Weight: 78

KillerMax
Welcome! king.gif
X-Offender
Here's to hoping for the best.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 31 2014, 02:22 PM) *
Here's to hoping for the best.

Did you ever like him? Like when he was at Atleti?
kurtsimonw
Eh. Welcome. Prove me wrong.
CrazyMilanFan
10 years ago this transfer would have been a dream.. but i hope and have a feeling he will perform well for us..
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Aug 31 2014, 08:28 PM) *
10 years ago this transfer would have been a dream.. but i hope and have a feeling he will perform well for us..

We should have gotten him when we sold Sheva
X-Offender
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 31 2014, 08:23 PM) *

Yeah, I really wanted him when he was playing for Atletico. At Liverpool he was a beast, but I didn't really care for him mainly cos I hate Liverpool.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 31 2014, 11:23 PM) *

He was great back then. I remeber wanting him to partner Sheva at Milan.

But he peaked early and faded early. Not expecting much.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2014, 07:28 PM) *
Eh. Welcome. Prove me wrong.

Like De Jong?
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 31 2014, 08:46 PM) *
He was great back then. I remeber wanting him to partner Sheva at Milan.

But he peaked early and faded early. Not expecting much.

He didn't fade so much as get injured. Then lost form (that's natural) and oddly got a £50M move to Chelsea who wanted a different type of player - a Drogba type. They didn't use him properly and it killed his confidence.
KillerMax
BTW, I guessed his shirt # tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 31 2014, 11:00 PM) *
Like De Jong?

I hope he proves me as badly wrong as NDJ did!
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 1 2014, 01:01 AM) *
He didn't fade so much as get injured. Then lost form (that's natural) and oddly got a £50M move to Chelsea who wanted a different type of player - a Drogba type. They didn't use him properly and it killed his confidence.

You think 4 years of mesmerizing misses, that even someone like Kurt would score some of them, is just a confidence thing? It's part of it but there must be more than that. Really hope he can be a lethal striker agaon but I'm not holding my breath.
Rossoneri7
Have no doubt Pippo will teach him, but if his head and feet don't click. Then at least we have two wingers and two midfielders in the box to finish it off. We looked dangerous against Lazio, heart and hunger, Torres would definitely be an added value.
TriniKing_CE
Welcome El Niño!

Everything has already been pretty much said...

He was once great, but after his injury, he managed to look completely washed up for his entire stay at Chelsea!

If he can get some of it back then great!

But as it stands, I'm hoping for the best, but not expecting all that much to be honest.

We'll see... Nothing is Impossible (or so adidas claims anyway...!)
Jack Sparrow
Pippo just said in an interview that Torres broke all the records in the speed fitness tests. ohmy.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 1 2014, 06:10 PM) *
Pippo just said in an interview that Torres broke all the records in the speed fitness tests. ohmy.gif

The benchmark must have been pretty low then
amancik
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2014, 03:33 AM) *
The benchmark must have been pretty low then

Must have yes. I don't think I can remember any Milan players in the last five years or so that are super-fit.
Jack Sparrow
I can see a bunch of people have already made their minds about him. In other words he needs to score 20 goals or he's an absolute waste and we were morons to have let go of Balotelli.

Torres just shown to be faster than Abate?! That's fast enough for me.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 1 2014, 03:40 PM) *
I can see a bunch of people have already made their minds about him. In other words he needs to score 20 goals or he's an absolute waste and we were morons to have let go of Balotelli.

From what Pippo stated in the interview, apparently its by some distance as well. That's good to hear. smile.gif

http://www.espnfc.com/italian-serie-a/12/video/2015295
Jack Sparrow
Yes thank you. I'd like us to head into a new season at least without pre-conceived notions.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 1 2014, 07:40 PM) *

I don't think he's faster than either Abate or Armero, I read it was his agility and fitness results that really impressed
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2014, 09:46 PM) *
I don't think he's faster than either Abate or Armero, I read it was his agility and fitness results that really impressed

That's good then.
Jack Bauer
milanbuf88
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 1 2014, 03:59 PM) *
Yes thank you. I'd like us to head into a new season at least without pre-conceived notions.

Hey Jack have you written out your post about how you felt Torres was being misused at Chelsea and how you think he'll fit better here tactically? I remember you saying that when the transfer became official and I was looking forward to reading it. I'm cautiously optimistic about Torres. He'll never be the player he was at Liverpool but if he can get some confidence back I think he could be a good player for us.
X-Offender
The thing with Torres is that he's "only" 30. Players like Milito and Toni hit their peak at that age. Sure, he can't have the pace and speed he had 5-6 years ago, but he's always been a greater finisher. Plus he's not static like Pazzini. If we play well enough, he can prove useful. That being said, I'm not holding my breath.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 1 2014, 08:40 PM) *

The same could be said of you though, trying to make out something meaningless to be some kind of special thing. Dennis Rommedahl can run a sub-11 100 meters, let's play him up front instead.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 6 2014, 01:20 PM) *
The thing with Torres is that he's "only" 30. Players like Milito and Toni hit their peak at that age. Sure, he can't have the pace and speed he had 5-6 years ago, but he's always been a greater finisher. Plus he's not static like Pazzini. If we play well enough, he can prove useful. That being said, I'm not holding my breath.

Yea that's what I'm thinking too. He's always been a player to work hard, he has good hold up ability, and his link up play is pretty good. I think he may be really good at holding up play for El Shaarawy and Menez to run into space. Some confidence and work with Pippo might get his finishing back on track. He's a gamble for sure but it's fairly low risk with high potential reward.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 31 2014, 10:15 PM) *
You think 4 years of mesmerizing misses, that even someone like Kurt would score some of them, is just a confidence thing? It's part of it but there must be more than that. Really hope he can be a lethal striker agaon but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree there's room for doubt, but you do not go from one of the best 5 strikers on earth to a total dumpling overnight. Old Torres is still there, but only if he's used right.

PS I've seen better players than a faded Torres miss open goals.
X-Offender
Yeah, missing open goals can happen to anyone.
Danny
He cuts a very unhappy figure. Only time he's smiled since joining was in the publicity pics. He hasn't looked happy on the pitch at all.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 3 2014, 04:43 AM) *
He cuts a very unhappy figure. Only time he's smiled since joining was in the publicity pics. He hasn't looked happy on the pitch at all.

We haven't been happy watching him play. He might be even worse than his Chelsea days.

So much for the hope that he might return to good form. Same finished player.
Danny
Sadly it looks it. Me and Jack clung onto belief this Milan could work with Torres to get him back to a bit like his old self, but he's been completely terrible.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Sep 1 2014, 12:15 AM) *

Just saw this post. What do you mean "even someone like Kurt" I'm like Ruud van Nistelrooy in front of goal!
Jack Bauer
Forget Rudd, you can be like a sunday league player in front of goal and it still will be better than Torres.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 3 2014, 10:06 AM) *
Just saw this post. What do you mean "even someone like Kurt" I'm like Ruud van Nistelrooy in front of goal!

Saw ur game yesterday, could have sworn when Benteke was given a red it was you on the line scolding the ref biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 3 2014, 03:02 AM) *
Sadly it looks it. Me and Jack clung onto belief this Milan could work with Torres to get him back to a bit like his old self, but he's been completely terrible.

Really though Danny, what do you expect?

He's not getting any service, he's trying to work hard but there's only so much he can do when he's barely getting a touch of the ball. Obviously he's going to cut an unhappy figure.

We have some serious problems in that midfield, and until they're fixed our attackers will continue to look impotent and frustrated.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2014, 09:35 AM) *
Really though Danny, what do you expect?

He's not getting any service, he's trying to work hard but there's only so much he can do when he's barely getting a touch of the ball. Obviously he's going to cut an unhappy figure.

We have some serious problems in that midfield, and until they're fixed our attackers will continue to look impotent and frustrated.

The players/midfield aren't the problem, the rotation and formation are. And that's solely down to Pippo.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 3 2014, 11:46 AM) *
The players/midfield aren't the problem, the rotation and formation are. And that's solely down to Pippo.

I think it goes deeper than just moving a couple of players here and there. We have no plan as to how to break teams down.

I actually couldn't believe what I was seeing yesterday when I saw the ball being repeatedly punted up at Torres like he's some target man
Rossoneri7
Integrating Torres into the team wasn't going to be a bang. He needs time, we don't have time. Heck, our rookie coach has a favorable statistic of w/d/l, yet is being earmarked as the cause of our troubles after only 10 games!

Not sure if Torres will ever come good, Spanish outfield players and Serie A don't have good chemistry. My assumption is, Torres doesn't last long, unless it's a quota to be filled for sponsor's requirements (ie WC status players of X amount in the team-strictly for marketing purposes).
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 4 2014, 01:08 AM) *
Integrating Torres into the team wasn't going to be a bang. He needs time, we don't have time. Heck, our rookie coach has a favorable statistic of w/d/l, yet is being earmarked as the cause of our troubles after only 10 games!

Not sure if Torres will ever come good, Spanish outfield players and Serie A don't have good chemistry. My assumption is, Torres doesn't last long, unless it's a quota to be filled for sponsor's requirements (ie WC status players of X amount in the team-strictly for marketing purposes).

Agreed.
Danny
Worth pointing out Torres has been a disaster in Madrid. He's score none in 6 league appearances.

He does, weirdly, have 4 in the cup, all versus either Real or Barca, but in the league none at all.
Fillipo Simone
He needs time.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 25 2015, 04:52 PM) *
Worth pointing out Torres has been a disaster in Madrid. He's score none in 6 league appearances.

He does, weirdly, have 4 in the cup, all versus either Real or Barca, but in the league none at all.

Is he getting time in the league, or is he mostly their starter in the cup? Because that would explain those numbers

And at least he's scoring some, which is more than he managed with us
Fillipo Simone
Should be moved to past players, no?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 14 2016, 02:59 PM) *
Should be moved to past players, no?

I think so, and good riddance.

Another futile attempt by Galliani to bring in a once big name that has gone way past his sell by date.

Moved
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 14 2016, 10:28 PM) *
I think so, and good riddance.

Another futile attempt by Galliani to bring in a once big name that has gone way past his sell by date.

Moved

True, but I still believe he's officially a Milan player, no?
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Feb 15 2016, 03:37 PM) *
True, but I still believe he's officially a Milan player, no?

Don't know, the deal involved both Cerci and him. But with Cerci staying past the 2 years and us still owning his sorry @ss while on loan to Genoa, I don't know what's going on with that

Either way, neither of them will ever wear the Milan shirt again, so I'm more than fine with it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.