Pages: 1, 2, 3
han2503
Who: S.S. Lazio vs. A.C. Milan

Where: Stadio Olimpico Rome

When:
24th January 2015 @ 8:45pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

Danny
Lopez, Abate, Mexes, Alex, Armero, De Jong, Monto, Muntari, Cerci, Menez, Bona.

That was from memory, and might be wrong, but I know Mexes & Alex was there. So, Han, we'll see if your dream central defence proves to work...
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 23 2015, 02:26 PM) *
Lopez, Abate, Mexes, Alex, Armero, De Jong, Monto, Muntari, Cerci, Menez, Bona.

That was from memory, and might be wrong, but I know Mexes & Alex was there. So, Han, we'll see if your dream central defence proves to work...

We'll see...

Rest of the line-up looks terrible though
Danny
Got De Jong wrong. It's Poli.
Fillipo Simone
Hopefully Pazzini gets a start.
Danny
Lopez, Abate, Alex, Mexes, Armero, Van Ginkel, Montolivo, Poli, Bonaventura, Menez, Cerci

Mediaset.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 24 2015, 01:34 PM) *
Lopez, Abate, Alex, Mexes, Armero, Van Ginkel, Montolivo, Poli, Bonaventura, Menez, Cerci

Mediaset.

The fact that Pippo keeps insisting on Menez in the centre says it all...

Playing a midfielder in an attacking winger position just reeks of the same desperation we used to see with Allegri when he used to pull that sh!t with Urby.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 24 2015, 12:36 PM) *
The fact that Pippo keeps insisting on Menez in the centre says it all...

tbh he's been our best player, when he can be bothered. Pippo is trying to mould him into a Ronaldo/Messi kind of player, an all-round forward. And in all honesty his free-scoring kinda backs that up. When he's off his game I want to see him head first in a blender though.

You're forgetting though, we have NO striker!
SES is just not up to it, Pazzo's not got enough to his game and...THAT'S it!

Playing a midfielder in an attacking winger position just reeks of the same desperation we used to see with Allegri when he used to pull that sh!t with Urby.

I'd agree if it wasn't for the fact Bona's been our best overall player this season. Be it CM, AM, or on the wing, he's given us everything and been worthy of the shirt.

That said I'd prefer him deeper and in Monto's place, with Cerci and Menez flanking a striker. But we don't have a striker so on that level Pippo's hands are tied.
William405
Lazio: Marchetti; Basta, De Vrij, Cana, Radu; Cataldi, Biglia, Parolo; Candreva, Klose, Mauri

Lazio bench: Berisha, Strakosha, Cavanda, Konko, Pereirinha, Mauricio, Onazi, Ledesma, Ederson, Gonzalez, Keita, Djordjevic

Milan: Diego Lopez; Abate, Mexes, Alex, Armero; Poli, Montolivo, Van Ginkel; Bonaventura, Menez, El Shaarawy

Milan bench: Abbiati, Agazzi, Albertazzi, Zaccardo, De Santis, Calabria, Essien, Muntari, Suso, Cerci, Pazzini

Most of you will be surprised by this line-up.

I like it! Hopefully Pipo prepared the players mentally as well.

William405
Where is everyone??
han2503
MENEZZ

This game looks like it could be another ridiculous high scorer, so many mistakes already
William405
Wooo..Menez!!!
milanbuf88
What a crazy start. Nice goal by Menez.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 24 2015, 08:13 PM) *
Most of you will be surprised by this line-up.

I like it! Hopefully Pipo prepared the players mentally as well.

The only thing I don't like is Menez in the centre

Sure he just scored but he can be so frustrating there and egotistical/selfish that at times it's just not worth it.

I'd rather he just bench SES and play Pazoo instead and play with a true CF
han2503
What is up with the Lazio players? It looks like they're our for blood
han2503
Great save Lopez. Klose was offside though, had he scored that would have been a bad call
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 24 2015, 11:01 PM) *
What is up with the Lazio players? It looks like they're our for blood

Yeah, they're pretty aggressive.

Huge save from Lopez to save our ***.
han2503
They're killing us from Armero's side, keep getting crosses in from there

3 great chances they've had, all from crosses from that side, he needs to get tight, if he's not capable of pushing up and defending, he needs to just stay back
milanbuf88
Our defending is pathetic. Way too many opportunities for Lazio.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 24 2015, 11:06 PM) *
They're killing us from Armero's side, keep getting crosses in from there

3 great chances they've had, all from crosses from that side, he needs to get tight, if he's not capable of pushing up and defending, he needs to just stay back

True, Armero isn't the best at positioning.
han2503
I haven't seen us string 4 consecutive passes in this game
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 24 2015, 09:07 PM) *
Our defending is pathetic. Way too many opportunities for Lazio.

It's one major recipe for disaster.

They're pressing us very aggressively, we're not good at passing under pressure, thus we lose the ball in midfield and every time they're managing to make that pass out to Candreva because Armero is just out of position each time and he whips it in to a predator like Klose.

How many times have we seen this? We score early and we play like this, like a Serie B side. Just shameful
William405
This CB pairing is too slow, Danny is right.
milanbuf88
Diego Lopez saves our *** again.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 24 2015, 09:11 PM) *
This CB pairing is too slow, Danny is right.

I don't think these are the right conditions to tell. We have no midfield and each time we have the ball we're giving it back to them in our half. Speed has nothing to do with this. It's just a mess from front to back, no one is doing their job right
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 24 2015, 05:14 PM) *
I don't think these are the right conditions to tell. We have no midfield and each time we have the ball we're giving it back to them in our half. Speed has nothing to do with this. It's just a mess from front to back, no one is doing their job right

They both have gotten burned multiple times by a 36 year old Miroslav Klose...
William405
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 24 2015, 11:16 PM) *

That!
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 24 2015, 09:16 PM) *

In the air. Why? Because Armero has repeatedly allowed Candreva, the biggest one trick pony in this league, to cross one ball after another.

That has nothing to do with speed. Armero has that in spades, yet he's the one being burned each tim

They're just not in this atm, we've completely lost any shape we initially set out to play with. Of course the defenders will get burned when your own midfielders lose the ball in front of you. There's only so much 2 CBs can do on their own, defending is a collective effort, it's not just the 2 CBs and at this moment we keep shooting ourselves in the foot when the ball is in midfield

We just don't know how to deal with a team that presses us, and we've see this many times this season, the moment the opposition presses us or they get overly aggressive we cower and start making mistakes (more than usual). Look at the game against Genoa as a great example of this

The only way we can see an improvement in this game is if the mids get their heads out of their @sses and stop giving the ball away, we need to try to keep possession, only then will the Lazio players let up
han2503
Hopefully they manage to control this thing a bit more

Monto needs to f@cking step up! And VG and Poli need to help him out
han2503
Once again, too easy. Get behind Armero, cross and chance. 1-1

Just nothing
milanbuf88
Awful awful defending. Lazy track of that run and now we're in trouble. I could easily see us give a couple more.
han2503
Lol, look at that

How do you expect the CBs to make any sort of difference!

Who was the one that assisted Klose there? Monto or VG?
milanbuf88
**** pass from our pathetic captain. Now down 2-1. I feel bad for Lopez.
Fillipo Simone
Monto I think.

But Armero and Mexes are appalling.

This could very well end up with Pippo being dismissed.
han2503
One of the worst displays of the season, which is saying something, and one of the worst games I've seen in years, probably rivals how we played vs Sassuolo under Allegri

This is what you get when your team has no spine. Pippo is just not even mildly motivating these players.

Compare us to Lazio, even the way we came out for the second half, they were up there 5 minutes early, our players were reluctant to even go back out just disgusting

And please none say anything about the quality of the players, our mentality has all to do with the coach, our spineless, cowardly actions all reflect on the coach.

Pipoo was "hoping" that his players would respond today, he didn't demand it, like any good coach would

I feel like this game we're finally going to earn the spanking that we've deserved and has been coming to us all season long
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 24 2015, 09:58 PM) *
Monto I think.

But Armero and Mexes are appalling.

This could very well end up with Pippo being dismissed.

Mexes and Alex have both been bad, but there's nothing a CB could really do on that. Monto played Klose clean through, the only way that would have been stopped is if Klose somehow missed.

I think every individual player has played bad today, but for me what's really disgusting to watch is how they play as a team, there's just no collective effort
han2503
Fillipo, I think it's time to add the Pippo question in your polls

I really think this is probably the beginning of the end for him. They've waited him out enough but there's no sign of improvement, things actually keep looking worse by the week
milanbuf88
People have complained about De Sciglio's form as of late but Armero has been simply terrible defensively today. No wonder he barely got playing time earlier in the season.
han2503
Shut that sh!t off.

That's the first time I've ever done that, but I seriously cannot stomach any more of this
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 24 2015, 10:23 PM) *
People have complained about De Sciglio's form as of late but Armero has been simply terrible defensively today. No wonder he barely got playing time earlier in the season.

He's just not a defender, at best I would very loosely call him a WB, but he has no grasp of simple defending.

All the Lazio chances today stemmed from his side, with him completely caught out of position and Candreva or whoever overlapped him crossing freely.
milanbuf88
Where the **** was Armero there? How can you leave Candreva completely unmarked like that? They've been doing the same fucking thing all game! You'd think a decent coach would tell him to stay back and watch those runs...
maldini03
I can't even watch the rest of this, horrible, horrible display. The team is bad individually, but as a team this is ridiculous. I was against sacking Pippo mid season, but as han said, things are getting worse by the week.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 24 2015, 10:29 PM) *
Where the **** was Armero there? How can you leave Candreva completely unmarked like that? They've been doing the same fucking thing all game! You'd think a decent coach would tell him to stay back and watch those runs...

Yep, they've been spinning that wide pass down our left side all game long, and each time they've managed to create something out of it.
han2503
I wonder when Danny will come on to gloat about Alex and Mexes. But surely you can see that this isn't really the game to make any judgements, they've both been individually bad, hate to imagine what Zapata or Rami would have looked like next to either one of them since both need their hands held to play decently.

I'll give you this one, but me, I'm not convinced that they cannot play together, not based off of this mess of a game.

It feels like everyone has just thrown in the towel
Fillipo Simone
Mexes? Han, I don't care about the "he's our best defender". Look at what he did. In my book, he only showed his true color. He never should return for Milan. Never.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 24 2015, 10:40 PM) *
Mexes? Han, I don't care about the "he's our best defender". Look at what he did. In my book, he only showed his true color. He never should return for Milan. Never.

I wasn't watching, but I just saw the replay.

Deplorable? Yes. Do I really care about that in this grand ocean of sh!t we're currently wading through? Not really

I've always acknowledged that he has a terrible temper and can be a loose cannon, today he exhibited that. That could be said for other players we have on this team currently, and other players we had in the past. I don't really care about that atm though, do you really think certain behaviour from certain players is what's killed the term Milan Class? Don't kid yourself. That was thrown away years ago, we've had guys like Zlatan and Balo who have done worse than that in our shirts as well
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 24 2015, 10:40 PM) *

Like that really matters at the moment.

I wonder how many times we'll have to lose before Inzaghi gets sacked...
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 24 2015, 10:46 PM) *
Like that really matters at the moment.

I wonder how many times we'll have to lose before Inzaghi gets sacked...

Yep, of all the bad things happening within our club that's what's worth pointing out?

Sure, it wasn't "classy" but what is about us these days?
Fillipo Simone
A few remarks on this disaster.

I. Inzaghi is the first culprit, but not the biggest. I'm positive that even seasoned coaches like Donadoni or Prandelli wouldn't do considerably better. Either they would clash with the management like Seedorf and hit the rock at the first sign (like Fatih Terim, Leonardo, Seedorf) or they would turn into a yes-man coach who'll do what he can and knows with the things he has. Sure, experienced coaches would help and make thing better, but again, I'm pretty much sure this wouldn't be a big leap forward.

II. Yes, I will criticize our players. Why? Even if this display is showing, what Han called, mentality problems above all, it should be clear: we have no team, no "ideology" in the recent words of Boban but also no good characters. Divided into dominant groups, you have A) the rotten apples and brutes like Muntari, Mexes, etc., cool.gif spineless individuals like Montolivo, SES, etc. who's best achievement is work rate and hard running but also fail in this pretty much basic aspect, C) untalented players like Armero or Rami, D) green youngsters like van Ginkel or De Sciglio and finally E) guys like Menez, who are good but arrogant individuals not interlinked with any team spirit. All in all, not a single dominant positive characteristic. How can this be good? The lack of any leader, the lack of a single player fans/Milanistas can identify with - all points to the lacking roster as well.

III. Back to the coach argument. I know that many won't be satisfied with my "revisionism", but I am ready to agree that at some extent I was wrong with Allegri. Don't get me wrong, I still regard his tenure at Milan confusing, chaotic, very humiliating for some legends and filled with overall bad man-management. But it seems to me that sometimes he was forced to try those shenanigans as a reanimation move, a desperate stroke in order to find luck. Sometimes it worked, mostly it made him look like an amateur. But seeing what I've seen today, and overall for 2 years at least, I must conclude that all our past 3 coaches had little to work with.

We all fall under the same mistake when we look at Milan "on paper". We have fix opinions on how players like Montolivo, SES, Balotelli, Pazzini, Zapata, etc. present something special or something extraordinary good. In fact, they are solid or average at best, and for most part - lack character.

The fact that our current coach lacks ideas, character and a "ideology" (once again in Boban's words), and that this is also the problem of our management, only adds more fuel. But problems at Milan can be found everywhere, from staff to players and back.
Danny
Not in the mood to 'gloat', knew the CB pairing wouldn't work, and it didn't. I'd have much rather it did and we won. I'd rather be wrong and Milan win than be right and we suffer what we did tonight.

Just an all-round disgusting night which surely proved the tipping point for Pippo. First time since 1978 we've lost our first 3 matches in a calendar year.

Word is Prandelli is being lined up as we speak.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.