Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 24 - AC Milan vs. Bologna FC T&F
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
Hmh. Very hard to pick one of Abbiati and Montolivo for top. Both did very good, in the end I decided for Abbiati. Made three very good saves, one of which is maybe "save of the season" worth, at least when Milan is considered.

Monto finally hit the right rhythm with his distribution and work effort. The goal Balo scored never would have been possible without him taking initiative and getting the ball from the Bologna player. But he was allover the place, from minute one until the end.

Flop goes to Honda. Dare I say that Honda played a "Robinho" today? Is it maybe connected with tactics? I think it is: all of our potentially dangerous players look neutralized and static. The problem is, we don't have Alaba, Lahm and Schweini/Thiago/Kroos to make this work. Movement is also crucial, and with that kind of static play by Honda, Balo, even Ricky - no wonder this doesn't work. Only Taarabt seems to be fitting into the system, and that only because he's giving 110% to prove himself.
X-Offender
^ Agreed.

I don't know what's wrong with Honda. He looked quite sharp against Spezia, Sassuolo and Cagliari, but his form has drastically declined lately. I'm still of the opinion that he should play centrally, and a bit more retracted in midfield. 4-2-1-3 would be the ideal formation to apply IMO, going by Seedorf's standards.
Fillipo Simone
Well, Spezia and Sassuolo (?) are bad teams. Bologna defended like a typical Italian mid-table team. It's not something you learn to break instantly. On the other hand, I never expected much from Honda.
Jack Sparrow
I think Honda is just too slow to be played on the flanks. This 4-2-3-1 is not the best for us. Really think we need to use the diamond or X-Mas tree.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 15 2014, 01:02 PM) *
I think Honda is just too slow to be played on the flanks. This 4-2-3-1 is not the best for us. Really think we need to use the diamond or X-Mas tree.

Xmas tree for me.

But yeah, Honda really has no place on the flanks. I really don't get Seedorf's reasoning there. If I was to compare Honda to someone, I'd compare him to Sneijder. They're very similar players.

It's too bad SES is injured. I think he would have thrived with Seedorf's new system. I'd really like to see this when he gets back.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 15 2014, 12:45 PM) *
Xmas tree for me.

But yeah, Honda really has no place on the flanks. I really don't get Seedorf's reasoning there. If I was to compare Honda to someone, I'd compare him to Sneijder. They're very similar players.

It's too bad SES is injured. I think he would have thrived with Seedorf's new system. I'd really like to see this when he gets back.

I'd love to see that line up given a shot or two. Maybe Kaka for Taarabt but either way we have a solid sub to come on for one of the three.behind the striker.
X-Offender
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 16 2014, 06:06 AM) *
I'd love to see that line up given a shot or two. Maybe Kaka for Taarabt but either way we have a solid sub to come on for one of the three.behind the striker.

Yeah, we'd have players like Poli, Kaká and Pazzini coming from the bench. Not shabby at all.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 15 2014, 04:02 PM) *

Zaccheroni, is that you? tongue.gif

Your a coach in the making brother biggrin.gif

“Keisuke plays more on the right, but he lacks a little speed, but recovers thanks to his technique and his shooting, so I believe that the best of him comes from playing behind the strikers.

“Milan, however, have many players in that area of the field and [Clarence] Seedorf will have to make choices combining as best he can the characteristics of everyone.

FI
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 16 2014, 10:03 PM) *
Zaccheroni, is that you? tongue.gif

Your a coach in the making brother biggrin.gif

Zacc's right, but I think Kaka does better on the wing rather than centrally, switching them around won't solve everything but it will improve in how they function in this system
X-Offender
I think everyone can see (and I've mentioned it countless times so far) that Honda cannot play on the flanks and should be moved centrally instead.
Jack Sparrow
Han, X-Off WTF is your problem if a brother says I'll make a good coach. Gah..your jealousy is the reason I'll never win the Champions League with Albinoleffe!! dry.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 17 2014, 05:01 AM) *
Han, X-Off WTF is your problem if a brother says I'll make a good coach. Gah..your jealousy is the reason I'll never win the Champions League with Albinoleffe!! dry.gif

You can try that one out on Fifa tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.