Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2015-16
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
han2503
All EPL talk for the new season here

Man U - Spurs currently going on. Sort of understand why we lost against them. Running Man U ragged atm
Fillipo Simone
It's a friendly or?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 8 2015, 03:42 PM) *
It's a friendly or?

Nope, EPL is underway today. Chelsea later on today

Liverpool and Arsenal tomorrow. Thinking Man City will play on Monday
X-Offender
Man, that's an early start of the season. Why does Serie A have to start so late? rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
Good God, already. Nah, it's better to wait more. This is simply too early.
X-Offender
Januzaj has signed for Dortmund on loan. On the other hand, United have just paid 50M for, -drum roll- Martial.

Who? What? How? Clubs in England are shameless, paying astronomic fees for absolute nobodies. God save football.
acid911
And they're off to a ding dong great start too. smile.gif Both United and Chelsea losing their matches to smaller teams.
han2503
Do United really not have anyone who can play upfront instead of Rooney?? Why are they playing with Fellaini as their CF?

All that money spent and they have no one who can sub in for Rooney...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 12 2015, 05:44 PM) *
Do United really not have anyone who can play upfront instead of Rooney?? Why are they playing with Fellaini as their CF?

All that money spent and they have no one who can sub in for Rooney...

Fellaini as CF? DAFUQ?!

Also, Chelsea... laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 12 2015, 06:23 PM) *
Fellaini as CF? DAFUQ?!

Also, Chelsea... laugh.gif

Yep, you should watch, he looks so uncultured and awkward up there on his own. Reminds me of when Carlo used to pull this with Ambro.

And yeah, Chelsea almost looked as terrible as us, only we don't have World Class players all over the pitch so it's excusable...
han2503
What a goal from Benteke ohmy.gif
han2503
Diego Costa: The biggest turd in football
William405
Tottenham pretty much owned Man City. biggrin.gif 4-1 Looks like Man City went downhill after that Juventus game.
kurtsimonw
Finally put out of our 5 year misery and the table is kind to us, we didn't deserve this many points. Hopefully being in a less money driven league, without any real big name favourites, will make it more enjoyable to some extent.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 17 2016, 04:42 PM) *
Finally put out of our 5 year misery and the table is kind to us, we didn't deserve this many points. Hopefully being in a less money driven league, without any real big name favourites, will make it more enjoyable to some extent.

Sorry to hear about Villa kurt.

The EPL is so crazy this season though, I mean Leicester have a serious shot at winning this thing, and then you look at clubs like Chelsea, City and United who have spent hundreds of millions on their squads. It's just astounding really what Ranieri has managed to do, I really hope that they can go all the way
Fillipo Simone
They'll win the thing. Today they won undeservedly, but overall...Ranieri, the born loser, did a real good job. Just another excellent Italian coach in the mix.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 17 2016, 05:47 PM) *
They'll win the thing. Today they won undeservedly, but overall...Ranieri, the born loser, did a real good job. Just another excellent Italian coach in the mix.

They drew today and I thought they were unlucky with the ref calls.

The penalty given against them is generally not given, or at least 9 times out of 10 it isn't. And I thought the sending off was a bit harsh as well.

Clearly the penalty given to them was also very soft but I can only imagine that was the ref trying to make up for 2 harsh calls imo.

Anyway, I'm totally behind them, I actually did a fist pump when they scored the penalty, which is ridiculous as I've barely ever given Leicester a second thought but it would be truly refreshing to see them winning the title in such (as kurt said) a money driven league
Fillipo Simone
The penalty for West Ham was 50 - 50 at best. Vardy's second yellow can be justified as a dive. But the penalty for Leicester - well, that's clearly not a penalty.
kurtsimonw
I'll be happy for Ranieri, I think he's been quite unfairly treated almost everywhere he has been. Leicester have been quite fortunate though, they've had a crazy amount of penalties go their way this season.
X-Offender
I'm totally for Leicester. It'll be extraordinary if they win. Tottenham currently winning against Stoke.
kurtsimonw
It's going to be tough for Leicester, they've got a hard schedule and their top scorer could have a extended ban.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 22 2016, 06:09 PM) *
It's going to be tough for Leicester, they've got a hard schedule and their top scorer could have a extended ban.

Why an extended ban? He just dived, isn't that the customary one match suspension for the red
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 22 2016, 06:46 PM) *
Why an extended ban? He just dived, isn't that the customary one match suspension for the red

He insulted the ref, no?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 22 2016, 09:37 PM) *
He insulted the ref, no?

Hmm, don't remember. But that would be a huge blow for them given their run-in
Jack Sparrow
Leicester need one win from 3 games...they've got a tough run-in with Man Utd , Everton and Chelsea. Tottenham have Man Utd too.

For a below-quality league I must admit the EPL is very competitive this season. tongue.gif
X-Offender
ManU 1-1 Leicester

Great result.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2016, 03:59 PM) *
ManU 1-1 Leicester

Great result.

Why?

Totally wanted them to win it, the longer it drags the more chances for a choke job. Really want them to win the whole thing.

I hope Chelsea can pull something off tomorrow against Spurs. I think if they lose Leicester would win the title (if my math is correct that is)
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2016, 04:10 PM) *
Why?

Erm, it's Manchester United, not Norwich City. They could have totally lost today. Scrapping a point in Old Trafford is no joke.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 1 2016, 04:13 PM) *
Erm, it's Manchester United, not Norwich City. They could have totally lost today. Scrapping a point in Old Trafford is no joke.

Meh, call me greedy, I wanted them to win the thing at OT dry.gif
X-Offender
I actually want them to win it next week at their own stadium.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 2 2016, 08:23 PM) *
I actually want them to win it next week at their own stadium.

No can do, won it today thanks to Chelsea!! biggrin.gif
X-Offender
yay.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 2 2016, 10:06 PM) *
yay.gif

Hazaard's goal to kick Spurs' teeth in was top notch as well
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 2 2016, 10:08 PM) *
Hazaard's goal to kick Spurs' teeth in was top notch as well

Aye, brilliant.
Jack Sparrow
I can't think of a more deserving person or team. Just brilliant. And they have some great owners as well. Fully deserved. I hope we're seeing another Dortmund being born. Except this will be even more epic.
X-Offender
It's an achievement of miraculous proportions, something that comes every 20-30 years.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 3 2016, 11:10 PM) *
It's an achievement of miraculous proportions, something that comes every 20-30 years.

Agreed, especially in a league like the EPL

Obviously it was a perfect storm type of situation for them with Chelsea being so terrible, Man U as well and City being so inconsistent.

But it's so well deserved and I'm so happy for Ranieri who's someone that's been ridiculed as an almost man for the majority of his career
Jack Sparrow
Wasn't Greece winning the Euros something similarly miraculous?

Of course no one really liked Greece except dst, and there are far more matches in a tournament, so yeah I guess this is better.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 5 2016, 05:37 AM) *

Of course no one really liked Greece except dst, and there are far more matches in a tournament, so yeah I guess this is better.

I think International football is completely different and they can't really be likened to each other
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 5 2016, 06:37 AM) *

I'm sure others disagree, but winning a top league is harder than winning a tournament - even one like the Champions League.

Man U won the Champions League by winning 5 games - less than half of those that they played. You'll never see a team win the Premier League with 16 or 17 wins or anything, it's just impossible. The mentality is just different. Leicester had to go out and win week after week. In the Champions League, the key is often not losing. It's even easier when you have one legged things. It allows for more chance.
Fillipo Simone
The biggest miracle I've experienced is Kaiserslautern winning back to back the 2. Bundesliga and the Bundesliga. Second to that is only Leicester.
Rossoneri7
Leicester had a miracle season, odds were 5000 to 1. That's how low the bookies put them.

All betters discounted their bets on 'Leicester to win the league' with their respective bookies two or three months ago. This as the bookies would have gone bankrupt had they not discounted them and Leicester go on to win.

Ranieri stated after the win that the secret to his success is he had the whole dressing room as one group behind him. Unlike at other clubs where there would be groups inside one dressing room.

Now is this the biggest miracle in sports? Could very well be.
kurtsimonw
I really am happy for Ranieri. I feel like he's almost become a joke to the media never being able to win. Whenever he gets a good job, he's basically mocked and that the club could always do better.
Jack Sparrow
Yup me too. Ranieri is always seen as a coach who is brought in to stop a slide, but will do nothing else. This is a great response.

And it's a good club too. Very close to the city..
kurtsimonw
Crystal Palace paying £32m for Batshuayi.

This is part of the reason why England is struggling, but that's for another day.

The Premier League surely has to implode at some point? The worst Premier League club probably has more pulling power than all but about 10 clubs in all of Europe. It's madness.
X-Offender
ohmy.gif
Jack Sparrow
Apparently Chelsea has swooped in and done a deal for 40 million! ohmy.gif These fees are crazy. If Batshuayi is worth 40 million, then Bacca is a 55 million signing easy!
Fillipo Simone
Is this perhaps the swan song of the EPL? I hear Brexit will afflict all stipulations - transfer fees, contracts, work permits etc.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 30 2016, 09:39 AM) *
Is this perhaps the swan song of the EPL? I hear Brexit will afflict all stipulations - transfer fees, contracts, work permits etc.

I don't see it being an issue.

We sign plenty of players from outside of Europe, so permits won't be a problem. EPL clubs earn more than basiclaly all clubs in the World aside from about 10, so transfers won't be an issue.

I don't think not being in the EU will make a difference. It just means we'll charge clubs outside of England more for players.
kurtsimonw
So Villa sign Pierlugi Gollini from Verona. We desperately needed a GK, he's young and our goalkeeping coach is apparently very good having worked at Inter among other clubs, so hopefully he's seen something in him.

Not surprised we've signed an Italian with RDM in charge though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.