Andrea Bertolacci

Role: Midfielder

Jersey: 91

Birth date: 11/01/1991

Birth place: Roma

Height: 179 cm

Weight: 75 kg
X-Offender
Apparently he was bad against Malta tonight as well...
Fillipo Simone
The whole Italian team was bad, so...
X-Offender
Which reinforces the point that Bertolacci is a player that goes with the flow. If the team underperforms, he'll underperform as well. If the team plays well, he'll play well too. Exactly the kind of player we didn't need. dry.gif
Danny
He's sucked for us but even I don't buy that one.

You've made a total generalisation there based on one match you (probably) didn't watch.

As much as I don't rate Berto, that's grossly unfair.
X-Offender
I had that feeling about him the moment we signed him. I considered him another Nocerino or Bonaventura, and that's exactly what he is. He's not a game changer. That is absolute.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 4 2015, 02:37 PM) *
I had that feeling about him the moment we signed him. I considered him another Nocerino or Bonaventura, and that's exactly what he is. He's not a game changer. That is absolute.

That's not what you said. You said if the team plays bad, he does. If it plays well, he does. You've no evidence for this to be true.

That's a completely different prospect to calling him a game-changer (or not).
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 4 2015, 02:44 PM) *
That's not what you said. You said if the team plays bad, he does. If it plays well, he does. You've no evidence for this to be true.

That's a completely different prospect to calling him a game-changer (or not).

Not a game changer in the mold of Kaká or Shevchenko, but as someone who can perform even when the team is struggling. And he is not that kind of a player. Wait a bit longer and you'll have the evidence you crave for.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 4 2015, 02:55 PM) *
Not a game changer in the mold of Kaká or Shevchenko, but as someone who can perform even when the team is struggling. And he is not that kind of a player. Wait a bit longer and you'll have the evidence you crave for.

That's still not a game changer, sorry. Being able to play at a decent level when everyone around you stinks is just a totally different animal to being a game-changer.

I don't see Berto as a game-changer, but it's premature to say he's always going to play at the level of everyone around him.

We just don't know him that well.
han2503
He was terrible against Malta, a bunch of part-timers. I just don't know, it seriously looks like 20m down the drain. And it's really unfair that Conte plays him and not Bonaventura who imo is better than him.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 4 2015, 10:37 AM) *

That comparison is completely unfair to Bonnaventura. He's miles better than Nocerino and he's was one of the few bright spots last year. Always fighting hard even when everyone else around him sucked. Sure he's not a world beater but he's better than you're giving him credit for.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 4 2015, 03:42 PM) *
He was terrible against Malta, a bunch of part-timers. I just don't know, it seriously looks like 20m down the drain. And it's really unfair that Conte plays him and not Bonaventura who imo is better than him.

tbh you're damned by your own words by saying he was just another Bona.

Clearly, he isn't. In fact, he's absolutely nothing like Bona.
X-Offender
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Sep 4 2015, 05:27 PM) *
That comparison is completely unfair to Bonnaventura. He's miles better than Nocerino and he's was one of the few bright spots last year. Always fighting hard even when everyone else around him sucked. Sure he's not a world beater but he's better than you're giving him credit for.

I meant Nocerino of his one and only good season with us. The Nocerino of today is absolute shite.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 4 2015, 08:18 PM) *
tbh you're damned by your own words by saying he was just another Bona.

Clearly, he isn't. In fact, he's absolutely nothing like Bona.

True, I overestimated how good Bertolacci was. Bona is simply better than him.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 6 2015, 02:32 PM) *
True, I overestimated how good Bertolacci was. Bona is simply better than him.

Bona 2.0 that came on v Empoli certainly was. If he can keep that level up then I'd be content with him in the team. Just...not as a trequartista.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 6 2015, 03:56 PM) *
Bona 2.0 that came on v Empoli certainly was. If he can keep that level up then I'd be content with him in the team. Just...not as a trequartista.

Well he came on as a trequartista against Empoli. And I don't think he should play in midfield when Berto is also in there

And I think Berto will definitely be starting if he's fit
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 6 2015, 05:06 PM) *
Well he came on as a trequartista against Empoli. And I don't think he should play in midfield when Berto is also in there

And I think Berto will definitely be starting if he's fit

Given what we spent on him I accept that is probably true.
han2503
Bumped. What an utter waste of money
Fillipo Simone
Let's give him another chance. But I'm inclined to agree with you.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 8 2016, 06:18 PM) *
Let's give him another chance. But I'm inclined to agree with you.

Mmmm, okay, I'll try... dry.gif
X-Offender
Yes, one more chance seems appropriate. A bit injury prone player from what I've noticed, though.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 8 2016, 10:19 PM) *
Yes, one more chance seems appropriate. A bit injury prone player from what I've noticed, though.

Injury prone and weak on the ball, which is his biggest flaw
Jack Sparrow
He's a dribbler type who was not suited to how the rest of the team played. If he has any chance to redeem himself it will be with Montella.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 11 2016, 06:52 AM) *
He's a dribbler type who was not suited to how the rest of the team played. If he has any chance to redeem himself it will be with Montella.

We'll see. I just can't see him succeeding at Milan, he's a classic mid-table player that just gets lost in the shuffle at bigger clubs.
X-Offender
Reminds me a lot of Flamini now that I think about it.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 12 2016, 03:57 PM) *
Reminds me a lot of Flamini now that I think about it.

Really?

I think they're totally different as players. Or do you mean they remind you of each other not due to their playing style but something else?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 12 2016, 04:11 PM) *
Really?

I think they're totally different as players. Or do you mean they remind you of each other not due to their playing style but something else?

What kind of player do you consider Bertolacci to be? For me he's clearly a ball winner, one who's required to run a lot and press the opponent. The only difference between the two is that Bertolacci has some skill on the ball and a glimpse of vision, whereas Flamini was completely clueless on the ball.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 12 2016, 04:45 PM) *
What kind of player do you consider Bertolacci to be? For me he's clearly a ball winner, one who's required to run a lot and press the opponent. The only difference between the two is that Bertolacci has some skill on the ball and a glimpse of vision, whereas Flamini was completely clueless on the ball.

I personally don't really see him as a ball winner at all. He doesn't have the physicality, stamina or that gritty determination either. Honestly, Berto is a total grey area for me. Don't really know what type of mid he is tbh
d'Arc.LP
Bertolacci has suffered an injury to his left thigh. New check-up in two weeks. He will miss for at least 4 weeks.
X-Offender
Fillipo Simone
Well, failing is one thing. Turning into an injury-prone sad case is something you can hardly anticipate.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 23 2016, 02:51 AM) *
Well, failing is one thing. Turning into an injury-prone sad case is something you can hardly anticipate.

In his case it's been both though. What a waste...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.