win the Premier League, and he could help that push, let him go.

I've never seen this defender play, but the fact that they recognize that it is a need is at least comforting. I've also read rumors linking us to Banega which could be a good pick up for the right money.

The El Shaarawy situation is infuriating me, I have read that we are trying to get rid of Cerci which is good, but El Sha is a natural replacement for the wing. I still believe that he has the ability to be a good player and instead of spending the money on another player to potentially replace Cerci, why not just hang on to him.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 6 2016, 03:08 PM) *
I completely disagree han, I think that despite Lopez being a better keeper with the record to back that up, Donnaruma has completely made the position his own. Keepers don't usually show this much poise and promise at this age and I think he is a special talent. Furthermore I like that he is confident with the ball at his feet. I'll give you the point that during the game it gives me a heart attack when he is toying around with the ball, but Lopez is so much the opposite its like night and day. In the beginning of the season he was making me so angry with his inability to play the ball on the ground, combine that with the lack of skill in midfield and we were giving the ball away in our own half every time we passed the ball back, which was a lot. I'm not saying Donna is the reason we have gotten better since the start of the season, but having a keeper with ability on the ball is definitely a boon, as he is always an out for the defenders. He is also quick off of his line and ridiculously tall (6'5" !!!) for a 16 year old.

I don't necessarily agree with all of the hype that he is the next Buffon, mainly due to the fact that I rate Buffon as one of the best ever, but I do believe he has a bright future and playing him hasn't sacrificed our present situation. Goalkeeper is the least of our worries. With that being said, I say let him leave if he wants to, his contract is too big for a sub, and he is too good to be a sub. Last year he was great for us but I have the feeling he is perennially angry with our lack of success, especially coming from Real Madrid.

The names we are being linked with are hardly anything to get excited over, Felliani could be a decent player in Italy but not for anywhere near the amount of money that United wants for him. They simply bought him for way more than he is worth, a common problem in England, and now they refuse to get rid of him without recouping some of the losses. Would much rather spend the same kind of money on Witsel.

De Jong hasn't played and as much as I like him as a player and a strong leader, he doesn't fit into this team. We can simply not afford to play a midfielder with no skill going forward. I like the guy and I think in the right situation he is a good player, but not unless he is playing next to a few midfielders with creative/attacking skill, ala Gattuso under Ancelotti. Leicester is a good spot for him, I hope they win the Premier League, and he could help that push, let him go.

I've never seen this defender play, but the fact that they recognize that it is a need is at least comforting. I've also read rumors linking us to Banega which could be a good pick up for the right money.

The El Shaarawy situation is infuriating me, I have read that we are trying to get rid of Cerci which is good, but El Sha is a natural replacement for the wing. I still believe that he has the ability to be a good player and instead of spending the money on another player to potentially replace Cerci, why not just hang on to him.

Well said, I agree with most of what you are saying.

Donnaruma does extremely well for his age, and it is good to see us make space for our youth players (should be doing more of it). No sense in keeping Lopez around, especially if he is generally unhappy.

We desperately need some creativity in midfield, and that means we need to "make space" by getting rid of some of the players we currently have there (especially those that are a bit too "one dimensional", and that includes De Jong). Fellani could be a good addition (though I have some reservations, don't need yet another "hot head"), but I doubt it we are going to spend that much money right now (and if we did there are probably better ways to spend it). BTW, doubt it we will get Witsel either (Zenit is not likely to sell him right now). Instead, I have a sinking feeling we will get some second-rate player from one of Galiani's favorite sources.

Mixed feelings about El Sha. Like the guy, and he could cover a hole we currently have. OTOH, I am not sure he is exactly what we need, and he seems to have "flopped" at Monaco.
Forza Milan!
Saponara may be heading to Juve. But I guess he was not good enough for Milan.
Fillipo Simone
In all honesty, I didn't see it in him. Maybe it's an Allegri fixation, don't think Juventus doesn't buy wrongly as well.
X-Offender
Indeed. Just because Juve are interested in him doesn't mean he is or will become a big player. That being said, I would much prefer him to what we currently have.
han2503
I respectfully disagree with you guys on Donnarumma, I don't think he's all that and I certainly don't think that a top keeper should be benched for him. But it's pointless to get into it

As for Saponara. he has a clear vibe about him that reminds me of the likes of Gila, Cerci, etc.

Perfectly comfortable at a team like Empoli where he can shine but shrivels into a corner at a bigger club, I really do wish Juve will throw millions at him. At least it won't be us for once who are duped rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
Mediaset said Donnarumma made two vital saves tonight in the first half, and named him MVP.
Fillipo Simone
Nevermind Mediaset. The thing is, we still have a disorganized defense. Now, Donna maybe a great potential with sharp reflexes and great reactions. But he still has a lot to learn, and putting a rookie goalie directly into a fire without a stellar defense to give him security and strength isn't good at all. On the other hand, I can see no viable reason for Lopez getting benched.

In the end, it all come up to this: you guys believe Donnarumma is better the Lopez at the moment?
X-Offender
I think they're equally good.
Fillipo Simone
Really??
X-Offender
Yeah. Donnarumma hasn't made any mistakes that Lopez didn't which would make him worse, and he's made some good saves overall. Lopez was good, reliable, but he wasn't a world beater or anything.
maldini03
I agree that they were equal, for me Donna is a much better keeper on the ball which helps out the defense. Plus to me Lopez was on and off. It seemed one game he was the worlds best while the next he was very average. Compound this with his endless frustration for the situation, I'll take Donna.

In other news I've read a rumor about Chelsea and Man Utd looking to bring Bacca in for 30 Million Pounds which is about 40 million Euros. I would gladly take this, Bacca is a hell of a finisher but he is also 30 years old. I also feel like a good box goal scorer is a dime a dozen these days, and their success mostly hinges on the teams ability to provide.
X-Offender
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 12 2016, 12:25 AM) *
In other news I've read a rumor about Chelsea and Man Utd looking to bring Bacca in for 30 Million Pounds which is about 40 million Euros. I would gladly take this, Bacca is a hell of a finisher but he is also 30 years old. I also feel like a good box goal scorer is a dime a dozen these days, and their success mostly hinges on the teams ability to provide.

I agree. I would keep Adriano, Niang, Balotelli and Menez (who finally started training with the team) as strikers and invest those 40 million into a world class right winger.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 12 2016, 09:59 AM) *
I agree. I would keep Adriano, Niang, Balotelli and Menez (who finally started training with the team) as strikers and invest those 40 million into a world class right winger.

You would? Half of the mentioned players are crappy unreliable finishers while the other half (Menez and Balo) have more then one issue and are still listed as injured.

Also, how much did we pay Bacca? No, if we wanna move forward, selling the only man who stands out this season isn't the right move.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 12 2016, 01:03 PM) *
You would? Half of the mentioned players are crappy unreliable finishers while the other half (Menez and Balo) have more then one issue and are still listed as injured.

Also, how much did we pay Bacca? No, if we wanna move forward, selling the only man who stands out this season isn't the right move.

IMO Bona is the only player that stands out. Bacca has had his ups and downs. I don't think he's that much better than Adriano on the finishing department. If we could sign a world class right winger, with Bona and Menez back Adriano would be more than fine as CF.

PS: We paid 30 million for Bacca (Euros).
Fillipo Simone
Hmh. Diametrical opposite views we have, it seems.

Bonaventura, I'd say he's the one with ups and downs this season. I think he's okay, but to be a real good and competitive team we need more, we need better. You see, I think Bacca is much better then Adriano; Adriano comes in the same league with the various Pazzinis and Matris - a striker who runs around, does all sorts of things, but is unreliable and invisible. Bacca has that fine touch we've lacked for years. He's still rough on his edges and could potentially become better. But the difference is, Bacca would flourish with the right midfield composition, which we lack (creative department).

Whereas Bonaventura has the best possible cards, I don't think there's much improvement left for him. He has a very good defensive midfielder line with Monto, NdJ and even Kucka or Poli and a very potent attack. Get what I mean?

But on top of it: I've lost any faith in Milans transactions. You guys think that if we sell Bacca for just 10 million Euros then we signed him in the first place we'll actually get somewhere? Reinvest the money? Find another target? Oh come on, for Christ sake. It's not that big of a difference, 10 million in or out. While at the same time we lose a very good player.
X-Offender
I agree with you about Bacca being an overall better player than Adriano. I was mostly talking about their finishing. Bacca should have had a few more goals this season due to various goals he's missed. But nevertheless, I'll give it to you here.

Bona, however, I don't agree. He's vastly improved from last season, and is by far our best player. He might not reach higher levels in the future, but considering he's about the only shining star of a decrepit Milan, with a better team he would be devastating, in my opinion.

Anyway, more news:

- Adriano will be sold for €14 million to a Chinese side.
- United apparently are ready to offer €40 million for Donnarumma.
han2503
Now I seriously do believe that you guys are crossing the line into fantasy land when you say you think Donna and Lopez are equally good! I mean come on FFS!

They're worlds apart. Not even comparable

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 12 2016, 12:25 AM) *
I agree that they were equal, for me Donna is a much better keeper on the ball which helps out the defense. Plus to me Lopez was on and off. It seemed one game he was the worlds best while the next he was very average. Compound this with his endless frustration for the situation, I'll take Donna.

Now this is the pat I have the most issue with because I think Donna is p!ss poor on the ball and his decision making in terms of when to come out and when to stay on his line or when to play out or when to just kick away are two of his biggest issues.
X-Offender
Think what you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.