KillerMax

Role: Midfielder
Jersey: 21
Birth date: December 1, 1992
Birth place: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Height: 1.86
Weight: 82
KillerMax
Mourinho on van Ginkel: “He covers a fantastic area of the field defensively and after that he has this instinct where he wants to go into finishing areas, he wants to score goals. He’s very good in the air.”
TriniKing_CE
Welcome VG!!

Looking forward to seeing what he can offer this team.

Seems to be promising.
KillerMax
Google image his name. Who does he remind you of? biggrin.gif
amancik
I was gonna ask you who but then when I Googled his name, I saw a picture of Justin Bieber. Is that who you're referring to?
KillerMax
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 1 2014, 01:18 PM) *
I was gonna ask you who but then when I Googled his name, I saw a picture of Justin Bieber. Is that who you're referring to?

I thought that before seeing those bieber pics, so it was funny to see those. Yeah I think he totally has some Bieber vibe going on:

biggrin.gif
han2503
Our marketing people should get on this, advertise a Bieber look-alike playing in the San Siro, get that teenage girl demographic
TriniKing_CE
1st Milan interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuF1XbgRK7A

devilsmiley.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Galliani)
“Van Ginkel resisted initially. It’s not that he didn’t want to join us – he just thought that he could get into the Chelsea team.

“But Mourinho is a great Coach, and told the lad that after an eight-month lay-off through injury, coming here would be good for him.

“I then asked [countryman Nigel] De Jong to speak to him, and Fernando Torres as well. Eventually he said yes.”

CHU-LIP
Good to know he'll be ready for Chelsea after recovering at Milan.

Oh, will he?
Recovering at Milan, usually is only temperary.

Great young player, but where is Milan heading with this management?
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 4 2014, 12:35 AM) *
where is Milan heading with this management?

KillerMax
Number 21.
Jack Sparrow
injured for a month. Ligament damage. Expect him to be back at the same time as Saponara and Lopez. Post the international break for the game against Verona on the 19th. -> Football-Italia
X-Offender
Too bad. sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 25 2014, 01:41 PM) *
Too bad. sad.gif

Yep, he looked good on Tuesday. I think he'd add a completely new dynamic to our midfield if he's used correctly and settles in well
Jack Sparrow
Tbh, concerned that Lopez is out too. Doesn't give our defence any time to settle. Abbiati continues to play as Gk for us, and deep lying playmaker for the opposition. dry.gif
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2014, 01:09 PM) *
Yep, he looked good on Tuesday. I think he'd add a completely new dynamic to our midfield if he's used correctly and settles in well

Looked like it took him all of 2 minutes on the pitch to settle in.

Has the tools to make it to the top of the game.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 25 2014, 03:26 PM) *
Looked like it took him all of 2 minutes on the pitch to settle in.

Has the tools to make it to the top of the game.

Too bad we have no option on him, it really does feel like we're developing Chelsea's talent with this bright move from Galliani
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2014, 05:26 PM) *
Too bad we have no option on him, it really does feel like we're developing Chelsea's talent with this bright move from Galliani

Yeah, that's the part that sucks. But we could always make an offer to them after the loan expires if we want him that badly. But I don't think MvG wants to stay. He's focused on making it at Chelsea, from what I've been able to understand.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 25 2014, 04:26 PM) *

That's the market we're in. Can't attract the best any more.

Although there was a good interview with a Milan-supporting financial analyst I know called Andrea Bricchi on Twitter with a UK paper called the Daily Mail which went some lengths to explaining our financial state at present. Enlightening stance on it really. I always said Silvio had the money but refused to spend it. I couldn't understand why. Possibly now I do.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...a-AC-Milan.html
X-Offender
^ Thanks for the link. Am too tired now, but will definitely check it tomorrow.
Rossoneri7
Van Ginkel agent warns Milan

The agent of Marko van Ginkel has warned Milan that his client expects more playing time - or the Rossoneri risk losing him in January.

Van Ginkel joined the club on loan from Chelsea in the summer, but has only seen 33 minutes of Serie A action so far.

It is a situation that has the midfielder’s agent warning that he could return to Stamford Bridge if things don’t change.

“At the start of the season being on the bench was understandable,” Karel Jansen has told Fox Sports.

“There was a need for a period of acclimatisation.

“But now Marko still can’t get a game and we’re not happy.

“He didn’t come to Milan to sit on the bench, that would be illogical.

“If the situation doesn’t change, Chelsea could recall him as early as January.”

If anything, this confirms his exit in January.

Thought there was huge potential in the kid, except he was never really a part of the playing squad. Same can be said of Niang. Maybe the kid has something to offer, but then again maybe he does not.

I wouldn't dwell much into it, seeing as if he was that good, we would have seen more of him.
kurtsimonw
Chelsea are a pretty young team, I don't see where he fits in there. Can see him going to some Bundesliga club in a few years.
han2503
It's such a shame to see us wasting this opportunity with him

Had we given him proper time he could have flourished, and who knows, he might have pushed for a permanent move, because as kurt said above, there's simply no space for him at Chelsea.

But who cares, let's send him back, as long as there's space for Muntari in the team all is well
kurtsimonw
We could potentially burn bridges with Chelsea over this too. Why would they send any other players on loan here in the future?
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 5 2014, 10:56 PM) *
We could potentially burn bridges with Chelsea over this too. Why would they send any other players on loan here in the future?

Yep, especially after the favours they did for us this summer

My question is why even bother with the loan if the coach had no intention of using him?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 6 2014, 01:56 AM) *

Don't think that would be the case.
Danny
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 6 2014, 10:28 AM) *
Don't think that would be the case.

Yes it would. Chelsea sent, as part of the relationship between the clubs (not quite as strong as what we have with Real) a player on loan in goodwill that he'd get playing time.

He's started once in 10 games, excluding his injury.

He's not even made a single sub appearance. It's been really poor.
X-Offender
We would have to pay €400,000 to Chelsea if MVG doesn't get 20 appearances. If he does, it's a free loan. More money thrown out of the window.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 6 2014, 04:04 PM) *
Yes it would. Chelsea sent, as part of the relationship between the clubs (not quite as strong as what we have with Real) a player on loan in goodwill that he'd get playing time.

He's started once in 10 games, excluding his injury.

He's not even made a single sub appearance. It's been really poor.

So your certain we wont be able to strike deals with Chelsea (or any other European team), because we didnt field this kid?

Ofcourse this noting that there were never guarantees that a loaned player would get playing time?

If you do, then its fine because its your opinion. i just see it differently smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 6 2014, 02:13 PM) *
We would have to pay €400,000 to Chelsea if MVG doesn't get 20 appearances. If he does, it's a free loan. More money thrown out of the window.

Wow.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 6 2014, 07:46 PM) *
Wow.

Amazing, even. happy.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 6 2014, 12:26 PM) *
So your certain we wont be able to strike deals with Chelsea (or any other European team), because we didnt field this kid?

Ofcourse this noting that there were never guarantees that a loaned player would get playing time?

If you do, then its fine because its your opinion. i just see it differently smile.gif

Apart from the 400,000 we'd have to pay if he didn't, no.

I'm sure Rami will love the 400,000 he gave Milan for his deal being wasted by the club in this way.

Nice one Pippo.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 6 2014, 07:01 PM) *
Apart from the 400,000 we'd have to pay if he didn't, no.

I'm sure Rami will love the 400,000 he gave Milan for his deal being wasted by the club in this way.

Nice one Pippo.

Do we know the terms of the agreement/contract to base a claim on such a clause? Or are we dependant on so&so said this/that?

I mean, yes absolutely, there very well could be such a clause. Heck lets say 200% there is such a clause, why are you upset? You claim he is a great prospect, no? 400K is 'measly' for his services.

Then what if Pippo scarcely plays him? We hade seen many prospect players; niang, gourcuff, paloschi, ses, balotelli, etc etc ... What I'm saying is, he might not be all that hype that accompanied him here. Certainly not after his dodgy approach to the side. But I'm not one to dwell on what he had done, trust Pippo wants to win and if he gets it wrong then its his mistake, but I would like to believe he has an idea in mind and is trying to tweak it proper.
Fillipo Simone
But then you've gotta ask why we signed/loaned the guy in the first place. And since Muntari, Essien and Poli haven't exactly been stellar by now, I think we should give van Ginkel a chance to prove himself.
X-Offender
There are many things that should be done, Fillipo. Playing van Ginkel is only one of them.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 26 2014, 11:07 PM) *
But then you've gotta ask why we signed/loaned the guy in the first place. And since Muntari, Essien and Poli haven't exactly been stellar by now, I think we should give van Ginkel a chance to prove himself.

Not going to happen. Just like Armero.

Both are simply not wanted by stubborn and arrogant Pippo.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 27 2014, 04:09 AM) *
Not going to happen. Just like Armero.

Both are simply not wanted by stubborn and arrogant Pippo.

Well, we'll see. At least with Armero we don't miss anything. I'm 100% sure it's better we play MDS when available.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 27 2014, 11:06 AM) *
Well, we'll see. At least with Armero we don't miss anything. I'm 100% sure it's better we play MDS when available.

You're missing the point.

Ok, Rami had a good match, but Pippo had no desire to use Armero at LB and MDS at RB when Abate was out. Essentially their best positions.

He rather played Bonera at LB ahead of Armero before Abate was available.

Point is Armero is badly treated, as is van Ginkel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.