Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan squad
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
kurtsimonw
Which of these do you think have a place in the squad next season, if we are to seriously want to challenge for those CL places? I've highlighted in red those players that are, generally, seen as good enough on here. I've left black those that get a lot of criticism (or in Robinho's case, that we should sell if we receive any offer).

Amelia
Abbiati
Gabriel

Di Sciglio
Mexes
Rami
Zapata
Abate
Constant
Bonera
Zaccardo

Muntari
Saponara
Honda
Birsa
Poli
Montolivo
Kaka'
Nocerino
Cristante
Emanuelson
De Jong

Robinho
Matri
Pazzini
Balotelli
El Shaarawy

This is what I've been saying when I said our squad just isn't that great. There are so few highlighted players and even then that includes:
Saponara & Cristante - Started a total of about 3 games between them.
Honda & Rami - Made 1 sub appearance each.
SES - Injured a lot and in awful form for basically all but a few months oh his Milan career.
Zapata - Having a nightmare of a season.

Allegri wasn't doing a good job this season, there's no debating that. But the above players are simply not good enough for a CL spot. We need massive reionforcements over the next 3 transfer windows to ensure we make top 3 in the 14-15 season.
X-Offender
Gabriel
Coppola

Mexes
Rami
Zapata
Bonera
Abate
De Sciglio
Emanuelson

De Jong
Poli
Montolivo
Cristante

Honda
Saponara
Kaká

Pazzini
Balotelli
El Shaarawy

We need a new GK. Gabriel and Coppola can be 2nd and 3rd choices.

In defense I think we're covered. Mexes and Rami as starters, Zapata as sub, Bonera as 4th choice. Abate and MDS on the wings, Emanuelson as sub.

In central midfield, it depends on the system we'll play. If we're going to play a 3-man midfield, then we need two other additions. If we're gonna play 4-2-3-1, then we're covered.

In attacking midfield, again, depends on the system. If we're gonna play 4-3-2-1, then we're covered, even though another addition would be welcomed. If we're gonna play 4-2-3-1, then we need a quality winger.

In attack I'd say we're covered, considering we'll be playing with one striker either way. Might keep Petagna in cases of emergency.

As you can see, I'm of the opinion we should have a very narrow roster, about 23-24 players max.
Fillipo Simone
This would be my selection: bold are the players still to be tested, red the players I consider good enough, while blank are the ones we need to sell ASP:

Amelia
Abbiati (as backup)
Gabriel
Coppola

Di Sciglio
Mexes
Rami
Zapata
Abate
Constant
Bonera (as backup)
Zaccardo

Muntari
Saponara
Honda
Birsa
Poli
Montolivo (really undecided about this one)
Kaka'
Nocerino
Cristante
Emanuelson
De Jong

Robinho
Matri
Pazzini
Balotelli
El Shaarawy

I agree with you X-O, a smaller but more quality-oriented roster would be very convenient. But MilanLab makes that almost impossible for us.

Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 14 2014, 05:40 PM) *
Allegri wasn't doing a good job this season, there's no debating that. But the above players are simply not good enough for a CL spot. We need massive reionforcements over the next 3 transfer windows to ensure we make top 3 in the 14-15 season.

I get your point Kurt, but then again, take Napoli, Fiorentina or even Inter. I'd bet that none of those teams exceed our number of red players.
han2503
As I mentioned in the transfers thread, once the window closes maybe we could update this thread with the new squad and reassess the team once we know for sure who's in and out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.