Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mark Hateley on San Siro and Milan's future
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
Mark Hateley believes that building a new ground would take his former club Milan on to better things.

Last week Barbara Berlusconi reportedly presented a proposal for the development of a new 50,000-seater stadium for the Rossoneri.

And even if any construction process will apparently be slow-moving, Hateley thinks that the project would be worth the wait.

“A stadium like Juventus Stadium would be perfect,” Hateley told Tuttomercatoweb today.

“Because it would provide an atmosphere and it’s never nice to play in an empty stadium.

“To re-launch the club at San Siro, empty, is sad – they’d need a different stadium a new stadium, maybe a 40,000-capacity one and this could push and give strength to a new Milan.

“I always follow them – Milan are struggling to start up again, there is a lot of inconsistency unfortunately.

“They have changed a lot, lots of managers have passed by. But the problem is about investment.

“But now that they are trying to build a new stadium, this would be really important.”

This season Milan are not the only Red Devils on European scene struggling domestically, with Manchester United doing worse than expected after the £169m splashed in the summer.

Last week, Louis Van Gaal stated that he will need three years to rebuild the side that once ruled the world, but Hateley remains sceptical.

“I think that Van Gaal meant three years to reach the Champions League Final, while in the Premier League, after [the acquisitions made over] the summer…”

“He has spent a lot but anyway I believe that to complete his job, he will need at least two more transfer market sessions because they have huge problems in defence and Radamel Falcao is not paying dividends upfront, whilst Robin van Persie is at the end of his career.”

http://www.football-italia.net/58481/%E2%8...lan-on%E2%80%99

In simple terms he thinks a move is the way forward. It would hurt to leave San Siro but if the Club's future would be helped by it what choice do we really have?
Rossoneri7
It is the right direction, with upsides outweighting the downs. Bayern Munich moved out of their historic Olympiastadion into a new hightec stadium, with infrastructure complementing the needs of stadium goers for today's times.

There is Milan Expo2015 grounds that both Milan and inter looked at, but price was not lucrative. The expo2015 is a new project in a town called Rho in Milan; it has brand new infrastructures and facilities, from trams to sewage; brand new residential and commercial spaces; and a massive plot of land that both Milan and inter were looking at. This as the Expo is a one-time event that wont Which makes it a sweat deal for the long-term, as if to capitalize on the stadium business as well as the surrounding businesses.

Then there were several others that I heard about, and can't be bothered to look for them, as we need new investors to raise equity, hence cash to purchase such asset(s). Yet Barbara did say she would like to acquire the grounds near Casa Milan, and have a 'Milan Village'. Which would be rather cool.

I say the direction is right from a branding and marketing aspect, the club's online presences via social media and the likes, Casa Milan, add a stadium that is efficient and modern. Economically it makes perfect sense to have 40K, where you can price your tickets and charge at premiums. Families will start going to the stadium, as it will be a place of entertainment with all the underlaying POS (points of sale); ages 6+ would love an afternoon/evening at a 'Milan Village' concept.

All that, my opinion. The team, should improve with time. Stability and a strong core is what we should strive to develop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.