Pages: 1, 2
han2503
Who: A.C. Milan vs. Empoli F.C.

Where: Stadio San Siro

When:
15th February 2015 @ 12:30pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

X-Offender
D. Lopez; Rami, Alex, Paletta, Antonelli; Poli, De Jong; Honda, Menez, Bonaventura; Destro

How can Inzaghi even consider Honda at this point is beyond me. Play Cerci, or Suso FFS!!!
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 13 2015, 09:04 PM) *
D. Lopez; Rami, Alex, Paletta, Antonelli; Poli, De Jong; Honda, Menez, Bonaventura; Destro

How can Inzaghi even consider Honda at this point is beyond me. Play Cerci, or Suso FFS!!!

Apparently it's 60/40 between Honda and Cerci. Suso is just being fucking wasted. So frustrating.

And words fail me on Rami at RB.

It's such an annoying potential selection. Has good bits. I like most of the defence, and the midfield is half decent, as is attack, but there's always those irritating square pegs being shoved into round holes to ruin everything.

PS in 22 Serie A matches Pippo has failed to start the same lineup in any two matches, not even consecutively. Just any.

He has not fielded a single lineup more than once.

No wonder he's basically the worst manager we've ever had.
X-Offender
Who would you play instead of Rami? Zaccardo? Bonera?
Danny
Zaccardo has actually done not too badly in his recent two starts. No Abate, sure, but better than Rami's hopeless exposure when HE plays there.

Zaccardo is more defensively astute than Rami, doesn't get caught miles out of position in the same way.

So yeah, I'd play him.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 14 2015, 02:39 AM) *
Zaccardo has actually done not too badly in his recent two starts. No Abate, sure, but better than Rami's hopeless exposure when HE plays there.

Zaccardo is more defensively astute than Rami, doesn't get caught miles out of position in the same way.

So yeah, I'd play him.

Rami had a great game against Inter there and was terrible on the other occasion he played there (can't remember the team atm)

Zaccardo had one decent game in his 3 years with us. Personally, he's still be my last choice, even if Bonera was the other option.

To say he's better defensively than Rami is a big stretch as well

At the line-up x-off posted, it just once again boggles the mind in terms of what Pippo is trying to do with these line-ups. We constantly start at a disadvantage because of these ridiculous experiments.

Honda and Bonaventura on the wings in a 4-2-3-1 is just ridiculous. Especially when you have 2 proper fast wingers in Menez and Cerci as well as Suso if need be.

Insisting on Menez in the centre when he's a winger and Honda is an AM but still playing him wide....

That defensive line is just the definition of slow. We saw against Juve how we struggled any time they even bothered to attack us. For me Paletta is just mediocre fair, Antonelli barely average. We'll be pushing up because we're the home team (pushing up with no real purpose) and I won't be surprised if we get caught out multiple times on the counter without being able to recover. Hopefully Alex can pull something special
X-Offender
Mediaset update:

D. Lopez; Zaccardo, Rami, Paletta, Antonelli; Poli, De Jong; Honda, Menez, Bonaventura; Destro

Alex isn't on top.
Danny
No Alex = gubbed.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 14 2015, 03:38 PM) *
Mediaset update:

D. Lopez; Zaccardo, Rami, Paletta, Antonelli; Poli, De Jong; Honda, Menez, Bonaventura; Destro

Alex isn't on top.

Oh my...

That's just bending over and asking for it
William405
Reminder: today's game is early. at 12:30pm CET
Danny
11:30AM here in UK. Hate the death slot. We rarely get this one.
Danny
Lopez, Rami, Alex, Paletta, Antonelli, De Jong, Poli, Honda, Bona, Destro, Menez

4:4:2 apparently.

Seems to be the official team.

Extremely random and once again the speculated lineups are way wrong.

I think some of the blame for this nonsense has to be at Tasso's door - he's the assistant - surely he can't be sanctioning such maddening and inconsistent team selections and formations.
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 15 2015, 01:13 PM) *
11:30AM here in UK. Hate the death slot. We rarely get this one.

1:30PM for me. Perfect thing to do after lunch.
William405
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 15 2015, 01:42 PM) *
Lopez, Rami, Alex, Paletta, Antonelli, De Jong, Poli, Honda, Bona, Destro, Menez

4:4:2 apparently.

Seems to be the official team.

Extremely random and once again the speculated lineups are way wrong.

I think some of the blame for this nonsense has to be at Tasso's door - he's the assistant - surely he can't be sanctioning such maddening and inconsistent team selections and formations.

Meh, hopefully it translates into a 4-2-3-1
Fillipo Simone
Hmh...
han2503
Terrible defending on that one
han2503
We already look a right mess in defence
CrazyMilanFan
this is not looking good
han2503
The defensive fails are just laughable at this point
han2503
DESTRO!!

Nice play there

Menez finally doing something that is not selfish
William405
DESTRO!!
han2503
We don't really deserve to be leading.

Let's see how we manage playing with the 1 goal lead, so far this season we've struggled any time we had a slim lead to hold on to
William405
Honda played a little centrally and was productive..or am I reading too into it?
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 15 2015, 01:45 PM) *
Honda played a little centrally and was productive..or am I reading too into it?

When he does go central, he's definitely more useful. Out wide, it's just nothing productive from him
han2503
Typical... 1-1

Nice one Paletta rolleyes.gif
d'Arc.LP
I can't believe we are being dominated like this. Of course they're going to score if we let them cross.
han2503
Another day,
Another pathetic display
han2503
Lopez does an Abbiati

Sent off for touching the ball outside the area on the follow-up from Tavano

Just great...
d'Arc.LP
How stupid from Lopez. SMH
d'Arc.LP
That wasn't even going in. And it was his fault he gave the ball to Tavano like that. I think Milan should stop existing for 2-3 years. It's embarrasing how stupid our players are.
han2503
Lol, down to 9 now.

Paletta pulls up and has to go off
d'Arc.LP
Paletta probably has a fake ID. The guy looks like he's 45. Even if he's not, he plays like he's 45.
d'Arc.LP
I wish we concede another one, so Inzaghi won't have an excuse and say that we got a point with 9 people. If we have to sink for him to go, let it be.
d'Arc.LP
God, where does Bonaventura find motivation to run like that. He deserves a better team.
han2503
Just tedious to watch at this point
X-Offender
What a fucked up team. There are no more adjectives left to add.
Danny
I do feel for Pippo. He's clearly greying, and he's utterly the wrong man in the wrong job at the wrong time.

But some of his management is truly staggering, even if he was not helped by some staggering bad luck today.

For the first 15 minutes that might have been the worst I've ever seen Milan play, but it improved marginally to 'shite' thereafter.

Ratings, as always:

Lopez: 5 Very hit and miss today. A few good saves, but some awful clearances and took a big one for the team with the red.

Rami: 5 Thoroughly mediocre as always.

Paletta: 6 Not quite at his best yet but he was ok, and had some very good blocks. Bad habit of getting caught for position high up though.

Bocchetti: 3 I think he's horrendous. Easily the worst signing made last month.

Antonelli: 7 Very good - Empoli didn't have a sniff down their right and he got forward well.

De Jong: 4 Way off the pace. Awful.

Poli: 6 Worked so hard today, as always, and never gave up.

Bona: 7 Very good again - such a hard grafter with the ability to back it up.

Honda: 3 Shite.

Menez: 6 Decent assist and some good moments but didn't have the impact he can. Better attitude these days though.

Destro: 7 Had one good sniff of goal and took it. Needs more to work with and he can be a great striker.

Although, what do these ratings matter, we're just a complete shambles from back to front.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 15 2015, 01:29 PM) *
What a fucked up team. There are no more adjectives left to add.

How about the fact we give away free kicks when opposing players kick theirselves in the face with the ball?
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 15 2015, 02:34 PM) *
Rami: 5 Thoroughly mediocre as always.

Paletta: 6 Not quite at his best yet but he was ok, and had some very good blocks. Bad habit of getting caught for position high up though.

Bocchetti: 3 I think he's horrendous. Easily the worst signing made last month.

Antonelli: 7 Very good - Empoli didn't have a sniff down their right and he got forward well.

All I have to say about these is... Really?

As for the situation is general, I really don't understand what Pippo's position in this team is anymore?

I think giving Tasso a caretaker position until the end of the season would be much more beneficial for us. We're just getting worse and worse and Pippo's decisions, even the most basic and pedestrian ones are making things even worse if that's possible.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 15 2015, 02:35 PM) *
How about the fact we give away free kicks when opposing players kick theirselves in the face with the ball?

Yeah, that was ridiculous.

The ref today was probably even more tedious than our general play if that's possible
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 15 2015, 01:45 PM) *
All I have to say about these is... Really?

Why not highlight the ones you agree with and say 'I agree' tongue.gif

As for the situation is general, I really don't understand what Pippo's position in this team is anymore?

I think giving Tasso a caretaker position until the end of the season would be much more beneficial for us. We're just getting worse and worse and Pippo's decisions, even the most basic and pedestrian ones are making things even worse if that's possible.

I think Tasso is half the problem. I don't believe he is advising especially well, and given that's 23 Serie A matches with the 23rd new XI surely to hell he cannot be condoning such appalling decisions.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 15 2015, 01:45 PM) *
Yeah, that was ridiculous.

The ref today was probably even more tedious than our general play if that's possible

Got the red right though.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 15 2015, 03:07 PM) *
Why not highlight the ones you agree with and say 'I agree' tongue.gif

I think Tasso is half the problem. I don't believe he is advising especially well, and given that's 23 Serie A matches with the 23rd new XI surely to hell he cannot be condoning such appalling decisions.

Well I would think the "I agree" is a given tongue.gif

As for Tasso, well he is just the assistant, if Pippo has decided to field his 1 billionth different formation for the season, I don't think there's much he can do in dissuading him.

I think he's experienced enough to steer us through the rest of the season, he certainly can't do worse than what Pippo is doing.

And bringing in a new coach now, imo would invite more trouble, I'd rather wait it out until the end of the season and see who's available then. Right now the options are basically limited to Spalletti if we want someone at least decent, and while I do like him, if there's an opportunity for a Conte or Montella, I'd rather have one of those 2 over Spalletti in the summer

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 15 2015, 03:07 PM) *
Got the red right though.

Yep, don't know what Lopez was doing on that kick out, especially considering the great form he's been in and how good he usually is with distributing the ball. I guess e's just as fed up as we are and wanted an early shower
Danny
Conte gave the classic 'I'm not quitting' line following that meeting the other day, which basically means he's quitting.

He's a borderline cert to take over in June. As for now, wouldn't disagree with Spalletti taking over for the rest of the season, and if he proves himself good enough for us, possibly beyond.
d'Arc.LP
Inzaghi: 'Milan need confidence'
By Football Italia staff

Pippo Inzaghi said Milan “need to find confidence” after more injury problems and a 1-1 home draw with Empoli.

The visitors dominated possession at San Siro and had far more shots on goal, but grabbed a point thanks to Massimo Maccarone after Mattia Destro’s opener.

“Things are just going this way at the moment,” shrugged the Coach on Sky Sport Italia.

“After all, it’s incredible to lose Alex after 30 seconds with a broken nose. Empoli play great football and we did well even under pressure.

“It was a fairly balanced game and the big regret is that we shouldn’t concede a goal like that. Our defence was in position and we were still caught out. We were very concentrated on set plays today, but then got distracted on the goal.”

Milan have amassed only five points from the last seven rounds and 12 from the last 13 Serie A games.

“We just have to keep going, hope to recover some injured players and find confidence. You can tell Maurizio Sarri has been coaching Empoli for three years, whereas we cannot find consistency because of all these injuries.

“At this moment we need to work on their heads, as the players need to find confidence again. I understand the fans, because they’ve been through tough times, but considering we ended the match with nine men I’d say the point was acceptable.

“The fans are like me, they always want more. We just have to roll our sleeves up and transform those jeers into applause.

“The supporters had been accustomed to very different results, but this situation has been going on for a few years now. It takes time.

“We’ve been working on this tactical system for two weeks and it will certainly improve.”
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 15 2015, 04:01 PM) *
Conte gave the classic 'I'm not quitting' line following that meeting the other day, which basically means he's quitting.

He's a borderline cert to take over in June. As for now, wouldn't disagree with Spalletti taking over for the rest of the season, and if he proves himself good enough for us, possibly beyond.

I still think this Conte thing is a bit far-fetched for us. But we'll see what happens
Danny
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Feb 15 2015, 08:04 PM) *
Inzaghi: 'Milan need confidence'
By Football Italia staff

Pippo Inzaghi said Milan “need to find confidence” after more injury problems and a 1-1 home draw with Empoli.

The visitors dominated possession at San Siro and had far more shots on goal, but grabbed a point thanks to Massimo Maccarone after Mattia Destro’s opener.

“Things are just going this way at the moment,” shrugged the Coach on Sky Sport Italia.

“After all, it’s incredible to lose Alex after 30 seconds with a broken nose. Empoli play great football and we did well even under pressure.

“It was a fairly balanced game and the big regret is that we shouldn’t concede a goal like that. Our defence was in position and we were still caught out. We were very concentrated on set plays today, but then got distracted on the goal.”

Milan have amassed only five points from the last seven rounds and 12 from the last 13 Serie A games.

“We just have to keep going, hope to recover some injured players and find confidence. You can tell Maurizio Sarri has been coaching Empoli for three years, whereas we cannot find consistency because of all these injuries.

“At this moment we need to work on their heads, as the players need to find confidence again. I understand the fans, because they’ve been through tough times, but considering we ended the match with nine men I’d say the point was acceptable.

“The fans are like me, they always want more. We just have to roll our sleeves up and transform those jeers into applause.

“The supporters had been accustomed to very different results, but this situation has been going on for a few years now. It takes time.

“We’ve been working on this tactical system for two weeks and it will certainly improve.”

Shut up Pippo. We lost Alex on 8 minutes and it had already been a fucking shambles before Bocchetti darkened the pitch.

Our manager is utterly out of his depth, doesn't know what to do, and we just keep sinking further and further with him in charge.
X-Offender
He also said this: "We knew that Empoli would be tough. They deserved to win against both Roma and Lazio in Rome, so it was unthinkable that we could dominate them at San Siro"

Video

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 16 2015, 11:54 PM) *
He also said this: "We knew that Empoli would be tough. They deserved to win against both Roma and Lazio in Rome, so it was unthinkable that we could dominate them at San Siro"

Video

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Oh my... What we've been reduced to...
X-Offender
Rumor has it if we don't win against Cesena Tasso will take over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.