Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 26 - AC Milan vs. Juventus FC T&F
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
So, another solid overall performance that gives me faith in Seedorf. The main problem we'll have to address in the summer is adding up quality. Not talent, not numbers and quantity, but class. That's a hard task.

Top goes to Andrea Poli, who's presence was important for both the defensive and offensive plan. He shut down Pirlo nicely, which became evident after his injury and Saponara's inability to do the same. Second goes to Montolivo, who was finally intelligent and commanding, ever present and a focal point for our counters. A pitty he doesn't do this more often.

Flop goes to Rami. I blame him for the first goal that came in a rather silly fashion. He wasn't concentrated and was caught off position too many times.
X-Offender
Top - Monto. He played like a true captain, especially in the first half. Poli was great as well, but he missed a couple of goals.

Flop - Honda, for the same reasons I posted in the match thread.
han2503
Top Monto. Totally dominant in that midfield. Really impressive last couple of games from him, great to see him finally getting back into the swing of things and regaining form. Close seconds: Poli, who was top notch and executed his part in the game plan perfectly, only reason why I couldn't vote him as MoM is because of the misses. And Abate was also great defensively 100% secure in his positioning and recoveries as well as made a couple of really great overlapping runs to widen our play and spread out Juve's CBs even more which imo was key to the amount of times we managed to break through them and create great chances

Flop: Sapo, really hate to say it but the kid is really losing my faith. Yes it was a mistake on Seedorf's part to push him into the game at such a crucial stage and to do the work Poli was doing since it's clear that Sapo isn't the physical type of player, but so far, whenever Seedorf's given him the chance Sapo has failed to impress. He seems slow and sluggish as of late, I hope that's just because he was out for a while and still needs to regain his fitness, I'd hate to see such a talented kid waste away
Fillipo Simone
Such talent? Hmh, in hole honesty, I don't see that much talent in Saponara. What has he got?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 4 2014, 02:31 PM) *
Such talent? Hmh, in hole honesty, I don't see that much talent in Saponara. What has he got?

I think from what he showed during his time in Serie B it is clear he has talent it's just a question of whether he'll be able to show it on a bigger stage with a big club.
Fillipo Simone
I don't know. Many players shine in Serie B. But that doesn't mean their talent is especially big or even noteworthy. Look at Eder - first-rate Serie B striker, second-rate Sere A striker.

But I actually don't see anything special regarding Saponara. His speed is normal (for such age), his passing is average, I didn't feel any special sense of vision or positioning. He doesn't dribble and his shot is solid. But like I said, nothing special.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 4 2014, 02:42 PM) *
I don't know. Many players shine in Serie B. But that doesn't mean their talent is especially big or even noteworthy. Look at Eder - first-rate Serie B striker, second-rate Sere A striker.

But I actually don't see anything special regarding Saponara. His speed is normal (for such age), his passing is average, I didn't feel any special sense of vision or positioning. He doesn't dribble and his shot is solid. But like I said, nothing special.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe Allegri was right after all for never giving him a chance.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 4 2014, 03:39 PM) *
Yeah, I agree. Maybe Allegri was right after all for never giving him a chance.

Allegri gave him a chance in the worst moment of all

Plus he was never really fit when Allegri was coaching us. He spent the major part of this season injured
Fillipo Simone
Yes, but honestly, other then some good performances with Empoli (which we never saw), what did he do to deserve much more? From what I've seen, he's pretty much average and get's marked as a talent just because he's young.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.