Birth place: San Severino Marche
Height: 180 cm
Weight: 75 kg
KillerMax
Some stats:

13/14 Atalanta: 31 games/ 5 goals/ 3 assist

12/13 " : 35 games/ 7 goals/ 2 assist

11/12 " : 29 games/ 2 goals/ 1 assist

That's really low amount of assist for an attacking mid.

TriniKing_CE

Bonaventura's agent: "It's true that Bonaventura cried when he signed the contract with Milan. It's a dream come true for him."

He chose his number by the way... 89! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Sep 2 2014, 07:30 AM) *
He chose his number by the way... 89!

And X-Off cried when he found out. It's a nightmare come alive for him. sad.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Sep 1 2014, 08:30 PM) *
He chose his number by the way... 89! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Great. rolleyes.gif

- # Updated.
Danny
I've heard only good things about Bonaventura tbh. I'm not sure why anyone would be displeased at his signature, and the guy scored a couple V Inter last season which gets the thumbs up in my book.

From most he seems a well-rated and popular signing.
han2503
I think the biggest aspect of this is that we swooped in under Inter's noses and bought him right out from under them. They've been linked o him a lot this summer, and I checked on their forums, they seemed to really want him. biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
He scores against Inter all the time apparently. So that's another plus.
kurtsimonw
Not complaining, hopefully it means less Torres on the field.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2014, 12:57 PM) *
Not complaining, hopefully it means less Torres on the field.

I don't think Bonaventura effects Torres in any way.

I've read that he can basically play any position in midfield. He usually plays the LM position in Atalanta's 4-4-2

So I do think that Pippo will mostly use him in midfield, at least that's what I'm hoping for, either him or Honda need to be in that last CM slot next to De Jong and probably Van Ginkel
Jack Sparrow
I have a lot of hope on Torres. I expect him to come good for us around December, once he gets the grip of things.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2014, 02:02 PM) *
I don't think Bonaventura effects Torrer in any way.

For some reason I thought he was more attacking than that. I figured he'd be one of the front 3 which would, possibly, mean less time for Torres if Menez was going to play in the front 3 also.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2014, 08:06 AM) *
For some reason I thought he was more attacking than that. I figured he'd be one of the front 3.

That's my understanding too. But I think he will be used more as a sub/ rotation player. Apparently he is a bit of utility player and can play deeper in midfield too.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2014, 02:06 PM) *
For some reason I thought he was more attacking than that. I figured he'd be one of the front 3 which would, possibly, mean less time for Torres if Menez was going to play in the front 3 also.

He's an all rounder, he's played both in the AM and RW position at Atalanta from what I read, but he's mostly a midfielder (usually plays slightly wider in the 4-4-2)

I do think we'll be using him in the midfield 3, the official site also have him listed as a midfielder, which is always a good indication of how he's intended to be used, Honda for example is listed as an attacker, and he's more a midfielder than an attacker imo but that's where we've always used him
Jack Bauer
If he can replace Muntari in the line-up, he will become my favorite player.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 2 2014, 02:59 AM) *
And X-Off cried when he found out. It's a nightmare come alive for him. sad.gif

Damn right! The hell is wrong with these people...

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2014, 09:06 PM) *
He's an all rounder, he's played both in the AM and RW position at Atalanta from what I read, but he's mostly a midfielder (usually plays slightly wider in the 4-4-2)

I do think we'll be using him in the midfield 3, the official site also have him listed as a midfielder, which is always a good indication of how he's intended to be used, Honda for example is listed as an attacker, and he's more a midfielder than an attacker imo but that's where we've always used him

I'm pretty sure we signed Bonaventura to play as winger. He's Biabiany's replacement.
kurtsimonw
I'd demand to wear #1 as an outfield player.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2014, 05:22 PM) *
I'd demand to wear #1 as an outfield player.

Even uglier!
X-Offender
Or maybe 10 as CB. Gallas, anyone?

Eto't getting #5 at Everton is pretty weird too.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 2 2014, 05:41 PM) *
Or maybe 10 as CB. Gallas, anyone?

Eto't getting #5 at Everton is pretty weird too.

Oh the horror!
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 3 2014, 04:19 AM) *

Exactly, I am a purist with these numbers too. dry.gif Anything crossing 20 is ugly territory for me for the main players in a team. And the 68s, 89s, 92s and all that are simply an eyesore.
kurtsimonw
This reminds me of SPL player Derrick Riordan wearing the #01 shirt.

KillerMax
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 2 2014, 05:50 PM) *
Anything crossing 20 is ugly territory for me for the main players in a team.

I see your point about main players, but numbers like 21, 23, 24, 27 are all cool IMO. 21 because it's a world famous lucky number. 23 because of Ambro. 24 because of Roque Santa Cruz at Bayern. 27 Because of Serginho.

Oh the memories. wub.gif
kurtsimonw
#23 is my favourite number. Ambro is one of the reasons.
Jack Bauer
Ambro must have been MJ's fan.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 2 2014, 11:19 PM) *

I'm pretty sure we signed Bonaventura to play as winger. He's Biabiany's replacement.

He came in instead of him, but I don't think he's a direct replacement, Biabiany was always going to be a bench player either way. Galliani saw the opportunity to get Bonaventura after the Biabiany deal failed and jumped on it, not because they're like for like, but because Giacomo is a highly rated player in Italy. If he was going to be used in the 3 in attack he would have been listed as an attacker on the official site.

Maybe we will use him there if it's necessary because of injuries or fatigue. but I think he'll primarily be used as a midfielder
X-Offender
He got shirt #28! Life is good again. biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE

Van Ginkel with a low number as well. smile.gif
X-Offender
Now if only SES could drop that ridiculous 92 as well...
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 4 2014, 09:27 AM) *

I can actually tolerate SES' 92!
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 4 2014, 01:27 PM) *

That will be difficult since his marketing is built around El 92
kurtsimonw
If we change anything about SES, it has to be his hair.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 4 2014, 10:48 AM) *
If we change anything about SES, it has to be his hair.

His hair is his trademark too. His style proceeds his footballing skills... smoke.gif
X-Offender
Apparently Bonaventura has impressed Inzaghi a lot in training. He played him both as CM and winger.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 7 2014, 10:29 AM) *
Apparently Bonaventura has impressed Inzaghi a lot in training. He played him both as CM and winger.

He seems a top class player and a truly excellent signing. He, MvG & De Jong really is a midfield to get excited about.
X-Offender
Anyone else noticed?

KillerMax
Oh no...
acid911
I thought I was the only one to notice that semblance. mellow.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 19 2014, 11:07 PM) *
Anyone else noticed?

Yep, just didn't want to say anything about it.

But surely, Jack must be Maximillion's love child...

The resemblance is just freakish, the nose, the mouth and the eyes are replicas
Danny
So we've seen a lot of this guy over the past year to form a judgement on him.

Reason I raise this is I saw a tweet which described him as not creative and can't score, more of a Gattuso type. This tweet was arrogantly ridiculed and mocked, but it got me thinking.

It's true that he isn't creative. I was wrong to think he had that in his locker. He cannot pick out a pass, and he won't dribble through a hundred players. He can't thread the ball through the eye of a needle either, but it would be a bit of a disservice to call him like Gattuso, as, hard working though he is, he has more ability and doesn't spend all his time harrying opponents.

If I had to sum Bona up it would be as a link man, a support man. He is always in space, always ready to take the ball in the opposition half and keep a move going. He won't do much flashy with it, he'll rarely score, and his shooting isn't the best, but he works hard covering so much grass that he's always available to other players as an outlet when they need it.

Thoughts?
X-Offender
I think he's a fantastic all-around player to have. And yes, I consider him a starter. Great work-rate and ethics. It's true that he's not very creative, but I never considered him such in the first place. Yet, he can make a good pass every now and then, and he's also shown he can dribble past opponents.

Nothing to do with Gattuso here. He's more of an upgraded version of Nocerino with more offensive capabilities. Perfect for a 3-man midfield, either on the right or left. If we could keep De Jong and sign a quality playmaker, we'd have a great starting midfield for next season.
han2503
I don't think Bona is anywhere near to the Rino type. I mostly see him as a 2-way player personally, he's comfortable both in attacking situations and when he has to do the defending. He can dribble well, we've seen that he can score and can also pick out the occasional pass in tight spaces.

I like how versatile he is. And even though he is the definition of a Jack of all Trades, he's not someone that is average at a lot of things but not great at one, like Poli for example.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 22 2015, 10:35 AM) *
I don't think Bona is anywhere near to the Rino type. I mostly see him as a 2-way player personally, he's comfortable both in attacking situations and when he has to do the defending. He can dribble well, we've seen that he can score and can also pick out the occasional pass in tight spaces.

I like how versatile he is. And even though he is the definition of a Jack of all Trades, he's not someone that is average at a lot of things but not great at one, like Poli for example.

Haha I was just thinking that Bonnaventura is the player I had thought Poli would be. Above average in many aspects but not amazing at any.
Danny
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Mar 23 2015, 07:23 PM) *
Haha I was just thinking that Bonnaventura is the player I had thought Poli would be. Above average in many aspects but not amazing at any.

Yes.

I think Jack gets cut a bit of slack for the heart he shows, but actually, he's a very ordinary player. He's a slightly upgraded version of Poli and while he never stops working, there is no one quality he brings above anyone else.

I think I've slightly over rated him and he's not the quality of player to take us forward.
X-Offender
He was pretty bad today. Misplaced a lot of passes and didn't cover much. There was a moment when one of Palermo's players had the space and time to cross the ball from our left, and he was just watching him instead of closing him down. Kinda pissed me off.
Fillipo Simone
Was that one off match or did you mention some more lasting problems with him being in the midfield?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 5 2015, 11:16 AM) *
Was that one off match or did you mention some more lasting problems with him being in the midfield?

What do you mean?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 5 2015, 04:40 PM) *
What do you mean?

I mean was it just an off match or do you think he's unsuitable for a CM?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 6 2015, 11:28 AM) *
I mean was it just an off match or do you think he's unsuitable for a CM?

Ah, no, I think he's suitable as CM. I see him in the same light as Marchisio, albeit Marchisio is a much better player all-around, defensively too. But I see no problem with him being stationed as CM, as long as the team functions properly, Bonaventura can be a viable asset. I certainly don't want to see him in attack, though. Waste of space.
han2503
Bumped
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.