Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 16 - FC Inter vs AC Milan T&F
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Pages: 1, 2
Fillipo Simone
Another embarrassment Allegri put us through. Even if we controlled possession and the overall game-play right until the final 20 minutes, Allegri's move with Matri just handed over the victory. What a fail, and what a poor understanding of the game played.

Top? Hard to tell, one of Abbiati and Bonera would be my final pick, with Bonera ending up as the frontrunner.

Flop? Matri - as a tragic gamechanger in an unlike (or rather evident) way, Balotelli, who went from anonymous to dangerous and then frustratingly powerless, Muntari who once again proved not Milan worthy with his behavior, Poli with that unbelievable miss. Constant was very bad, but luckily got subbed off by a very mediocre Emanuelson who let much space for Inter in the final 15 minutes, while his attacks usually ended up as a kind of a set up for Inter's counterstrike. In the end, my pick goes to Matri.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 22 2013, 10:39 PM) *
Another embarrassment Allegri put us through. Even if we controlled possession and the overall game-play right until the final 20 minutes, Allegri's move with Matri just handed over the victory. What a fail, and what a poor understanding of the game played.

Top? Hard to tell, one of Abbiati and Bonera would be my final pick, with Bonera ending up as the frontrunner.

Flop? Matri - as a tragic gamechanger in an unlike (or rather evident) way, Balotelli, who went from anonymous to dangerous and then frustratingly powerless, Muntari who once again proved not Milan worthy with his behavior, Poli with that unbelievable miss. Constant was very bad, but luckily got subbed off by a very mediocre Emanuelson who let much space for Inter in the final 15 minutes, while his attacks usually ended up as a kind of a set up for Inter's counterstrike. In the end, my pick goes to Matri.

Hadn't read your post when I made my votes. Like you say, Allegri botched this one dreadfully with that sub/tactical switch.

Flop: DS - I didn't think he was horrendous, but I thought he was our worst player - I thought we overall played fairly well so this is not a vicious attack at him. He just wasn't very good imo.

Top: Bonera got it - but Poli worked very hard and Kaka also tried gamely. But Bonera justified his selection again by being pretty imperious.

I understand your Matri choice but it wasn't his fault - he simply shouldn't have been put on. I'm not going to blame him for Allegri ruining the match by putting him on under the wrong circumstances.

Allegri: Go. Had it in his hand then threw it away with a horrible tactical mistake.
X-Offender
Top - Bonera. Saponara close.

Flop - Balotelli. Awful, awful game. Didn't do one single thing right.
TriniKing_CE
I mixed up my FLOP & MOTM. sleep.gif dry.gif

Flop: Constant
MOTM: Saponara

Should GO!
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 22 2013, 11:01 PM) *
Flop - Balotelli. Awful, awful game. Didn't do one single thing right.

Thought Balo had some good moments, and some dreadful ones. Mixed night imo.
KillerMax
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Dec 22 2013, 06:08 PM) *
I mixed up my FLOP & MOTM. sleep.gif dry.gif

Flop: Constant
MOTM: Saponara

Should GO!

Can someone please correct this vote? He meant Constant flop and Saponara MOM, but voted the other way around!
KillerMax
Bonera
Balo
OUT!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Dec 23 2013, 01:46 AM) *
Bonera
Balo
OUT!

This.

Matri as flop Fillipo? He barely played 15 minutes. Yet did twice as much running as Balotelli. Balo just let their defenders come forward with the ball at win and then did nothing with it himself.
Fillipo Simone
Twice as much running? Maybe, but Balotelli was tactically a necessity. Matri's running came to nothing, in fact, players like Jesus or Rolando started to move forward as well. His entrence was a disaster and makes me wonder why the hell Pippo retired because that's how he would play in his final days - except he'd score, like always.

I am aware that Matri played only 15 minutes. But he changed the course of things. Prior to his entrance Milan pressured Inter and had more possession.

I think Balotelli overall had his ups and downs. I'm not prepared to say he was a total flop, because he was still the most dangerous man in our attack, and that's something Matri could have only dreamed of.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Dec 23 2013, 02:46 AM) *
Can someone please correct this vote? He meant Constant flop and Saponara MOM, but voted the other way around!

No problem, done smile.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 23 2013, 06:56 AM) *
I am aware that Matri played only 15 minutes. But he changed the course of things. Prior to his entrance Milan pressured Inter and had more possession.

Wasn't his fault though. He wasn't the flop, Allegri was - he ruined the shape with the wrong sub at the wrong time.
Rossoneri7
Bonera / Balotelli / GTFO.
han2503
Flop for me has to go to Zapata. Muntari was his usual level of bad and stupid, but Zapata, he technically speaking would have gifted a penalty to Inter had the ref not decided to give us an early xmas gift and made another couple of totally idiotic errors

MoM: Hmm, Bonera/Poli/ Sapo were the standouts for me personally, will give it to Bonera as I've been harsh on him, but seriously, him and Zapata cannot be on the pitch together, Mexes cannot be dropped for these 2 mistake prone players
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 23 2013, 05:21 PM) *
Flop for me has to go to Zapata. Muntari was his usual level of bad and stupid, but Zapata, he technically speaking would have gifted a penalty to Inter had the ref not decided to give us an early xmas gift and made another couple of totally idiotic errors

Bro, you know I despise Muntari just as much you do, but last night he wasn't terrible. He was decent, won a lot of balls and didn't waste them as much as he usually does. I'd give him a 6.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 23 2013, 02:34 PM) *
Bro, you know I despise Muntari just as much you do, but last night he wasn't terrible. He was decent, won a lot of balls and didn't waste them as much as he usually does. I'd give him a 6.

Quite, he had a fair match - just had 2 really bad moments of indiscipline.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 23 2013, 06:07 PM) *
Quite, he had a fair match - just had 2 really bad moments of indiscipline.

I completely forgot he got sent off. But still, the match was nearly over, it's not like it cost us anything.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 23 2013, 10:26 AM) *
I completely forgot he got sent off. But still, the match was nearly over, it's not like it cost us anything.

That and that nasty tackle that almost broke Jonathan's(?) foot.
X-Offender
He's suspended for the next three games.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 24 2013, 12:26 AM) *

Good. sleep.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 23 2013, 07:26 PM) *

hallelujah!!!

Regarding your previous post, he should have gotten sent off twice. He had a fairly decent game (by his standards that is) but in reality he should have been off much earlier for a horror tackle on Jonathan. The guy is a plain old moron and a terribly limited player on top of that
kurtsimonw
You do criticise him for no reason sometimes though. He's got a fantastic shot on him, certainly better than any other of our midfielders, but you were even having a go at him for shooting. Even when he scores you treat it as a joke - how can you expect people to take you seriously on the player.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 23 2013, 10:24 PM) *
You do criticise him for no reason sometimes though. He's got a fantastic shot on him, certainly better than any other of our midfielders, but you were even having a go at him for shooting. Even when he scores you treat it as a joke - how can you expect people to take you seriously on the player.

Having a "fantastic shot" should not justify him starting, especially when everything else is simply cr@p. Yes, he can take some amazing shots, but really, is that worth having him on the pitch messing up each attack, taking an hour to decide where to pass the ball and lazily jogging around for 90 minutes?

And I treat his scoring as a joke because he usually does it when he's playing even worse than his usual low, so it's a joke because we all know those goals keep justifying his spot on the pitch to Allegri, even though he barely deserves to even be sitting on the bench.

And I was having a shot at him shooting because he kept ignoring players in good positions in order to take pot shots with his useless right foot which went to row G

Saying that Muntari has a great shot so that justifies him being on the pitch is like saying that Odonkor fellow (remember him?) deserves to be on the pitch because he rivals a world class sprinter
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 24 2013, 12:01 AM) *
lazily jogging around for 90 minutes?

Muntari covers an awful lot of ground during a game. Closing down higher up the pitch and covering the full back. I can understand criticism on the ball, but off the ball he's one of our better players. Certainly better than pretty much any player in the team who's not a defender, aside from NDJ.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 23 2013, 11:07 PM) *
Muntari covers an awful lot of ground during a game. Closing down higher up the pitch and covering the full back. I can understand criticism on the ball, but off the ball he's one of our better players. Certainly better than pretty much any player in the team who's not a defender, aside from NDJ.

Lazily jogging around is one of the biggest gripes of people about him aside from the 1 hour thinking process it takes him to make a pass.

Covering the FB? SES did more of that last season than Muntari ever did, and that has been exposed as truth this season as Constant has been exposed for the imposter that he is as a LB whereas last season people were praising him.

Muntari usually spends his time level with Balo and Kaka during the match, his positional sense is terrible. He's only good when we're stuck in our own half defending as he's not easily confused about what he's supposed to be doing.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 24 2013, 01:07 AM) *

I disagree. Last night, yes, he actually was quite lively and covered a lot of ground. That's why I said he had a decent game. But in general, even off the ball he's just jogging around.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 23 2013, 05:15 PM) *
I disagree. Last night, yes, he actually was quite lively and covered a lot of ground. That's why I said he had a decent game. But in general, even off the ball he's just jogging around.

The thing is even when he was actually doing a lot of things well, he was still terrible. He took way too many shots in good positions with attacking players surrounding him and he was lucky not have been sent off pretty early on. That last bit of thuggery for which he did get sent off sealed the deal. Terrible. At some points during the game I thought I can finally come here and praise his performance, but what a liability...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 24 2013, 02:07 AM) *

The next three games will prove to us if our midfield (and subsequently the team) can hold without him or not.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 24 2013, 08:45 AM) *
The next three games will prove to us if our midfield (and subsequently the team) can hold without him or not.

Indeed. 2 our of 3 games at home with the hardest game being Verona at home. Should be comfortable in dominating possession seeing as Muntari is so God awful on the ball, right?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 24 2013, 11:33 AM) *
Indeed. 2 our of 3 games at home with the hardest game being Verona at home. Should be comfortable in dominating possession seeing as Muntari is so God awful on the ball, right?

Lol absolutely right .. Oh pure cr@p even biggrin.gif

Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Dec 24 2013, 02:17 AM) *
The thing is even when he was actually doing a lot of things well, he was still terrible. He took way too many shots in good positions with attacking players surrounding him and he was lucky not have been sent off pretty early on. That last bit of thuggery for which he did get sent off sealed the deal. Terrible. At some points during the game I thought I can finally come here and praise his performance, but what a liability...

This
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 24 2013, 07:45 AM) *

It's been proven many times over when he wasn't playing either through suspension or injury that we're a much more fluid side without him
Jack Sparrow
For me it depends on which side. Since our next three games are against 'weaker' teams, you will be proven right because that's a side against which we do not need his hustling capabilities when we're on the defensive.

It's a different matter that Allegri plays him unconditionally. Against weaker teams, I'd only bring him to shut out a game.

Shoring us up defensively, yet enough of a runner to keep the opposing team honest and not throw everything at us in all out attack.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 24 2013, 12:14 PM) *
It's been proven many times over when he wasn't playing either through suspension or injury that we're a much more fluid side without him

If I remember correctly we played our two best games of the season against Celtic and Catania without Muntari.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 24 2013, 01:14 PM) *

So 3 points from each of the next games is guaranteed? Yay king.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 25 2013, 06:40 AM) *
So 3 points from each of the next games is guaranteed? Yay king.gif

I said that we're a much more fluid side, not that we win every game without him, that has more to do with the collective rather than the individuals
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 25 2013, 11:54 PM) *
I said that we're a much more fluid side, not that we win every game without him, that has more to do with the collective rather than the individuals

So we will have better possesion? With quick passing and stuff?
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 25 2013, 10:02 PM) *
So we will have better possesion? With quick passing and stuff?

Yes, do you know how long it takes him to decide where to pass the ball when he's in possession, even when we're counter attacking, you just know that as soon as he touches the ball the counter will fall apart.

Our last home game even the fans in the stadium were getting p!ssed off and restless whenever he got the ball and took an hour to pass it/lost it
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 26 2013, 11:53 AM) *
Yes, do you know how long it takes him to decide where to pass the ball when he's in possession, even when we're counter attacking, you just know that as soon as he touches the ball the counter will fall apart.

Our last home game even the fans in the stadium were getting p!ssed off and restless whenever he got the ball and took an hour to pass it/lost it

Its not deciding where to pass the ball, its called holding up the ball. Its a tactic Milan have instilled since I started watching this team. There always was a player who would recover the ball, hold the ball, and reduce tempo. But yeah, taking an hour to pass my oh my ohmy.gif

You were at the derby?
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 26 2013, 10:02 AM) *
Its not deciding where to pass the ball, its called holding up the ball. Its a tactic Milan have instilled since I started watching this team. There always was a player who would recover the ball, hold the ball, and reduce tempo. But yeah, taking an hour to pass my oh my ohmy.gif

You were at the derby?

Oh must have read over the part about it being important to hold up the ball during counter attacks in the football for dummies manual innocent.gif

And seriously, you're not supposed to "hold up" the ball when you're in midfield. Especially not when you're supposed to be playing the "role" that Muntari has in this side, he's supposed to be someone who keeps it moving, he's not f@cking Pirlo with the tempo control duties rolleyes.gif And it's not as if he's taking all that time to pass to make a defence splitting pass rolleyes.gif

No, I was talking about our home game before that, the derby was technically speaking an away game
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 26 2013, 04:26 PM) *
Oh must have read over the part about it being important to hold up the ball during counter attacks in the football for dummies manual innocent.gif

Indeed. laugh.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 26 2013, 08:26 AM) *

biggrin.gif

CHU-LIP
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Dec 26 2013, 10:31 PM) *
biggrin.gif

Two flaws in that picture [its text].
KillerMax
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 26 2013, 03:37 PM) *
Two flaws in that picture [its text].

And they are?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Dec 27 2013, 12:01 AM) *
And they are?

I don't know the word outside of Dutch, but when water isn't cold nor hot, it's....... and that's what it ideally should be. Also, it's best if the water, uhm, well, apply the water above the burned area, having the water going indirectly to it. And do that for 10 minutes minimum (though, when water is cold, it becomes 10 minutes maximum - cold is 2nd best, obviously better than hot water). If you only got cold water, you can apply it to your other hand first, having it go from there to the hand with the burned area, while that way the water will lose some of its cold.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 26 2013, 10:10 PM) *
I don't know the word outside of Dutch, but when water isn't cold nor hot, it's....... and that's what it ideally should be. Also, it's best if the water, uhm, well, apply the water above the burned area, having the water going indirectly to it. And do that for 10 minutes minimum (though, when water is cold, it becomes 10 minutes maximum - cold is 2nd best, obviously better than hot water). If you only got cold water, you can apply it to your other hand first, having it go from there to the hand with the burned area, while that way the water will lose some of its cold.

Wow, talk about turning a funny picture into a lecture chu!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

But doesn't that theory go; leave burned area under running cold water for 10 minutes?

And I guess the middle between hot and cold is warm, or if you are advancing more towards the cold side of the spectrum you can say lukewarm water biggrin.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 27 2013, 12:42 AM) *
Wow, talk about turning a funny picture into a lecture chu!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

But doesn't that theory go; leave burned area under running cold water for 10 minutes?

And I guess the middle between hot and cold is warm, or if you are advancing more towards the cold side of the spectrum you can say lukewarm water biggrin.gif

No, not warm either (cold is better than warm - I forgot the term warm for a sec). Normal tempature. In Dutch we say lauw. That theory is not completely false. It's better than doing nothing. Just not the most ideal thing to do. Good theory, but not the best. Maybe in time people learned the better version of it.

And well, I kinda was bored, so it suited me.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 27 2013, 12:10 AM) *

han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 27 2013, 12:22 AM) *
No, not warm either (cold is better than warm - I forgot the term warm for a sec). Normal tempature. In Dutch we say lauw. That theory is not completely false. It's better than doing nothing. Just not the most ideal thing to do. Good theory, but not the best. Maybe in time people learned the better version of it.

And well, I kinda was bored, so it suited me.

So like water that is room temperature? Is that what lauw means?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 27 2013, 11:52 AM) *
So like water that is room temperature? Is that what lauw means?

Yes.

Top: De Sciglio (could have been Abbiati or Bonera as well); Flop: Poli (should have scored); and Allegri obviously needs to get out of here.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 26 2013, 05:26 PM) *

And seriously, you're not supposed to "hold up" the ball when you're in midfield. Especially not when you're supposed to be playing the "role" that Muntari has in this side, he's supposed to be someone who keeps it moving, he's not f@cking Pirlo with the tempo control duties rolleyes.gif And it's not as if he's taking all that time to pass to make a defence splitting pass rolleyes.gif

No, I was talking about our home game before that, the derby was technically speaking an away game

I forgot that all Milan do for 90 minutes is counter attack. My apologies chief king.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.