Pages: 1, 2
han2503
Who: A.C. Milan vs. Udinese Calcio

Where: Stadio San Siro

When:
30th November 2014 @ 3:00pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

Fillipo Simone
Not always easy to face Udinese. But after a series of matches without a win, we really need all 3 points here.
X-Offender
Even if we win it won't change anything until Pippo changes system and realizes his mistakes. But even if he does, the time when he's supposed to impact the players has passed and no improvements have been made. It's our own fault for relying on rookie coaches.
Fillipo Simone
So, in your opinion, what are the mistakes Pippo made?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 27 2014, 12:14 AM) *
So, in your opinion, what are the mistakes Pippo made?

In short, he hasn't managed to impact the players. I remember his initial words after he became a coach, that if we lose to an opponent, it should only be because we are inferior to them, not because we are less determined than they are. Or something along those lines. Consider this team now, 5-6 months after he took over, and I don't see any of that. I don't see excitement and desire to win, but players being lazy and individualistic, not acting as a cohesive unit, unwilling to sacrifice themselves for their teammates and honor the shirt they're wearing.

On top of that, he's also completely messed up with formation and player selection, man management and his stinky attitude after every game really gets to me. I knew things would end up this way after that Juve game. It was too obvious.
Fillipo Simone
Then again, to me your expectations are way up high. Rarely coaches can inspire and mentally change a loosing team without any true star, leader or captain. A rookie coach to do so? That happens maybe few times in few years, no more, no less.

I think Inzaghi is only a fraction of the whole story. Which goes up to the management, but also down to the players. In all honesty, I think we have a very limited team and even worse - a bunch of characterless players who are not up to it to take a leader position and mentally change our pattern.
X-Offender
It can be done if the coach is up to it, but Pippo clearly isn't. I don't want to hate the man, and I never will because he's one of my most favorite players ever, but we have to be objective here and accept that so far he has completely failed at his job. The numbers are there, the quality of our showings is clear to everyone's eyes, his mistakes too. I'm not being harsh, I'm just stating things as they are.

And yes, like I said, it is mostly the management's fault. Just because it worked with Sacchi and Capello doesn't mean it will always work. Those coaches had fantastic teams to rely on, and thus their inexperience didn't count as much. Inzaghi instead has to deal with an average side, without any true stars or leaders, so his job will be ten folds more difficult. Simply put, he's not the man for the job. We needed a more experienced coach, someone like Mancini.
Danny
A little unfair on Sacchi. He inherited a great squad and bought well (MVB & Gullit), but this was a Milan who hadn't won the Scudetto in 9 years.

You can have a world class squad but still not achieve without a good coach. As said squad did not under Liedholm then caretaker Capello the previous season.

While I can defend Pippo regarding how shite our squad actually is, he has no excuse for mismanaging what he does have and turning a potential top 5 team into a midtable shambles.
Rossoneri7
Too much emphasis is being placed on results from a rookie coach. There are a lot of moving objects in a football team, Pippo was always going to get into such a situation and only time/mistakes will allow him to learn and grow the team.

Frankly speaking I am impressed with how Pippo has done thus far, I expected Milan with more losses. That being said he is no Ancelotti. He needs time, and just like players need time on the pitch to get into the match rhythm, a coach needs games under his belt.

Think this should be a decisive game for morale.
X-Offender
Diego Lopez; Bonera, Rami, Mexes, De Sciglio; Essien, Muntari; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy; Torres.

Gazzetta has Zapata instead of Bonera and van Ginkel instead of Muntari.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 28 2014, 05:24 PM) *
Diego Lopez; Bonera, Rami, Mexes, De Sciglio; Essien, Muntari; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy; Torres.

Gazzetta has Zapata instead of Bonera and van Ginkel instead of Muntari.

How Bonera can ever see the light of day in this squad after all the antics he pulled off this season is beyond me.

Sent off twice, a gazillion mistakes, what does this guy have to do to get frozen out by Pippo? Walk the ball into our net?
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 28 2014, 07:56 PM) *
How Bonera can ever see the light of day in this squad after all the antics he pulled off this season is beyond me.

Sent off twice, a gazillion mistakes, what does this guy have to do to get frozen out by Pippo? Walk the ball into our net?

That made me laugh.gif
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 28 2014, 06:56 PM) *

I backed him all the way last season, despite your criticisms of him, but this pre-season and season he's been diabolical.

Pippo doesn't agree and thinks of him as our best defender in some respects. Same idiocy sees him select Muntari every match.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 28 2014, 10:38 PM) *
I backed him all the way last season, despite your criticisms of him, but this pre-season and season he's been diabolical.

Pippo doesn't agree and thinks of him as our best defender in some respects. Same idiocy sees him select Muntari every match.

I seriously just cannot get it with some players.

Just cannot understand how someone who plays like Muntari does each week and makes the mistakes he does can be considered a sure starter while Van Ginkel for example is not trusted to start or be given a fair chance
X-Offender
The only reason I can think of that Pippo doesn't play MvG is because he's on loan without the right of purchase, and he definitely will want to return to Chelsea by the end of the season. But even that is not a plausible excuse considering how crap we are and that we need all the help available.
X-Offender
De Jong, Montolivo, Abate, Alex and Muntari not available for this game. De Sciglio has problems too.
Danny
The November projections for Monto's return were clearly plain wrong. Doubt we'll see him till next year at the earliest.

As for De Jong, Abate, Alex and Muntari...

Poli Mexes Rami Bonera

-----Essien---Bona

Honda---Menez----SES

----------Torres

I'd be stunned if any of MvG, Bona or Armero start. Bona most likely but zero chance on the other two.

And given Zaps comments I'd be amazed to see him start. If he does it'll be him in Rami's place and Poli ahead of Bona.

Pippo's ego more important than the team.
X-Offender
Mediaset has Armero and MvG starting. They probably will.

Diego Lopez; Bonera, Rami, Mexes, Armero; Van Ginkel, Essien, Bonaventura; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 29 2014, 05:24 PM) *
Mediaset has Armero and MvG starting. They probably will.

Diego Lopez; Bonera, Rami, Mexes, Armero; Van Ginkel, Essien, Bonaventura; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy.

This Menez in the false 9 position is getting more and more irritating by the second
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 29 2014, 07:12 PM) *
This Menez in the false 9 position is getting more and more irritating by the second

Because Torres has been doing so well?
Danny
Ok more and more claims of MvG, Armero and Bona all starting. Could be the best midfield we've had all season.
X-Offender
Not with Essien instead of De Jong.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 30 2014, 12:21 AM) *
Not with Essien instead of De Jong.

But usually there's De Jong, Muntari and, depending on formation, Bona or Essien.

In this formation take away both De Jong and Muntari and add Essien, Bona, and MvG.

But then, guess it depends on 4:3:3 or 4:2:3:1
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 29 2014, 07:41 PM) *
Because Torres has been doing so well?

It's not like Menez goes into free-scoring mode when he plays in that position. And I don't like that he's given so much freedom to roam about and do what he pleases when he's playing in this position, either play him as a winger or none at all

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 30 2014, 02:36 AM) *
But usually there's De Jong, Muntari and, depending on formation, Bona or Essien.

In this formation take away both De Jong and Muntari and add Essien, Bona, and MvG.

But then, guess it depends on 4:3:3 or 4:2:3:1

I think it will be 4-3-3, Essien will just replace De Jong, with MvG and Bona on either side of him
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2014, 09:52 AM) *
It's not like Menez goes into free-scoring mode when he plays in that position. And I don't like that he's given so much freedom to roam about and do what he pleases when he's playing in this position, either play him as a winger or none at all

Problem is, Menez has never been played as winger so far, which is his natural position. Pippo either plays him as "false 9" or SS, and in both cases he's allowed to roam freely and do whatever it pleases him. No wonder he's become such an egotistical pr*ck when the coach gives you so much freedom.
X-Offender
Diego Lopez; Rami, Mexes, Bonera, Armero; Van Ginkel, Essien, Bonaventura; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 30 2014, 02:25 PM) *
Diego Lopez; Rami, Mexes, Bonera, Armero; Van Ginkel, Essien, Bonaventura; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy.

F'cking Zapata on the bench and Bonera starting in the centre!

Enough said about Pippo and meritocracy/fair chances to everyone FFS
X-Offender
Yes, it's beyond logic at this point how he keeps playing Bonera. Old buddy, I guess.
Fillipo Simone
I think he's trying to make Bonera as kind of a leader. He has something of the old Italian defender way in him, I have to admit, but well...he's simply not good enough, never was. So it's more then a long shot, what's Pippo trying here.
han2503
Bonera at RB
X-Offender
Bonera is playing as RB.

Also, what's with the third outfit? So ugly.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 30 2014, 03:01 PM) *
I think he's trying to make Bonera as kind of a leader. He has something of the old Italian defender way in him, I have to admit, but well...he's simply not good enough, never was. So it's more then a long shot, what's Pippo trying here.

Sorry, but no.

That simply cannot fly anymore.

He's proven to be one of our most undisciplined players so any "leader" excuse simply cannot fly

Old Italian defender? That's a slap in the face to the traditional Italian defenders
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2014, 05:03 PM) *
Sorry, but no.

That simply cannot fly anymore.

He's proven to be one of our most undisciplined players so any "leader" excuse simply cannot fly

Old Italian defender? That's a slap in the face to the traditional Italian defenders

Did I say it's good or should be supported? I only offered an explanation.

Armero looks awful up until now. No sense for position at all, attacking too deep.
han2503
Close, nice play there, I think it was Bona that played SES through
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 30 2014, 03:09 PM) *
Did I say it's good or should be supported? I only offered an explanation.

Armero looks awful up until now. No sense for position at all, attacking too deep.

Listen, if this was someone other than Pippo you wouldn't be trying to excuse it AT ALL. For me trying to give a feeble explanation for this is trying to defend him, and at this point he's become indefensible in his selections

As for Armero, I've always told Danny (when he wanted DS dropped for him) that I prefer DS because Amero is simply not a defender, but to shift an entire defence around just so he wouldn't play him for me is ridiculous, if DS is out Armero can do the job, simple as that
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 30 2014, 03:09 PM) *

Wow, you're so quick to judge.
han2503
Btw, Van Ginkel looks great and our midfield looks much more fluid, but let's play Muntari again when he's fit

I think that crossed the line...
William405
Did they count the goal?? My stream shut down!!
X-Offender
That was clearly a goal.
han2503
Should be a goal up!

FFS what is that idiot ref doing there next to the goal if he can't even see that FFS?
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 30 2014, 03:17 PM) *
Did they count the goal?? My stream shut down!!

Nope.
han2503
Playing well so far
X-Offender
We're not playing bad, but we seem so mellow. More grit and determination is necessary.
han2503
So close again!
William405
So clooooseee, Menez!
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 30 2014, 03:35 PM) *
We're not playing bad, but we seem so mellow. More grit and determination is necessary.

I don't think we're mellow at all

We're pressing them and winning the ball back quickly, that shows grit

Udinese are just sitting deep and we're trying to break them down, I don't think it's necessary to start rushing as of yet because that usually leads to mistakes
han2503
In all honesty we should be at least 2 or 3 up by now, wasted chances

Plus the very obvious goal we were not given
han2503
HT

Even without scoring, I'm feeling much more confident after watching that than I have all season long, even when we were already 1 or 2 up by now

We're handling them calmly in defence, we're retaining possession much better and we're creating chances

Much better than what we've seen all season long with erratic spells in possession, even more erratic defending and scoring from opportunistic moments that weren't really created through good plays
Danny
Just so I'm clear, MvG and Bona finally play in midfield and that part of the pitch actually looks good?

Well blow me with a trumpet and call me Frank - I'm taking over as Milan manager.

Didn't see most of the first half, sounds like we've played really rather well but just lacked a bit of luck.

How's Armero doing?

(still in disbelief both he and MvG started)
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2014, 05:13 PM) *
Listen, if this was someone other than Pippo you wouldn't be trying to excuse it AT ALL. For me trying to give a feeble explanation for this is trying to defend him, and at this point he's become indefensible in his selections

As for Armero, I've always told Danny (when he wanted DS dropped for him) that I prefer DS because Amero is simply not a defender, but to shift an entire defence around just so he wouldn't play him for me is ridiculous, if DS is out Armero can do the job, simple as that

Excuse? Listen, you guys discussed option. X-O said he and Bona are buddies that go way back and that's why he's playing him. I simply offered an alternative option, not meant to be as an excuse at all.

But in all honesty, Bonera has been doing great today. Nevermind the big f***up we're waiting to happen. So far, some very very good crossing from him. Created at least 3 great chances. Torres might actually be needy for this one.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 30 2014, 05:14 PM) *
Wow, you're so quick to judge.

It sure wasn't a judgment. Just an early observation.

But I do know Armero very well. He's acting like he's a winger and not a fullback. Leaving the flank all open for Udine counters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.