Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The utterly overrated Paul Pogba
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Danny
Yes, I decided to start a thread dedicated to this.

With rumours Real Madrid and Man City are going head to head in a £100M fight to sign him, I have to wonder what the fuss is truly about.

At the world cup he won young player of the tournament, with one goal and an assist - v f*ckin' Nigera and Switzerland. In the big matches he was found wanting, just like he was last night, and call me cynical but he isn't the best player in Juve's midfield, never mind their best player.

On Squawka's stats page, usually the most illuminating way of finding these things out, he ranks below Marchisio and Pirlo in terms of season Serie A 'score'. In the UCL his score is below Asamoah, Llorente, Pirlo, you name it.

I just do not see the fuss over him. I know I'm probably alone.
han2503
I personally think he's a wonderful player, and would chew my own arm off to get him at Milan, but that's just me
Danny
I'd take his grandmother at Milan compared to Essien.
d'Arc.LP
He's wonderful at FM15 though biggrin.gif I think we should have gotten him when he was free some seasons ago from MAN UTD. Now, we'd have to sell the entire team for him. IMO he deserves all the attention that he is getting, and I'm not talking based on videogames.
kurtsimonw
Best young player in the World IMO.
Danny
I give that to Isco.
Danny
PS Harry Kane has impressed me more in two matches than Pogba has in two years.
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 9 2015, 09:28 PM) *
I give that to Isco.

And I to El Shaarawy. smile.gif
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 9 2015, 04:31 PM) *
And I to El Shaarawy. smile.gif

Funnily enough after Niang's fine display tonight a bunch of Milanistas suddenly woke up to how rubbish SES has been for so long for us.

It's the one subject we'll never agree on you and I smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 9 2015, 10:38 PM) *
Funnily enough after Niang's fine display tonight a bunch of Milanistas suddenly woke up to how rubbish SES has been for so long for us.

It's the one subject we'll never agree on you and I smile.gif

?? What fine display?

And really? Niang is probably one of the roughest young players I've seen in a while, he does have talent but he's never really ever shown that he could do anything of note with it
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 10 2015, 03:38 AM) *
It's the one subject we'll never agree on you and I

Niang or Shaarawy? huh.gif Because I think we're in agreement here, I don't particularly think either has it cut it to the very top. One has an attitude problem, though he may be talented, and the other has limited talent, and his attitude is yeah, just about okay. Not to say both can't turn it around, they may yet.

So what is it? biggrin.gif I do know that both of us don't really rate Shaarawy in that way, so I guess it's Niang.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 9 2015, 09:53 PM) *
?? What fine display?

And really? Niang is probably one of the roughest young players I've seen in a while, he does have talent but he's never really ever shown that he could do anything of note with it

The one where he absolutely terrorised Lazio's rearguard, won a penalty, got their goalie sent off, and was subject to monkey chants in Lazio frustration. Charming.
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 9 2015, 10:01 PM) *
Niang or Shaarawy? huh.gif Because I think we're in agreement here, I don't particularly think either has it cut it to the very top. One has an attitude problem, though he may be talented, and the other has limited talent, and his attitude is yeah, just about okay. Not to say both can't turn it around, they may yet.

So what is it? biggrin.gif I do know that both of us don't really rate Shaarawy in that way, so I guess it's Niang.

I missed your deadpan humour. Sorry, I thought you were completely serious!

I forgot you've been chastening of the Pharoah for a fair old while now.

But yes, Niang has a LOT of potential and I think the last year has seen him mature mentality, with tonight's display and his recent cameo for us showing a maturing physicality too.

Let's not forget he is still only bloody 20, just turned. If he's still at this current level in 2 years time I will accept he's probably not going to make it (ala SES), but if he's progressed further then the world is his oyster.
acid911
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 10 2015, 04:48 AM) *
I missed your deadpan humour. Sorry, I thought you were completely serious!

You did indeed, sir, you did indeed. smile.gif Probably because I used a simple smiley instead of a more elaborate one that gave it away. But yeah, the only real youngster with real talent who put it to some use here was Pato. Bojan maybe, but that's clutching at straws. He was only here a little while, and never really got in.

El Shaarawy, though, he just had a good few months, and that is because the rest of the league was shocked after Ibra was sold. As the say in most team sports, the first few moths are the easiest, before you are figured out. And the competition has, in fact, figured out Shaarawy, and his limited arsenal of skills.

I forgot you've been chastening of the Pharoah for a fair old while now.

I ask only the simple basics, my friend. If a player gives it, as long as he keeps on giving it, I'm sold. wink.gif Players have done that before, shown determination, tried to earn this shirt, kept their heads straight, and played this sport as it should be played. And in case of youngsters worked on their skills and shortcomings.

Only a few have done it, though. Many are just in for the ride, and really, I just find it hard to attach to players like these. Shaarawy has been in this category for a while now, yes. Niang was into this far too deep, more than the Pharoah. I take your word that he is improving his mentality. If he is, then good on him.

Both these individuals will have to show a lot more improvements for me to get behind them, though.

But yes, Niang has a LOT of potential and I think the last year has seen him mature mentality, with tonight's display and his recent cameo for us showing a maturing physicality too.

He has got a lot of things in place, including physique. I agree. happy.gif Only issue was his mentality, and really his non serious attitude on and off the pitch. Good thing we got rid of him, the time out will do him good, and who knows, he will come back as a much more capable player.

Let's not forget he is still only bloody 20, just turned. If he's still at this current level in 2 years time I will accept he's probably not going to make it (ala SES), but if he's progressed further then the world is his oyster.

Agreed. smile.gif Not a lot of room for disagreement here. No deadpan humor here, either.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 9 2015, 11:45 PM) *
The one where he absolutely terrorised Lazio's rearguard, won a penalty, got their goalie sent off, and was subject to monkey chants in Lazio frustration. Charming.

Didn't see it.

But really, Niang never really did anything noteworthy with us, and he struggled in France as well. He has terrible aim for what I personally consider a striker, he's definitely not a winger.

Sure earning a penalty in a game was useful, but I hardly think that any Milan fan is about to cry their eyes out about him being out on loan and having one decent game.

Let's not forget this is a player who got a very good amount of minutes for us, especially under Allegri.

I think there is potential there, but I think it will take a while for him to realise it, if ever at all

As for SES, you know where I stand on that subject and I know where you stand.

For me, SES is the obviously more talented of the 2, no question about it. Whether he'll ever get back in form or have a long spell where he manages to stay injury free is however a big question mark
kurtsimonw
SES has been given more chances than Nian, that's the main difference. So yeah, he's had more good games for obvious reason, but he's also had far more bad games. Need to get rid of SES ASAP before everyone outside of Milan realises how useless he is.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 10 2015, 01:55 PM) *
SES has been given more chances than Nian, that's the main difference. So yeah, he's had more good games for obvious reason, but he's also had far more bad games. Need to get rid of SES ASAP before everyone outside of Milan realises how useless he is.

Well SES produced the good numbers he did in a very small chunk of games

Niang is just rough imo, I've always described him as a player who always pushes the power button until it goes red, whether he's passing, shooting or crossing. For a striker he has a very shocking return rate, even while he was on loan in France.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.