AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
han2503
Who: A.C. Milan vs. Cagliari Calcio

Where: Stadio San Siro

When:
21st March 2015 @ 8:45pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

X-Offender
Diego Lopez; Abate, Mexes, Paletta, Antonelli; Poli, De Jong, Bonaventura; Honda, Destro, Menez
Fillipo Simone
Ahh, do we really care?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 21 2015, 12:29 PM) *
Ahh, do we really care?

I think we're all hopeful to one day see the best line-up available out there this season. So far it's week 28 and there's always been at the least one or two head scratchers in each game with someone out of position or leaving the better player on the bench to play the weaker one

Not to mention that we haven't gone 2 games in a row with the same 11 as we did in the previous one

Whether at this point we still care about the outcome isn't really an issue, we're all still watching so on some level, we all still care, no matter what we say
Fillipo Simone
Hopeful about the best line-up? No. I for one sure don't care. I'm not even sure what's the "best" lineup. This team we have is broken of so many ways, it's a lost cause.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 21 2015, 02:16 PM) *
Hopeful about the best line-up? No. I for one sure don't care. I'm not even sure what's the "best" lineup. This team we have is broken of so many ways, it's a lost cause.

Yeah, there's no best possible line-up right now. Even if there was one, say with Cerci or Suso instead of Honda, and Rami instead of Paletta, would it really make a difference? I don't think so.

The line-up I posted earlier is good enough to win against Cagliari, and it should have been good enough to beat the likes of Chievo and Verona. But it's not much a problem of individuals than of a collective, a lack of game and ideas, of spirit and desire to win. This team is lost, and nothing can be done about it until the season is over and change takes places, hopefully...
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 21 2015, 02:25 PM) *
Yeah, there's no best possible line-up right now. Even if there was one, say with Cerci or Suso instead of Honda, and Rami instead of Paletta, would it really make a difference? I don't think so.

The line-up I posted earlier is good enough to win against Cagliari, and it should have been good enough to beat the likes of Chievo and Verona. But it's not much a problem of individuals than of a collective, a lack of game and ideas, of spirit and desire to win. This team is lost, and nothing can be done about it until the season is over and change takes places, hopefully...

Agreed there

But still, in every game at least I myself hope to see something that is encouraging, at least deep down, if we're so out of hope than we wouldn't be watching in the first place, no matter how small that hope is, it's there.

This is season is done and dusted, no ifs or buts about it.

My biggest hope right now is that something drastic happens in the summer and not just in the coaching department.
Danny
With Pippo and X here, don't care any more. Team selection has become irrelevant. Will watch, support, draw/lose/complain. But that's it. Till there's change of management this trash will just continue.

No point bringing your Ferrari out the garage if you pour diesel in it.
X-Offender
Bona injured, MvG to play.
William405
Milan: Diego Lopez; Abate, Paletta, Mexes, Antonelli; Poli, De Jong, Van Ginkel; Honda, Destro, Menez
X-Offender
I'd have played Cerci-Honda-Menez behind Destro, with NDJ-Poli in the double pivot. But oh well, it doesn't really matter...
William405
Yep...
han2503
Can't even make one correct pass atm
han2503
What a goal Menez

Totally undeserved
han2503
Watch us drop deep and concede in 3...2...
X-Offender
That was a sweet-@ss goal by Menez.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 21 2015, 09:15 PM) *
That was a sweet-@ss goal by Menez.

The scenes after the goal were depressing...
X-Offender
This could possibly be the best first half we've played since I can't remember. I was seriously enjoying myself, go figure...

Oh, and Abate is a 10x better captain than Montolivo.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 21 2015, 09:31 PM) *
This could possibly be the best first half we've played since I can't remember. I was seriously enjoying myself, go figure...

Oh, and Abate is a 10x better captain than Montolivo.

Thought we started terribly, but grew into it after the goal

And even though that was probably some of the best football we've played all season, at the very least in this calender year. It's still very obvious that there is a clear disconnect amongst the players

Look at Menez after he scored
han2503
X-Offender
LOL
X-Offender
Mexes being made a fool there.
han2503
Mexes!!
X-Offender
And then he scores an Euro goal. laugh.gif
han2503
Lol, terrible call to give us the penalty

Foul was outside the penalty area
X-Offender
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
X-Offender
Zeman looks like a corpse.
X-Offender
Oh Pazzo, even I could have scored that.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 21 2015, 10:37 PM) *
Oh Pazzo, even I could have scored that.

Cerci not doing better on the other chance. But that was terrible from Pazzo
X-Offender
3-1 FT

Deserved victory, despite that terrible penalty call. We were excellent in the first half (after we scored), so-so in the second. But I saw a lot of grit and determination tonight, something which we have been lacking since the start of the season.

MoM easily goes to De Jong. What a fighter! He said a few days ago that he doesn't know whether he'll be here next season. He wants to win, and he's told that to Galliani. So, I guess it depends on what our ambitions will be next season.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 21 2015, 10:42 PM) *
3-1 FT

Deserved victory, despite that terrible penalty call. We were excellent in the first half (after we scored), so-so in the second. But I saw a lot of grit and determination tonight, something which we have been lacking since the start of the season.

MoM easily goes to De Jong. What a fighter! He said a few days ago that he doesn't know whether he'll be here next season. He wants to win, and he's told that to Galliani. So, I guess it depends on what our ambitions will be next season.

Can't imagine that Galliani will be able to convince him at this point.

Had that been the case, him and Abate would have signed by now and wouldn't have a big question mark hanging over their heads.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2015, 10:49 PM) *
Can't imagine that Galliani will be able to convince him at this point.

Had that been the case, him and Abate would have signed and wouldn't have a big question mark handing over their heads.

Maybe that's because Galliani himself has no frigging clue what will happen when the season ends, with the new buyers and all.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 21 2015, 10:49 PM) *
Maybe that's because Galliani himself has no frigging clue what will happen when the season ends, with the new buyers and all.

Still, I'd imagine that locking down probably two of our best and most important players would still be priority number one and what happens with the club and his job is irrelevant to that

He had no issues renewing Muntari's deal last summer, and he wasn't even in his final year
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2015, 11:00 PM) *
Still, I'd imagine that locking down probably two of our best and most important players would still be priority number one and what happens with the club and his job is irrelevant to that

He had no issues renewing Muntari's deal last summer, and he wasn't even in his final year

But they're tied. De Jong won't renew his contract unless he knows what the priorities of the club will be. It's not like we don't want to keep him.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 21 2015, 11:13 PM) *
But they're tied. De Jong won't renew his contract unless he knows what the priorities of the club will be. It's not like we don't want to keep him.

Well I'd imagine Galliani is in the know more than anyone else about what going to happen with regards to a possible take over.

I do not for one second believe that he's in the dark about anything. I would hope to think that that would be a good selling point for the players re: a big money takeover which means good prospects for the future rather than the bleakness we're in and continue to be in if nothing is going to change.

Letting these contracts run down is a huge issue, especially for players who would be sought after by other clubs who can offer them better deals.

I personally think that De Jong is as good as gone. He's not confirming it because he still has to play and face these people for the next few months, but he's already dangling the possibility in the fans' faces so they're prepared. But imo, I think he's made up his mind already
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2015, 11:23 PM) *
Well I'd imagine Galliani is in the know more than anyone else about what going to happen with regards to a possible take over.

I do not for one second believe that he's in the dark about anything. I would hope to think that that would be a good selling point for the players re: a big money takeover which means good prospects for the future rather than the bleakness we're in and continue to be in if nothing is going to change.

After all that's been going on in the media, after all the speculation, all the names being thrown around, you think Galliani of all people knows what's going to happen to this club? I, for once, believe that Galliani has no idea what's going to happen to himself, let alone the club. Prior to last month, when supposedly Silvio and Mr. Bee signed that pre-contract, there was no certainty about the future.

I think Silvio wants to gradually sell the club, but there were no convincing buyers, and I think that's been the case since 2012. We can't support ourselves anymore without an injection of fresh funds, sponsorship deals and other marketing arrangements. And the club knows this too well. But up until recently there were simply no developments, and we were just making due with what we had, hence the reluctance to spend on players.

Letting these contracts run down is a huge issue, especially for players who would be sought after by other clubs who can offer them better deals.

It's just Abate and De Jong. And I'm sure Abate will stay.

I personally think that De Jong is as good as gone. He's not confirming it because he still has to play and face these people for the next few months, but he's already dangling the possibility in the fans' faces so they're prepared. But imo, I think he's made up his mind already

Yeah, it's very possible.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 21 2015, 11:44 PM) *
After all that's been going on in the media, after all the speculation, all the names being thrown around, you think Galliani of all people knows what's going to happen to this club? I, for once, believe that Galliani has no idea what's going to happen to himself, let alone the club. Prior to last month, when supposedly Silvio and Mr. Bee signed that pre-contract, there was no certainty about the future.

I think Silvio wants to gradually sell the club, but there were no convincing buyers, and I think that's been the case since 2012. We can't support ourselves anymore without an injection of fresh funds, sponsorship deals and other marketing arrangements. And the club knows this too well. But up until recently there were simply no developments, and we were just making due with what we had, hence the reluctance to spend on players.

If there really is a pre-contract than Galliani imo is in the know

And yes there has been a lot of speculation, and that does stem from what you said, that Silvio wants to sell. But I do think that this Bee thing is the most likely rumour of the bunch considering how persistent it's been and it has been going for a while now already, so I don't think that Galliani is as out of the loop as you might think.

Anyway, we'll see what happens, I just simply do not agree with letting contracts run down, especially when it comes to key figures in your squad, seems like they still have not learnt their lesson from what happened with Pirlo
Danny
Wish I felt the elation you guys do after we played some reasonable football against the second bottom side.

This is how low we've sunk.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 22 2015, 12:03 AM) *
Wish I felt the elation you guys do after we played some reasonable football against the second bottom side.

laugh.gif

You think this is elation?

We didn't even use caps when we scored. And we laughed at the awful penalty call and the even worse Pazzo miss.

I think we played overall well, better than I've seen in a while. But we're all realistic here. It's just one game, against one of the worst teams in the league that are barely hanging on to stay out of the relegation spots. It's hardly anything to feel elated by

Personally I'm barely feeling satisfied after tonight, let alone anywhere close to elated
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 22 2015, 12:02 AM) *
If there really is a pre-contract than Galliani imo is in the know

And yes there has been a lot of speculation, and that does stem from what you said, that Silvio wants to sell. But I do think that this Bee thing is the most likely rumour of the bunch considering how persistent it's been and it has been going for a while now already, so I don't think that Galliani is as out of the loop as you might think.

Anyway, we'll see what happens, I just simply do not agree with letting contracts run down, especially when it comes to key figures in your squad, seems like they still have not learnt their lesson from what happened with Pirlo

The pre-contract thing happened only last month, and Silvio can still walk out of it. Plus it's still speculation, like you said. There's no certainty, that's the whole point. De Jong isn't willing to let the last, what, 2-3 years of his career run down in a club that might continue to struggle for European placements. And if ManU have knocked on his door, then hell, why say no?

It's not the club that's letting his contract down. We already pay him a lot. It's the player himself that wants to leave. Gallaini's hands are tied in this case.

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 22 2015, 12:03 AM) *

I enjoyed the first half, and that we put some effort for once. That's about it. Don't get the wrong idea.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2015, 11:06 PM) *
laugh.gif

You think this is elation?

We didn't even use caps when we scored. And we laughed at the awful penalty call and the even worse Pazzo miss.

I think we played overall well, better than I've seen in a while. But we're all realistic here. It's just one game, against one of the worst teams in the league that are barely hanging on to stay out of the relegation spots. It's hardly anything to feel elated by

Personally I'm barely feeling satisfied after tonight, let alone anywhere close to elated

I'm just happy to see the rot of draws and defeats end. Zero satisfaction that but for Menez' goal changing the tide, Cagliari would have won this comfortably.

We were totally outplayed till he netted.

It's beyond embarrassing and the official Twitter is acting like we won the fucking CL!
X-Offender
Our last three wins have been against the bottom three (at home), go figure...
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 22 2015, 02:16 AM) *
I'm just happy to see the rot of draws and defeats end. Zero satisfaction that but for Menez' goal changing the tide, Cagliari would have won this comfortably.

We were totally outplayed till he netted.

It's beyond embarrassing and the official Twitter is acting like we won the fucking CL!

Our official channels are just embarrassing if you ask me, and have been for a while now

And yeah, we were terrible before Menez scored, which was ttally against the run of play as Cagliari had a great chance to get in the lead right before that
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 22 2015, 02:31 PM) *
Our official channels are just embarrassing if you ask me, and have been for a while now

And yeah, we were terrible before Menez scored, which was ttally against the run of play as Cagliari had a great chance to get in the lead right before that

It just shows you how it's all in the head. After we scored, we gained confidence, and played a very good first half. We were lucky to score immediately after they equalized, though, otherwise I suspect we would have slowly regressed to a fruitless game where everybody would have looked lost.

This team simply needs a true motivational and experienced coach. I don't think the players follow Pippo.
Fillipo Simone
Yes, I think you're right.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 22 2015, 03:22 PM) *
It just shows you how it's all in the head. After we scored, we gained confidence, and played a very good first half. We were lucky to score immediately after they equalized, though, otherwise I suspect we would have slowly regressed to a fruitless game where everybody would have looked lost.

This team simply needs a true motivational and experienced coach. I don't think the players follow Pippo.

Agreed

Like in the game against Fiorentina, Mexes was the one making gestures to Pippo that the team needed to push up when we were dropping deep to defend.

I think they say "f@ck it" at some point in each match and just do whatever they please

And also agree about the goal being lucky to come when it did. How many times have we seen this team score and then concede because they stop playing after the goal? Most of our draws have come about in this manner
X-Offender
Palermo thread, anyone? The game's tomorrow at 3.
Danny
Which is so annoying as it won't be live on TV in the UK. UK broadcast law since the 60s prohibits any live football being broadcast on TV in the UK between 3PM and 5PM on a Saturday.

Which is beyond infuriating especially when Easter stops a Sunday card in Serie A.
han2503
Going to do it now.

Totally forgot about it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.